Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, this is pretty useless.

“ wake up, piss, drink water, shit, shower, shave, and take a badly composed selfie for Insta. It’s a living! “

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Oh, Jinger. You are not an influencer. You can try all you like but it's pretty sad and transparent. Real influencers are naturally charming and engaging and make you want to learn more about their lives and what they like and buy.

• Love 19

She's wearing the same dress as her previous photo with JereME to advertise the podcast, so I'm trying to picture the photoshoot. "Okay, look at the camera in front of a giant microphone. Great! Now drink a glass of water behind a plant. Great work!" Like what's next? 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

I just read about Jeremy's prior arrest and partying on People.com. That explains why he is so smug. The born-agains are always the worst. After being bad, they double-down on being judgemental and entitled. And I agree with other people who say he's very controlling. Part of moving to Los Angeles was isolating Jinger from her family, in my opinion. Jeremy is Jim Bob 2.0 in a more trendy package.

• Love 22
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, this is pretty useless.

I wonder if she knows or suspects that, as "influencers," she and Jer have absolutely no idea what they're doing and have not a single useful talent or skill relevant to succeeding at it. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder if she knows or suspects that, as "influencers," she and Jer have absolutely no idea what they're doing and have not a single useful talent or skill relevant to succeeding at it. 

Uhm. No.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

So him being arrested is what changed him? Imagine if he was never arrested we wouldn’t even know this guy. 
It does make me sad for Jinger and the Duggars though he was allowed to be a “normal” teenager go to college, parties, drink, play soccer, travel. The Duggars weren’t allowed to do any of that except travel but with each other and they still looked down there nose at everyone. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

She grew up Duggar.  How much more useful, talented or relevant could anyone possibly need to be?

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

She's wearing the same dress as her previous photo with JereME to advertise the podcast, so I'm trying to picture the photoshoot. "Okay, look at the camera in front of a giant microphone. Great! Now drink a glass of water behind a plant. Great work!" Like what's next? 

And isn’t she actually left handed? But is drinking water with her right hand in the pic?

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And isn’t she actually left handed? But is drinking water with her right hand in the pic?

Out of curiosity I just tried doing that myself with the drink sitting in front of me and it felt so awkward and unnatural to me. Grabbing a drink(or anything else) is such a natural movement I can not imagine doing it with my right hand.

(not saying my right hand is a dead weight because it does things my left one can't, like for some reason I can not put sprinkles on anything with my left hand unless it's in a shaker)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Apologies is this has already been explained, but what was Jeremy arrested for?

the People link only said "harassing a police officer" and that once arrested his blood alcohol level was found to be above the level of intoxication (it gave the percent, I just don't remember what it was).  My guess is that he was drunk in public, maybe at a party, and the police came and he was mouthing off to them when they started questioning him. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Out of curiosity I just tried doing that myself with the drink sitting in front of me and it felt so awkward and unnatural to me. Grabbing a drink(or anything else) is such a natural movement I can not imagine doing it with my right hand.

(not saying my right hand is a dead weight because it does things my left one can't, like for some reason I can not put sprinkles on anything with my left hand unless it's in a shaker)

Well, this probably has no relation to the truth -- like maybe the picture's reversed or something! -- but It's possible that some circumstance just made her get used to it.  

I once felt that way about my left hand and glasses of water and cups of coffee......But in my current furniture layout, both my bedside table and the pick-up-a-drink-while-avoiding-the=computer table by my desk have to be on my left side to get the furniture layout to work.

At first I kept twisting my body all the way around to grab my drinks. But that got old fast, so I started nervously drinking with my left hand......And after a while it got to be completely natural. 

So....maybe it's Jingle's furniture layout in LA. I mean, Jer probably worked that out, so he wouldn't have paid any attention to which hand she had to drink with......Or Jingle's kinda ambidextrous. 😁

EMLTA: Also, Jingle's a left-handed pianist. And that does tend to make you a little ambidextrous, since so much piano music asks for much more flexibility from the right hand than from the left. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

This is my favorite part: '“In recent days, God has made it overwhelmingly clear to us that he is leading us out of Laredo. Through much prayer and counsel, the next step for our family is to relocate to Los Angeles....” they told PEOPLE in an exclusive statement.'

I'm sure everyone who remains in Laredo is flattered and grateful to their ex-pastor/ex-neighbor for this, um, unwittingly? totally tone-deaf insulting remark. 

Also, does this mean Jer had to part the Red Sea? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11
49 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

This is my favorite part: '“In recent days, God has made it overwhelmingly clear to us that he is leading us out of Laredo. Through much prayer and counsel, the next step for our family is to relocate to Los Angeles....” they told PEOPLE in an exclusive statement.'

I'm sure everyone who remains in Laredo is flattered and grateful to their ex-pastor/ex-neighbor for this, um, unwittingly? totally tone-deaf insulting remark. 

