Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Nike! 🙄🙄🙄 I bet their great conversations are all about grifting and Jeremy.

Hahahaha that’s what I came here to say! What conversations could they possibly be having that would be even remotely interesting?

• Love 15

Jeremy: Do you think my hair looks better this way or this way?

Jinger: Oh babe, I love it the first way.

Jeremy: Hmm, no you're wrong the second way looks best.

• LOL 15
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That’s way more leg hair than anyone needed to know about, RFP. Too bad you can’t transplant some onto your forehead.

Looks like Sasquatch to me.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That’s way more leg hair than anyone needed to know about, RFP. Too bad you can’t transplant some onto your forehead.

OMG where's the ubiquitous photographer or Jinger when you actually need them?! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

A FB acquaintance posted a YouTube from Gabby yesterday (I didn't listen to it, can't tell you how it was), and it made me realize we have heard nothing about Punchable Aunt Cade in quite a little while...

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

A FB acquaintance posted a YouTube from Gabby yesterday (I didn't listen to it, can't tell you how it was), and it made me realize we have heard nothing about Punchable Aunt Cade in quite a little while...

“It was just a hookup, stop calling me!” -Cade

But seriously, lockdown really ruined Jeremy’s act.  He really loved randomly wandering through LA, hanging with celebrities, eating, drinking, and living it up. I doubt he’ll be able to get that back anytime soon. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 18
(edited)
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess listenership is down, sharply.

The podcast briefly charted on iTunes (chart shows top 100 podcasts) when it debuted on June 5 -- starting as #26 (a tribute to the long-lasting interest, positive and negative, that people have in the Duggars, Jer)......rose to #19 by June 7 (as more of the long-time Duggar-curious heard about it and their  our curiosity grew, probably)....

Then it dropped like a stone and was off the chart after the first week (last charted at #72 on June 12, and was off the chart by June 13). It hasn't reappeared. So I think it's likely that its listenership has just kept on dropping, considering what happened between June 8 and June 13. 

To be fair, the vast majority of podcasts never ever rise to a chart position at all, let alone start nearly in the top quarter of the chart as they did, of course. HOWEVER, the fact that this happened makes their subsequent performance even more of a disappointment to anybody who'd think of contracting with them for any kind of influencing or whatever, seems to me.

Because, unlike the vast majority of podcasts, they started with a potential audience of  well over a million -- a fair number of whom actually did tune in for their first and second outings....They were on the chart for both. But although they came in with a huge huge advantage -- a pre-formed potentially interested audience-- that audience lasted only a week... and it was dropping sharply for most of that time.  (does not look like the performance of a couple of breakout stars....or of people who actually have a really devoted, engaged fan base, as their social-media numbers suggest)

This will not impress any of the people you hope to impress, Jeremy. And you only get one chance to make a first impression. 

(To be fair, they may well be hovering somewhere just below the charting podcasts, of course....Hanging around the 150 to 200 mark or something. And if that's happening, then that certainly is strong compared to most podcasts. ......Nevertheless, when you come in with the giant social-media numbers they have, I still think more than that is likely expected of you....(What would mitigate that is if they dropped off at first but are now slowly climbing back up......so -- we'll see, I guess...)

I think that huge social-media number may be more of a curse to them than anything else, actually. Because it shows that, while they have  all those followers, the whopping majority of that huge number don't appear to be very interested in anything they actually do.  And if you're looking for an influencer, you want someone whose words and actions get people excited. Or at least excited enough to make it through the third or fourth podcast -- which shouldn't be that big a chore, since the podcasts are all short, between 10 and 25 minutes...not a huge time commitment the way some podcasts are. Plus, right now a lot of people are looking for something to do....)

Release date: 05 Jun 2020

Chart debut: #26 (06 Jun 2020)

Highest Position: #19 (07 Jun 2020)

Most recent chart position: #72 (12 Jun 2020)

Days on US Podcasts Chart: 8

'The Hope We Hold' has charted in the following countries:
United States and Canada.

