Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Henry is adorable and by far the most photogenic of the kids.

Jessa's side profile in nearly every picture highlights her jaw, which is her least attractive feature. You'd think a professional photographer would've staged her better. 

I think the professional photographer hates her.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Trying to copy the Bates girls with this pose.... she looks pained 🤣🤣

F96C83BF-F52E-4BD2-9783-F2B37A865AE5.jpeg

It's such an awkward angle I'm wondering if Jessa threw a fit that she wanted her hair to be the *STAR* and wound up looking deformed to get the right angle for her hair to flow freely.  🙄

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 1/6/2021 at 10:08 PM, NotthebadVictoria said:

Lol, and as if she has a major underbite!  And of course the hair is the star of the show. 

Those are actually sweet pics of bin and the boys though, I have to admit. 

Edited by awaken
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I want to reach through the screen with a pair of scissors and chop off at least a foot of that mop. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 13

She looks like she smells something rancid. Which is kind of impressive because I'm assuming she has an impervious olfactory system to live in that dumpster of a house. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

She looks like she smells something rancid. Which is kind of impressive because I'm assuming she has an impervious olfactory system to live in that dumpster of a house. 

That’s what I meant!! 😂, hair and awkward pose aside she looks like she’s trying to force a smile! No real “holding” him on his face, so staged and disingenuous.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

That’s what I meant!! 😂, hair and awkward pose aside she looks like she’s trying to force a smile! No real “holding” him on his face, so staged and disingenuous.

She looks to me like she's trying to look happy but she's just on the verge of pulling away violently and screaming "Ewwwwww!" 

But I really think Bin might be the more likely one to do that. 😁

That is just a bad shot of Jessa -- horrible position, horrible expression (not to mention her big ugly chin and jaw sticking out)-- that no one should ever have posted, in my opinion. Didn't anybody notice what a crap shot it is? And it was taken by a professional?

Did Jessa force the woman to fork that one over because she was so enamored with the look of her precious Godly-for-Gothard locks that she didn't notice that she, herself, looks awkward and absurd as hell? And as if she'd do anything to get away from Bin? Or what? 

They really are idiots. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19

In the weeds but with an apartment building in almost every shot.

In the shot of Jessa walking away with Ivy it looks like the a gremlin is coming for them.

Is she saving the Ivy pics for another day? Or was Ivy just not having it on photo day?

I guess another new trend is to have every picture be a playful "candid" shot.

And one more thing. Back in the day photographers wanted the back drop to be the background, not part of the picture. When they wanted the background to be more prominent, light a sunset, they posed the subjects differently. The white and wheat colored clothes and white blanket combined with the wheat is awful.

The Duggars certainly do have a knack for copying every trend, in a bottom shelf kind of way.

• LOL 4
  • Love 20

What is it with adults taking and displaying posed, staged kissing pictures? 

WTF is the impetus for that? 

Since I don't look at many social-media photos, I don't know whether this is largely exclusive to this sexually-disordered, supposedly modesty-worshipping crowd or whether it's a general trend at the moment. 

Either way, it says nothing complimentary about the participants, if you ask me. It's behavior I expect from 13-year-olds with newly raging hormones and no comprehension of the world, not grown-ass adults. 

When you show off your kissing like this, Bin Seewald, it just makes me assume that you're very seldom actually getting any. And that's probably not the impression you intend to give, is it? 

Next stop: faux-humping Jessa on the mini-golf course. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Since I don't look at many social-media photos, I don't know whether this is largely exclusive to this sexually-disordered, supposedly modesty-worshipping crowd or whether it's a general trend at the moment. 

Either way, it says nothing complimentary about the participants, if you ask me. It's behavior I expect it from 13-year-olds with newly raging hormones and no comprehension of real life, not grown-ass adults. 

I'm not a huge SM follower either. In real life, pictures such as you describe are usually done for engagement, wedding and anniversary photos.

Jessa does seem to have a pressing need to prove to her followers that she and Ben are madly in love. So there's that.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not a huge SM follower either. In real life, pictures such as you describe are usually done for engagement, wedding and anniversary photos.

Jessa does seem to have a pressing need to prove to her followers that she and Ben are madly in love. So there's that.

Exactly. That's where I see them. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

"No Ben, the dress HAS TO BE Shit brown! And make sure my chin juts out or you won't see you balls for 6 months!"

• LOL 13
On 1/4/2021 at 9:44 AM, Madtown said:

As gross as that couch and pile of diapers were/are, I wonder how much of Jessa's hair is laying all over that house? How many times do the kids or Ben find it in their food? I can't imagine what the shower drain is like either. I'm pretty sure Ben would never snake it to get the hair out nor would Jessa have a hair catcher over the drain. I also think like others have said, that the house smells. I always think it probably smells like dirty feet.

