Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

since she has only ever been shown making the pumpkin bread/muffins and the rest of their food pics are Jer posing in restaurants. , my guess is Jing can't cook or what maybe she knows how to cook Jer wouldn't be caught eating. not photo worthy for sure

• Love 11

Is it possible, maybe, that Jinger requested McDonalds and Chick Fil A for her birthday meals? Didn't she want pizza and In N Out last year? I'm just saying, if I let my husband choose restaurants on his birthday, that's the same line up he'd choose.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

The look good to me. What do you see wrong with them? And now I want strawberries. 😂

Majority of the strawberries look good to me, but the ones most prominently framed look white near the stem, so are probably pretty under-ripe/tart. 

• Love 14

Just watched the Jinger gives birth episode (airing tonight 12/23 but available on TLC Go in advance).  I really hate their decisions here, much more than usual.  I'm assuming everyone had Covid tests, probably multiples but I question why did both sets of Grandparents minus Boob have to be there and worse why in the world did Michelle need to take Jordan with her.  To a hot spot on its way to lockdown, on a plane then back home where they're in contact with the rest of the family.   I seriously doubt they quarantined properly when they got home.  I don't care where you are on the virus belief spectrum from grocery shopping in a hazmat suit to protesting masks there's a certain example set with these people among their serious followers and Michelle and Jordan taking that risk and Jinger and Jer allowing it seems terribly irresponsible. 

On a side note there's a point in the episode when they're in the kitchen and you can see the wall at the base of the stairs.  Look closely at that - it is two full shoe racks of sneakers, just sneakers.  And going by size the mostly look like Jer's.  Seriously there must be 30+ pairs there, I have never in my life seen anyone who is not playing professional sports with that many sneakers.  I'd say it's weird but I think for him it's par for his narcissistic course.

There is always good with the bad though - the new baby is cute, Felicity is adorable and the name isn't horrible although I wonder if they'll just call her Evie or Eve or if she'll have the double "Evie-Jo" name permanently.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, crazy8s said:

since she has only ever been shown making the pumpkin bread/muffins and the rest of their food pics are Jer posing in restaurants. , my guess is Jing can't cook or what maybe she knows how to cook Jer wouldn't be caught eating. not photo worthy for sure

This post does a number on his preferred image of gourmand-about-town, though, seems to me. Two McDonald's meals in the same day and he loved them. Wow. 

I'm surprised he isn't worried about what that might do to his brand. 😁

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Is it possible, maybe, that Jinger requested McDonalds and Chick Fil A for her birthday meals? Didn't she want pizza and In N Out last year? I'm just saying, if I let my husband choose restaurants on his birthday, that's the same line up he'd choose.

It's possible, but he still frames it as all about him. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Zella said:

It's possible, but he still frames it as all about him. 

Yeah it does. If it had been Jinger request it would have been easy to mention it like 'Jinger requested fast food for her birthday so here we are!' type of post but instead it's 'I had fast food three times today!'. It's as always all about him. 

• Love 8

so jing can't cook and Jer won't be bothered to cook, since he is a man. if he is trying to be relatable - again he fails to know his audience or which audience he wants to relate to. fundy wives should cook. hipster fundy foodies do not brag on eating an mc donalds and cfa 3x in one day

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Yeah it does. If it had been Jinger request it would have been easy to mention it like 'Jinger requested fast food for her birthday so here we are!' type of post but instead it's 'I had fast food three times today!'. It's as always all about him. 

And shouldn’t he be home cooking for Jinger on her birthday, while she nurses their newborn??

• Love 22

Has Jeremy ever been shown cooking? For someone who fancies himself a foodie, it seems like his interest in food is pretty limited to being at restaurants. I do like cooking but don't do much of it, but I'm not sure he has ever been shown making anything. Only stuffing his smug face. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

the pastor at the church I used to work for was a food snob like Jeremy. but he and the mrs were part of the local gourmet food club. he bragged and bragged about how he was a gourmet cook. he never claimed the title chef. he always stuck with gourmet cook. never, ever would he post about eating at fast food places

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Has Jeremy ever been shown cooking? For someone who fancies himself a foodie, it seems like his interest in food is pretty limited to being at restaurants. I do like cooking but don't do much of it, but I'm not sure he has ever been shown making anything. Only stuffing his smug face. 

There was a video of Jer and some visiting friend of his making whipped-cream drinks of some kind back when he and Jingle first moved to LA. As far as I know, that's the only food-preparation sighting I ever remember  of Jer. And it wasn't actually food, but a drink. And I think the video was mostly about the two guys clowning around. 

