Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jessa should burn that couch or cover it in plastic. I bet it’s filthy just from 5 people using it daily.

Or at least get some couch covers. I Have a toddler and a dog and our upstairs couch has a cover on it. I wash those covers all the dang time, and when company comes over I can just take them off quickly and have a decent looking couch.  Though my dog is way messier than my kid is. Dog hair and drool, ick. It looks horrible I will admit but its better than constantly sitting on a mess and I like the convenience of being able to clean it super easily!

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Or at least get some couch covers. I Have a toddler and a dog and our upstairs couch has a cover on it. I wash those covers all the dang time, and when company comes over I can just take them off quickly and have a decent looking couch.  Though my dog is way messier than my kid is. Dog hair and drool, ick. It looks horrible I will admit but its better than constantly sitting on a mess and I like the convenience of being able to clean it super easily!

I bet you didn't give birth on any of your couches either.

• LOL 22

In a typical family (with a stay at home parent), Spurgie and Henry would be in nursery school at least a couple days a week and Ivy would be going to a couple of Mommy and Me hours with Jessa. The boys would have play dates and Jessa would likely have moms over. The boys would be playing team sports. The kids would know who Big Bird and Mr Rogers are. They might even know who Nemo and Simba are.

They would have an actual bedroom.

At this time of year they would know who Jesus and Santa are. They would know who the three wise men and Rudolph, Prancer and Comet are.

Instead they're making forts on the same dirty couches with their mom's phone in their faces.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In a typical family (with a stay at home parent), Spurgie and Henry would be in nursery school at least a couple days a week and Ivy would be going to a couple of Mommy and Me hours with Jessa. The boys would have play dates and Jessa would likely have moms over. The boys would be playing team sports. The kids would know who Big Bird and Mr Rogers are. They might even know who Nemo and Simba are.

At this time of year they would know who Jesus and Santa are. They would know who the three wise men and Rudolph, Prancer and Comet are.

Instead they're making forts on the same dirty couches with their mom's phone in their faces.

JB's and M's response to your post: "Success!!!!"

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

None of those things would be happening now because of covid. But yeah, in general, you're right. 

On 12/9/2020 at 8:42 AM, Tasya said:

I think it's just so ridiculous that they stick leggings on these little girls. 

Can't have anyone see their diaper. Because diaper=underwear. They're ridiculous. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

None of those things would be happening now because of covid. But yeah, in general, you're right. 

Can't have anyone see their diaper. Because diaper=underwear. They're ridiculous. 

Well, not entirely. I am in IL which has had the stricted lock down measures from the start and my daughters pre school ( private) has been open the whole time. Public schools are another story. Private sports clubs and dance ect have been open as well.

Anyway, COVID lockdowns really make no difference in the duggar universe. Their entire life is a lockdown aside from church. it is quite sad. We will soon see major differences in Israel and Spurge. Spurge needs to start going to some sort of formal pre school or kindergarten

• Love 7
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

SGirl is 13 years old and you just brought tears to my eyes. We did so many Mommy and me classes when she came home. Art, music, dancing, you name it and we did it. We started every morning by having a walk that ended at a historical bridge. We would go under the bridge so then SBaby would look at the ducks and talk to them.

It was under that bridge that she learned what an echo was after shouting at the ducks. The look on her 2 year old face was precious. We still have the video I sent her Baba of SBaby proudly saying: “Baba listen it’s an echo!”. I miss those days. 

If we had time before class we would go inside the small aquarium that held two sturgeon fish. People would crack up that such a small child could say sturgeon. SBaba had dual majors, although his chemistry degree pays the bills, his true love is Fisheries Biology. He has passed on that passion to SGirl. She is the only child I know who thinks sharks are misunderstood. Her motto is “sharks need love too.” 

Sorry guys, blame @GeeGolly for stirring those memories. It really saddens me that the Seewalds have been blessed with three intellectual sponges and they are stunting them. Just like Ma & Pa Kettle have dictated.

Ben, grow a pair and move your family away from the TTH. Your sisters have jobs and are independent. You are a slave to a buffoon. Be ashamed of yourself as the oldest child and do better.

• Love 24

That's at least third time we've seen poor Henry napping in the living room. Does Jessa just let him play until he drops? 

And why would she speak over her sleeping son and encourage her daughter to perform?

This apple hasn't fallen too far from the Duggar parent tree.

• Love 5

I'm so used to seeing leggings under dresses I don't even notice.  All the pre-schools near my daughter require leggings or shorts under skirts or dresses.  In the colder months every kid I see in a skirt or dress has on leggings.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm so used to seeing leggings under dresses I don't even notice.  All the pre-schools near my daughter require leggings or shorts under skirts or dresses.  In the colder months every kid I see in a skirt or dress has on leggings.  

Yeah, my daughters are 4 and 7, and soft cotton dresses with coordinating leggings underneath are standard wear here. In the summer it's coordinating shorts instead of leggings. When I was young it would have been tights instead of leggings, and tights are hella uncomfortable in my book. I wear leggings under my own dresses now in lieu of tights and I'll never go back! 