There was that long ago episode where Jana came over to install "can lights".  I can't remember why but Jessa was scrounging under her bed.  The camera panned under there and oh my gosh, the dust bunnies.

Normal dust bunnies are small but when dust is mixed with four feet long hair, evidently they grow supersize.  They were enormous!

I agree, I don't know how they deal with constantly clogged drains and hair in their food.  It's so gross.

All the Duggars and Bates do their family pictures dressed in beige/oatmeal/wheat and maybe they are trying for a sepia look.  I also can't wait for that far to die.

Ivy's face only being in one picture was strange.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

All the Duggars and Bates do their family pictures dressed in beige/oatmeal/wheat and maybe they are trying for a sepia look.  I also can't wait for that far to die.

What stuck out to me besides the boring beige, was that Jessa was the only 1 in a color.  So your eye is drawn to her and the others are just props.  They are bad pictures...

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, louannems said:

Ivy's face only being in one picture was strange.

I don't know exactly why, but I'm starting to get the idea that Jessa doesn't like Ivy very much. Maybe a third kid was just too much for her. Maybe she dislikes girls and greatly prefers boys (not surprising, considering she was raised in a rigid patriarchy). Maybe she's following her mother's parenting style. Michelle, a indifferent mother at best, seems to have had no problem scapegoating some of her kids (Jana, Josiah) and openly favoring others (Josh, Josie). I hope I'm wrong because, if that's the case, Ivy is in for a miserable ride.

• Love 3

Ivy was in two or three of the total photos that they posted.  In none did she look happy and in one, she was definitely not having it.  I think she was refusing to cooperate and hopefully they let her be with whoever the designated child minder was that day.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Either way, it says nothing complimentary about the participants, if you ask me. It's behavior I expect from 13-year-olds with newly raging hormones and no comprehension of the world, not grown-ass adults. 

When you show off your kissing like this, Bin Seewald, it just makes me assume that you're very seldom actually getting any. And that's probably not the impression you intend to give, is it? 

Next stop: faux-humping Jessa on the mini-golf course. 

I just really have no need to see people kissing.  I'm sure they have some reason for these pictures, but I don't think they realize how they come off.  It's sort of braggy - look how we stay hot for each other!  Instead of looking that way, they look strangely passionless.  Jessa and Ben appear only slightly warmer than Jill and Derick who resemble Ken and Barbie with their faces pushed together.  It's childish, but in some ways they don't really grow up, they merely perform the parts given them. 

Also, this pictures are not at all good for professional pictures.  It looked like Ivy was having a bad day and that's maybe why she wasn't featured.

5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Based on that picture... I know why Jessa isn’t pregnant haha

Exactly!  😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Wow, that is....not a good picture. Bin's face is an afterthought and Jessa looks like she's about to throw up or burst into tears. It seems like they used another "professional" photographer, i.e., a sweet friend who has a camera and thinks that makes her a pro. 

Has Jessa always had such a major underbite and I just never noticed? I know she's always had a strong chin and it gets more noticeable when she loses weight, but I never noticed the underbite until now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Has Jessa always had such a major underbite and I just never noticed? I know she's always had a strong chin and it gets more noticeable when she loses weight, but I never noticed the underbite until now. 

I think Jessa's always had a bit of an underbite, but it looks like she clenched her jaw as Bin leaned in to kiss her, making it more pronounced than it actually is. If this was her attempt to prove she and Bin are hot and heavy, it failed miserably.

• Love 13

their sweet friend taking the pics does some really nice/trendy type pics.

but Duggars and Bates apparently only want to pics in a field near home in the non color clothes. she is probably doing their pics for free and the others are paying.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

It also looked like Jessa, once again, took as little time as possible with Ivy's hair. She looks like she got her dressed the night before and just pulled her out in time for the picture. 

• Love 1

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jessa's always had a bit of an underbite, but it looks like she clenched her jaw as Bin leaned in to kiss her, making it more pronounced than it actually is. If this was her attempt to prove she and Bin are hot and heavy, it failed miserably.

Yeah, because she ended up looking like a witch who's drawn this naive schmo in by pretending to kiss him but is about to pull violently away and call down a massive curse on his head while she cackles with demonic laughter. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

If Jessa were an animal, she would be a bulldog. But less cute.

My husband and I have been together for 27 years. There is exactly one picture of us kissing in all that time, and it was taken at our wedding 18 years ago. These people are just weird, but I guess it comes with being in a fertility cult.

Edited by jcbrown
typos are a thing
  • Love 15

At least there weren't any pictures of Henry faceplanted in the weeds taking a nap, while Ivy climbs all over him. I think that that picture is all about Jessa's mop head of hair. I don't doubt for a second that she doesn't read here and see all the posts of how horrible her hair is. It's just always about Jessa and she has to be the stand out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, beckie said:

It also looked like Jessa, once again, took as little time as possible with Ivy's hair. She looks like she got her dressed the night before and just pulled her out in time for the picture. 