Detailed Chart Progress for "The Hope We Hold" (Jeremy Vuolo, Jinger Vuolo)

US Podcasts chart performance history for The Hope We Hold

Date       rank       movement 

6 Sat        26                new

7 Sun       19               up

8 Mon      19             no-move

9 Tue       22              down

10 Wed    34              down

11 Thu      49             down

12 Fri       72               down

Jun 13 through July 24 (ad infinitum?)    crickets 

http://www.itunescharts.net/us/artists/podcast/jeremy-vuolo-jinger-vuolo/podcasts/the-hope-we-hold/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 17
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

while they have  all those followers, the whopping majority of that huge number don't appear to be very interested in anything they actually do. 

Couples with the fact that nothing they talk about is remotely interesting or insightful.  The truly successful podcasts, video bloggers and influencers produce interesting, exciting content that draw in people over and over.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Everything they post or say is mind-numbingly boring.

763C2149-9C78-428B-A9EF-795EFDE2FBA0.jpeg

So, let's review: The guy who loves fancy-shmancy pocket squares also claims that toothpaste and other teeth/mouth-cleaning products are the way to his heart?

I suppose those products are one way to his heart if he doesn't spit them out...

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Couples with the fact that nothing they talk about is remotely interesting or insightful.  The truly successful podcasts, video bloggers and influencers produce interesting, exciting content that draw in people over and over.  

I look at Jeremy's instagram yesterday for another reason, and he doesn't link the podcast in the bio at all. It's a link to his Cameo, so I figured they had given it up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I look at Jeremy's instagram yesterday for another reason, and he doesn't link the podcast in the bio at all. It's a link to his Cameo, so I figured they had given it up.

Yeah, I'd've thought that, too, if I'd seen that.

Way to do the work of publicizing your content, Jer....That's your job if you want it to be worth anything to you or, especially, if you want somebody to hire or pay you because of it!

For a person with one business degree and part of another one, business seems to go right over his head....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

I misread and thought he bought those FOR Jinger. I was going to say she should smack him one upside the head for that. 

My husband buys most of his own toiletries. Every so often if I am going to the store he might as me to pick him up something. And we share things like toothpaste anyway. 

• Love 6

What is that thing in the corner? It's dental floss, toothpaste, mouthwash, and ...

Maybe he's copying his sister-in-law Jill, since she has more social media followers than him. Jill also usually posts about bonuses Derick buys like chocolate milk. Toothpaste is more a requirement than a bonus. And yes it's dumb to post these thing, even when it is a little perk. I've always thought that Jill posted about it, because as one of many children, she didn't get much individual attention from her parents. 

Also notice Jeremy stayed home while higher-risk (pregnant) Jinger went out to the store. 

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The podcast briefly charted on iTunes (chart shows top 100 podcasts) when it debuted on June 5 -- starting as #26 (a tribute to the long-lasting interest, positive and negative, that people have in the Duggars, Jer)......rose to #19 by June 7 (as more of the long-time Duggar-curious heard about it and their  our curiosity grew, probably)....

Then it dropped like a stone and was off the chart after the first week (last charted at #72 on June 12, and was off the chart by June 13). It hasn't reappeared. So I think it's likely that its listenership has just kept on dropping, considering what happened between June 8 and June 13. 

To be fair, the vast majority of podcasts never ever rise to a chart position at all, let alone start nearly in the top quarter of the chart as they did, of course. HOWEVER, the fact that this happened makes their subsequent performance even more of a disappointment to anybody who'd think of contracting with them for any kind of influencing or whatever, seems to me.

Because, unlike the vast majority of podcasts, they started with a potential audience of  well over a million -- a fair number of whom actually did tune in for their first and second outings....They were on the chart for both. But although they came in with a huge huge advantage -- a pre-formed potentially interested audience-- that audience lasted only a week... and it was dropping sharply for most of that time.  (does not look like the performance of a couple of breakout stars....or of people who actually have a really devoted, engaged fan base, as their social-media numbers suggest)

This will not impress any of the people you hope to impress, Jeremy. And you only get one chance to make a first impression. 

(To be fair, they may well be hovering somewhere just below the charting podcasts, of course....Hanging around the 150 to 200 mark or something. And if that's happening, then that certainly is strong compared to most podcasts. ......Nevertheless, when you come in with the giant social-media numbers they have, I still think more than that is likely expected of you....(What would mitigate that is if they dropped off at first but are now slowly climbing back up......so -- we'll see, I guess...)

