Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

At the risk of sounding like an ignorant Clampett, does that exterior view seem like they are in L.A.? I was just wondering if they were somewhere still in California but outside the L.A. metro area.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

At the risk of sounding like an ignorant Clampett, does that exterior view seem like they are in L.A.? I was just wondering if they were somewhere still in California but outside the L.A. metro area.  

Well, California has lots of mountains in both the southern and the northern parts. I haven't seen enough of them to know whether that set of trees is a likely southern California thing or not, and I can't tell what sort of elevation they're at. But they can definitely be in California. And it's possible they aren't far from LA, although you'd need somebody more knowledgeable about California trees to opine on that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, California has lots of mountains in both the southern and the northern parts. I haven't seen enough of them to know whether that set of trees is a likely southern California thing or not, and I can't tell what sort of elevation they're at. But they can definitely be in California. And it's possible they aren't far from LA, although you'd need somebody more knowledgeable about California trees to opine on that. 

Thanks! Most of my knowledge about Southern Cal comes from the Rockford Files. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 (and there was an episode where Jim hung out in the mountains with his accountant!) 

I know my Ozark Arkansas treelines and my Appalachian North Carolina treelines, and that exhausts my knowledge of trees. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Zella said:

My first thought when I saw the balcony shot down with the tiny Christmas tree is that they got an AirBnB in Big Bear. It's a popular mountain/ski are for Angelos. I never actually went up there when I lived in LA because I'm not a skiier, so someone with more knowledge might be able to break it down. It looks similar to what we see on folks go from SF to Tahoe.

I wouldn't think it would be advisable for people under a stay-at-home order to leave their home where the region has 0% ICU capacity (and has for days) and travel to an area with likely an even smaller hospital/medical set up. But then again, my NorCal butt has been home on my couch for months now, and I missed Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family because of it.

The governor and regional health and government officials have asked those of us in the state to not travel regionally as well as out of state, but "influencers" gonna "influence." (I have a "friend" who I have to mute on Insta right now because she and her family are on a "family vacation" from Arizona to Colorado. I just can't.)

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I wouldn't think it would be advisable for people under a stay-at-home order to leave their home where the region has 0% ICU capacity (and has for days) and travel to an area with likely an even smaller hospital/medical set up.

Added to which, Jingle's (understandably) looked quite tired in pretty much all the pictures I've seen of her lately. And when I think of that, and her having to pack up and drag all the stuff you need to make a temporary nest somewhere with a newborn and an active toddler.....Yeesh. 

It's perfectly possible she's the one who really wanted to get away, of course. But it's certainly not something I'd want to do in her situation, even without a widespread infectious-disease emergency whose rules you're flouting.....

• Love 21
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

So RFP is just lounging by himself on the sofa, drinking a leisurely cup of coffee, while Jinger does what? Takes care of a toddler, a newborn, and snaps his picture? He's such an ass.

obviously what she does is take his picture

• Love 4

I wonder what Jinger was thinking as she snapped that picture. Is she so completely brainwashed that it doesn’t make her angry as hell?

Is this really a passive aggressive way of telling her fans that Jeremy is an asshole who expects to be waited on hand and foot as she “self-caters” their vacation, takes care of their two babies, and tries to recover from giving birth, all in some random AirBnB instead of in her own home?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

I wonder what Jinger was thinking as she snapped that picture. Is she so completely brainwashed that it doesn’t make her angry as hell?

Is this really a passive aggressive way of telling her fans that Jeremy is an asshole who expects to be waited on hand and foot as she “self-caters” their vacation, takes care of their two babies, and tries to recover from giving birth, all in some random AirBnB instead of in her own home?

I think Jeremy totally staged that picture and ordered Jinger to take it. 

“Yo, Jinger. Put that baby down for a minute and snap a picture of me looking out the window with my coffee and thinking my impressively deep thoughts. All your followers will be so jealous of you for having such a deep, intellectual husband.”

Edited by EVS
Removed part Jeremy would never say
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 12/25/2020 at 7:23 AM, Churchhoney said:

The Holy Goalie Variety Hour. Definitely. 😁😁🤣😂🤣😂🙃😀

There'll be very little variety. But still....

Also Eating With Jer. 

Please I want to watch this.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe one of Jing little sisters is there “helping”. 

All the Lost Girls (as well as Jana) were present and accounted for in Jessa's Christmas video, so presumably not. Maybe some of the Vuolos are there? Or Jed!? (I'm kidding about the last one, but Jed! and Justin were the only Duggar unmarrieds who weren't in the Christmas video at the TTH.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

All the Lost Girls (as well as Jana) were present and accounted for in Jessa's Christmas video, so presumably not. Maybe some of the Vuolos are there? Or Jed!? (I'm kidding about the last one, but Jed! and Justin were the only Duggar unmarrieds who weren't in the Christmas video at the TTH.)

