Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Zella said:

And that right there is exactly why Jeremy doesn't push back when his influencer deals are cancelled. Because the people reporting him to companies for being a bigoted asshole aren't wrong. And he knows it. 

Isn't that behind the whole not working for others ideal?   Can't be working for those who condone sin and evil, don't you know.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Isn't that behind the whole not working for others ideal?   Can't be working for those who condone sin and evil, don't you know.

Yep. Jeremy's problem is he's too big of a thirsty famewhore to restrain himself. 

• Love 9

I don't think Jeremy gives a flying fuck what the critics think. He's too focused on projecting the perfect Christian image to MacArthur and those who answer to MacArthur. He probably hates the managers who cut him from his soccer teams.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They've done 30 podcasts already?!?

Well, they've been doing them weekly since the beginning of June, and I think they slid in at least one or maybe two extras. So that's almost 7 months (with none of the months being February) plus a bonus podcast or two. So 30 works.

Time flies when you're having fun! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, they've been doing them weekly since the beginning of June, and I think they slid in at least one or maybe two extras. So that's almost 7 months (with none of the months being February) plus a bonus podcast or two. So 30 works.

Time flies when you're having fun! 

Shit, in pandemic time, June feels like an eternity ago. I didn't realize they started that long ago and I had no idea they were doing them weekly.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I admit I am ignorant on this topic. I am quite content to remain so. But is there any way they’re making any money from these candy coated hatefests podcasts?

If they are not charging listeners, then no.  Some podcasters have sponsors or use Patreon to generate funds, but those funds are usually used for research expenses.  Very few podcasters make a living solely from their podcast.   Jeremy is no Joe Rogan.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I admit I am ignorant on this topic. I am quite content to remain so. But is there any way they’re making any money from these candy coated hatefests podcasts?

Not at this point. The podcast has only 300+ subscribers as far as I can tell, and you need to be above a thousand at least to have a hopethe of sponsorship, however minimal.  

On youtube they do have enough subscribers (barely) to be in the lower rungs of "partners" program. But the amount of viewing they get may or may not qualify them for a bit of payment -- and if it does, it's only a bit, really. Literally pocket change. And they may not even qualify for that. 

Because they're somewhat well known and have a lot of social-media followers, their podcast started out charting on iTunes. But they dropped off after the first handful of episodes and never climbed again.

That's not a good sign that they'll ever rise again. And it makes their current lackluster performance look even worse to potential sponsors, I expect. They had capital -- the social-media and tv following. And a fair number of those people listened for the first two or three weeks. But very few ever subscribed. And the listener numbers dwindled very quickly and never rose again for any episodes. So the only thing sponsors can conclude from that is that even the people who already liked you haven't been interested in your podcast at all. 

Unless they get considerably more famous by some other means and their podcast gets more interesting to more people, I'm pretty sure it's unlikely it'll ever earn them anything. As they currently are, will Jer and Jingle talking become more interesting to more people? .....nah. 

I suppose Jer figures it'll increase his overall visibility and thus his rise to whatever kind of hotshot position he currently aspires to. But he's been doing another podcast or two for a couple years now at least. And those podcasts don't seem to have become more visible. Nor has he. He's still known as Jingle's husband outside the MacArthur enterprise, as far as I can see.  

I think Jer's best bet is shilling fountain pens. 

(...and his best hope for a job that will suit his wants is to stay in MacArthur World. Accomplishing that may mainly require adept sucking up to exactly the right people, and he's good at that. Although he's learned this year that figuring out which are the exact right people is harder than it looks.... Not clear how important the podcast or their youtube channel is to their future....I'm thinking not very. ) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I'm surprised they haven't started a Patron. I know a lot of content creators--not know them personally but follow them online--who do that. I'm more familiar with the YouTubers who do it, but it's pretty common with podcasters who want to monetize too. These 2 aren't generating good content, so I don't know how many subscribers they'd get. But I assumed they would start one shortly after the podcast was founded. 

• Love 4
Just now, Zella said:

I'm surprised they haven't started a Patron. I know a lot of content creators--not know them personally but follow them online--who do that. I'm more familiar with the YouTubers who do it, but it's pretty common with podcasters who want to monetize too. These 2 aren't generating good content, so I don't know how many subscribers they'd get. But I assumed they would start one shortly after the podcast was founded. 

Yeah, I'm surprised too. I was sure they would. But I don't see any sign that they have. I really wonder why. 

• Love 1

They can start a Patreon but you have to actually pay to start your podcast there. Something Jer doesn't want to do, evidently he wants the money to just magically come to him. It's not much money to start in that platform but he has that magical thinking. Why pay for someone (canned guidance at that) to guide your "career" when you can wing it and yell into the abyss.

Edited by Chicklet
I
  • Love 12
On 12/17/2020 at 4:15 PM, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I'm surprised too. I was sure they would. But I don't see any sign that they have. I really wonder why. 

Most of the podcasts I follow release extra content for their Patreon supporters, which means extra work and we all know how Jeremee feels about work.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Zella said:

So . . . are we supposed to ignore all the pictures they posted on their social media that show they weren't alone and weren't following precautions? 🙄

"they worry about going through labor by themselves for the first time"

More manufactured drama as they worry.... knowing damn well that family will be there.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The episode:

LOLed at about 4:20 when Renee was talking about how Baby #2 tends to come the fastest and is most likely to be born on the bathroom floor. That got me thinking about how Anna delivered Michael (who was #2) on the toilet.

