Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

ranslation: Passing that collection plate is more important than preventing the passing of a possibly fatal virus

“Jeremy, spray this pile of cash with Lysol and count it!” 

But seriously, MacArthur looks fairly old, I’ll be a little bit nervous breathing the air in that sanctuary if I were him.

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

But seriously, MacArthur looks fairly old, I’ll be a little bit nervous breathing the air in that sanctuary if I were him.

"Use your pocket square for gloves when you touch the cash before Lysoling it!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

No!

How long will it take for Jer and Jing .... current favorite acolytes ..... to post a current picture of attending a church service after this screed?  

Jer can only play on both sides so long!

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

How long will it take for Jer and Jing .... current favorite acolytes ..... to post a current picture of attending a church service after this screed?  

Jer can only play on both sides so long!

Given the sort of mocking pics he's posted on Instagram about masks and the fact he and his pregnant wife traveled out of state to meet her family (who was coming from a virus hotspot), I think Jer and Jingle will be there with bells on. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

Given the sort of mocking pics he's posted on Instagram about masks and the fact he and his pregnant wife traveled out of state to meet her family (who was coming from a virus hotspot), I think Jer and Jingle will be there with bells on. 

I want pics.  LOL!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, he's at least 80. 

I guess he thinks he's such a favorite of the correct Jesus that he's protected....

• Love 2

Did they learn a lesson from advertising the signers of the last terrible petition they did? I tried to see who signed the petition, but it would only give you the option of signing it. Fat chance, shitbag. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I just noticed there is a box you can select to agree to having name publicized, so I guess a lesson wasn't learned. But I still can't find a way to see who signed it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

I just noticed there is a box you can select to agree to having name publicized, so I guess a lesson wasn't learned. But I still can't find a way to see who signed it. 

I couldn't either. I did, however, start reading the comments, but man, some of those people are delusional. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I couldn't either. I did, however, start reading the comments, but man, some of those people are delusional. 

Yeah I didn't last long in that comment section either.

zGHQb4O.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Maybe I am missing something but I just looked at his Instagram and his bio does have a link to the Instagram page for the podcast (granted, that's not a link to the official website for it but it's still something).

Obviously said link could have been added in the last day or so, but that seems unlikely.

IMG_2721.jpg

I thought the contact read Aaron from the grift shoppe!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, he's at least 80. 

I guess he thinks he's such a favorite of the correct Jesus that he's protected....

Lie long enough and you start believing them yourself. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Absolom said:

I bought Lysol last week.  Normal price at Target.

I wish these churches wouldn't keep challenging the virus.  The virus is going to win.  

Wow I haven’t seen Lysol in a store since March. Only on the street lol

What stinks is Jeremys feet he doesn’t wear socks 🤢 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

There is no Lysol, wipes or spray, to be had in any of our stores. Not even the generic brands. Last spring, when I realized there were no disinfectant cleaners or bleach, I resorted to Clorox toilet bowl cleaner. I may never go back to spray bleach cleaners again. It did what actual bleach never has, cleaned the grey from the bottom of my 50-year-old tub. No matter what I scrubbed it with, the grey always stayed. Now it looks pretty pristine.

• Useful 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wipes are difficult to get here.  They were shown as in stock at Target and gone by the time I got there.  That was just the generic store wipes at that.  They're still only one per customer trying to let more people have a chance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Drop out? Commit seppuku?

He'll ceremonially burn all his pocket squares, and a vision of his next social media persona will rise out of the ashes, like an influencer phoenix. 

• LOL 15
37 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

If McArthur dies from COVID what will Jerry do?

Quickly determine to try to leap over the couple dozen other guys who'll be brawling for the throne.

Realize, slightly more slowly, that he's got no chance to win because he just keeps getting elbowed in the eye.

Scan the brawlers to see who looks like he'll come out the winner, rush to that guy and turn on his sucking-up apparatus full blast. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

He'll ceremonially burn all his pocket squares, and a vision of his next social media persona will rise out of the ashes, like an influencer phoenix. 

