Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 7/6/2020 at 7:10 AM, GeeGolly said:

True. Yet they did seem to bring many changes of clothes for a weekend.

I guess it depends on what is your definition of a weekend.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Some women don't show more til later on. I don't remember how she looked at the same point when she was pregnant with Prop. 

Someone posted a comparison. In that picture, she poked out her stomach to emulate a bump. She was barely showing, so it's about the same.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

That dress and I believe RFP’s shorts are linen. Linen is the chosen summer fabric of people who have their Hampton housekeepers available 24/7 to iron their garments. Otherwise, it’s very comfortable because it breaths but the second you do anything other than stand still and pose, it wrinkles.

I'm a New England native and it's kind of a status symbol to wear wrinkled linen in the summer. It implies old money and not the dreaded, gossiped-about nouveau riche . Or, heaven forbid!! ...infer a linen blend.  Jeremy probably read up on this.

I think Felicity is adorable. She looks exactly like my friend's baby, who happens to have 1/4 Asian DNA. Beautiful kids.

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
On 7/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, Sew Sumi said:

More time-release pics, looks like.

Why is there no life preserver on this child? He isn’t even looking where they are going. 

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Why is there no life preserver on this child? He isn’t even looking where they are going. 

Maybe the boat was still at the dock?  It kind of reeks of a fake boat trip and they were just posing.  Unless there were more boating pics that I missed?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Maybe the boat was still at the dock?  It kind of reeks of a fake boat trip and they were just posing.  Unless there were more boating pics that I missed?

Ya, its hard to tell if there's any wake behind the boat. They are pretty close to shore. They're probably docked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Jinger’s converse seem to be wedges. Personally, I like the platform Chuck Taylor’s. I think they’re cute, but not crazy about her wedges. IMHO, Jinger can never get the style right. She’s always off. Don’t even get me started on her earrings. I always despise her taste in earrings. Even her wedding dress, which I think is lovely and fits nicely, somehow, it’s not her style. It looks like she’s trying to play a part, and that’s the required look. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/8/2020 at 4:22 PM, Mindthinkr said:

To be honest, when you're steering a personal craft you have to be constantly looking around.  There are no lines or markings to indicate lanes, so people pretty much go where they want to go, and if you don't want to hit anyone or be hit, you spend a lot of time swiveling your head.  Most experienced boaters stand when moving at speed so they can see better, even though most boats have a drivers seat.  But if you're just pulling out from the dock, you're moving at a slow speed for safety's sake, and if there aren't a lot of boats moving around (only an idiot drives at speed near the docks), some people sit until they're clear of the area.  

If you see a boat tooling around at a high speed and the driver is sitting, stay away from them.  Their field of vision is reduced and they might plow into people being towed behind a boat on inflatable water toys.  Not all states require a boating license to steer a boat, and those that do have different requirements to get that license.  Some states simply require the owner to pay a nominal fee, others require the owner to go through a boaters safety course, but don't require the owner to actually complete an on-water safety test.  It's pretty much the wild west when someone takes their personal craft out on the water.  

My husband bought a Bayliner and I don't recall if he had to get a license to drive it.  But he let me and the kids take the helm at times and we definitely didn't have a license to drive it.  For me, he told me about the rules of the road and for the kids, he was standing right there behind them.  The kids were never allowed to drive at a speed more than just putting along, and he either had a hand on the wheel or his hands were hovering nearby to take control if needed.  

I will admit that there was a time when I was annoyed with him and he complained that I was driving too cautiously when I was towing him behind on an inflatable.  I revved up the speed and gave him quite a ride until he put his arm up to signal he was done.  I may have deliberately drove over the wake of a passing boat, which made for a bumpy ride.

But back to Jeremy and Prop.  He clearly has one of his hands on the wheel and the boat is close to shore.  He's probably pulling away from the dock.  If he has any brains at all (and I don't think he's stupid, but deluded about his own intelligence and other things), but he was clearly able to take control if needed.

What I don't like is the lack of a flotation vest.  Even if you're trying your best to be safe, you can't account for some asshole who doesn't do the same.  If the adults want to think that they're invincible, that's on them.  But if there's an accident and a toddler is thrown into the water, they need to be wearing something that will not only keep them afloat, but also keep their mouth above water.  My husband and I would put our kids in a pool to make sure they worked before we went out on the lake.  Good thing, too, because the 'life vest' for our toddler turned out to actually push her face in the water.  We burned it rather than let some other family find out the hard way that it didn't work.

• Useful 9
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

So they can afford a weekend at a lake house and renting a boat. Their piece of the pie from TLC can’t be that much. 

I think they're rapidly blowing through whatever money they made off the Laredo house. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

What I don't like is the lack of a flotation vest.  

No matter what they are doing, IMO, a small child near the water needs a life vest on. Exceptions for learning to swim and or wading while holding a parents hand. We get a lot of rip tides where I live. Adults who only went out thigh deep were pulled out to sea because they didn’t know how to escape from one. I may err on caution, but it’s because I have seen too much sad stuff (water accidents) happen in my life. As a Mom, a grandmother and as a RN. I hadn’t thought about your point of testing them before counted on them to save a child’s life. That’s a very good idea. I will speak of it for future reference. Thanks. 

