Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Did Jer bury a body for MacArthur or something?

Am I the only person who's never known a graduate/professional-school student who got a free or steeply discounted house to live in and a free or discounted winter-resort vacation home over the Christmas/New Year break? 

And why have I never heard him refer to any of his fellow grad students as friends or seen him in their company? Why is he always with his various "friends" who are cronies-or-relatives-of-cronies of the school president (and who are either way older than Jer or way younger)? 

Am I supposed to believe that this is normal for Masters Seminary students? 

All this baffles me. But I have to admit that whatever skills/tricks/ploys he's used to accomplish these things, he sure as hell must be good at them. 

Don't forget he also went golfing with the the Dean.

What are these people getting out all the Jeremy ass kissing?

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Don't forget he also went golfing with the the Dean.

What are these people getting out all the Jeremy ass kissing?

Similar to what @MargeGunderson posted, Jeremy likely stands out among his classmates. I'm guessing they cater to those who come from/with money and the atypical ones who come with 'fame'.

At this point though, we don't know if he's still getting freebies. He may have had to start paying his own way now. If whoever he is vacationing with is part of the 'elite MacArthur' crowd, he is likely no prize either, so maybe they really are friends, misfit friends.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

At this point though, we don't know if he's still getting freebies. He may have had to start paying his own way now. If whoever he is vacationing with is part of the 'elite MacArthur' crowd, he is likely no prize either, so maybe they really are friends, misfit friends.

Yeah, I agree tnat they may well be paying some at this point. But the house is in LA County and it appears to be fairly big and pretty well kept up. And the vacation place seems to be Arrowhead.

So I don't see how they can possibly be paying full price for either!  If they're only getting $3000 an episode for the show -- which is probably pre-tax -- that doesn't add up to much in that expensive area, cause they don't do a huge number of episodes per year any more. 

It seems to me we're still talking significant discounting, at least. Which seems like pretty unaccountable generosity to me..... I'd really love to know why he'd be getting discounts when I'm sure few of the nearly 600 seminary students are getting those! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I agree tnat they may well be paying some at this point. But the house is in LA County and it appears to be fairly big and pretty well kept up. And the vacation place seems to be Arrowhead.

So I don't see how they can possibly be paying full price for either!  If they're only getting $3000 an episode for the show -- which is probably pre-tax -- that doesn't add up to much in that expensive area, cause they don't do a huge number of episodes per year any more. 

It seems to me we're still talking significant discounting, at least. Which seems like pretty unaccountable generosity to me..... I'd really love to know why he'd be getting discounts when I'm sure few of the nearly 600 seminary students are getting those! 

This seems to be the big unanswered question surrounding all the Duggar kidults. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

If they were financially secure I doubt they would have started Hope and Steed or whatever it is, however you'd think they make a better attempt to make money than offering a few hats and a candle.  I wonder if they have maxed out credit cards or loans from the bank of Mr Vuolo Sr.? Even possibly, loans from Jim Boob Duggar??

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 12/27/2020 at 6:37 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Since it’s my dark, cynical belief that RFP was the source on that tabloid story yapping about how incredibly in demand they are but are so criminally underpaid by TLC at $3k per episode...how much TLC money is that, a year? $30,000? $60,000? How do they possibly maintain this lifestyle in LA on that kind of money?  Even if he’s grifted free tuition, a stipend and free rent (how long will that last FFS???), that’s hardly covering health insurance, transportation, and groceries for a family of four, let alone eating out all the time. Not to mention taxes, although I’m sure paying taxes is just for heathens.

Someone is lying.

7 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I don’t think Jeremy’s “skills” have anything to do with it. If he weren’t married to a Duggar I doubt MacArthur would look at him twice. Jeremy can bring in the Duggar fan base, particularly the young ones. I hope that deep down Jeremy knows this, and it bugs him. 

6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jeremy is a parasite always looking for a host.

He is a good little grifter! As good as Jill Rod. And it all started with snagging a Duggar daughter. 

There could be money from his hockey playing days and I'm guessing Jinger has a stash of cash from 19 kids shows!  If invested well that could provide income.

Being married to Jinger Dugger opens many doors.  Like him or not he's put people and places in the media circus.

Just being seen with the husband of a Dugger brings influence!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jeremy was a low-rent soccer player. No money there. If Jinger had any money, it went towards the down payment of their Laredo house (just under $100k). That's likely the money they're spending now.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Zella said:

My guess would be Jeremy may not be very popular with his classmates since he constantly seems to be flaunting his status as preacher's pet. 

