Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, everyone in the Vuolo household is looking rough and miserable lately. I wonder what's going on? 

The Hope Mutual Contempt They Hold.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, everyone in the Vuolo household is looking rough and miserable lately. I wonder what's going on? 

Cabin fever? 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

God, I'd probably age a million years after a day in that house. 

All day conversations 

Jerry: baaaabe does this pocketsquare make me fat? 
Baaabe am I getting balder?

Baaabe be a dear and go to Starbucks I’m parched 

I’m with you I couldn’t tolerate Jerry for long! He is too smug and narcissistic 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

All day conversations 

Jerry: baaaabe does this pocketsquare make me fat? 
Baaabe am I getting balder?

Baaabe be a dear and go to Starbucks I’m parched 

I’m with you I couldn’t tolerate Jerry for long! He is too smug and narcissistic 

I'd have to channel Lloyd Bridges in Airplane. 

• LOL 8
(edited)

A lot of us in SoCal are looking a bit ratty.  Even though hair salons are allowed to be open, many didn't open immediately and the one where I go each stylist is only working 3 days a week.  They aren't offering all services and appointments are limited.  I'd had this one booked for five months and it was on one of the three days my stylist works so I was lucky.  Also since we can't go very many places, daily upkeep like make-up and dressing up are slipping.  Putting on something beside yoga pants starts looking upscale.

I can see them following the I've been stuck at home forever pattern and they haven't had time to have truly long standing hair salon standing.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 9
Just now, Absolom said:

A lot of us in SoCal are looking a bit ratty.  Even though hair salons are allowed to be open, many didn't open immediately and the one where I go each stylist is only working 3 days a week.  They aren't offering all services and appointments are limited.  I'd had this one booked for five months and it was on one of the three days my stylist works so I was lucky.  Also since we can't go very many places, daily upkeep like make-up and dressing up are slipping.  Putting on something beside yoga pants starts looking upscale.

I look pretty ratty on a good day (and my hair has reached the point that I'm probably going to butcher it myself this weekend rather than deal with it anymore), but I feel like it goes beyond just looking dressed down for them. They're looking really haggard. 

• Love 9

Cooped up inside with an almost two year old 24/7 can do that to you.  My daughter takes her kids to the botanical garden just to escape the house and constant pressure of dealing with her kids.  If they close that, she's going back to I'm losing my mind mode.  For weeks they couldn't even take Felicity to a park or playground.  

• Love 4
Just now, Absolom said:

Cooped up inside with an almost two year old 24/7 can do that to you.  My daughter takes her kids to the botanical garden just to escape the house and constant pressure of dealing with her kids.  If they close that, she's going back to I'm losing my mind mode.  For weeks they couldn't even take Felicity to a park or playground.  

That's fair enough. I joke that my Chihuahua is like a toddler who will never grow up, but even though he's a complete diva, he's a pretty good quarantine buddy. LOL

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I would agree if they lived in a one bedroom unit in a condo or apartment complex.  Like millions of others across the globe.

Their current look is all for show without substance, imho.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Their "substance" comes in the form of the pretentious podcasts. This week's topic is vacations. They should be experts on that. 

Pretentious podcasts by the vapid Vuolos😍

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

You've never seen Airplane? I think I can quote the entire movie verbatim. 😁

I watched it a couple of months ago,  it still holds up.  It is so quotable.   I also picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Their "substance" comes in the form of the pretentious podcasts. This week's topic is vacations. They should be experts on that. 

After all, they just took one to Arizona a few weeks ago. In the middle of their supposed “quarantine.” Isolated at home, my ass.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot 

27A91D6F-9D3F-4D91-ADD0-F21B5699E090.jpeg

Geez, jinger and Anna with the “better than hands”!  Now SIX times better!  Woo hoo. 

1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

My favorite,  "no thank you, I take it black like my men."

😂 my favorite line!  Hilarious coming from the little girl!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Jinger's hair is very different from her siblings - much more textured. Even pre-pandemic she had to do more to make her hair behave. Going balayage (or bleached blonde) takes even more upkeep. Now that she's pregnant she may be growing it out. Some moms won't dye during pregnancy and some stylists won't dye pregnant women. All that combined with being in the house more, is kind of a recipe for crappy hair. That and as mentioned above, I think many of us, myself included, have become a little lazy in the style department.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Jeremy is pretentious as all get out and his beliefs are vile, but I also think Jinger has escaped the TTH mentality. She is not actively trying to work through her abuse and brainwashing like Jill, but she is being exposed to concepts and ideas that her parents locked away. She may just be along for the ride as Jeremy experiments with different lifestyles and personas, but each change is a life lesson that was denied to her by her parents. I think she'll continue to grow and mature and eventually realize that she's her own person, not just an extension of her husband or parents.

I have no idea why or how I inserted a quote box, so here's my current favorite quote:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

If Jinger hadn't been "famous," Jeremy wouldn't have met her or cared to meet her. Jer married an opportunity. They should just sit back in their free house, eat avocado toast, and live off the unexplained income they seem to enjoy. There is nothing interesting or relatable about either of them. 

Bingo! Jeremy is a famewhore. If her dad wasn't a famewhore, too, there would have been no interest on his end because he wouldn't have given a shit. 

• Love 18
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

If Jinger hadn't been "famous," Jeremy wouldn't have met her or cared to meet her. Jer married an opportunity. They should just sit back in their free house, eat avocado toast, and live off the unexplained income they seem to enjoy. There is nothing interesting or relatable about either of them. 

I agree. Jeremy wouldn't have looked at her twice if she wasn't a Duggar. I don't mean that maliciously towards Jinger as a human being, but rather that Jeremy wasn't going to marry anyone who couldn't advance his career goals. Look where he was when he first hit the scene and where he is now. He scored a huge come-up.

• Love 22
On 7/2/2020 at 7:40 PM, QuinnInND said:

This is the coffee shop at their church. 

I noticed they are posting less staged photos after people complained about them being boring and fake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Lunera said:

This is the coffee shop at their church. 

I noticed they are posting less staged photos after people complained about them being boring and fake.

Jinger wore a baseball cap to church? Yikes

• Love 3
(edited)

She could have been there mid-week to go to the bookstore, meet Jeremy, drop off something, or any other trivial reason.  The coffee shop is open seven days a week.  At least it was pre-pandemic.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3