Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jeremy doesn't do anything for me with long or short hair, but I think the longer hair makes him look a little more normal, a little less pocket square, and that's always a good thing. Of course, that also makes me suspect he's doing this because he had a chat with his social media managers about his persona and not because of the reasons he outlines in what sounds like some sort of clinical freshman comp paper instead of a social media post. But Fake Normal is preferable to Failing Sophisticant. (Well, it is less annoying but also less entertaining. LOL)

• Love 19
59 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

His sunglasses are crooked.

His face/head is crooked lol. 

49 minutes ago, lascuba said:

'Earlier this year, Jing told me she was curious what it would look like."

In other words, Jeremy asked Jinger, "Aren't you curious to see how I would look like with longer hair?" and she obediently said, "Totally curious!"

Totally curious baaaabbbe.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't hate the long hair, but I don't love it either. Jeremy just isn't my cup of tea, so I give him a resounding "meh, whatever" no matter what he does. 

Yeah, same here. I prefer either crew cuts or longer hair on men, nothing in between, so I think he looks better in the general sense, he's still very meh to be in the specific.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

He still looks like a massive douche to me.

I was just going to say the same thing. Reminds me of the saying about putting lipstick on a pig. I hate his beard though. It looks scraggly and the greys in it make him look older than he is, and not in a sexy/sophisticated way. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I was about to say that haha

I bet Jeremy sees himself as a really handsome model sorta of like George Clooney 

And he would be WRONG. 😂

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

I still can’t get over her name.  Jinger.  I pronounce it in my head like “zinger” but with a J.   I think she’s beautiful though   

petty, party of one (me). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Is it just me or is Prop Bow giving off some serious 21 century Shirley Temple vibes?

Not just you. Something about the way her head's tilted and she's looking up in the garden hose picture, for example....

• Love 5

RFP reminds me of a guy I dated (briefly) in grad school. All the pieces were there for him to be really handsome, but as he had no sense of humor or self-awareness, it never worked. He was like a hot-dude hologram.

Felicity is taking after Datty all too well. Honestly, I’d rather see a picture of her face down in the grocery store in full Terrible Two Tantrum mode...at least it would be authentic.

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

RFP reminds me of a guy I dated (briefly) in grad school. All the pieces were there for him to be really handsome, but as he had no sense of humor or self-awareness, it never worked. He was like a hot-dude hologram.

Felicity is taking after Datty all too well. Honestly, I’d rather see a picture of her face down in the grocery store in full Terrible Two Tantrum mode...at least it would be authentic.

Hot dude hologram!! That’s funny. Yes I have met dudes like that, who should look appealing but have no charm or personality and so they are never are as attractive as they could be. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

They should have spelled it Jinjer 

Yes as stupid as it is, it would at least prevent me from always pronouncing her name as if it rhymes with "linger."

• Love 3
23 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I have to disagree that he’s made it through the awkward phase.

So do I. It's definitely not long enough to be "long", but just looks as though it wants to droop down in various directions and not hang together. His beard, on the other hand, has outgown the stage where it might have looked nice, and is firmly back into "awkward" territory. I don't see it growing into anything better at this stage, either. His face does nothing for me, but as far as facial hair, the three-day stubble is his best look.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

From way back when he first appeared in Duggarland, I've seen photos of Jeremee that from certain angles make him look definitely chin-deprived. Not quite chinless. I think he's not as naturally photogenic as he'd love to be and has probably learned his best camera angles.

And, I hate to give the Duggars any credit for anything, even stuff that has nothing to do with their character and is just totally the luck of the draw/genetics. But, the Duggs tend to be generally photogenic. As we've discussed, some of the daughters grew up to be quite attractive. For example, for awhile there Jessa was really the Hot Duggar Daughter. I wonder if Jeremee secretly fumes that he wasn't blessed to be that photogenic/good-looking. Heh.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I wonder how Jer and Jing are taking the news of their buddy Kanye's mental breakdown?  Given that they hang in the same circles and all.

Well, Jinger has already shared her pray away the mental illness thoughts.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

ANYONE 18-25 will have a photogenic period. It's already fading from the oldest girls, too.

As I mentioned in another thread, Jessa has become downright frumpy. She's no longer the Hot Duggar.

• Love 14
(edited)
22 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Don’t give them any ideas.

LOL! Sadly, that would be a step in the right direction, in a weird way. Felicity could take dance lessons, and become a tap dancer. She might make friends there! She could also learn to sing, and feel confident in herself. She would even have marketable skills that she could use one day. Imagine jeremy’s horror if felicity turned 18, and got a job as an entertainer on a cruise ship! 😂😂😂

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

LOL! Sadly, that would be a step in the right direction, in a weird way. Felicity could take dance lessons, and become a tap dancer. She might make friends there! She could also learn to sing, and feel confident in herself. She would even have marketable skills that she could use one day. Imagine jeremy’s horror if felicity turned 18, and got a job as an entertainer on a cruise ship! 😂😂😂

Jeremy would be the ultimate stage/dance mom dad. Like, I could see him injuring himself and Felicity shoving his way to the stage, so he could be seen. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I read that as "lap dancer" and thought, good grief, I know the Duggars do things a little differently (or, as they would say, "different" because they use adverbs a little "different," too) but she's only two!

It would be nice to see a Duggar or Duggar descendent get trained in something other than rote recitation and hubris.

Edited by jcbrown
thought of another smartass thing to say
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 7/21/2020 at 9:27 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Is it just me or is Prop Bow giving off some serious 21 century Shirley Temple vibes?

Yeah. That photo on the staircase is totally Little Princess. 
Jeremy still looks like a douche,but a more normal douche, not a stick up the ass douche, so improvement?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Felicity could take dance lessons, and become a tap dancer.

The kid’s feet are gigantic. Unless she grows into them, she can probably rule out a dance career.

On the plus side, she’ll be really hard to push around.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1