There’s no excuse for Ivy’s disheveled appearance.  Her hair looks like she just crawled out of bed.

• Love 9

The Duggars continue to be enamored with curls. They did the same thing with Josie's barely-there hair. If Jessa tames Ivy's hair, she tames the little waves she has. If she lets it go wild, Jessa can pretend Ivy has curly hair.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars continue to be enamored with curls. They did the same thing with Josie's barely-there hair. If Jessa tames Ivy's hair, she tames the little waves she has. If she lets it go wild, Jessa can pretend Ivy has curly hair.

"The Glory of Hair

"Gothard was not shy about what he found to be attractive on a woman’s head–long hair, soft curls. I heard girls reacting to that all the time. There were girls who couldn’t get their hair to hold a curl. One friend said to me, “Look how limp my hair is, and I had it all up in hot rollers just two hours ago!” Others couldn’t grow their hair long or just preferred it short. Still, they knew they weren’t living up to Gothard’s ideal. Some girls probably weren’t bothered at all. I heard more from the ones who were.

"Well I wanted to meet that ideal, and I did. I had plenty of insecurities, but my hair was my one glory, my one claim to beauty. I could make it do whatever I wanted. Add a little navy and white and some bright eyes, and I could achieve the perfect ATI (Advanced Training Institute) look. Yes, other girls were jealous of my hair. I know because they told me. As an ATI teenager, I couldn’t talk to boys and had to go skiing in a skirt, but at least I had great hair.

"After I graduated from high school, I got eighteen inches of hair chopped off. I just thought it would be fun to try what I had never done before. I came home and my brothers and dad were NOT happy. In fact, one of my brothers wouldn’t talk to me for several days. My dad looked at me and said, “Well, it will grow.” I hadn’t really known how important my hair was until I made that awful mistake. I repented and allowed my hair to grow again. In a year, I had my glorious hair back...."      

SPOILER: This woman eventually turned aside from this holy edict.

https://www.recoveringgrace.org/2012/01/the-glory-of-hair/

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
On 1/6/2021 at 10:45 PM, Kbo said:

I want to reach through the screen with a pair of scissors and chop off at least a foot of that mop. 

Two feet. At least.

I got 3 Xmas cards with people dashing through wheat fields.

Bin is such a major dweeb.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"The Glory of Hair

"Gothard was not shy about what he found to be attractive on a woman’s head–long hair, soft curls. I heard girls reacting to that all the time. There were girls who couldn’t get their hair to hold a curl. One friend said to me, “Look how limp my hair is, and I had it all up in hot rollers just two hours ago!” Others couldn’t grow their hair long or just preferred it short. Still, they knew they weren’t living up to Gothard’s ideal. Some girls probably weren’t bothered at all. I heard more from the ones who were.

"Well I wanted to meet that ideal, and I did. I had plenty of insecurities, but my hair was my one glory, my one claim to beauty. I could make it do whatever I wanted. Add a little navy and white and some bright eyes, and I could achieve the perfect ATI (Advanced Training Institute) look. Yes, other girls were jealous of my hair. I know because they told me. As an ATI teenager, I couldn’t talk to boys and had to go skiing in a skirt, but at least I had great hair.

"After I graduated from high school, I got eighteen inches of hair chopped off. I just thought it would be fun to try what I had never done before. I came home and my brothers and dad were NOT happy. In fact, one of my brothers wouldn’t talk to me for several days. My dad looked at me and said, “Well, it will grow.” I hadn’t really known how important my hair was until I made that awful mistake. I repented and allowed my hair to grow again. In a year, I had my glorious hair back...."      

SPOILER: This woman eventually turned aside from this holy edict.

https://www.recoveringgrace.org/2012/01/the-glory-of-hair/

I remember reading this years ago. While I certainly think this factors into it, I also think Jessa likes curly hair, as we see with her boys.

• Love 6

Hee!  I still watch the Brady Bunch.

I have curly hair, but I wash it and you know, brush it.  Jessa wants the look without the work, it seems.  Some of you may remember the trend in men perming their hair (the Bradys did that!)  I can see Jessa perming her kids' hair, and it looking like a giant fuzz ball.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Jessa's social media is just so boring and charmless. There's nothing happening with her life and she's not imaginative enough to create content. The professional pictures she posted are just like her life: monotonous, dull, charmless.

• Love 16

Jessa looks like a 46 year-old woman in those photos, circa 1974.   And potato baby just can't compete with her sister-cousins, although she's got some competition with nostril girl in the Joyless camp.     

• LOL 4