Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
31 minutes ago, graefin said:

They seem to have a problem generally matching their captions to their photos. This photo is clearly aiming to be more "authentic," likely in response to recent criticism, but ironically fails in its (as someone earlier pointed out) try-hardness.

Yeah, you're right. It's a pattern. 

8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The caption should say something like, Rom-com movie night! or On our way for pickles and ice cream!

Exactly! 

Or, "Strangely, I like him/her anyway..."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

JereME attempts mask humor. 

Is he whining or making fun of wearing a mask? I'm sick of people complaining about masks. Also it would slightly better if his date were wearing a mask. If they both had masks, Jeremy's mask would look like less of a prop.  

17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

🤮

This picture is also not funny. Get over yourself Jeremy, you're lucky to have her.  It's not that different from all of the pictures they took in the marriage where she's looking at him and he's looking into the distance. It might be funny if more of their relationship wasn't like this and this wasn't Jeremy prefers Jinger. Right now Jeremy looks like a total jerk to me (including the first photo).

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

From Jingles slop casseroles?

Since all of their cooking pics look so obviously fake and posed lately, I doubt she cooks anymore. Probably takeout food poisoning.

• LOL 10
22 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

I could live the rest of my life without hearing I love you to the moon and back ever again. Please. 

Thank you for saying so!  I think it’s dumb, too, although people in general seem to love the expression!

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Temperance said:

It might be funny if more of their relationship wasn't like this and this wasn't Jeremy prefers Jinger. Right now Jeremy looks like a total jerk to me (including the first photo).

Yeah, that's how it looks to me, too. Unfortunately, what Jer's got down pat is looking like a jerk and looking like a try-hard -- at the same time.

That's likely a problem for your influencer game, I would think. 

• Love 9

Brooks Brothers has applied for bankruptcy, Jeremy. You’ll have to find someone else to love and suck up to. I hear Hugo boss is looking to expand to the wannabe crowd.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Brooks Brothers has applied for bankruptcy, Jeremy. You’ll have to find someone else to love and suck up to. I hear Hugo boss is looking to expand to the wannabe crowd.

Do businesses sometimes file, but end up remaining open, long term?

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, this could be part of a re-structuring plan or another company could buy the Brooks Brothers name and keep it going.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes Brooks Brothers filed chapter 11, which is basically restructuring. They're getting permission to close stores and ditch some debt without being in default or violating their leases, in an attempt to lean down the company and emerge viable.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the "you're gone and never coming back" bankruptcy. Like Toys R Us, Borders, etc. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

He just oozes pretentiousness, doesn't he?  I'm starting to feel sorry for Jinjer.  That narcissist would make me crazy.

I mean, she dumped two narcissists for one. Maybe she feels a sense of relief?

Just kidding! Jim Bob and Michelle will never stop trying to control her life!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I mean, she dumped two narcissists for one. Maybe she feels a sense of relief?

that and she lives in a home without so many loud and feral children. howlers are now mostly grown, but the horde of grandkids at the TTH is just beginning.

I am sure she never cooks or eats the cream of slop casserole. I can hear Jer making fun of all things Duggar. the prairie dresses, the slop meals. that great eye-talian lasagna they made for him, the stink bus. I can just hear him doing voice over on the old shows

she has a much quieter life, eats better food, (or at least is pictured with better food) lives in a nice free home, has a nanny for 1 child.  Is she any happier?? who knows

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

He just oozes pretentiousness, doesn't he?  I'm starting to feel sorry for Jinjer.  That narcissist would make me crazy.

She must be used to it after JB and Jessa.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

This picture looks like something one of you found, posted it here, and said "I bet Jeremy would love this."

I'm gasping/amused at the fact this is something he actually posted this himself.

He's like a caricature of himself at this point. 

Pretentious and predictable! 

Haha I totally thought it was a parody at first too!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

OMG, who the fuck cares?

E49BF185-EDA2-4CD4-99C4-964C1532EA31.jpeg

Ugh! The idea that people are so interested in you that you’d make a quiz about yourself for the masses! Wow. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
56 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

OMG, who the fuck cares?

E49BF185-EDA2-4CD4-99C4-964C1532EA31.jpeg

Well, it does have one distinction. It's the stupidest "game" I've ever seen. 

