Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I read this article/advice and immediately thought of Jeremy and why he wanted Jinger. The fact he'd be a z-grade celebrity with mild fame for doing no work was just the icing on the cake. 

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2020/07/16/7-steps-to-grooming-your-christian-wife/

So....do we think this suite of horrifying websites are actually created by people who believe in these things or by people who don't believe these things but are such cynical satirists that they enjoy creating a happy home for those who do believe them so they can secretly laugh at those people's (many) comments? 

I can see it going either way. 

As for Jer's underlying disposition.....Well, if you Google "chuck vuolo" and "sermons," you turn up quite a few with titles like "Biblical Masculinity Biologically Confirmed." .......But on the other hand, Jer's brother and sister don't seem to believe in much of anything their parents do, including their (apparent) sentiments about sex and gender -- and yet the family seems pretty cordial with each other.

So it would seem likely that nobody really indoctrinated Jer into this. (Although of course you can choose it of your own free will -- especially if it suits your secret wishes and you're a person who'd rather indulge yourself than consider others as equally deserving of full consideration.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I read this article/advice and immediately thought of Jeremy and why he wanted Jinger. The fact he'd be a z-grade celebrity with mild fame for doing no work was just the icing on the cake. 

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2020/07/16/7-steps-to-grooming-your-christian-wife/

This reads as either a huge joke, or someone who is so religiously uptight they just can’t admit they are into BDSM straight out. 

I love the protests of “you’re not my father “. Your husband isn’t your father, but he can be your daddy.

Also, I kinda think Jer is a tremendous FU from Jessa to her best friend, Jingle.  She did play hand and setting them up. 

A0BF088E-33F1-4B4B-B5F6-EC4E3B9A9DEC.jpeg

• Love 10
3 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I’m just picturing Ben telling Jessa he’s gonna spank her 😀 I don’t think she’d put up with that, in fact the author of this blog admitted that his wife wouldn’t accept any spankings. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

This reads as either a huge joke, or someone who is so religiously uptight they just can’t admit they are into BDSM straight out. 

I love the protests of “you’re not my father “. Your husband isn’t your father, but he can be your daddy.

Also, I kinda think Jer is a tremendous FU from Jessa to her best friend, Jingle.  She did play hand and setting them up. 

A0BF088E-33F1-4B4B-B5F6-EC4E3B9A9DEC.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

I sometimes picture Jeremy's efforts to become an influencer celebrity look like . . . Tobias trying to get hired as an actor.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I had the same thought.

But yes, that piece is horrifying. Handmaid's Tale level horrifying.

• Love 13
On 7/31/2020 at 3:59 PM, galaxychaser said:

I just started watching arrested development it’s hilarious. Mom voices mom on Archer!

Tobias never disappoints. Just wait until daddy needs to get his rocks off.

• LOL 7

Does Jeremy read here? He found his good side. 

Jinger barely looks pregnant. 

27 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Why didn she have to embrace late nights AND early mornings? Not like he goes to work and he can't help her

Yeah exactly. Especially while she isn't breast-feeding. It sounds like Jeremy likes Jinger in the mother role too busy to question her life.  These two may have more kids than we expect. I could picture them having more kids when these kids go to school so Jinger has children to tend at home. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I don't think this pic is recent. I think this was when they announced the pregnancy of #2.

Yeah, it was back at the pregnancy announcement when Jer kept getting photographed in different pink outfits. 

JIngle just had the one. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

Does Jeremy read here? He found his good side. 

Jinger barely looks pregnant. 

Yeah exactly. Especially while she isn't breast-feeding. It sounds like Jeremy likes Jinger in the mother role too busy to question her life.  These two may have more kids than we expect. I could picture them having more kids when these kids go to school so Jinger has children to tend at home. 

I don't think they'll have a ton of kids, but despite all their pretense of sophistication, I think they'll be a lot more strict about gender roles for their children than any of the Duggar kids except Anna and Josh. Not that I think any of Jinger's siblings will be at all progressive in that regard, but they all seem much more relaxed about their day-to-day lives. Jinger is just so openly subservient in a way none of her sisters or SILs are, and if she and Jeremy ever have sons I can see them really enforcing gender rules on their kids.

I always used to think all the girls were exaggerating or blatantly lying when they'd gush about their husband doing all the diaper changing for the first few weeks. Until Felicity was born, and Jinger said nothing of the kind. Jeremy wouldn't even fake it for the cameras. The only time he held Felicity in that episode shortly after she was born, was when Jinger made HIM coffee.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I don't think they'll have a ton of kids, but despite all their pretense of sophistication, I think they'll be a lot more strict about gender roles for their children than any of the Duggar kids except Anna and Josh. Not that I think any of Jinger's siblings will be at all progressive in that regard, but they all seem much more relaxed about their day-to-day lives. Jinger is just so openly subservient in a way none of her sisters or SILs are, and if she and Jeremy ever have sons I can see them really enforcing gender rules on their kids.

I always used to think all the girls were exaggerating or blatantly lying when they'd gush about their husband doing all the diaper changing for the first few weeks. Until Felicity was born, and Jinger said nothing of the kind. Jeremy wouldn't even fake it for the cameras. The only time he held Felicity in that episode shortly after she was born, was when Jinger made HIM coffee.

Maybe, maybe not they have talked about sending their girls to college. Also it's not unusual  for men to want their daughters to be more ambitious even if their wives are more happy at home. 