I think that huge social-media number may be more of a curse to them than anything else, actually. Because it shows that, while they have  all those followers, the whopping majority of that huge number don't appear to be very interested in anything they actually do.  And if you're looking for an influencer, you want someone whose words and actions get people excited. Or at least excited enough to make it through the third or fourth podcast -- which shouldn't be that big a chore, since the podcasts are all short, between 10 and 25 minutes...not a huge time commitment the way some podcasts are. Plus, right now a lot of people are looking for something to do....)

Release date: 05 Jun 2020

Chart debut: #26 (06 Jun 2020)

Highest Position: #19 (07 Jun 2020)

Most recent chart position: #72 (12 Jun 2020)

Days on US Podcasts Chart: 8

'The Hope We Hold' has charted in the following countries:
United States and Canada.

Detailed Chart Progress for "The Hope We Hold" (Jeremy Vuolo, Jinger Vuolo)

US Podcasts chart performance history for The Hope We Hold

Date       rank       movement 

6 Sat        26                new

7 Sun       19               up

8 Mon      19             no-move

9 Tue       22              down

10 Wed    34              down

11 Thu      49             down

12 Fri       72               down

Jun 13 through July 24 (ad infinitum?)    crickets 

http://www.itunescharts.net/us/artists/podcast/jeremy-vuolo-jinger-vuolo/podcasts/the-hope-we-hold/

This is very informative and thanks for telling us. I'd figured it had bombed, but this is a pretty damning indictment of their "influencer potential."

And because of that, I started laughing like an unhinged maniac while reading this.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Also notice Jeremy stayed home while higher-risk (pregnant) Jinger went out to the store. 

I wonder if Jinger got to go by herself or if she had to take Prop with her? When my kids were very little I'd wait until my husband was home to go shopping so I didn't have to take them with me. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

This is very informative and thanks for telling us. I'd figured it had bombed, but this is a pretty damning indictment of their "influencer potential."

And because of that, I started while reading this.

so if they are realizing their influencer potential is not great, maybe that's why Jer needs fresher breath. he might actually have to go to a class or two or get a real job.

now I am laughing like an unhinged maniac because we all know neither of those is going to happen.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 12
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Sometimes I definitely think he's trolling his following.  I really hope he's not this dense.

Maybe he’ll show up one day with  pearly and obnoxiously huge teeth a la Pat Healy from There’s Something About Mary. 

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Someone on Reddit got one as a gift, just this past week. Apparently it was a week late and I believe they got their $15 back. Lotta work ethic for these yo-yos.

• LOL 9
On 7/23/2020 at 2:23 PM, BitterApple said:

My husband is 44 and looks younger than Jeremy. RFP is aging badly and rapidly.

And it couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. His midlife crisis may hit ten years earlier than usual once his "good looks" are gone. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6

Maybe JereMe is aging in dog years as he realizes with horror that his dreams of internet stardom are not meant to be and that he might have to get up off his ass and actually work. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Maybe I am missing something but I just looked at his Instagram and his bio does have a link to the Instagram page for the podcast (granted, that's not a link to the official website for it but it's still something).

Obviously said link could have been added in the last day or so, but that seems unlikely.

IMG_2721.jpg

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

No!

Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, which is pastored by influential theologian and author John MacArthur, announced Friday that it would continue holding in-person services, saying state mandates restricting worship are an overstep of government authority and thus they have no duty to follow them.

Pastor MacArthur argued in a blog post published on Friday that "government officials have no right to interfere in ecclesiastical matters in a way that undermines or disregards the God-given authority of pastors and elders."

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

No!

Translation: Passing that collection plate is more important than preventing the passing of a possibly fatal virus.  Remember when Jesus said the moneychangers in the temple were holier than the unwashed masses and didn't have to obey the law?  Me neither.

He also said this:

"As government policy moves further away from biblical principles, and as legal and political pressures against the church intensify, we must recognize that the Lord may be using these pressures as means of purging to reveal the true church,

As expected, he is claiming governmental persecution and he also seems to be saying that the virus is going to get rid of all the heretics so the true believers can rule so we need to let it do its thing.  OK, then.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 21