Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I'm doing pretty well without any of the Duggars and just relying on you all to take one for the team and watch or stalk Instagram.  Good jobs, btw. And I truly hate Instagram, it's annoying as hell. Now if they did Twitter, I'd be all over that but nope I don't think they do. Wonder why?

They’re both on Twitter.

5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jinger's birthday was even worse. He took an exhausted postpartum mother on a day trip to the beach. Damn, let the woman get some well-deserved rest! And lay off the damn fast food while said woman eschews carbs.

True. I would have not given the cookie picture a second thought in a different context or even if it had pretended to include anyone else in the house. 

• Love 6

I was just over on FJ, and someone posted that the Daily Kos  reported last week about a sizeable covid outbreak at the Masters Seminary. I imagine finals were last week, so if Jeremy was actually attending classes, it appears he got out just in time. But who knows what his schedule was after Evy Jo was born?

• Useful 11
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Is . . . he going to eat all of those cookies by himself? Or is he a big enough jackass that he's going to eat only some of them and then make other people eat after him? 

He might have to, because I doubt Jinger will let herself eat any.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

He might have to, because I doubt Jinger will let herself eat any.

But all at one time? I am a champion emotional eater, but I'm not sure I could pack away what looks like a dozen cookies at once. (Mini doughnuts are another matter. . . .) No wonder his suits are looking so tight. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Jessa is also on Twitter. She posts #Sayings of Spurgeon there too.

If their beach jaunt was brief, I'm going to guess it was a welcome outing for Jinger. Cabin fever sets in right quick when you're stuck home with two babies.

Jinger looks pretty good one month postpartum. The wide hip shot was unfortunate, but not as bad as the bleached blonde ponytail sprouting out of her brunette head.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If any of that article is true, they’re even more arrogant that I thought. Like it’s TLC that’s holding them back. 🤣 😂🤣😂🤣😂 And the implication is that they deserve a larger share...they are the “breakout stars” of the family, after all. Seriously, these two are CLUELESS.

If they’re dumb enough to walk away from that money, they deserve whatever happens to them. 

ETA: The RFP has to be the “source” for this hogwash..

”They've had discussions with family members and the network about leaving, and they are unsurprisingly desperate to keep them signed on for years to come.”

Shameless. And exactly what other television shows supposedly want them so badly? Toddlers and Tiaras? The Holy Goalie Variety Hour? Cooking With Jinger? Puh-leeze...

The Holy Goalie Variety Hour. Definitely. 😁😁🤣😂🤣😂🙃😀

There'll be very little variety. But still....

Also Eating With Jer. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jinger's never posts, though. Jeremy's stuff is pseudo-intellectual dreck about 95% of the time.

Speaking of things intellectual, Twitter seems to be where Jer hooked up with Cade. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I was just over on FJ, and someone posted that the Daily Kos  reported last week about a sizeable covid outbreak at the Masters Seminary. I imagine finals were last week, so if Jeremy was actually attending classes, it appears he got out just in time. But who knows what his schedule was after Evy Jo was born?

Hard to know if it's entirely true or not, but according to one report, MacArthur may be insisting that his church, seminary and university staff flout the health reporting laws, on pain of his pissy (and dangerous to your job) displeasure.

When it comes to Jer, it looks like his whole lifestyle is currently dependent on being a MacArthur Suckup Extraordinaire, so he's going to go along with whatever JM is saying, regardless. While at the same time throwing in some 'relatable' mask wearing and pandemic talk to hold onto his mainstream "fans." ...

It's tough being an influencer and a toadie in two opposite directions at the same time! He needs the energy those cookies can provide! 

The report -- 

"But a GCC leader who wanted to remain anonymous for fear of losing his job says staff and members are being pressured not to report new COVID cases to the health department for fear of being shut down.

"Under a county health order, places of worship must report to public health when at least three coronavirus cases are identified among church staff or congregation within a span of 14 days.

"The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health told The Roys Report, “No additional outbreaks have been reported by Grace Community Church” since an outbreak at the church in October. (That outbreak was investigated and closed in November after no further cases were found among employees for 14 days.)

"But the GCC  leader, whose identity I’ve confirmed, said he knows of staff at GCC who recently contracted COVID, as well as two GCC members who are professors at The Master’s University where MacArthur is chancellor emeritus. He added that multiple members of the Filipino ministry have tested positive for COVID, including a leader of the Filipino ministry, who’s been hospitalized."

https://julieroys.com/covid-outbreak-macarthur-intimidated-not-report/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The Holy Goalie Variety Hour. Definitely. 😁😁🤣😂🤣😂🙃😀

There'll be very little variety. But still....

