Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

He has a new InstaStory up.  He’s cut his hair.

Oh my GOSH I HOPE I'M NOT TOO LATE TO SEE IT 

14 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Blooming orchid over the MacBook Pro, amyl nitrate on the desk, backwards baseball cap (worn indoors), douche hand position, Wife/cohost nowhere in sight.

The placement of the Kanye album is perfection.  How much time do we think it took him to craft this perfect setup?  I'm going to go with 90 minutes.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I could see the podcast being something he initially thought nobody could take away from him due to boycotts, but I don't think he has the mental toughness to tolerate his podcast being a non-entity or the work ethic (and business sense) to stick with it and make it a success.

The reviews are hilarious, the negative ones almost all say he’s pretentious and condescending and they want to hear from Jinger more! 

So he’s the “headship” but she is the only reason they can grift and have fans. He’s useless without her no matter how much he controls or talks over her. 

So I see it failing because he can’t handle people wanting her, and his ego can’t handle taking a back seat to her. He’s thirsty and it’s sad for jingle.

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

The reviews are hilarious, the negative ones almost all say he’s pretentious and condescending and they want to hear from Jinger more! 

I find this particularly delicious since it's a preaching podcast that seems intended for listeners of all ages and sexes.......And here's Jer avidly representing a church whose men pontificate at length about how women must never ever ever put themselves in the position of teaching or preaching to men. God just doesn't send that kind of message to humanity through women, say MacArthur and all his disciples. 

Guess your audience doesn't agree with your guru about God's cast-in-stone sex roles, Jer. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

So he’s the “headship” but she is the only reason they can grift and have fans. He’s useless without her no matter how much he controls or talks over her. 

So I see it failing because he can’t handle people wanting her, and his ego can’t handle taking a back seat to her. He’s thirsty and it’s sad for jingle.

Hehe that is great! I think Jeremy has a real complex about the fact that the only reason he's famous is his wife and her family. Without them, he's just a washed-up former athlete and a mediocre pastor in training. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 23

you know Jer just mocks most all things Duggar. you can see it in how he dresses, the restaurants/food, housing. He feels superior.

yet people who listen to the podcast are fans of the show and Jinger. I doubt Jer has any audience that did not come from followers of the show.

• Love 14

Well, getting a guest for the podcast was smart.....They should have started with guests. Not a whole lot of people can sustain podcasts just blathering along by themselves. 

Hoping it was JIngle's idea to get the guest. 😁

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

what happened to the Dodgers mask he posed with? he is shown carrying the plain blue one from home and wearing that during the haircut.

What he should do is get Jing to fashion all those sad dusty pocket squares into monogrammed face masks so he can still strut his pretentious stuff around town.

42 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

That greasy hairline.  

I am somewhat stunned that he allowed that particular picture to be published.  Seems like Jinger could have at least snapped him from the front, where the desperately receding hairline might not have been the focal point.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am somewhat stunned that he allowed that particular picture to be published.  Seems like Jinger could have at least snapped him from the front, where the desperately receding hairline might not have been the focal point.

His hands. We're all supposed to be mesmerized by his intellectual looking gesture.

• LOL 17

Oy vey.  When we are not in pandemic I go to Pigtails & Crewcuts for my simple haircut.  $26.00.  Jeremy would probably get the same haircut there.  If the franchise is that far west.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

The ones in California are closed.  Jeremy had to go to someone willing to do an outdoor cut.  All indoor hair salons are closed  in southern California and most of the rest of the state.

• Useful 11
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Oy vey.  When we are not in pandemic I go to Pigtails & Crewcuts for my simple haircut.  $26.00.  Jeremy would probably get the same haircut there.  If the franchise is that far west.

I don't know that chain, but back when I wore my hair short, I would go to...what was it? The Haircuttery, or something, for a cut that cost about $12 with a wash. These days, I splurge a bit and do spend about $80 for a Deva cut, but my hair is longer, so it really only needs to be refreshed once every 6 months or so. I had one in late January, and am thinking I'll probably venture out again one of these days, Then again, a DIY version seems to be pretty forgiving, and I went the previous two years just doing those...

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have a hard time saying anything about anyone's hair.  All the women in my family have bad hair.  My aunts were almost bald, as is my mother. My hair is very, very fine and thin.  Not baby hair, more like toddler hair.  I also don't have a problem with a man's receding hair line.  It is what it is.  Jeremy seems secure with it--at least he posts pictures as he is.  There are some things you just don't have any control over.  Behavior is one thing, but physical traits are totally different.

That's a fair point. It's true men can't help a receding hairline, and I don't think it automatically makes someone unattractive. I know a lot of guys who still look very handsome despite that.

The main thing that stood out to me in that picture (and someone else pointed it out earlier) was how greasy his hair looked. And usually I am sympathetic to that because I have the oiliest of oily hair and skin. (Like, my brother has joked more than once that my hair and face could be used to professionally grease kitchen pans. Thanks, Brother Dearest Who's Always Had Maddeningly Perfect Hair and Skin Oil Levels.) It's just not a flattering picture for many reasons, and I think his receding hairline is the least of it. It baffles me that they picked that for marketing purposes. Was that really the best or only picture they took during the recording session--or while Jeremy posed and pretended to record?

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6

What strikes me are his recording locations. The podcasters I listen to are recording in closets or otherwise trying to keep the sound from bouncing around. Jeremy and Jinger just plop a mic down wherever they are. They don’t need to add audio issues to their already long list of problems with their podcast.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

What strikes me are his recording locations. The podcasters I listen to are recording in closets or otherwise trying to keep the sound from bouncing around. Jeremy and Jinger just plop a mic down wherever they are. They don’t need to add audio issues to their already long list of problems with their podcast.

They are Duggar’s they saw someone do a podcast once now they are experts. 🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

And Jinger meanwhile looks pretty good. I'm probably biased because I used to have a dress like that (except it was purple) and I loved that dress--the only dress I ever liked wearing--but I think she looks nice in that pic. Maybe she's like some sort of vampire and is hosting off Jeremy. 😉 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
(edited)

Watching The Thin Man on TCM.  JerJer's current hairdoooo makes him look like a very, very poor man's Ben Mankiewicz.  Though tonight, Ben's black and white pocket square was absolutely perfection!

Edited by fonfereksglen
Spelling, as usual.
  • Love 4
On 7/28/2020 at 4:58 PM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

If you're hairline is THAT screwed up, why would you take a photo of that side of your face? Is that his "good" side? Is this AFTER the haircut? His hair looks a MESS!

My husband has stick straight hair but he has that hairline. I kid him all the time about it. He is 50 though so it could be worse. 

• Love 2

That clip is from an instagram live. Felicity wanted Jeremy's phone to watch a video while Jinjer wanted to hawk their podcast.  Jeremy gave Jinger his phone to talk about the interview they did while he got a video set up for Felicity on another device. She was fine after that and said goodbye when Jinjer was done with their spiel.  

Felicity was just being a normal toddler who wanted screen time. From what I've seen, she loves and is comfortable with both of her parents.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12