Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh for fuck’s sake, she should shut up.  It’s clear that the pandemic has had no meaningful impact on their lives. We’ve seen them doing the exact same things during the pandemic as they did before it. They haven’t lost a friend or family member to COVID, a job (not that either had one to lose), or their home. They aren’t standing in line for a food pantry or hoping their stimulus check has been deposited so they can get their lights turned back on. It’s ridiculous and fake for her to talk about how difficult the year has been but it’s all God’s plan when the worse she faced was not being able to eat indoors at a restaurant whenever she wanted. She hasn’t learned anything from the past year.

Truer words have not been spoken.

• Love 20
18 hours ago, Zella said:

Damn those comments are a goldmine:

And my personal favorite:

I take these comments as evidence that there are a lot more hate/dislike followers than is usually apparent. More proof that they delete negative comments since their feeds are usually full of tongue bathing. 

I posted a rant on that infuriating post of hers. @MargeGunderson amen to everything you said. I hope someone comments to that effect. So offensive that they would say such a thing when they are directly contributing to the continued deaths, depression, illness, and job losses. And happily post photos of them doing so. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

That's why I'm an atheist. 

Among other things.

That being said, where is Jinger exactly preaching in this post? Unless she changed something in the interim, all I see is reference to how many people have suffered way beyond what might be considered normal, but nothing about it being, somehow, God's plan or how faith can comfort you through it or anything...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Among other things.

That being said, where is Jinger exactly preaching in this post? Unless she changed something in the interim, all I see is reference to how many people have suffered way beyond what might be considered normal, but nothing about it being, somehow, God's plan or how faith can comfort you through it or anything...

Here’s the whole post:

3AA54751-6B2D-42D5-80F7-ED93DA25285D.jpeg

• Love 4
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I mean...why? 

It would make more sense if:

1) Jinger posted a nostalgic photo of herself

2) Jeremy posted this photo

or

3) Jinger posted this photo for Jeremy's birthday.

But she did not know Jeremy during this time, so what is there to "reminisce?"

All reminiscing in the household is now done by Jeremy. 😁

Seriously, I think Jingle's spent most of her life frequently disappearing into somebody else's shadow.  So when somebody else is the dominant person in her vicinity, it's their thoughts and feelings that take center stage and it's natural to her to not even think of pointing to anything similar of her own....And since the other person is the dominant one and since they're used to meek Jingle not usually asserting anything, they don't notice anything odd about this kind of thing happening....That's my guess, anyway.  

Jer must like that photo, or he would never have pointed it out...(back then he probably figured he had a real shot as a magazine model! He's doing the pose and the face there....and he was a little better looking back then, although I still wouldn't write home....).....

Anyway, since he was reminiscing, when Jingle thinks "holidays" and then "nostalgia," she thinks about what he's been reminiscing about.  He's the character on stage (like Jessa was) and Jingle's a combination of stagehand and a bit of scenery. That's just how she rolls, I expect. They hog stuff. She helps them get what they want. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the whole post:

3AA54751-6B2D-42D5-80F7-ED93DA25285D.jpeg

Once again, someone full of faith only succeeds in convincing me that if their God is the real God, I have no interest in allying myself with that Person. 

And that He's a massive underachiever. 

1 hour ago, lilwhitelion said:

Ugh - she has to finish with wording that ties into their stupid brand.

The Correct Jesus invented the branding agency. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

It’s my firm belief Jinger didn’t write that. RFP did, but he’s trying to up her brand IQ by these “deep conversations.” 

Jinger has a newborn, a toddler and a narcissistic husband who supposedly goes to school and has something resembling a job there. When does she have time to write essays on religion? She doesn’t. Would RFP let her write them without his rewriting  editing them? He wouldn’t.

I call bullshit.

Agree 💯 

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

It’s my firm belief Jinger didn’t write that. RFP did, but he’s trying to up her brand IQ by these “deep conversations.” 

Jinger has a newborn, a toddler and a narcissistic husband who supposedly goes to school and has something resembling a job there. When does she have time to write essays on religion? She doesn’t. Would RFP let her write them without his rewriting  editing them? He wouldn’t.

I call bullshit.

Well then. Fuck you, Jeremy.

• LOL 10
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I call bullshit.

Most of the time Jinger doesn't have more than a few words to say and she's not that insightful or opinionated.....And now we're to believe that she's having all these deep thoughts as she looks back on the year 2020?..... I don't think so.

It's kind of shitty if he's posting his own thoughts as Jingles thoughts and letting her take the backlash.... What a guy.. Real prince charming.  👎

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Most of the time Jinger doesn't have more than a few words to say and she's not that insightful or opinionated.....And now we're to believe that she's having all these deep thoughts as she looks back on the year 2020?..... I don't think so.

It's kind of shitty if he's posting his own thoughts as Jingles thoughts and letting her take the backlash.... What a guy.. Real prince charming.  👎

He probably thought it would get less pushback if it came from "Jinger." Although I imagine he has a pretty high opinion of himself as a public figure.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He probably thought it would get less pushback if it came from "Jinger." Although I imagine he has a pretty high opinion of himself as a public figure.

My thought is that RFP (or their brand consultant) believes he looks better if his wife has half a brain and isn’t just a sycophantic, girly-voiced, head-tilted, zoned-out baby factory like her mother. So he’s her ghost writer. Or someone is.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Anybody watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt when it was on? One of the secondary characters, Gretchen, was with Kimmy in the cult, and she was the most enthusiastic participant. When they all got out and the cult disbanded, she ended up joining a new cult.