But I think I'd be asking too much of a Duggar if I expected Jingle to have any imagination.....or not to be so self-absorbed and terminally boring that she thinks people want to spend time guessing whether she likes mayonnaise better than ketchup.

She's just being true to her genetics and upbringing, I think. So ... hard to blame her.  Still the stupidest game ever, though. 

• Love 11

Pocket squares and condiments. They have to be trolling us. Us here at Primetimer.

Right?

BTW, I like at least double ply, super sized rolls of TP. In case you're wondering.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

that and she lives in a home without so many loud and feral children. howlers are now mostly grown, but the horde of grandkids at the TTH is just beginning.

I am sure she never cooks or eats the cream of slop casserole. I can hear Jer making fun of all things Duggar. the prairie dresses, the slop meals. that great eye-talian lasagna they made for him, the stink bus. I can just hear him doing voice over on the old shows

she has a much quieter life, eats better food, (or at least is pictured with better food) lives in a nice free home, has a nanny for 1 child.  Is she any happier?? who knows

This is what makes me really wonder how things would have gone if Jessa and Jeremy had married instead. Jessa seems to have doubled down on her family’s ways, and seems thrilled to be willfully ignorant. Would she have been that way with Jeremy? I could see several different possibilities. She might have ditched their lifestyle in half a second to look glamorous, and gotten a kick out of being pretentious and superior in exactly the way he is. However, I could also see her insisting that the Duggar way was right, and fighting like cats and dogs with Jeremy over a tater tot casserole vs. salmon and asparagus, or wanting to wear a stretched out t-shirt when Jeremy has a business suit picked out for her. It’s been an interesting social experiment to see the results of Jeremy having a totally blank slate wife. I wonder if Jessa would have been that way, or if she would have fought to remain her breed of ignorant. She seemed to realize what a joke her family was before marriage, and IMO has doubled down since counting on started to keep the show, but who knows?

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Someone on reddit said that the condiment poll would be something her 13 year old would do.

lol, my 13 yr old actually does do that!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Someone on reddit said that the condiment poll would be something her 13 year old would do.

For her school friends and they'd make one, also, and everyone would giggle and think they're so cool.

The problem is, Jinger is immature, doesn't seem to have any actual friends, and has been brought up to believe that her loving fans are interested in the minutia of her boring life. In 15 years, when she's emotionally 30 she's going to cringe at all the stupid stuff she posted when she was in LA. 

@Christina87, I think Jessa would do a better job than Jinger at playing influencer because she has an actual personality. I'm pretty sure that as long as she was living better with Jeremy than in the TTH she would bow to her new headship and toss the frumpy mommy outfits she currently wears.

But, I don't think Jeremy would be as happy because Jessa isn't wired to admire anyone but herself. Jinger does a much better job at being Jeremy's adoring sidekick.

Edited by Nysha
To answer Christina87's question about Jessa/Jeremy.
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Not sure if she actually bought the jacket with her own money, but pretty sure that the shopping trip is a TLC fabricated storyline.

Absolutely and happened well before the pandemic.  TLC is the one not being sensitive by airing it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Man, just when I think they’ve hit bottom...Rodeo Drive? Shopping? $300 jackets? In the middle of a pandemic and record unemployment???

No masks. No empathy. No clue.

Not to mention the photos that show both Jinger and Jana committing major crimes of fashion in baggy tops and droopy skirts.  They both need to get back into their comfort zones ASAP.  Jinger's jacket is cute; I have a similar one that cost less than half of hers. As noted above, though, this trip was probably filmed before lockdown, not that TLC will mention that since they don't want us to realize that this stuff is from ancient times.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3

It would have been much more interesting on "on brand" if Jinger and Jana went out shopping at the thrift stores in LA.  It makes me seriously wonder if Jermy Volo has his hand in this and insists that they feature them doing more upscale and affluent things which emphasize  their new upper crust image.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It would have been much more interesting on "on brand" if Jinger and Jana went out shopping at the thrift stores in LA.

Even upscale consignment or resale stores would have been more interesting and relatable. 

I also think Jeremy probably had a hand in the store selection. There is no way he is going to allow Jinger to do anything that alludes back to her poverty-stricken childhood.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I will walk it back a tiny bit. But TLC? Really?

And who’s watching this garbage, anyway? 

🙋🏽‍♀️, although I'm not sure why.

• LOL 10