Dead 

Will he also burn all his fancy shoes?

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

Dead 

Will he also burn all his fancy shoes?

I don't know. That might smell worse than burning the pocket squares. LOL

3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Quickly determine to try to leap over the couple dozen other guys who'll be brawling for the throne.

Realize, slightly more slowly, that he's got no chance to win because he just keeps getting elbowed in the eye.

Scan the brawlers to see who looks like he'll come out the winner, rush to that guy and turn on his sucking-up apparatus full blast. 

Yes ass-kissing is his default mode. I could see that brief moment of delusions of grandeur before the realization that he'd have to, you know, work. Then he'd be all over the next successor. 

• Love 11

I can’t believe I had high hopes for J and J. They turned out to be lazy grifters who refuse to get jobs to support themselves. Sigh. At least Boob will probably support them anyway other wise they would be homeless.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 7/23/2020 at 8:19 PM, JoanArc said:

Oh, and his inflections are the definition of pretentious. Punchable faces are a thing, is there such a thing as a gagable voice?

There is indeed such a thing, as I discovered after watching approximately five minutes of the Bachelor Pad episode of Counting On.  I haven't watched the show in years but this forum made me curious to tune in.  After listening to riveting ruminations on how to pick red apples, the benefits of infant swimming lessons and how to re-gift abandoned roadside plastic furniture, I wanted to punch pretty much every face that spoke.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:51 PM, 3 is enough said:

I don't get it.  I do the grocery shopping in my house, so if my husband needs toothpaste and other toiletry items I buy them for him.

Does this mean I have been buying him "just because" GIFTS for 40 years?  Who would have thought?

Well!  I think what this means is that my husband owes me a HUGE gift in return, like a new car, or a new house, or my own island!

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Um...what? Like poppers????

I was half joking. I couldn’t tell what is in the bottles, but they look medicinal? Definitely not white out.  The one on the left may be Benadryl.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I was half joking. I couldn’t tell what is in the bottles, but they look medicinal? Definitely not white out.  The one on the left may be Benadryl.

Can’t decide if glad or sad that it’s not true...

• LOL 6
(edited)

The bottles on the desk look like they contain some sort of liquid. I spy a big vinyl record of Kanye's album Jesus Is King on the bookshelf. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The bottles on the desk look like they contain some sort of liquid. I spy a big vinyl record of Kanye's album Jesus Is King on the bookshelf. 

Reddit identified the bottles as essential oils, which makes sense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/26/2020 at 8:09 PM, fonfereksglen said:

Voir la traduction!  Tres chic.  

Haha yeah I think the fact there was some French in there didn't really register until I attached my screenshot (my first language is French but also living and working in a bilingual environment it just becomes normal to see both languages together) but I figured I'd leave it as is 🙂

Topic? Jeremy is a pretentious bore but I am curious as to how long he will actually commit to that podcast thing.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Topic? Jeremy is a pretentious bore but I am curious as to how long he will actually commit to that podcast thing.

My bet is he will quietly drop the podcast well before the end of the year and act like it never happened.

I think Jeremy is one of those people who might have an almost pathological desire to be liked. As thirsty as he is for fame, I don't think he's one of those "any attention is good attention" people. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he's taken the implosion of all his influencer gigs badly and that it genuinely hurts his feelings every time it all goes to shit on him.

I could see the podcast being something he initially thought nobody could take away from him due to boycotts, but I don't think he has the mental toughness to tolerate his podcast being a non-entity or the work ethic (and business sense) to stick with it and make it a success. He seems to have been a pretty mediocre and apathetic preacher in Laredo, but I don't remember him embarrassing himself this badly on any occasion and he still lost interest pretty fast. I think failing on a larger stage isn't something he can actually handle, so he'd rather just drop it and hope nobody notices before he moves on to his next gambit. 

• Love 21