Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Austin was definitely ready to go.

Jer and Jana look the most over it of the Duggar kids. I think we only see Jana twice during the entire "party". Jer never moved from his spot.

Anna looks pregnant.

Josh looks 50. He looks older than his father. That's just pitiful.

JD and Abbie look truly in love and it didn't seem like they favor handing Gracie around too much. 

The Caldwells were definitely there. Younger siblings galore were around, I didn't see her parents or the youngest sibling. 

Jer and James? Are still holding out looks wise as the best looking of the bunch. 

Tyler presents pretty young, I wonder if he has some sort of delay. 

Lots of Apple Watches on this bunch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

Jer and Jana look the most over it of the Duggar kids. I think we only see Jana twice during the entire "party". Jer never moved from his spot.

Anna looks pregnant.

JD and Abbie look truly in love and it didn't seem like they favor handing Gracie around too much. 

The Caldwells were definitely there. Younger siblings galore were around, I didn't see her parents or the youngest sibling. 

Jer and James? Are still holding out looks wise as the best looking of the bunch. 

Agree about Josh. JB is just starting to go gray, but he looks his age, or maybe slightly younger (JB is 55). Really the main thing that gets to me about JB's looks are his lack of eyebrows, but otherwise he doesn't look too bad. Josh's hairline is atrocious and he looks greasy. 

Tyler is interesting because I think he falls between Jenni and Jordyn in age, but I feel like he presents similarly to Jackson, who is 3-4 years older. I may just be thinking physically though. It appears that they are both going through puberty at about the same time.

I wonder who was filming from Jessa's phone while she and Ben and the kids were opening their presents?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

Anna looks pregnant.

I think Josh looks more pregnant than Anna does. She's had six kids. He's just eaten himself that big. Jessa only showed him from the side like twice, but all I could see was how big and greasy he looked. 

• Love 3

Derrick and Jill probably chose to be with his family because it is smaller. There were PLENTY of people at the Duggar Christmas celebration, while Derrick’s mom only has the 2 boys and their families.

Per their Instagram, it looks like they attended an in-person church holiday service. So they don't seem to be avoiding super spreader events, just the Duggar family parties.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Per their Instagram, it looks like they attended an in-person church holiday service. So they don't seem to be avoiding super spreader events, just the Duggar family parties.

Yeah, to me, it comes across as more primarily avoiding the Duggars than anything else. And I doubt either side was too upset by that. Jill and Derick seem to follow some of the rules (like masking) more than many other in the family (low bar), but they don't seem consistent on it, and they've certainly never seemed to practice isolation from non-household members. 

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Socializing with the Duggars aside, I cannot imagine enjoying Christmas in the physical atmosphere of that house.  Cavernous echo chamber that's made worse by probably two dozen small children rampaging around largely unsupervised, generally grubby conditions that my eyes tell me probably always reek, huge Christmas tree but strangely lacking any festive touches all the same, cafeteria-style processed foods, continuous din of dozens of conversations and JB's donkey braying laugh.   Insult to injury, no cocktails. 

And I'll bet it's always cold and dank, too. Jim Bob seems like the kind of cheapskate who watches the thermostat like a hawk and refuses to allow anyone else to touch it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I laughed so hard at this shot of Austin sitting away from all the chaos. Same, Austin, same.

image.png.b8cfccc780b630f1d6c56266d6b3c1b2.png

That is probably the most genuine expression of emotion that I've seen among the adults in that household.

• LOL 17
  • Love 7

the attire at the TTH is always interesting - half the folks in winter coats/vests and others in t shirts, or in shorts. a bunch barefoot. i get people have different tolerance for temperature, but it is always so extreme in the TTH pics. both with family only and with large gatherings

• Love 10
4 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I laughed so hard at this shot of Austin sitting away from all the chaos. Same, Austin, same.

image.png.b8cfccc780b630f1d6c56266d6b3c1b2.png

Also...speaking of Jim Bob and the thermostat......

This is a young guy whose job includes frequent outdoor work, pretty much all year round.  And look at the coat he's wearing....indoors. All the heat JB does allow probably shoots up through the floor and  instantly rockets to the ceiling miles above. 

Some of the Duggars must have a lot of tolerance for the cold. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Austin is from a small family so he must feelike he is at a train station/zoo. I would hide in the bathroom or something.

I have a feeling more than a few of us would prefer hiding out in the bathroom.   Every time I see that place I swear I can smell it through the screen and I just cannot imagine having to spend time there -- let alone what are supposed to be celebrations of happy occasions.   That certainly wouldn't make happy memories for me.

