Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

It's more than just eggs. . It's essentially a frittata - eggs, potatoes, peppers. You don't need to use a pan As I said, I tried it once. It's just not that good.

I'm right there with you.  I tried it once and it was terrible.  Too bad because it sounded like a good idea.

• Love 4

I tried the Just Crack an Egg things and thought they were OK.  A bit on the salty side and definitely not the same and just cooking it all in a frying pan, but it was edible.  The Jimmy Dean ones are worse as they come with a small cup of "Egg product".  

50 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

The Jimmy Dean ones are worse as they come with a small cup of "Egg product".  

Jesus, I don't even want to think about what that could be.

• LOL 9

This damn commercial. Needs to go back to bottom of hell's septic tank where it came from and take the annoying marketing person who thought it was a good idea with it. Th kids are cute enough,  nothing against them. It's the grating guitar , song, and message

I cant reach for the mute button fast enough 

• Love 3
On 5/17/2020 at 5:15 PM, SoMuchTV said:

What???  No way!!!  Anyone who's watched any commercials knows that any liquid that comes out of human bodies is blue!

On 5/17/2020 at 8:03 PM, janie jones said:

There's a pad commercial recently that uses a red liquid.

On the one hand, I guess we shouldn’t be squeamish because, y’know, it is what it is. But on the other hand, we’ve been so conditioned to expect the “sanitized” version...

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

The New Jake From State Farm. They essentially created the exact same ad as the Original Jake From State Farm but took out the two lines at the end that were the "payoff"/funniest part of the ad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can't deal with the assortment of weirdos in the Nurex birth control commercial. This is for some online birth control service.

"Getting birth control the old way is so terrible.  You have to get the exam and call the pharmacy."  Yes, you have to do these things for your health and safety. 

Based on the the lady who celebrates the delivery by raising the roof and the nose ring/ beanie chick, it seems to be a service for total weirdos.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, janie jones said:

I imagine you can get frozen vegetable medleys with pretty much the same stuff as Just Crack an Egg, so people could just toss some of those in a mug with an egg and some bacon bits and microwave it.  Less garbage and you can also season it the way you want.  

And less sodium.  There are also recipes all over the internet for making egg poppers (don't know what to call them) in muffin tins.  Yeah, it takes more time to bake them but you get a dozen.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

On the one hand, I guess we shouldn’t be squeamish because, y’know, it is what it is. But on the other hand, we’ve been so conditioned to expect the “sanitized” version...

TBH, I found the red liquid refreshing.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Based on the the lady who celebrates the delivery by raising the roof and the nose ring/ beanie chick, it seems to be a service for total weirdos.

GF and I have seen this one a few times. I always remark "I don't think they need to worry about birth control..."

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Not sure if this is the right topic, but I resent my astronomy shows on Science Channel being interrupted by commercials for TLC and Discovery Channel's trashy TV shows. 🤬

(Didn't one of the announce they were going to quit making freak shows?)

On 5/16/2020 at 10:57 AM, tres bien said:

Progressive it's time to dump Mara.

Is Mara the bitchy one? I'm getting annoyed by the new ones with her disrupting her fellow Progressive employee online meetings. 

22 hours ago, mmecorday said:

The "Just Crack an Egg" woman can go hug a land mine. She opens up her fridge, sees a container of said product, and conveniently has just one egg to crack into the container. Next thing you know she's doing a Jack and Rose "Titanic" spin with it.

Ironically enough, I prefer the egg-in-a-cup produce that comes with egg. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Not sure if this is the right topic, but I resent my astronomy shows on Science Channel being interrupted by commercials for TLC and Discovery Channel's trashy TV shows. 🤬

(Didn't one of the announce they were going to quit making freak shows?)

Is Mara the bitchy one? I'm getting annoyed by the new ones with her disrupting her fellow Progressive employee online meetings. 

Ironically enough, I prefer the egg-in-a-cup produce that comes with egg. 🤷‍♂️

Mara is the woman with the  grating, whiny, nasally voice 😠

Edited by tres bien
On ‎05‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 8:58 AM, nokat said:

Car commercial, showing the car climbing stairs. How about a commercial with you sitting in LA traffic?

They could run it during that episode of 24 where Kiefer Sutherland sits in traffic for an hour, lol.  (Never happened, but damned it absolutely should've since each episode of that show was allegedly an hour of the same day.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On ‎05‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 9:42 AM, icemiser69 said:

Oh no, not Saint Oprah.   Did this happen before or after she walked on water?

I have never been a fan.  In my much younger days, I used to walk over to my neighbor's house, and there wasn't a day that went by where they weren't watching her and praising her.  A person they don't personally know and have never met.   I never understood that at all. 

I swear, if Oprah could fart into a perfume bottle, it would be a best seller (smeller).