Also, does this mean Jer had to part the Red Sea? 

pillar of cloud by day, pillar of fire by night?

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Michelle also got to be a mostly normal teenager, but she stole that opportunity from her own children. And it's not even about the drinking or the parties. Even the opportunity to be a normal mainstream Christian would have been healthier for the Duggar children. Jeremy got to go to college. I can't wait to see if they enroll Felicity in school. None of the Duggar kids even got to be on a baseball team or go to dance class.

And what Jinger describes as her normal day IS a lazy day. And that picture is like something you find in a Metamucil advertisement. Hysterical.

What was stolen from them is any opportunity to be exposed to other ideas about how to live, even living in faith as a Christian not according to JB's ideas.  Anything that strayed from JB's plans was inculcated negatively as sinful, dangerous, harmful.  He never afforded his children the opportunity to do as he has done, determine their preferred lifestyle after considering the options and establishing their future as they choose.    

• Love 13

I think with Jeremy, Derick and JillR, (probably all of them) their praying is like looking for information to defend your side. If you look hard enough, or twist the facts enough, you'll find what you're looking for. Like God leading you out of Laredo, into law school and even to the GOOD Olive Garden.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Y'all know I hate what these people stand for.  But I just tested if I could drink my wine with my non dominant hand. Lucky for me, I can.  

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

My husband’s grandma was left handed but used her right hand to eat. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by SMama
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

My husband’s grandma was left handed but use her right hand to eat. 🤷‍♀️

My husband is mostly left handed, but he randomly eats with either hand. I'm lefty, and I eat solely lefty. As for the glass thing, righty. Go figure.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think with Jeremy, Derick and JillR, (probably all of them) their praying is like looking for information to defend your side. If you look hard enough, or twist the facts enough, you'll find what you're looking for. Like God leading you out of Laredo, into law school and even to the GOOD Olive Garden.

I expect you're right about "probably all of them." Or maybe "all or very nearly all of them," to give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

I only take religious arguments seriously when they come from people whose deities sometimes firmly prescribe things that the speakers don't want. (and not just things the speakers pretend they don't want). ... It sharply limits -- but, I'm happy to say -- doesn't snuff out entirely the number of religious arguments I need to take seriously. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

My husband is mostly left handed, but he randomly eats with either hand. I'm lefty, and I eat solely lefty. As for the glass thing, righty. Go figure.

That’s cool that you and your husband are left handed. I find lefties to be rather witty and insightful. My daughter is a lefty for everything.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I'm a lefty....but because of how I was taught a few things,  I cut with scissors, bat and golf right handed...I don't think one can judge a pic by handedness criteria.

That pic of Jinger has a Duchess of Cambridge vibe IMO.

Edited because autocorrect hates me

Edited by asuwur
  • Love 6

I'm a lefty who does some things right-handed because I was forced to as a child. (Thanks for nothing, Mom.) I have a lot of other lefties in the family--including a brother and my dad--and I really think there is such a wide variety in which hand lefties use to do certain tasks. It is endlessly fascinating to me. 

But for that reason, it doesn't strike me as all that odd that she is drinking water with her non-dominant hand. She may have actually started to drink it left handed and they realized the plant was blocking the shot. 🤷‍♀️

All that being said, try walking with your dominant hand in your pocket and the other one not. It's freaky as fuck. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

I'm a lefty who does some things right-handed because I was forced to as a child. 

I am left handed, but I work the computer mouse with my right hand because that is how I learned to do it.

Do we know what Jeremy's long-term career plan is? I can't imagine he wants to go back to Arkansas. He strikes me as someone who wants to be famous as a mainstream conservative. You aren't going to get that living in the Duggar compound, or anywhere in Arkansas. There are trendier southern locations though. If he's going to be a pastor, they can't afford to stay in California unless Jinger gets a lot better at the influencer pictures. I have a feeling that Jeremy is finding out that being tied to a Duggar is not the windfall he thought it would be. Jinger has been turned down for multiple advertising/promotion gigs because of her family's beliefs and past statements. But she's still way prettier than Jeremy would be able to snag under normal circumstances.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I am left handed, but I work the computer mouse with my right hand because that is how I learned to do it.

Do we know what Jeremy's long-term career plan is? I can't imagine he wants to go back to Arkansas. He strikes me as someone who wants to be famous as a mainstream conservative. You aren't going to get that living in the Duggar compound, or anywhere in Arkansas. There are trendier southern locations though. If he's going to be a pastor, they can't afford to stay in California unless Jinger gets a lot better at the influencer pictures. I have a feeling that Jeremy is finding out that being tied to a Duggar is not the windfall he thought it would be. Jinger has been turned down for multiple advertising/promotion gigs because of her family's beliefs and past statements. But she's still way prettier than Jeremy would be able to snag under normal circumstances.