• Love 22
47 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

No matter what they are doing, IMO, a small child near the water needs a life vest on. Exceptions for learning to swim and or wading while holding a parents hand. We get a lot of rip tides where I live. Adults who only went out thigh deep were pulled out to sea because they didn’t know how to escape from one. I may err on caution, but it’s because I have seen too much sad stuff (water accidents) happen in my life. As a Mom, a grandmother and as a RN. I hadn’t thought about your point of testing them before counted on them to save a child’s life. That’s a very good idea. I will speak of it for future reference. Thanks. 

we went out on the lake this past weekend and got out of the pontoon at a sandbar to swim around and cool off. My grandson, he's 2, had on a lifejacket, it was different than the puddle jumper he uses at our pool. This life jacket kept tipping him forward and he couldn't keep his face out of the water. The puddle jumper has arm floaties built in and it keeps him face up. I was shocked that the life jacket did that. It was a little scary for me until we got back to the pier, just knowing if something happened he could possibly drown 😞 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Is that one of his bromances with him or just an unfortunate bystander?

Bromance. Nobody carries a Bible out public like that unless they want to be seen with it.  You can fit 1 million copies of the Bible and all kinds of translations on amn iphone with room to spare. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
51 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Marrying your best friend?!? She barely knew him when they got married. Plus, Jinger is barely articulate and Jeremy rarely lets her speak, what kind of discussion are they having? Whether to wear the Nike apparel or matching blue outfits? Actually, I'm pretty sure Jeremy doesn't let Jinger speak during that discussion, either.

What a coincidence, they've all married their best friend. I guess that in the Gothard world the only best friend possible is your spouse. I hate when they say that. Like you said, they had no prior relationship before courting.   

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

When does Jeremy NOT look constipated? 😁

This is so true! I've had that thought about him several times. I'm not sure if I've associated it with Jinger before. But she really looks like she could use some fucking Pepto Bismol. Or, you know, she needs to improving her acting face in her quest to be an influencer. 

• LOL 5
On 7/9/2020 at 9:22 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Was coming in to ask the same thing 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

🤮

Another very awkward picture.  I don't understand how odd picture after odd picture is posted lately.  I don't mind contrived because that is to be expected but I do expect better composition.  It is a new bad photographer?

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I could live the rest of my life without hearing I love you to the moon and back ever again. Please. 

It beats what Sierra always says: I love you to God and back. 

Now, THAT is cringeworthy.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8

I think it's pretty funny.  And that It's a 100% intentional, obvious & sarcastic set-up photo.   I like their humor.  And they don't stage photos that deliberately torture or terrorize their child, just to be "funny", the way her sisters love to do. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I think it's pretty funny.  And that It's a 100% intentional, obvious & sarcastic set-up photo.   I like their humor.  And they don't stage photos that deliberately torture or terrorize their child, just to be "funny", the way her sisters love to do. 

I could see it more that way with a different caption.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

I could live the rest of my life without hearing I love you to the moon and back ever again. Please. 

This!!! 

The "" best friend "thing is annoying. They figure God sent you this person, so they must be your best friend. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I could see it more that way with a different caption.

Me, too. The photo definitely does seem to have some kind of joke vibe, or even a flat-out sarcastic one. Both their poses potentially read that way.....

But then I read the caption -- and I can't figure out what the potential sarcasm or jokiness in the photo could be aimed at......

The only sarcasm target I can imagine for the photo-and-caption-combined is that the photo's poking fun at the caption. Or at people who write captions like that ....

But that would mean that they're either poking fun at Jinger's own sentiments (which doesn't seem to make sense)....or that the photo and the caption together are actually poking fun at the Duggar/fundie tradition of voicing those particular sentiments, like "my husband is my best friend." And I have a really hard time seeing Jinger, especially, doing that.

Does she actually not believe the things she's written in the caption? Can that really be true? Seems to me she's posted similar stuff to that many times, apparently quite seriously.....But for the post to actually be sarcastic, the caption would have to be a satire of the sentiments it pretends to express..... That just seems at odds with the whole history of Jinger and her posting, to me.... 

And, frankly, I can't see Jer making fun of those sentiments publicly either. And that's especially true now, since they've been pretty exclusively posting very earnest Christian-y "influencer" posts that say things similar in tone to what this caption says and are also trying to win listeners for their very earnestly fundie podcast right now....

I don't know what's going on with this post. The combo of the photo and the caption is kinda baffling, to me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
On 7/8/2020 at 6:22 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Maybe they’re sitting still?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know what's going on with this post. The combo of the photo and the caption is kinda baffling, to me. 

They seem to have a problem generally matching their captions to their photos. This photo is clearly aiming to be more "authentic," likely in response to recent criticism, but ironically fails in its (as someone earlier pointed out) try-hardness.

• Love 14