He's got two kids now, and seen Jingle through two pregnancies,  so  I hope he's done more food prep than that. But there doesn't appear to be any evidence that he has. 

I know guys, including a hipster type, who've deliberately upped their kitchen skills so they could help out when their partners were pregnant and caring for newborns. But I guess that might be contrary to his religion. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If I remember correctly, last year she had In-N-Out on her bday.  She substituted lettuce for a bun, of course.

• Useful 2

I haven’t been keeping up with this couple lately and just saw the episode about the birth tonight.  My impressions are:

disappointment in their lax covid precautions.  All that travel, no mask with the midwife or other family members.  They and the  out of town guests should have worn masks in the house.  Covid doesn’t ignore you because you’re having a baby.  

Was that the best name they could come up with?  This is in light of the names of other people in their family.  I get how Chelle and JB liked the multiple J names, but come on...why steal her cousins names?  And Jo?  How many variations of that name already exist in that family?  I can only conclude that they are either very ignorant or lazy.   And, I’ve always liked these two:(. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Apparently they were out all day. Does that mean that Jinger also ate fast food? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJKL49vBa2p/?igshid=db9yi2hfgh07

If he was stuffing his face with all this fast food while on an outing with his wife for her birthday, and his takeaway was to gleefully catalog all of the grease he engorged rather than the day with her, I don't even know what to say. I guess it's an honest reflection of what he cares about, but it's not a very flattering one. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Zella said:

If he was stuffing his face with all this fast food while on an outing with his wife for her birthday, and his takeaway was to gleefully catalog all of the grease he engorged rather than the day with her, I don't even know what to say. I guess it's an honest reflection of what he cares about, but it's not a very flattering one. 

Priorities. lol

During this month Jeremy has probably realized he has now been demoted to number 4 in the family. He also has two more weeks before MDs allow sex. I usually feel bad when new parents are adjusting to the second child, but with Jeremy, not so much.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

The look good to me. What do you see wrong with them? And now I want strawberries. 😂

I need way more chocolate on each strawberry! And my preference would be no white icing at all. But I’d probably eat them if they were in front of me. 🍓

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

If any of that article is true, they’re even more arrogant that I thought. Like it’s TLC that’s holding them back. 🤣 😂🤣😂🤣😂 And the implication is that they deserve a larger share...they are the “breakout stars” of the family, after all. Seriously, these two are CLUELESS.

If they’re dumb enough to walk away from that money, they deserve whatever happens to them. 

ETA: The RFP has to be the “source” for this hogwash..

”They've had discussions with family members and the network about leaving, and they are unsurprisingly desperate to keep them signed on for years to come.”

Shameless. And exactly what other television shows supposedly want them so badly? Toddlers and Tiaras? The Holy Goalie Variety Hour? Cooking With Jinger? Puh-leeze...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 5
  • Love 17

I'm doing pretty well without any of the Duggars and just relying on you all to take one for the team and watch or stalk Instagram.  Good jobs, btw. And I truly hate Instagram, it's annoying as hell. Now if they did Twitter, I'd be all over that but nope I don't think they do. Wonder why?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

I'm doing pretty well without any of the Duggars and just relying on you all to take one for the team and watch or stalk Instagram.  Good jobs, btw. And I truly hate Instagram, it's annoying as hell. Now if they did Twitter, I'd be all over that but nope I don't think they do. Wonder why?

Yeah, Instagram is the one I just won’t do.

19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

they are "selling everything from hats to candles"  -  aren't they selling only hats and candles?

I KNOW! That was my reaction. Other funny bits included saying they were having "deep conversations" about the issue (I have a hard time imagining them having a deep conversation about anything) and the bits about "[Jinger] thinks it could be time to step away [from being in front of the cameras] " followed by "they would also be interested in getting involved in other TV projects."

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Maybe they are taking advice from Jeremy & Audrey Roloff who I think they know/follow.  They quit their show and now have a brand and give marriage advice given their years of experience and their counseling credentials. They have a new book coming out too. Ugh.  How these posers have any followers I don't know but I wonder if  they are missing the show money. 

Maybe he saw what Jill got and thinks they should have been given a better contract.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I’m sorry, I know she just gave birth and all, but that photo of Jinger on the beach makes her look enormous.

It's a really unflattering angle.

So Jeremy's birthday "surprise" was really a staged paparazzi shoot. Nice.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ozziemom said:

Maybe they are like Meghan Markle and Prince Harry leaving the Royal Family for deals with Netflix and Spotify.

Ha. Maybe in their fantasies...no where else. 
I suspect these two boneheads are in for an ugly reality check.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Jeremy is on Twitter.