Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just now, Churchhoney said:

Oh, so I need to be following them to understand this. Got it. 

Not gonna follow them, though. 😄

Not really. It was an IG story. I suppose a story marking the end of the year as we head toward a new one.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

"Good friends" seems to mean "casual acquaintances with whom we share some sort of transactional relationship." 

As opposed to "Sweet friends" which means "people who share our abhorrent religious and political beliefs." 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

As opposed to "Sweet friends" which means "people who share our abhorrent religious and political beliefs." 

And then the third category, "best friends," which means "your mother, your sister (for females), your brother (for males), and your spouse." 

No sibling of the same sex? Mother passed on? Not currently married? No "best friend" for you. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Who is next to Mr V? Jill or Laura? Never mind, I just saw the tag.

So families from CA, AR and NJ all went to SC during a pandemic. Mixing 6 households and two of them are pregnant. And we'll never know if one or some of them were walking around being asymptomatic spreaders.

I'm really starting to wonder if all the Duggars did catch covid and kept it on the down low.

I wonder if some of them have had COVID as well. It probably wasn't major (i.e., no need to go to the hospital). I'm unsure as to whether they would keep it on the down low to maintain the brand, or because it would be featured on a future season of Counting On. There isn't really anyone that has had a lapse in social media among those who regularly post though.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I wonder if some of them have had COVID as well. It probably wasn't major (i.e., no need to go to the hospital). I'm unsure as to whether they would keep it on the down low to maintain the brand, or because it would be featured on a future season of Counting On. There isn't really anyone that has had a lapse in social media among those who regularly post though.

No, you're right no big lapses in SM that I'm aware of, although Jessa did recently toss up an old video. But if they had mild cases of covid, or even moderate, most folks are only down and out for a few days and can function, though sometimes barely, the rest of the time. So I could see if they were hiding it, they would make an effort to get a post up.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Lunera said:

Apparently they all randomly got together in June in Charleston, SC. Funny how  they all forgot to post pictures of their family vacation. The quarantine episode literally aired a month after this picture was taken.

Screenshot_20201230-152453_Instagram.jpg

I honestly thought Laura Maisie was Jill. 

• Love 7

I want to know why they’re not posting pics of Evangeline!  Have they given her away?  Did Felicity smother her?  Does Jermy think she’s not cute enough to show off?  Inquiring minds want to know, damnit! 😤

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

Interesting that they're not showing Felicity's face anymore either. I feel like they're trying to be some sort of quasi Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in terms of rebranding. Like they're suddenly all about privacy for the kids similar to how the latter couple is with Archie. 

With regards to the above pic, how do people know Jingle is carrying the baby? I can't make anything out except bags and Jinger's coat.

• Love 5

Although I'm surprised we haven't seen another pic of EJ, I'm not convinced they're going the Harry/Meghan route yet.

J & J like the artsy and "candid" type pics. And honestly, I actually love the photo of Jing and Lissy and the caption is actually a good one this time.

If they are trying to pivot and give their kids more privacy they should give an explanation to avoid all the speculation. IMO, the only reason they would change things up is because something happened. Also, it would be hard to maintain if they're going to continue to be the "breakout stars" on a reality show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Also, it would be hard to maintain if they're going to continue to be the "breakout stars" on a reality show.

. . . a reality show that's all about Jinger's family which is famous for having babies. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Temperance said:

I honestly thought Laura Maisie was Jill. 

NM

14 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ha. Love the comment!

”So your wife has bags, a newborn, and a 2 year old, walking on possibly icy pavement. You do nothing but take a photo. You are such a jackass. Seriously.”

SAVE JINGER.. and her kids.  Jeremy definitely is an egomaniac.. but for HER to put up with this shit?? Big problems.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Boston said:

NM

SAVE JINGER.. and her kids.  Jeremy definitely is an egomaniac.. but for HER to put up with this shit?? Big problems.

I see a handbag on her shoulder and a diaper bag in her hands. No sign of the baby.

• Love 4

My guess is they are holding out for a family photo shoot!  Everything they do is for the $$$$!

I am wondering how much People pays them for that?

Even if not much it's great publicity for their social media!  Keep those faces in the news!

Maybe Jing & Jer should take a look at Brandon's and Michaela's store. Granted Brandon & Michaela have some creative talents that maybe the Vuolos don't have, but it also seems they put effort and thought into their brand and what they sell. The site certainly leans Fundy, but that is part of what both couples are trying to sell.

https://keilencorner.com/

• Love 11
On 12/30/2020 at 8:32 PM, magpye29 said:

Jinger looks like she's shying away from Jeremy in that photo.

