Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I will walk it back a tiny bit. But TLC? Really?

And who’s watching this garbage, anyway? 

🙋🏽‍♀️, although I'm not sure why.

It's your gift to the rest of us. Someone has to watch and bring back the snark. I am grateful that you're willing to take one for the team!😁😋

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

It would have been much more interesting on "on brand" if Jinger and Jana went out shopping at the thrift stores in LA.  It makes me seriously wonder if Jermy Volo has his hand in this and insists that they feature them doing more upscale and affluent things which emphasize  their new upper crust image.

Exactly. And I’ve found a bunch of great pieces in LA Goodwills. 
Apparently the shop they were in was the one from Pretty Woman. Would they even get the reference?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

See, now even I would enjoy a vicarious search through upscale resale stores in LA.

Shallow arrogant pretentious city mouse takes unwed loser country mouse to Rodeo Drive is wrong on about eight levels, especially now.

That’s so funny! “City Mouse” and “Country Mouse.” That’s who they are!

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Man, just when I think they’ve hit bottom...Rodeo Drive? Shopping? $300 jackets? In the middle of a pandemic and record unemployment???

No masks. No empathy. No clue.

This was filmed last October when the Duggars visited LA.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Apparently people like to watch stuff on television that makes their own lives look meaningful and exciting by comparison? 

Which explains the Kartrashians too. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I don't watch the show, only read about it and the "characters" here.  But if I did, I would prefer watching people shop in a upscale store than a thrift shop.  The thing is that reality TV is not at all real and they are just as much characters as any other scripted show.  Sadly, they are real people under all that contrived bullshit.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I totally read that as "What's your favorite commandment?", then spent an entire minute looking back and forth, going, "whaaa....?"

That's so much better!  

• Love 6

That's really sad. A little girl should not think her style is ugly. She probably sees other normally dressed kids walking around Silver Dollar City, or Walmart or wherever, and sees how nicely they are dressed, i.e., not in layers and layers of worn, faded, and ill-fitting clothing.  Poor kid.  

24 minutes ago, zenme said:

That's really sad. A little girl should not think her style is ugly. She probably sees other normally dressed kids walking around Silver Dollar City, or Walmart or wherever, and sees how nicely they are dressed, i.e., not in layers and layers of worn, faded, and ill-fitting clothing.  Poor kid.  

It reminded me of when my dad made me wear Goodwill clothes.  It didn’t even matter if they were boys or girls, cheap was the word.  I knew they were ugly and so did the other kids.  The only saving grace for Josie is that the only other kids she knows are also in those clothes, but then again they have millions of people watching and critiquing. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

It reminded me of when my dad made me wear Goodwill clothes.  It didn’t even matter if they were boys or girls, cheap was the word.  I knew they were ugly and so did the other kids.  The only saving grace for Josie is that the only other kids she knows are also in those clothes, but then again they have millions of people watching and critiquing. 

I'm sorry, Spencer Hastings. Sometimes these things can actually be traumatizing.  

At 10, she's obviously at an age where she notices these things and cares about how she looks.  What bothers me is that her father is a millionaire.  Ok, I get not wanting to spend top dollar on clothing when kids wear out of them quickly, but you can at least shop for items that are not as worn, or perhaps even from this decade.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, zenme said:

At 10, she's obviously at an age where she notices these things and cares about how she looks.  What bothers me is that her father is a millionaire.  Ok, I get not wanting to spend top dollar on clothing when kids wear out of them quickly, but you can at least shop for items that are not as worn, or perhaps even from this decade.  

She's probably still in children's sizes and Walmart was selling cute leggings and t-shirts for $3 - $5 dollars a couple of weeks ago. A little girl's jumper dress or skirt is a cinch to sew. Getting solid colored material to match the leggings and the tight bastard could have her outfitted for a week's worth of summer clothes for less than $100. If they'd let the poor child wear shorts instead of dresses with leggings it would be even less.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, zenme said:

That's really sad. A little girl should not think her style is ugly.

It's very telling.  Someone has to have said something to her to make her say that...  Perhaps Jana?  "Why are you wearing that ugly dress?"   I also wonder what the dynamic is between the M-kids and the lost girls.  Anna seems to acquire somewhat more on-trend and fashionable clothing for her kids, but the lost girls probably just have the huge closet of hand-me-down goodwill attire.  I wonder if there is some peer-pressure going on there.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Love 7

As much as the Duggars get on my last nerve, I really can’t see any of them calling any of their clothing ugly, and least of all Jana. I just think the kid’s got eyeballs and notices people out in the world. Anyway, a Duggar calling another person’s clothes ugly? Well, that’s just a pot and kettle situation.

• Love 13
(edited)

Just watched the "LaLaLand" episode. Jinger and Jeremy stop in Roswell on the drive to LA to tour the museum.  Drives me crazy when people don't put shoes on little ones, even if she isn't quite walking yet. Just even little soft sandals or something. 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, zenme said:

What bothers me is that her father is a millionaire.  Ok, I get not wanting to spend top dollar on clothing when kids wear out of them quickly, but you can at least shop for items that are not as worn, or perhaps even from this decade.  