I'll give Michelle and Jordyn a little credit for wearing masks at the airport, even though there weren't too many other people around, but FU Jeremy for not wearing a mask when going in with Jinger to the hospital.

Evange-LINE.

At about 20:40 Michelle looked so out of it and stoned as Diana was talking.

Felicity was cute at saying "hi" to Evangeline.

• Love 7

That's gonna be confusing as hell with two cousins being called Ehvie. You'd think since they knew it's what Joy was calling her daughter,  that they'd have at least gone with Eeeevie.

It was adorable seeing Felicity's joy at seeing the baby for the first time! And calling her baby Joey tickled me.

Edited by beckie
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, beckie said:

That's gonna be confusing as hell with two cousins being called Ehvie. You'd think since they knew it's what Joy was calling her daughter,  that they'd have at least gone with Eeeevie.

I guess with that many kids, this was bound to happen. I just thought it would take a while longer. 

• Love 3
On 11/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, BigBingerBro said:

OK, who's going to take one for the team and read it and give us a detailed snark-filled synopsis?

I'll take one for the team if y'all are willing to take up a collection to pay my medical bills when I roll my eyes too many times and they get stuck that way.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

Thanks for posting the video ginger! 
I’ve never seen such a tiny baby bath as the one in the hospital. I thought she was in a 4 litre ice cream container at first 

I wanted to put that poor newborn in something soft and comfy. That matching outfit did not look at all comfortable  for a brand new baby and the stupid bows on that just born skin 😒

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Totally said:

I wanted to put that poor newborn in something soft and comfy. That matching outfit did not look at all comfortable  for a brand new baby and the stupid bows on that just born skin 😒

Well when one is having babies for Jesus it doesn't matter what that baby's desires are. And bald babies- how would someone know it was a girl? Girl babies have to be very obvious.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, awaken said:

Haha. Worried about Covid restrictions?  Clearly they don’t give a damn. Why would they even bother posting that farce?  

For the mainstream fans who want to believe hese are nice mainstream people just like them. And of course very caring, because they're such great Christians! With just a few little quirks that make them interesting and fun to watch!

Advertising to falsely assure your fans that you are the people they want you to be is never a bother! 

12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I guess with that many kids, this was bound to happen. I just thought it would take a while longer. 

When it comes to anything involving babies, Duggars like to get off to a fast start. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, beckie said:

It was adorable seeing Felicity's joy at seeing the baby for the first time! And calling her baby Joey tickled me.

I don’t get why they don’t call her Eva for short? 
Felicity saying Hi to the baby was adorable. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The episode:

Thank you for posting the episode Ginger! I live in Germany, so I can't always find episodes online. 

I thought it was nice to see Felicity's grandparent's reading her a book (an age appropriate book, not the bible) and involving her in the decorating. I didn't think about the baby's coming home outfit until another poster pointed it out, but maybe Jing/Jer were trying to make Felicity feel like she was a part of things.  

It will be interesting to see all of these cousins when they get to be around 10 or so. I doubt there will be a tv show by then, except possibly for the occasional special. But they will all live on through social media. Izzy, Sam, Felicity, and Evie (Ehvie?) will all be in real schools and will probably have surpassed their uncles and aunts socially and developmentally. Hopefully John and Abbie will send their kids to a real school, as well. And I can't imagine Lauren wanting to homeschool, so maybe her kids, too.   

• Love 3

Thanks for posting the video Ginger90. My thoughts upon viewing:

Nice that Jinger & JereME couldn't be bothered to wear masks when the masked midwife came to their home. JereME seems to eschew masks for the most part anyway, probably in deference to his mentor.  

Michelle is really loopy. It was probably a good idea to bring Jordan to play with and keep Felicity occupied while her parents were away. The Vuolo grandparents really were thoughtful of Felicity and the huge change she was in for. They really went all out to make it a positive experience. I wonder if any of these people quarantined and were tested before flying. Of course not! Plus any of them could have been exposed during their flights. 😡 I know it's hard to be apart from your children and grandchildren at this time, but it's for the protection of family, friends and strangers that those of us who care about others, comply. I haven't seen my grandkids in 10 months. 😞

Jinger sounded a lot like Joy at times. I'm glad she has good medical care for her births. JereME seemed bored while waiting for the birth and out of sorts with having to be the only one to support Jinger. 

Felicity is adorable and the Evy Jo is a beautiful baby. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Nice that Jinger & JereME couldn't be bothered to wear masks when the masked midwife came to their home. JereME seems to eschew masks for the most part anyway, probably in deference to his mentor.  

THIS!

Also, if they really cared, the out of state grandparents would not be at the house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I think Joey would be a cute nickname. They might have been considering it, Felicity got it from somewhere.  

I started to watch the episode, but got bored quickly.  I just fast forwarded to Lissy's reaction to the baby.  

• Love 6
On 12/2/2020 at 7:44 AM, MargeGunderson said:

What does “lifestyle of hope” even mean? Just come on out and say you want to sell stupid stuff to gullible people.

Lifestyle of “I hope you buy lots of this crap so I don’t have to get a real job.”

• LOL 18
  • Love 3