Despite leaving the impression of being a PITA drama llama, the only Duggar event that has ever looked remotely fun was the fall carnival Lauren organized a month or so ago.   Bonus points that it was outdoors in the fresh air where I don't have to see or smell that enormous sectional sofa that gives me chills.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Also...speaking of Jim Bob and the thermostat......

This is a young guy whose job includes frequent outdoor work, pretty much all year round.  And look at the coat he's wearing....indoors. All the heat JB does allow probably shoots up through the floor and  instantly rockets to the ceiling miles above. 

Some of the Duggars must have a lot of tolerance for the cold. 

He's probably got his coat on as a hint to Joy that it is time to leave.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 13
On 12/28/2020 at 5:03 PM, Kellyee said:

What I was trying to say was that they probably went to his Mom’s for her benefit, not for any COVID-related reasons. There are lots of people who chose to be at the Duggar’s home, Cathy has only Derrick and his brother and their families to spend the holidays with her.

• Love 3

I have a large family (although not quite this large) and we can be loud and overwhelming and regularly number 30-40 people at holidays. I love the chaos of the holidays together, so this isn't awful to me (although I wish we had this space AND those kitchens...of course our meals are huge, varied, and homemade...none of that processed crap)  I missed that this year...it's not the same on Zoom.

I actually love how the cousins really seem to love each other and were so excited to see each other. My kids were, and still are, super close to their cousins and we are now seeing that among their kids too. I also like how the one gift per person allows them to give really nice gifts instead of a bunch of crap. Was that also a huge projector TV we glimpsed at the end?

Of course Michelle is wearing an apron but not actually doing anything but making out with JimBob. Also, they give each grandkid a paper bag full of dollar store crap and probably don't buy anything for their younger kids. You also know that Jana did all of the cooking and cleaning and probably chopped down and decorated that enormous tree. I also never realized how tiny Josie is - Spurgeon is only a head shorter than her. I imagine Izzy is close to her height.

All of the brothers other than Josh are looking pretty fit. He looks enormous. It must gall him that John David seems to be the brother they look to as the eldest now. I'll never understand why he didn't send each of the boys to get licensed in a trade and do proper construction/renovation.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Insert Username said:

I have a large family (although not quite this large) and we can be loud and overwhelming and regularly number 30-40 people at holidays. I love the chaos of the holidays together, so this isn't awful to me (although I wish we had this space AND those kitchens...of course our meals are huge, varied, and homemade...none of that processed crap)  I missed that this year...it's not the same on Zoom.

I actually love how the cousins really seem to love each other and were so excited to see each other. My kids were, and still are, super close to their cousins and we are now seeing that among their kids too. I also like how the one gift per person allows them to give really nice gifts instead of a bunch of crap. Was that also a huge projector TV we glimpsed at the end?

Of course Michelle is wearing an apron but not actually doing anything but making out with JimBob. Also, they give each grandkid a paper bag full of dollar store crap and probably don't buy anything for their younger kids. You also know that Jana did all of the cooking and cleaning and probably chopped down and decorated that enormous tree. I also never realized how tiny Josie is - Spurgeon is only a head shorter than her. I imagine Izzy is close to her height.

All of the brothers other than Josh are looking pretty fit. He looks enormous. It must gall him that John David seems to be the brother they look to as the eldest now. I'll never understand why he didn't send each of the boys to get licensed in a trade and do proper construction/renovation.

Jim Bob wants to keep all his sons under his thumb. To do that his kids need to be financially dependent on him aka keep the kids uneducated.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jim Bob wants to keep all his sons under his thumb. To do that his kids need to be financially dependent on him aka keep the kids uneducated.

So much easier to be the perpetual headship and bloviate and pontificate to a captive audience who has little to no ability to strike out on their own, with no education or other resources to get the ball rolling.

• Love 3
On 12/29/2020 at 9:08 AM, Tikichick said:

Socializing with the Duggars aside, I cannot imagine enjoying Christmas in the physical atmosphere of that house.  Cavernous echo chamber that's made worse by probably two dozen small children rampaging around largely unsupervised, generally grubby conditions that my eyes tell me probably always reek, huge Christmas tree but strangely lacking any festive touches all the same, cafeteria-style processed foods, continuous din of dozens of conversations and JB's donkey braying laugh.   Insult to injury, no cocktails. 