All of the girls wore ratty, second-hand "modest" clothes from the communal closet, but Josie looks particularly bad. In her case, I think it's a deliberate choice on Michelle's part. She wants to keep Josie looking frail and waif-like to make sure people recognize that Josie is Michelle's "precious miracle", the baby she heroically delivered and kept alive despite the odds. It's why she's always encouraged Josie's babyish behavior (lugging her around like an infant, letting her shovel food in her mouth with her fingers, etc.) and dresses her freakishly. She would rather have Josie look weird and "ugly" and be noticed than have her look pretty and ordinary and fade into the crowd.

• Love 5

I think Josie dresses herself with little to no guidance. The way their house operates it would be up to Johannah or Jana to help her out, because Michelle only looks to see that body parts are covered. She might also be stubborn in what she wears, so her sisters gave up.

Maybe after hearing what she said Jana will go through the closet and throw out the 'ugly' clothing.

(Jessa, could you and Jana help Josie out?)

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

I see Felicity is at the "say cheese face" age. My grandson came out of it about a year or so ago. LOL

My twins are 4 and still do it once in a while if they're in a silly mood. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

So now we know how much this insta post costs...$300.

F7567682-053D-4B94-9CD8-4BAB7F9B1402.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that when that photo was first posted, a lot of people talked about how the jacket didn't seem to suit Jinger or Jinger's activities at all.....That it certainly didn't seem to be among the styles of clothing she'd ever favored in the past....That it didn't look like something you'd wear to church.....That it looked like an office worker's jacket and was almost certainly picked according to Jer's tastes and not hers. 😁

And if that's true, I guess it makes sense that it's a $300 jacket. Because $80 pocket squares.  (I'm actually kind of surprised that there was a $300 jacket for sale on Rodeo Drive, though. Or at least a $300 jacket for anybody over the age of two. $300 seems pretty cheap for Rodeo Drive, if you ask me....)

Anyway, at first posting, I think I engaged in my fantasy that Jinger may have a secret dream of being a career woman! .... Like, maybe she's watched Mary Tyler Moore reruns or something. .... But the consensus opinion seemed to be that this was more like Jer's dream of fooling around only with people wearing business blazers! (his church coffeeshop dates h/t @Temperance often do). 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
(edited)

Jinger allegedly anwered a fan question who asked about moving. She allegedly said they can't move, because they're quarantining.  She answered this question allegedly on Instagram, but I can't find the comment and question. Instagram makes it really hard to navigate their comments section. 

Edited by Temperance
damn typos
  • Useful 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jinger allegedly anwered a fan question who asked about moving. She allagedly said they can't move, but they're quarantining.  She answered this question allegedly on Instagram, but I can't find the comment and question. Instagram makes it really hard to navigate their comments section. 

She’s almost as good at lying as Jessa. 

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 20
(edited)

Speaking about moving, I wonder how long Jeremy's L.A. grift will last? I can't imagine MacArthur is seeing any return on investment, and rent in SoCal commands a pretty penny. If covid drags out, it could get interesting.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9

What a lame excuse. Folks are still moving during the pandemic. There is a moratorium on evictions and foreclosures, that I believe expires this month. Maybe they're squatting. lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Zella said:

I smell bullshit. Least of which is because these motherfuckers could still travel out-of-state when they wanted to. 🙄 On what planet is that quarantining? 

Planet Duggarville population 100 and counting 🙄

• LOL 5
10 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Stupid and ignorant question (from a man) - can you really feel the baby kicking at that stage?

Yes, especially with second and beyond pregnancies. It can feel like flutters at first and then pressure, movement and kicks as the pregnancy progresses.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Speaking about moving, I wonder how long Jeremy's L.A. grift will last? I can't imagine MacArthur is seeing any return on investment, and rent in SoCal commands a pretty penny. If covid drags out, it could get interesting.

Oh, I’m sure they got free housing for the entire length of his education before his stint in grad school even started. It’s what, 2 to 3 years? I’m sure they were some kind of contract signed with MacArthur.  It was probably all arranged, but they just made up the free rent for six months so people would forget after six months, which is exactly what happened. Plus, all the classes are online? 

What I really can’t see, is anyone paying tuition to go to the seminary during a recession/depression an area of the country with an insane cost of living. It seems like they were already having money trouble at the school, and regulatory trouble. I’m sure Jeremy is just going to milk it as long as he can possibly last.  Next up, I’m sure they move to Manhattan. There’s no going back to Texas or Arkansas until every last penny has been spent. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

If by “interesting” you mean “utterly hideous” I’m in complete agreement.

Maybe the designer employs the colorblind (because seriously what other explanation?) so it is doing a good deed in some way to buy that schmatta?

• LOL 7

I think it may be more that the designer is or employs, um, odd? designers rather than colorblindness.

When you see the photo on a big computer screen it looks like the centers of the flowers may have/be tiny dots that are the same color as the collar. So the thing may look a tiny bit better in person.....Only because of the (possible) color match, though. The collar's general oddness, hideousness and complete wackiness when paired with the rest of the dress aren't in doubt. Or at least not to me. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

I hate everything about that dress, the pattern isn't pleasant, the color doesn't look good on her, the collar is hideous, and I am completely over pregnant women groping themselves to prove they're pregnant and not fat.

I'm not fond of the unclothed pregnancy belly of the month posts that were popular 5-10 years ago, but I like it better than every effing picture staged with the groping hand.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 24