His classmates must hate him and make fun of him behind his back. No one likes a suck up.

• Love 13

Here's a thought: what if, once Jill and Derrick sued JB for Jill's money, Jer and Jinger (most likely just Jer, though), got JB on the side and said, "You know..." and JB saw the writing on the wall and gave them a lump sum, too? JB wouldn't have to disown Jinger because she and RFP have never publicly dissed him, but I'm thinking J&J struck while the iron was hot, and since they're the "breakout stars," JB sat quietly. Jill's of no use to him any longer (in his mind, at least), but as long as Jinger keeps getting media attention, that works for the show. He probably threw a bitch of a tantrum about it in private, but I would be willing to bet some leverage was used and that's what J&J are living on now.

• Useful 14
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Here's a thought: what if, once Jill and Derrick sued JB for Jill's money, Jer and Jinger (most likely just Jer, though), got JB on the side and said, "You know..." and JB saw the writing on the wall and gave them a lump sum, too? JB wouldn't have to disown Jinger because she and RFP have never publicly dissed him, but I'm thinking J&J struck while the iron was hot, and since they're the "breakout stars," JB sat quietly. Jill's of no use to him any longer (in his mind, at least), but as long as Jinger keeps getting media attention, that works for the show. He probably threw a bitch of a tantrum about it in private, but I would be willing to bet some leverage was used and that's what J&J are living on now.

Interesting. I could see that happening because, right from the start, Jeremy has not seemed to be the least bit impressed by Jim Bob or intimidated by him. Jim Bob has always struck me as a very insecure, frightened man underneath all the Gothard-inspired bravado and I wouldn't be surprised if he crumbles when faced with someone who's not afraid of him. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
22 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Interesting. I could see that happening because, right from the start, Jeremy has not seemed to be the least bit impressed by Jim Bob or intimidated by him. Jim Bob has always struck me as a very insecure, frightened man underneath all the Gothard-inspired bravado and I wouldn't be surprised if he crumbles when faced with someone who's not afraid of him. 

That's how it strikes me, too. 

Would note, though, that I'm pretty sure that having a lot of insecurity and fear is why most people are attracted to the Gothard stuff (and to the Duggar brand of Christianity).

Their cult and Christianity flavor both promise to put you atop the heap and give you tools to stay there for eternity, ultimately safe from and superior to the world you're scared to death of. 

People who are basically satisfied with who they are and aren't scared to death of everybody different and anything new don't crave "wisdom books" that a) give you rules for living that keep the scary people and stuff as far away from you as possible and b) assure you daily that you're actually far above all the scary people in God's eyes and that he'll surely elevate you to glory in the end while burning them alive for eternity. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

I don’t give RFP that much credit for Alpha maledom. He’s too much of a MacArthur suckup...and guys like MacArthur can smell a potential threat to the throne from ten miles away. Besides, RFP chews his nails. Not exactly a sign of super-confident studliness.

I can see Jeremy hitting up Jim Bob with a similar sales pitch though...the need to keep the show alive by upping its hipster value (lol). Also JB is probably intrigued by potential connections to the money and power in hyper-religious circles in California...I can see him “lending” them money.

It’s also quite possible that article was full of PR crap and they get paid much more than that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I don’t give RFP that much credit for Alpha maledom. He’s too much of a MacArthur suckup...and guys like MacArthur can smell a potential threat to the throne from ten miles away. Besides, RFP chews his nails. Not exactly a sign of super-confident studliness.

I can see Jeremy hitting up Jim Bob with a similar sales pitch though...the need to keep the show alive by upping its hipster value (lol). Also JB is probably intrigued by potential connections to the money and power in hyper-religious circles in California...I can see him “lending” them money.

It’s also quite possible that article was full of PR crap and they get paid much more than that. 

I've always been surprised when the Alpha male label is laid on Jeremy. It's not a persona I associate with sucking up and licking other people's asses, both of which are Jeremy's primary activities. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 14

I find it hard to believe that J&J makes enough money from TLC to support their lifestyle. They are not the only ones on the show. Whatever TLC pays is divided in some way and they can't be getting the biggest share. 

I don't know if or what Jill & Derrick got from JB but it was not enough to silence Derrick. JB may make a lot of money, but he's providing for a lot of people. 