I think Jeremy's career plan is to become a widely known fundy preacher like his mentor, MacArthur.  I don't think he has any intention of moving anywhere that is not a media center.  I think they're in LA to stay and Jeremy is hoping to be offered a job as one of MacArthur's minions and hopefully, successor, after he is finished.  He thinks he is destined for great things. I don't, but he does.

No way they return to Laredo or Podunk, Arkansas.  I could see them maybe relocating to NYC/East Coast since Jer's parents are in Philly.  I don't think Jer has any plans to join his father's church or succeed him because his dad is not wealthy enough to support the lifestyle that Jeremy wants.  And, Jim Bob is wealthy enough, but would require total control of Jer and Jing if they were to return; so that is not likely, either.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I can't imagine he wants to go back to Arkansas.

Jeremy won't be "going back to Arkansas."  He's never lived there.  I can see him taking his family to be near his parents or grandparents if they can't find a way to make it in California.  He has at least until next spring in school and then we can see if he gets put on as a junior pastor in some form at their church.  I sort of expect that's what is going to happen.

• Love 16
On 8/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, Kellyee said:

Michelle also got to be a mostly normal teenager, but she stole that opportunity from her own children. And it's not even about the drinking or the parties. Even the opportunity to be a normal mainstream Christian would have been healthier for the Duggar children. Jeremy got to go to college. I can't wait to see if they enroll Felicity in school. None of the Duggar kids even got to be on a baseball team or go to dance class.

And what Jinger describes as her normal day IS a lazy day. And that picture is like something you find in a Metamucil advertisement. Hysterical.

This! This is why Jinger won’t succeed. Due to no fault of her own, she has no clue what a normal day is for most people. She has never even attended a day of school, seen a parent go to a full-time job, or seen Jeremy do much work as a VERY part-time pastor. She has no clue that what she considers a hard, stressful day is a lazy day to most, and that her “goals” are jokes. 

it’s sad that she doesn’t have a wider perspective, too. I definitely feel myself getting like that in the summer too, as a teacher. After several days of lounging, doing housework becomes harder, and any day I actually have to go somewhere, like a doctor’s appointment, seems like a busy day. The difference is that I acknowledge how silly that is, laugh, and feel grateful that I do get a little bit of time to rest in my career. I don’t go on Instagram and be like, “woe is me. I have to go to the eye doctor and vacuum in the same day. I need to set some more goals!”

3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Please don’t let Charlotte be trendy enough for them!

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
On 8/3/2020 at 3:16 PM, ginger90 said:

In the future......Felicity, draw a picture of mommy.......

Unfortunately, that's going to be the main parent portrait for this generation of U.S. children. And will continue until scientists figure out how to embed a computer into our brains.

• LOL 7
27 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Unfortunately, that's going to be the main parent portrait for this generation of U.S. children. And will continue until scientists figure out how to embed a computer into our brains.

How times have changed. My husband went through a period of time when he was working about 60 hours a week. One of my kids was around a year old. If you asked her where daddy was, she'd point to a (old school) phone.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

How times have changed. My husband went through a period of time when he was working about 60 hours a week. One of my kids was around a year old. If you asked her where daddy was, she'd point to a (old school) phone.

When I was small my dad worked long hours, getting home sometimes at 10pm. My mom would keep me up so I could spend a little bit of time with him. It also benefited her as I would then sleep later and so could she! 

• Love 7

The latest pic of Felicity with the flowers is adorable.

Funny how the photos Jinger & Baaaaabe take of her look like greeting card photos, and the ones Jill & Jessa take of their kids look like public service ads for subsidized county family services.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Anyone willing to take one for the team? I'm a hard psss. 

I would 99% end up throwing things. Stay in your lane, Jinger! Let us people who are single long-term be the experts on it, and you stick to giving out (barf) marriage advice to super fundie couples. 

• Love 18
59 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

ok, as a single 32-year-old with many past relationships, this makes me want to barf! Wtf could Jinger possibly have to say to me that would be such “wisdom?” I hate how people like that suddenly become experts on everything once they get married! They are NOT experts on living the single life, lol! I bet Jinger will make her year or two as a biological adult before marriage sound like a 20 year wait. 

Especially since most people didn't have parents not allowing her to marry or being alone with a guy until after the wedding, after he completed a stupid questionnaire and approved by daddy. Jinger's relationship and none before Jeremy was dictated by her parents not by her. But yeah Jinger can give advice.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

Funny how the photos Jinger & Baaaaabe take of her look like greeting card photos, and the ones Jill & Jessa take of their kids look like public service ads for subsidized county family services.  

A lot of the pictures of Felicity are poised and shot by someone besides Jer & Jing. 

• Love 11