It's probably her moving out the way so her headship can have more of himself in the picture. He probably leaned over and whispered to his pregnant wife, "You're hogging the spotlight. I need you to move over. I can't properly sell my brand, I mean our brand, if I'm not the focus." 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Damn those comments are a goldmine:

And my personal favorite:

1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

It's probably her moving out the way so her headship can have more of himself in the picture. He probably leaned over and whispered to his pregnant wife, "You're hogging the spotlight. I need you to move over. I can't properly sell my brand, I mean our brand, if I'm not the focus." 

A) Jeremy is probably pushing the stroller with the baby in it, since Jinger does not have the baby, no matter what the comments say.

B) Jinger is leaning to the side so her head isn't blocking the bottom of his face. Seems normal to me.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Jeremy is probably pushing the stroller with the baby in it, since Jinger does not have the baby, no matter what the comments say.

I'm not sure that makes him look significantly any better. She still has her arms full, and he's the douchebag in the back snapping pictures for the Gram. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

xsq3q1jvks861.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I mean...why? 

It would make more sense if:

1) Jinger posted a nostalgic photo of herself

2) Jeremy posted this photo

or

3) Jinger posted this photo for Jeremy's birthday.

But she did not know Jeremy during this time, so what is there to "reminisce?"

• Love 16

Hehe I was also wondering why she posted a picture of Venus Fly Trap Vuolo instead of herself if she was reminiscing. It would also have more sense if she'd uploaded pictures of both of them. Though maybe Jinger doesn't want to remind us of how orange she used to be. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Remind me to never read comments while taking a sip of coffee. 😂😂😂

Haha I can't take credit for it. I stole it from the Instagram comments! But I think it is right up there with RFP and Punchable Aunt Cade as far as nicknames go! 😄 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Someone on Reddit described Jeremy in this picture as a cross between Steve from Blue's Clues and Tigger, and I can't unsee it now...

If Jeremy ever gets any fan mail:

giphy.gif

I'm going to out myself as a 90s kid, but I never realized how . . . distinctive and dating those damn shirts were until a friend of mine (also a 90s kid) was relating to me her adventures in teaching English. She tried to show her middle school kids a video of Wishbone a couple of years ago, and she said they were bewildered by the clothes. "Why is everyone wearing those big blocky stripes?" "Because it was the 90s. Nobody knew any better." 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 12/29/2020 at 10:18 PM, Jeanne222 said:

There could be money from his hockey playing days and I'm guessing Jinger has a stash of cash from 19 kids shows!  If invested well that could provide income.

Being married to Jinger Dugger opens many doors.  Like him or not he's put people and places in the media circus.

Just being seen with the husband of a Dugger brings influence!

Jeremy played soccer, not hockey and he was mostly a sub on second tier teams.  In the 3 years or so he played professional soccer, he would've made maybe $150,000 total, if I'm being generous.  Most of the teams he played for had average salaries in the $30-40,000 range annually.  It's doubtful he saved much, if any, of that money.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I mean...why? 

It would make more sense if:

1) Jinger posted a nostalgic photo of herself

2) Jeremy posted this photo

or

3) Jinger posted this photo for Jeremy's birthday.

But she did not know Jeremy during this time, so what is there to "reminisce?"

I don’t even believe she wrote that 😆.

• Love 8
On 12/31/2020 at 10:15 AM, madpsych78 said:

You really think they would tell us if they had covid 19. Remember that they are fundies and they are the perfect people who never get sick unlike us who are imperfect. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Since Evangeline Jo’s pictures announcing her birth, they have only had side view pictures,  and views from the  back of the girls, it seems. Perhaps they are going for a different approach? Whatever it is, it’s public relations related.

ETA, 12 of their most recent pictures on Instagram:

C0C6C04D-7409-4EF3-9D13-89D09EF6D66F.jpeg

B0EE6073-F10E-4430-B10B-10EFD0BDF086.jpeg

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Where was the picture of young Jeremy posted? I don't see it on either of their IGs.

It's from Jinger's account, but three years ago (December 2017). I guess we didn't snark on it properly back then and someone felt the need to re-post?

While scrolling through Jinger's IG to see if I could find the young Jeremy picture, I also stumbled upon this picture. Scary to think that it's only a little over a year old, and by a year from now he could possibly be holding his own baby:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B453RoTFwLb/

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5