Also Eating With Jer. 

There's a 3 Stooges short where Curly's pickup line to a woman is "let's go places and eat things." I think of that a lot when I see pictures of Nurie and Nathan's post-wedding life and now I'm going to think of it as Jeremy's life motto. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, LilJen said:

IOther funny bits included saying they were having "deep conversations" about the issue (I have a hard time imagining them having a deep conversation about anything) 

"Deep conversations" is a big Jer phrase. He seems to think he has them constantly. 

Here's a Jer quote from a 2016 episode that introduces "deep conversation" as an RFP theme: "A lot of getting to know one another is deep conversation. But there's also a time to laugh. There's a time to go out and have fun." -Jeremy Vuolo               https://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2016/09/duggars-vuolos-tour-laredo.html

He truly fancies himself an intellectual, a top athlete, an urban sophisticate, a super-hip contemporary guy, a real hottie, a media-savvy performer and standout entertainer, an ethicist and theological scholar and a fashion plate. 

When the accurate assessment would be -- None of the above. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 14
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, crazy8s said:

they are "selling everything from hats to candles"  -  aren't they selling only hats and candles?

Specifically, 5 hats and a candle. That barely qualifies as a “business venture”.

17 hours ago, Chicklet said:

It doesn't look like they post as much as they do on Instagram. Jeez the Jeremy leg humper I just saw was ridiculous "Jinger is so lucky, her husband is so hot" ugh.

Maybe Jessa posting from a secret account?

Edited by EVS
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, EVS said:

5 hats and a candle. 

That's what they should have named their business. 

5 Hats and a Candle 

I'd check out a store with that name.  (I'd be disappointed to find out that it was, in fact, just a place with 5 hats and a candle. Still, seeing just the name, I would  check it out.)

Hope & Stead, not so much. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 17
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"Deep conversations" is a big Jer phrase. He seems to think he has them constantly. 

Here's a Jer quote from a 2016 episode that introduces "deep conversation" as an RFP theme: "A lot of getting to know one another is deep conversation. But there's also a time to laugh. There's a time to go out and have fun." -Jeremy Vuolo               https://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2016/09/duggars-vuolos-tour-laredo.html

He truly fancies himself an intellectual, a top athlete, an urban sophisticate, a super-hip contemporary guy, a real hottie, a media-savvy performer and standout entertainer, an ethicist and theological scholar and a fashion plate. 

When the accurate assessment would be -- None of the above. 

Thanks for the laugh churchie. None of the above indeed. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, it has finally dawned on me who RFP reminds me of...Otto, in a “A Fish Called Wanda.”

”Apes don’t read philosophy...”

”Yes, they do, Otto, they just don’t understand it.”

The clip, for your enjoyment...

Don’t call him stupid

I need to rewatch this movie! I haven't seen it since it was first out in video, and I love Kevin Kline. The comparison to RFP here is apt, and just shows what a chameleon he is! LOL

I wonder what Jer would do if Jinger ever went off on him like that? I can't imagine she has it in her.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Where are they? Did they move? And plastic grocery bags for stockings, hung on cabinet knobs, not the mantel?

Or are they at an Airbnb?

Did I miss something? I'm confused.

I am quite confused as well.  If that's their home, we've never seen it from that angle before.  I'm guessing they are away for the holiday.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

That's the reference I had in mind!  RFP could only in his dreams, rival George Clooney.

From the time I first saw photos of him, I've thought that Jer has a weak chin.  It's not apparent in all photos, but I've seen photos of him from some angles in which he looks almost rabbity. I think the facial hair helps disguise the chin problem. If Jinger thinks he's her dream man, well, that's fine. But I agree, he's not particularly good-looking IMO. He photographs well from some angles and he certainly is careful with his appearance and clothing. But just, overall - meh.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Jeeves said:

From the time I first saw photos of him, I've thought that Jer has a weak chin.  It's not apparent in all photos, but I've seen photos of him from some angles in which he looks almost rabbity. I think the facial hair helps disguise the chin problem. If Jinger thinks he's her dream man, well, that's fine. But I agree, he's not particularly good-looking IMO. He photographs well from some angles and he certainly is careful with his appearance and clothing. But just, overall - meh.

The long greasy hair sure doesn’t help. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9