This is a thought.  Maybe the Vuolos stayed for Christmas and they rented a place for a special holiday.  I hope so.  At least Jinger would have help with the children.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

My first thought when I saw the balcony shot down with the tiny Christmas tree is that they got an AirBnB in Big Bear. It's a popular mountain/ski are for Angelos.

mine too -- looks like big bear or lake arrowhead.  however, they have some snow, i thought so maybe not.  

• Love 4

The most precision-focused instagrammers I know don't bother having other people take their social media photos.  They have remote control tripods.  That way with the press of a few buttons, they can incrementally adjust the distance, tilt and filters of their camera phones so as to get the perfect shot of themselves or others from wherever they are.  No need to risk human error for a mere $40 plus shipping.  I can see Jeremy having one. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

It looks to me like Jinger was sitting across from Jeremy and took the pic. Most folks have their phones with them almost all the time. Other than the view, there's nothing exceptional about the picture. 

I do wonder about the pillow on the coffee table though. Was it placed there to hide Jeremy's ass sinking into the chair? Or did they not notice it?

• LOL 6

If Jinger took the photo, then it's obviously her feet propped up on the ottoman.  Looks pretty comfy & relaxed. 

Funny, I just don't see all the new mommy angsty, toddler and infant wrangling, while waiting on Jeremy hand & foot distress that some seem to feel CERTAIN is really going on at every minute of their days.  Individual perception is so variable. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They have friends?  Like real friends or friends they are mooching off?

"Friends" they are mooching off. I'm pretty sure they are with the Coelers, the family that owns the house they live in. The son, Matt, just posted a picture from Lake Arrowhead. 

Screenshot_20201228-120502_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16bb2e1219d13ecb1a979fcca05a4ca2.jpg

Jeremy and the Coelers maskless at church a few weeks ago. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Funny, I just don't see all the new mommy angsty, toddler and infant wrangling, while waiting on Jeremy hand & foot distress that some seem to feel CERTAIN is really going on at every minute of their days. 

I think they have a lot more help with the kids and the housework than they're letting on. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the perks of being MacArthur's protégée is a stream of volunteers from the church assigned to cook, clean and babysit (which RFP would want to keep on the downlow).

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Useful 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

"Friends" they are mooching off. I'm pretty sure they are with the Coelers, the family that owns the house they live in. The son, Matt, just posted a picture from Lake Arrowhead. 

Screenshot_20201228-120502_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16bb2e1219d13ecb1a979fcca05a4ca2.jpg

Jeremy and the Coelers maskless at church a few weeks ago. 

Doesn't look like even those guys are actually listening to him, does it? 😁

Looks to me like maybe they've just been assigned to be nice to him. So as good and faithful church members they're doing it to the best of their ability. But after a year-and-half-plus it no longer interests them very much. 😈

Of course, that interpretation may be a little colored by my own perspective. 🥶

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

Lake Arrowhead sounds right to me, or maybe somewhere like Big Bear.  My expertise comes from camping at Big Bear when I was 5, and the many, many hours of House Hunters I have watched.  Also my cousin rented a place with a very similar view around Big Bear last year.  I hope the house is full of baby lovers to help Jinger out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/24/2020 at 11:20 PM, Zella said:

But all at one time? I am a champion emotional eater, but I'm not sure I could pack away what looks like a dozen cookies at once. 

I could. No problem. (I’d pay for it later, but probably could do it again the next day.) 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Moderator Announcement- The Politics Policy remains unchanged, and a participant's social media is not an excuse to violate the policy. Discussion of political figures, including (but not limited to) a participant's opinion of a political figure is NOT allowed unless and until is is explicitly mentioned on the show. Given the show is not airing, there is no cause to discuss any political figures at this time. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

All this baffles me. But I have to admit that whatever skills/tricks/ploys he's used to accomplish these things, he sure as hell must be good at them. 

I don’t think Jeremy’s “skills” have anything to do with it. If he weren’t married to a Duggar I doubt MacArthur would look at him twice. Jeremy can bring in the Duggar fan base, particularly the young ones. I hope that deep down Jeremy knows this, and it bugs him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Probably because his classmates are living modest lifestyles, trying to stretch their student loans. In other words, they can't do anything for Jeremy, so why would he waste his time? Narcissists really don't have friends, they only have accomplices and marks.

Bingo! 

• Love 8