I really don't need to see commercials for face masks.  The disposable ones look extremely overpriced.

I liked Oprah when she worked on a station in Baltimore (Channel 13, I think), but that was a loooonnnng time ago.

20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I just don't see how its that convenient if you still have to crack an egg. At that point just make eggs. With Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches or bowls you just have to heat them up you don't have to still crack eggs. What's the point? 

It cooks in the microwave very quickly, so yes, it is quicker than cooking eggs in a pan, with the onions, peppers, etc., you would've had to prep.  But you're trading convenience for taste.

16 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Jesus, I don't even want to think about what that could be.

Powdered egg whites and food coloring, probably.

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

And less sodium.  There are also recipes all over the internet for making egg poppers (don't know what to call them) in muffin tins.  Yeah, it takes more time to bake them but you get a dozen.

It's the convenience of it.  Me, if I want eggs of any sort, I do them on a day when I have the time to cook them on the stove.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I liked Oprah when she worked on a station in Baltimore (Channel 13, I think), but that was a loooonnnng time ago.

It cooks in the microwave very quickly, so yes, it is quicker than cooking eggs in a pan, with the onions, peppers, etc., you would've had to prep.  But you're trading convenience for taste.

It's the convenience of it.  Me, if I want eggs of any sort, I do them on a day when I have the time to cook them on the stove.

And clean the pan afterwards.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2020 at 8:54 AM, configdotsys said:

I remember one girl named Cinnamon

I can't help but think of Robert's ex-Vegas-showgirl-ex-wife Joanne whose stage name was 'Cinnamon' on Everybody Loves Raymond

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Nothing beats the taste of eggs cooked on a stove. No matter how much I keep hoping one day they'll be able to one day make it happen with the microwave. Its just better. My dad when he had a craving or we asked him he makes the best eggs, pancakes and French toast would often make big batches on Sunday so we could have scrambled eggs or pancakes or French toast all week long. 

• Love 4

The reason an egg white scramble is my go-to breakfast is because it's so quick and easy to make (and that's with bacon or sausage; a vegetarian version would cook even faster).  Not two minutes, no, but scrambled eggs just seems an odd dish to make a convenience product version of.  I guess it's not really any different than a lot of them.  Maybe it's just that I find the thought of microwaved eggs particularly unappealing (I don't cook anything in the microwave, just use it to reheat things).  I don't know, but for some reason(s) when I saw that Just Crack an Egg commercial I thought, "Really?  This is a thing?"

(I'd never eat them anyway, since, being Ore-Ida, they all have potatoes in them and I hate potatoes.  But even without the yucky spuds, it's a firm no for me.)

• Love 2
On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 7:37 PM, Tashalynn29 said:

Needs to go back to bottom of hell's septic tank where it came from and take the annoying marketing person who thought it was a good idea with it.

This made my day. Hell's septic tank. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don't know, but for some reason(s) when I saw that Just Crack an Egg commercial I thought, "Really?  This is a thing?"

I feel the same way about the peeled hard boiled eggs I've seen in the dairy aisle. Ok, it takes 14 minutes or so, 13 of of them unattended. (Boil water..... put eggs in.... wait 11 minutes.... peel)

• Love 3
11 hours ago, dleighg said:

I feel the same way about the peeled hard boiled eggs I've seen in the dairy aisle. Ok, it takes 14 minutes or so, 13 of of them unattended. (Boil water..... put eggs in.... wait 11 minutes.... peel)

I've used those a few times because I have trouble peeling the shells off without ripping up the eggs.  It's not a problem if I'm doing egg salad, but with deviled eggs for a function which includes people other than my immediate family, appearance matters.

I've probably mentioned it before, but the Chewy commercial where the woman says "no one tells you what to expect with a new pet" drives me up the wall.  I've literally never gotten a pet without asking about things I'd need for it ahead of time.  Now, people probably do and then order the stuff from Chewy, but that's not how it phrased.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, dleighg said:

I worked with someone who used them - they were individually wrapped, so they were convenient to stick in his lunch bag.

• Love 5

I've used the Martha Stewart method with a success rate of about 50%. When I was making deviled eggs for potlucks, I used Eggland's Best already cooked and peeled hard boiled eggs. Recently I saw an ad for a gadget that makes hard boiled eggs in the microwave, basically by putting a small amount of water in it and steaming them. That reminded me that Alton Brown recommends putting a small amount of water in a saucepan, bring to a simmer, put in a steamer basket, add eggs, steam for 12 minutes, 5 minutes in an ice bath, crack shells and peel. I tried it last week and it's the first time I've had 100% success with easy peel perfectly cooked eggs. I watched a YouTube review of the microwave gadget and they showed it worked. The gadget was $19.99 plus shipping and handling.