I just wish someone would write an exposé on their finances. 

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I just wanted to clarify that Jill and Derick stated in their Q and A that they “had to get a lawyer involved.” Lawsuits are public records and the excellent sleuths here would have found any such lawsuit. 

Also, I doubt Jill and Derick were openly discussing their attempt to have Jill reimbursed for her years on the shows. The last thing they would want is the rest of the family criticizing them during negotiations. YMMV

• Love 7

My guess is that the main secret to Duggar finances across the board is creative tax "paying," spearheaded by JB. 😁

There was a reason why he hustled to be a member of the very small in-car welcome committee when Kent Hovind got released from prison into home detention. Seems highly likely to me that JB leaped at his first chance in years to pick KH's brain without having the conversation electronically surveilled. And I doubt he was asking questions about young-earth creationism. 

(I wonder if another reason for JB's unremitting fury over Der doesn't partly relate to Der's having gotten training as both an accountant and a lawyer. Having accountants and lawyers who are firmly on your side is a great thing for aspiring creative tax payers.

But having accountants and lawyers who dislike you--and are personally interwoven with your family, so possibly able to get their hands on insider information--is another thing altogether! Der being Der, he may well have made this point to JB in the course of some snit of his own. Fun times in the godly family. ) 

Some stuff re: Hovind -- 

Why Is Kent Hovind In Federal Prison ? (2013)

You will see reports that Kent Hovind is in prison for tax evasion. This is understandable.  According to this recent Tax Court decision concerning Mrs. Hovind, neither he nor she were filing 1040s.  That is not what he is in prison for. In 2006, a jury found Kent Hovind guilty on all counts of a fifty-eight count indictment.  Twelve counts concerned failure to file quarterly payroll tax returns for Creation Science Evangelism (Mr. Hovind's ministry which operated the Dinosaur Adventure Land theme park).  Forty-five counts were for "structuring".  He or his wife made cash withdrawals from the bank in the amounts of $9,500 or $9,600 on forty-five separate occasions between the summer of 2001 and the summer of 2002.  The 58th count said he had corruptly endeavored "to obstruct and impede the due administration of the internal revenue laws" . That particular offense reminds me of a crime that the city cops I hung around with in the seventies used to talk about.  They called it "B and A", which stood for "being an _______".  In Hovind's case it included filing complaints, making threats and paying his employees in cash and calling them missionaries.

The Creation Hall of Fame has replaced its statement that Mr. Hovind was testing the constitutionality of the tax laws and was unable to find a righteous judge with a lengthy statement by Hovind that explains that he was not doing that.  Here are some excerpts:

I have NEVER been a tax protester. America was founded by those type guys and we NEED them today, but I am NOT one.

The government, however, broke over 20 laws to put me in prison. This has been the history of man. See the story of Joseph, Job, Jesus, 6 million Jews in Hitler’s camps etc.

I DO NOT say the tax laws are unconstitutional nor did I break one to “prove a point” or “test the law.”

Hovind appealed his conviction and sentence to the Eleventh Circuit, which upheld both, but he has not given up.

He has a letter from an anonymous sympathetic banker on his site that gives this analysis of the structuring charge:

By this twisted logic, if you deposit or withdrew $500 from your own bank account every week for 21 weeks, you could be arrested and charged with 21 counts of structuring because the amount went over $10,000.‘ You could be fined $5,250,000 and sentenced to 105 years in prison (even though you never had the $10,000 in your account at any one time and the money was not earned or spent illegally)!

The Fight Continues ?

Retired IRS Appeals Officer Robert Baty had a brief e-mail exchange with Mr. Hovind in which he indicated that he is still fighting:

The 45 counts I was charged with are flawed for a number of reasons spelled out in document 335, 349 and 351 in my case. 

If the charge in the indictment is wrong the court lacks jurisdiction to hear the case. 

It is NEVER too late to challenge jurisdiction.  This is NOT over yet. 🙂

Apparently having been tried and convicted and his appeal turned down, he still thinks that he can get the indictment overturned.  He just does not see how it can be a crime to take money out of the bank to pay the expenses of his ministry.

Is What The Government Doing A Good Idea ?