That's pretty much the description of every Christmas at my dad's side. As a lifelong introvert, I've hated going there most of my life and honestly was relieved that because of COVID we weren't doing the get-together this year. And yep, drinking alcohol is expressly forbidden. I'll have maybe one drink per year, but if it were allowed at the Christmas "party", you bet your ass I'd be imbibing.   

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

So much easier to be the perpetual headship and bloviate and pontificate to a captive audience who has little to no ability to strike out on their own, with no education or other resources to get the ball rolling.

Plus JB can deploy them as he wants in his mysterious business and shift cash around as he's writing out the paychecks to keep the taxes as low as possible for "the family." He can say anything he wants about who did or didn't make money and what that money was for and what kind of activities produced it.

And then he can disburse the ultimate take however he likes. He has lots of chess pieces to move around to minimize the overall tax liability based on who's supposedly earning what and by what means. And what's stashed in which llc. Etc.

If individual Duggarlings started going out on their own, he'd lose a lot of his ability to tax dodge. And they're captive to the scheme because he can -- correctly -- tell them that the whole family could be worse off if they started peeling off from the business into jobs of their own (not that they have the ability or the nerve to do that....) They just sign what he tells them to sign. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, SMama said:

I hope that is Ivy’s toy. Why are Spurgeon’s pants so tight on his crotch? FWIW they look better than usual.

I think they may have had that toy for a long time.........Jessa probably just hung it on Henry because it's beige. 

• LOL 8
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm now singing "Henry and the Spurge" to the tune of Pinky and the Brain. Henry and the Spurge, Spurge, Spurge. 

Too bad these poor kids will probably never get to enjoy the awesomeness that is Pinky and the Brain.

The names in that order fit the melody, but I imagine Henry as the Brain and Spurge as Pinky. Narf!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, SMama said:

I hope that is Ivy’s toy. Why are Spurgeon’s pants so tight on his crotch? FWIW they look better than usual.

It makes me itchy just to look at those too-small pants.  That's got to be so uncomfortable.  And yes, what's with all the beige?  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

That's pretty much the description of every Christmas at my dad's side. As a lifelong introvert, I've hated going there most of my life and honestly was relieved that because of COVID we weren't doing the get-together this year. And yep, drinking alcohol is expressly forbidden. I'll have maybe one drink per year, but if it were allowed at the Christmas "party", you bet your ass I'd be imbibing.   

No alcohol at your family gatherings?

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

OMG. Beige.

And why does Jessa insist on dressing her kids in clothes that are a half size too small?

Didn't Whitney Bates just post a family photo with everyone wearing beige/ oatmeal?  I guess oatmeal is the newest cool look?  Yuck!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

It looks like she did. His legs appear very slim too.

Yeah. There's a whole slim thing from the shoulders down in that picture. 

Guess she couldn't figure out how to get rid of the wrinkles in that crotch where the pants make me uncomfortable just looking at them. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm now singing "Henry and the Spurge" to the tune of Pinky and the Brain. Henry and the Spurge, Spurge, Spurge. 

Too bad these poor kids will probably never get to enjoy the awesomeness that is Pinky and the Brain.

We're Henry and the Spurge, Henry and the Spurge
Momma's trying to make those "likes" surge
Henry likes fruit
Sayings of Spurgeon aren't that cute
Where's Ivy? We're Henry and the Spurge, Spurge, Spurge...

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2020 at 4:45 PM, Insert Username said:

See, that SOUNDS lovely to me, as an only child raised by a single Mother. Having said that, I don't think I could cope all the same with so much noise and chaos as I get overwhelmed easily and also have sensory overload quite often. Sigh.

That photo of the boys is nice but so staged. I stand by my feelings, I really cannot abide Jessa. Her voice is cold, distant and grating on every fibre of my being. She always sounds like a Major barking orders. Spurgeon is obnoxious - no Jessa, it's not cute - and will turn out rather shitty if you don't curb him, Henry is always third fiddle and wee Ivy, well, we shall see, I suppose.

• Love 17

Jessa, stop trying to make the Art Linkletter 'Kids Say the Darndest Things' happen, circa 2020.  You sound in desperate need of validation!

Why not work on yourself, and stop the ridiculous baby train for awhile?  (Or forever, preferably.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, MunichNark said:

See, that SOUNDS lovely to me, as an only child raised by a single Mother. Having said that, I don't think I could cope all the same with so much noise and chaos as I get overwhelmed easily and also have sensory overload quite often. Sigh.

I'm with you on that. I have sensory issues as well, and large gatherings are painful for me, and very overwhelming.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11