I went to the grocery store today and looked at the crack an egg product, and considered trying it again, but they were $2.49 each. Since I didn't care for them the first time, decided it was not worth the money or egg..

• Love 2
(edited)

They can also get rid of that loser spinning the sign at the intersection. I don't care HOW proud his dad is or whether or not he sleeps with his sign.

Most of the Progressive ads I find funny, but this one I loathe. The guy spinning the sign has no appeal and looks grubby. 

I also don't like the Liberty ads  "Limu Emu... and d o u g". Liberty wants their ads to be clever but they miss it. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I've probably mentioned it before, but the Chewy commercial where the woman says "no one tells you what to expect with a new pet" drives me up the wall.  I've literally never gotten a pet without asking about things I'd need for it ahead of time.  Now, people probably do and then order the stuff from Chewy, but that's not how it phrased.

Neither have I. It doesn't even look like she got any food for the dog. So what is the dog going to have to wait until the delivery from Chewy to get fed? Why not show her getting all the things she needs and then go get the puppy? That would make more sense and she wouldn't come off like a complete idiot.

• Love 10

I got a dog a few weeks ago, and once it was confirmed that I would adopt her (about a week before I actually did), I started getting her supplies.  And as I was doing it, I was thinking about how stupid those Chewy commercials were.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Most of the Progressive ads I find funny, but this one I loathe. The guy spinning the sign has no appeal and looks grubby. 

I also don't like the Liberty ads  "Limu Emu... and d o u g". Liberty wants their ads to be clever but they miss it. 

JMO every Liberal Mutual ad is loathsome. 

Can't they afford a decent ad agency.

• Love 6
On 5/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, proserpina65 said:

Oh no, is that Chewy commercial with the stupid woman who didn't get pet supplies b4 she got her puppy back in circulation again?  

• Love 2
On 5/21/2020 at 3:50 AM, TexasTiffany said:

Oh God.

I now realize that the over the top annoying Mara is the voice Progressive has decided to use for this horrible ad. As if grubby guy wasn't bad enough 🤔

I have been exposed to the Plexaderm ad at least 60 billion times now.  Is there no one else willing to advertise on daytime?  First, no these are not popular videos on youtube.  Stop lying to me spokesperson! Second, the way she say "bags" in bags under your eyes makes me want to find her and remove her vocal cords for the sake of my sanity. Third, watching the person's eyes dart back and forth while their eye bags are shrinking is really off-putting.  Make it stop.  Please make it stop.  By now, anyone who wants to try this crap must have bought it. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I have been exposed to the Plexaderm ad at least 60 billion times now.  Is there no one else willing to advertise on daytime?  First, no these are not popular videos on youtube.  Stop lying to me spokesperson! Second, the way she say "bags" in bags under your eyes makes me want to find her an remove her vocal cords for the sake of my sanity. Third, watching the person's eyes dart back and forth while their eye bags are shrinking is really off-putting.  Make it stop.  Please make it stop.  By now, anyone who wants to try this crap must have bought it. 

The remark about she and her father screaming. Bleh. Nope.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I can't stand the new IPhone commercial. It plays a really annoying song and it shows the people continuing to drop their phone into stuff. But it's mainly the song that I hate.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I have been exposed to the Plexaderm ad at least 60 billion times now.  Is there no one else willing to advertise on daytime? 

As a matter of fact, there is. Luminess Silk spray makeup shit that can 'Turn Back Time' is shown incessantly.  Wanna swap?

• LOL 15
12 minutes ago, cynicat said:

As a matter of fact, there is. Luminess Silk spray makeup shit that can 'Turn Back Time' is shown incessantly.  Wanna swap?

At this point I would accept ads for flaming bags of dog crap.  Anything but the Plexaderm screecher and the oddest looking woman ever who is happy it minimized her forehead lines.  Seriously, she has tiny eyes and a big nose, but she thinks people are looking at her forehead? Even in a commercial focusing on it, it's the last thing I notice about her face.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, cynicat said:

I'll trade both of you for that unrelenting crap that are those Cindy Crawford and Jane Seymore abominations, I swear each commercial is several hours long.

• Love 9

I can't take any more of the "you're all in it together" commercials.  I can't handle them for 3 more years, so I'm hoping the ad companies get sick of them also.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, cynicat said:

I HATE that Turn back time commercial with the makeup. 

Its 15 ended a long time ago

6 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

At this point I would accept ads for flaming bags of dog crap.  Anything but the Plexaderm screecher 

Stealing that

• Love 5

I dont know if it has been mentioned already  but this time it is Nebraska Furniture Mart.

They have and continue to have an ad which starts out with a very loud and annoying guitar strum before going into how they are open.

I just emailed them about it and it will be interesting to see if they reply considering it has f bombs in it.

• LOL 2