The point is, while Gretchen in the bunker reminded me of Jill a long time ago, the Gretchen after the cult disbanded reminds me more of present day Jinger. Interestingly, present day Jill is the most like Kimmy...kind of dorky but well-meaning and enthusiastic.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 1/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Oh for fuck’s sake, she should shut up.  It’s clear that the pandemic has had no meaningful impact on their lives. We’ve seen them doing the exact same things during the pandemic as they did before it. They haven’t lost a friend or family member to COVID, a job (not that either had one to lose), or their home. They aren’t standing in line for a food pantry or hoping their stimulus check has been deposited so they can get their lights turned back on. It’s ridiculous and fake for her to talk about how difficult the year has been but it’s all God’s plan when the worse she faced was not being able to eat indoors at a restaurant whenever she wanted. She hasn’t learned anything from the past year.

So she's basically been doing the exact same things that thousands upon thousands of Americans have done for the the past 9 months.   Her family is not unique.  Every single one of us knows a family or group just like them. 

And I imagine some here are IN a group or family like that, but won't admit it.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

So she's basically been doing the exact same things that thousands upon thousands of Americans have done for the the past 9 months.   Her family is not unique.  Every single one of us knows a family or group just like them. 

And I imagine some here are IN a group or family like that, but won't admit it.  

But unlike Jinger, presumably those people aren’t prattling on about how hard it’s been for other people while mouthing platitudes that God is good and heaven will be awesome. And if they were, I’d suggest that they STFU too.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

But unlike Jinger, presumably those people aren’t prattling on about how hard it’s been for other people while mouthing platitudes that God is good and heaven will be awesome. And if they were, I’d suggest that they STFU too.

Exactly, it's the blatant, IN YOUR FACE brand of hypocrisy that's hard to ignore.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jeremy Jinger has no self-awareness. Doesn't the person who authored that post realize how fucking TONE DEAF it is? 

One man's "tone deaf" is another (and better!) man's "sermon everyone in this sinful world desperately needs to hear"! Your personal commitment to the correct Jesus so he will save you (you you you you you you you and you alone) is the only thing that should matter to you. So fuck your feelings about silly diseases and such.  😈

That actually is the theology they embrace. So anything they accidentally or purposely dis is rightly dissed, in their view. Those who preach rightly can never be tone deaf. God's speaking through them, and his tone is always the right one. 

Not even kidding. 

Of course they run into trouble here because they desperately want to both be saved by the correct Jesus and reap fame (and money) from a bunch of mainstream people who don't believe what they believe. So -- mixed and blurry and messed-up tones abound. The dilemmas of the breakout stars!  😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

I personally don't see anything wrong with her post. There is nothing inherently wrong with acknowledging Christ and that this has been a difficult year for people. It seems like anytime that God/Christ/Christianity comes up it's immediately offensive to some. I don't think her post was directed towards anyone but rather just a reflection. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So I get irate when I see that message in their posts. Because people mistake it for something quite different because many imagine that all belief in Jesus is about love and fairness and charity. Their theology is  not benign and has nothing to do with justice or love or caring about other people. Instead, it's a belief that empowers and strengthens racism, misogyny and all manner of greed, bigotry and selfishness, including the current public-health obnoxiousness we're witnessing in them. 

So when they say they care about people who've suffered from Covid, it's purely lip service to keep fans from decamping. Their core "religious" belief is that caring about that is nothing but a distraction from the only truly important thing--embracing the right beliefs about the right Jesus so that you, individually, get saved. That's the hope Jingle and Jer hold. And I find it abhorrent--and I also don't like seeing people fooled about what it really is. 

These are scary people who do more harm than good and if they had the power, they would do more harm.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And they WANT (and actively try) to legislate their beliefs so that others must follow them, too. I’m ok with anyone having their own personal beliefs, just don’t try to force them on anyone else.

Exactly why they are dangerous.  🙁

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, zoomama said:

sorry to disappoint ya'll but i agree with her. 

You are fully within your rights to do so!

I would argue that many people think they agree with Jer/Jingle/Jonny Mac's philosophy because when written in a sort of general and fuzzy fashion, as it is here, it can easily be confused with other theologies that, by my lights, are benign. Such as the belief that the Christian God embodies the highest values and thus should be paid attention to more than anything else in this world. That, as far as I understand -- after a lot of study -- doesn't accurately express what they believe. And, in my opinion, the details of a theology -- especially the ones that may get obscured a bit -- matter a lot when it comes to how people act on that theology. 

So I try to caution people against agreeing with them too quickly, before exploring what they actually espouse and its ramifications!

However, plenty of people do agree with them completely and have a right to do so. No argument with that here. 🙂

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18

Jinger's only teacher EVER was Michelle Duggar. I am shocked that Jinger can even string words together to make sentences considering her education. Take everything she says with a grain of salt. She's a moron and a grifter who lives off other people giving her a free home and buying her branded crap. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Jinger's only teacher EVER was Michelle Duggar. I am shocked that Jinger can even string words together to make sentences considering her education. Take everything she says with a grain of salt. She's a moron and a grifter who lives off other people giving her a free home and buying her branded crap. 

Some people think Jeremy actually wrote that post. It would not surprise me if he did. 

• Love 20

Agree that both have been really altered. Jinger doesn’t look like herself at all. I do appreciate that for once it’s Jinger looking into the camera while Jeremy looks at her rather than the usual Jinger staring adoringly at Jeremy pose. I bet it irritates him that his face isn’t front and center on the cover. Jinger is the one that has an audience, Jeremy, not you.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 21