Despite his claim to the Creations Science Hall of Fame that he is not a tax protester, Mr. Hovind at different points in time has made the type of statements associated with protesters and based on the outcome of civil litigation had not been filing returns.  He was pretty well trounced in Tax Court and it is possible that going after him criminally was superfluous, but I have never been able to discern why it is that some cases rather than others go criminal.  Assuming that it made sense to go after him  criminally, I imagine the reason for the structuring charges is that they are much easier to prove and having so many of them makes quite an impression on the jury, but I'm not sure it is sending the right message.  The structuring conviction can be painted, as it is in this article, to make Kent Hovind look like a victim.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/01/30/not-income-tax-evasion-structuring-thats-how-they-got-kent-hovind/?sh=53dd2e5054d0

More (from 2015)

Tax protesters tend to take add a lot of complications to the simple elements of basic compliance and argue that the sixteenth amendment didn't really pass or wages are not income or a host of other things.  They will maintain that most of us are deceived into paying an income tax that is not really applicable to us.

Now, in order, to believe those things in the face of an overwhelming number of court decisions that say they are wrong, you have to believe in a conspiracy that includes pretty much the entire federal judiciary. As noted above, conspiracies of that magnitude are perfectly plausible to Kent Hovind and his supporters....

[Times relate to a Hovind video posted in this article]   A bit after the two minute mark Kent says that everybody should follow the law including the government and that he has not filed in 28 years and if there is a law that requires filing, he would like to see it.  The discussion that follows has nothing to do with his status as a minister and his vow of poverty.  A bit past the six minute mark he launches into the explanation as to why trading services for money is not "income".  At 7:30, he gives a qualified plug to Irwin Schiff, who may well have originated many of the arguments used by, for lack of a better term, tax protesters.  Irwin Schiff is also in federal prison.

The Hovindicators

Kent Hovind's supporters are waging an intense social media campaign on his behalf.  As noted the flagship website is #FreeKent and Rudy Davis has devoted his youtube channel LoneStart1776 to Kent's defense.  There are regular calls, more than daily lately, from Kent and his co-defendant Paul John Hansen and weekly conference call meetings of his supporters along with other material.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2015/05/05/the-trials-of-kent-hovind-an-american-tragedy/?sh=4864bac55e9b

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
22 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

There was a reason why he hustled to be a member of the very small in-car welcome committee when Kent Hovind got released from prison into home detention. Seems highly likely to me that JB leaped at his first chance in years to pick KH's brain without having the conversation electronically surveilled. And I doubt he was asking questions about young-earth creationism. 

You're probably right, but I am totally envisioning that conversation going like this:

Kent: "Jim Bob, I'm so glad that you want to talk about the age of the earth!"

Jim Bob: "No, I'm just here to pick your brain on how to pay less taxes."

Kent: "What I went to prison for? [long pause] Okay. Can we talk about the age of the earth after?"

Jim Bob: "Whatever." 

• LOL 12
18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy looks like he's posing for a Lands' End catalog.

Surely that's too pedestrian and low rent for his supermodel status?

Surely L.L. Bean and Patagonia are probably as low as he'd deign to rep.

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, SMama said:

I just wanted to clarify that Jill and Derick stated in their Q and A that they “had to get a lawyer involved.” Lawsuits are public records and the excellent sleuths here would have found any such lawsuit. 

Also, I doubt Jill and Derick were openly discussing their attempt to have Jill reimbursed for her years on the shows. The last thing they would want is the rest of the family criticizing them during negotiations. YMMV

Often when lawyers become involved the first step isn't filing an action with the court.   It's not uncommon for lawyers to send cease and desist letters or reach out to a party or the party's known legal counsel and lay out points of contention in the hopes of coming to a consent agreement before putting something before a fact finder in a courtroom.  

I don't doubt JB's bottom line is to prevent any business he's involved in from becoming public record in a court of law.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Apparently they all randomly got together in June in Charleston, SC. Funny how  they all forgot to post pictures of their family vacation. The quarantine episode literally aired a month after this picture was taken.

Screenshot_20201230-152453_Instagram.jpg

🙄

It must be said, those are pretty great “friends” to invite a toddler and a newborn along on vacation, especially since this seems to be more than just the weekend. Because I’m sorry, but I don’t go on vacation to be awakened by a screaming baby every three hours. 

(Of course, it could have been less than six hours and RFP spent the entire time in frenzied “candid” photography mode and he’s just posting the photos to look like they were there for a week.)