It's the idea that a girl can't ever just wear the leggings or shorts on their own without the dress that bothers me, especially to do things like play outside, hike, or ride a bike. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Henry should be sleeping on his bed in a bedroom. How can Jessa be so stupid? Ivy and Jessa yapping does not make restful sleep.

@emmawoodhouse, your comment made me think it was a medical check up. Silly me.

In photos, I’ve seen Henry sleeping in several different places.  He must be one of those kids who can sleep through a hurricane.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Dear God those kids need structure and a schedule,  badly!

Why?  They won't ever have to adhere to a regular school schedule or down the road to a regular work schedule.  Their parents don't need them to, nor does society.   They'll be part of the 2nd generation of Duggarlings to learn at home, socialize with mostly family, work in the family businesses, then marry a religiously appropriate person with the same type of upbringing, and then go on to raise the 3rd generation, JUST.LIKE.THEM.   

I don't get people so vehemently trying to shove the Duggar square pegs into the round holes of society.  They don't want to be there, so why do other people NEED them to be there?

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

My 3 year old granddaughter loves dresses but also loves to be outside playing so she always has shorts or leggings on. But she’s certainly allowed to wear shorts or leggings alone.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I think it's because a lot of people (myself included) think that the Duggar's way of life is not sustainable and at some point, they are going to be forced into society to survive. Jim Bob has money but he also has a pack of uneducated, unmotivated, incompetent kids who also keep having kids and his money will only go so far. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that some of the kids or grandkids are going to have to venture into society to find a job to support their families or use some kind of social services for help. They can't succeed without some idea or experience of how normal society works, with its rules and guidelines. 

Not your circus, not your monkeys.   

Within the family there are real estate licenses, pilot licenses, privately owned businesses and plenty of people that know how to clean toilets and sweep floors.  Every one can earn money if they need it. 

My view: the day they ask me personally for money is the day I care where theirs comes from.   Obviously YMMV. 

• Love 3
On 12/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, xwordfanatik said:

That legging with a dress business really chaps my ass.  Just put pants on the girl, if you're worried about her brother seeing her diaper/underpants!

I would do this for my daughter to help hold the diaper in place. when She would be running around crazy in a diaper and dress, sometimes the diaper would come flying off or be sideways on her haha! I often would put little shorts on her under her dresses in the warmer months too, strictly for the diaper haha. But i definitely think Duggars do it to stick to their weirdo modesty requirements

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I would do this for my daughter to help hold the diaper in place. when She would be running around crazy in a diaper and dress, sometimes the diaper would come flying off or be sideways on her haha! I often would put little shorts on her under her dresses in the warmer months too, strictly for the diaper haha. But i definitely think Duggars do it to stick to their weirdo modesty requirements

Agree, it beats the rubber pants I recall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Yes. I never trusted the little bloomer diaper covers that came with little girl dresses either. The tighter leggings/biker shorts were the second line of defense to leaks and blowouts. 

I figure if the temperature is appropriate for the boys' legs to be covered, it's appropriate for Ivy's to be covered too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I didn't consider the colder weather.  We'll have to see if Ivy will be wearing leggings in the hot weather, too.

Good points about leggings holding the diaper.  Shorts would work too, as some pointed out.  Now I'm remembering my daughter wearing tights with her baby dresses in the fall/winter months.  

• Love 5
19 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Triscuits - more nutricious food!  Awesome!

Yup and not a few triscuits in a bowl but "munching on a box of triscuits" 

I've seen pics of Henry wandering around dragging an entire box of crackers too.

Sounds like a good way for a kid to get his sodium content for the year.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yup and not a few triscuits in a bowl but "munching on a box of triscuits" 

I've seen pics of Henry wandering around dragging an entire box of crackers too.

Sounds like a good way for a kid to get his sodium content for the year.

If he doesn't get it by draining the entire jar of pickle brine. 😁

• LOL 10
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Now she’s just making Spurgeon seem very, um, challenged.

C46F5CFE-15EA-4424-B8F9-27E5E44FE797.jpeg

She must not be getting enough social media attention.  Seems like we got nothing from Spurgeon for a long time and now it seems she's posting his nonsense more frequently because she know the leg humpers will eat it up.

Edited by beckie
  • Love 11
57 minutes ago, beckie said:

She must not be getting enough social media attention.  Seems like we got nothing from Spurgeon for a long time and now it seems she's posting his nonsense more frequently because she know the leg humpers will eat it up.

They are not cute, funny, clever or smart and always sound kind of off and I'm skeptical about him sayings these things.

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, Suzn said:

They are not cute, funny, clever or smart and always sound kind of off and I'm skeptical about him sayings these things.

Me too. I don't know whether Spurge is a particularly babyish 5 year-old or Jessa is making all this stuff up. Or else he says a basic statement like "I hate getting my nails cut" and Jessa puts a cutesy spin on it. Either way, it's a total fail. 

• Love 16
52 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Me too. I don't know whether Spurge is a particularly babyish 5 year-old or Jessa is making all this stuff up. Or else he says a basic statement like "I hate getting my nails cut" and Jessa puts a cutesy spin on it. Either way, it's a total fail. 

Sometimes I wonder if he isn't just winding her up...... Yeah, mom thinks I believe my fingernails keep me warm. Right. What a dumbass. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 15