When I said they'd have more kids, I don't think they'll end up with any close to her parents.  I think that maybe two girls will get an older and as they old enough to go to school, they'll have another one. And when that one reaches school age, they can have a fourth. This way Jinger will be busy with the little ones while the kids are in school. I actually know a fundie family kind of like that. I also think Jeremy will want a boy, especially if he doesn't have a male cousins with sons and his brother doesn't have kids. His brother Chuck currently doesn't have kids and he might not plan on ever having kids. I can see Jeremy wanting to pass down the proud Vuolo name to his son. 

• Love 5

I definitely see the Vuolos trying at least one more time for a boy, maybe. For a lot of parents that second child changes things up in ways they never imagined. Things shift as the needs of two children aren't always adult-life friendly. Its much harder to incorporate two kids into the adults' lives. Its much easier to bring an only child everywhere the adults would normally go. Friends are also more tolerant of one (uninvited) child being at an adult event, than two children.

For some parents this happens with the first child and then they're one and done. It'll be interesting to see how the Vuolos adjust to two children.

• Love 16

I think the Vuolos are likely to have a not huge family too. Jer wants to be famous, absolutely, but I think he wants that fame for being sophisticated an erudite (break to stop laughing), not the kind of freak show fame you get from being like his in-laws. Plus, who's going to cover the shoes and pocket square budget when he's between 5 and 10 kids (enough to be unusual, not enough to get you a father of the year award or covered in People).

• Love 17

I think J&J will have maximum 4 kids. I'm sure Jeremy wants a son so they will try for one. If the third one is a girl, they may try for a fourth. Jeremy likes his luxuries and he doesn't want to live in cramped house wearing thrift stores clothing. 

I think all the kids will get an education including the girls. However, I don't think they will be encouraged to become nuclear physicists or electricians. They will be directed towards fields where they won't be in competition with men for power. 

I think Jeremy has molded Jinger to what he wants her to be. That's why her looks changed so rapidly after she got married (compared to Jill). Jeremy wanted her to look a certain way to fit his aesthetics. There probably is a lot of other stuff that she changed because of him, bit it's not things we can see.  

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think J&J will have maximum 4 kids. I'm sure Jeremy wants a son so they will try for one. If the third one is a girl, they may try for a fourth. Jeremy likes his luxuries and he doesn't want to live in cramped house wearing thrift stores clothing. 

I think all the kids will get an education including the girls. However, I don't think they will be encouraged to become nuclear physicists or electricians. They will be directed towards fields where they won't be in competition with men for power. 

I think Jeremy has molded Jinger to what he wants her to be. That's why her looks changed so rapidly after she got married (compared to Jill). Jeremy wanted her to look a certain way to fit his aesthetics. There probably is a lot of other stuff that she changed because of him, bit it's not things we can see.  

I think Jeremy will be fine with his daughters getting a college education within strict parameters.  He'd probably prefer a small Christian college where they would live in same sex dorms and have a curfew and be required to take faith based classes and their role as future wives and mothers was stressed over any career aspirations.  His mother attended Juilliard, but, considering he married a woman who couldn't even spell Juilliard, I don't think he'd want that for his girls, too much chance for rebellion, especially since he seems to have decided that California is now their home.  I think the girls would only be allowed to attend a secular school if they could still live at home or otherwise be closely supervised.  They would be permitted to major in education or nursing or music, literature or home ec; subjects that would be helpful in their future as helpmeets.

In his own way, I see Jeremy as being every bit as controlling as Jim Bob.  He will expect his children to conform to his will just as Jinger has.  I don't see him wanting more than 4-5 kids, max and he is the one who makes all the rules in their home.  His daughters will be expected to be meek and mild and defer all important decisions to their father and then their husbands.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16

I hope Prop Bow grows up a rebel.  As a teen, I hope she rejects anything soccer-related and refuses to attend any church-related activities her parents force upon her.  J&J seem like they could be major push-overs.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I hope Prop Bow grows up a rebel.  As a teen, I hope she rejects anything soccer-related and refuses to attend any church-related activities her parents force upon her.  J&J seem like they could be major push-overs.

Wouldn't it be wild if she rebelled by becoming a A student and went to college for sociality, political science or psychology. She have her own little social environment to analyze. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

It will be interesting to see what happens when Prop Bow starts to really rebel. I suspect she's just entered the "Me do!" toddler stage, so the next year or two could be very interesting, particularly with another baby on the way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm getting a Shirley Temple vibe here.

That's not the first time this has been mentioned here, so I can only assume it's been mentioned elsewhere...I just hope it doesn't give Jer ideas. Of course, Lissy would have to have some actual talent at something for him to be able to pull that off. Still, with considerable musical talent on the Vuolo side of the family, and intermittent spurts of it on the Duggar side, that's not beyond possibility.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That's not the first time this has been mentioned here, so I can only assume it's been mentioned elsewhere...I just hope it doesn't give Jer ideas. Of course, Lissy would have to have some actual talent at something for him to be able to pull that off. Still, with considerable musical talent on the Vuolo side of the family, and intermittent spurts of it on the Duggar side, that's not beyond possibility.

I could see both Jeremy and Jinger putting her into the child beauty pageant circuit. 

• Love 4

My cousin's youngest daughter had her first baby a few weeks ago, a little girl. The latest picture has her with a bow on. Its a small one but it is there. I thought of you all right away. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy is as controlling as Jim Bob. I don’t think Felicity will be allowed to be who she is/reach her full potential. 

Will Felicity even have a sense she's supposed to be anything more than an image, any idea a person is supposed to have some there there? 

• Love 8