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Jana looks beautiful in this picture. Jessa...poor thing. Her status as the hot one erodes a little more each year. Jessa only has Ivy here, so where did she stash her other kids? I guess Johannah, Jenni and Jordyn were on sistermom duty. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Tasya said:

Jessa only has Ivy here, so where did she stash her other kids? I guess Johannah, Jenni and Jordyn were on sistermom duty. 

Or they're with the Seewalds... aka the grandparents who actually seem to enjoy their grandchildren (which is all the Duggar in-laws basically, just not the Duggars).

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I think the interesting couples are getting big paychecks!

Look at how the teen moms are living it up with whispers of $300,000-$400,000 per year!

I suspect they are doing fine plus that huge paycheck for the newest birth!  Go Jinger.

13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think the interesting couples are getting big paychecks!

Look at how the teen moms are living it up with whispers of $300,000-$400,000 per year!

I suspect they are doing fine plus that huge paycheck for the newest birth!  Go Jinger.

WHAT interesting couples? 😆

• LOL 22

Who is next to Mr V? Jill or Laura? Never mind, I just saw the tag.

So families from CA, AR and NJ all went to SC during a pandemic. Mixing 6 households and two of them are pregnant. And we'll never know if one or some of them were walking around being asymptomatic spreaders.

I'm really starting to wonder if all the Duggars did catch covid and kept it on the down low.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Who is next to Mr V? Jill or Laura? Never mind, I just saw the tag.

So families from CA, AR and NJ all went to SC during a pandemic. Mixing 6 households and two of them are pregnant. And we'll never know if one or some of them were walking around being asymptomatic spreaders.

I'm really starting to wonder if all the Duggars did catch covid and kept it on the down low.

South Carolina saw their first major wave in July. Some of these idiots probably helped cause that. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

pgvwtaa97g861.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

According to the interwebs, those two live in NYC. He's a photographer (...they love those, especially Jeremy....Could he have met Jer when JV was playing in NY?....), and she founded and runs a fashion eyeglass emporium  (called "dany & alexander"....probably the one for whom Jer briefly shilled--with the blue light glasses?......and of course the reason why both good friends are wearing glasses in the photo....) 

"Good friends" seems to mean "casual acquaintances with whom we share some sort of transactional relationship." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

According to the interwebs, those two live in NYC. He's a photographer (...they love those, especially Jeremy....Could he have met Jer when JV was playing in NY?....), and she founded and runs a fashion eyeglass emporium  (called "dany & alexander"....probably the one for whom Jer briefly shilled--with the blue light glasses?......and of course the reason why both good friends are wearing glasses in the photo....) 

"Good friends" seems to mean "casual acquaintances with whom we share some sort of transactional relationship." 

I think this couple have been friends with Jeremy for some time before he ever met Jinger. They have been on the show a few times, as well. I believe he photographed the engagement and was in the wedding party.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think this couple have been friends with Jeremy for some time before he ever met Jinger. They have been on the show a few times, as well. I believe he photographed the engagement and was in the wedding party.

Makes sense that he photographed the engagement then -- since it happened in New York. He can function as Jer's NYC paparazzi on call. 

Here we have no social distancing between a couple from NYC and a couple from LA. Hotspots united. At least they're outside, I suppose. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That’s from last January? Why post it now?

Well, they went back to June right before that. Maybe they've got backwards momentum. .

I never can figure out why you'd post old pictures without giving a reason. But I'm not a social-media maven or an influencer. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Makes sense that he photographed the engagement then -- since it happened in New York. He can function as Jer's NYC paparazzi on call. 

Here we have no social distancing between a couple from NYC and a couple from LA. Hotspots united. At least they're outside, I suppose. 

Its tagged January 2020. Pre-pandemic. Pandemic awareness anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Its tagged January 2020. Pre-pandemic. Pandemic awareness anyway.

Yep. Missed that! (I also always date several checks in the new year with the old year date on them. 😁. So it'll be 2020 to me for a while yet....)

Also, I'm used to people posting current photos -- unless they give some reason why they're posting an old one! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Well, they went back to June right before that. Maybe they've got backwards momentum. .

I never can figure out why you'd post old pictures without giving a reason. But I'm not a social-media maven or an influencer. 

They did a 'year in review'. She posted a pic for each month.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

They did a 'year in review'. She posted a pic for each month.

Oh, so I need to be following them to understand this. Got it. 

Not gonna follow them, though.  I don't even read the Year in Review in the newspaper or in magazines. Definitely won't do it a person at a time. 😄

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7