Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Ahhh haaa haaa, SUCK IT, Jessa and Jill. Jinj already has her first j'slave in line and the irony is, I don't think she'll actually j'slave her in the way I think you would if she ends up having another one in the next couple of years. P.S. Jessa, honey, I know it's eating you up that you're NOT the first Duggar daughter to deliver a Duggar granddaughter. Suck it up, sweetie. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm pretty sure they will never do the stereotypical things. Daughter was never a girly-girl, barely ever wore dresses, and never frilly ones. She rebelled against those by the time she could talk, took tae-kwon-do rather than ballet and was always determined to do everything her older brother did earlier and better than him. 

Well, your daughter is probably doomed to have a super feminine, frilly, girly-girl. Isn’t that the way it goes?

I think we would all love to see another picture of your sweet baby.

OT....I think Jinger and Jeremy’s baby girl will be adorable.

• Love 4

If any of the girls were to have a daughter straight out the gate, I’m glad it’s Jinger.  Her daughter will have decent role models in Jeremy’s family and will probably be able to participate in extracurriculars considering how important sports are to Jeremy and music is to his family.  Besides, her outfits will be on POINT. I legitimately don’t think they’ll sister mom their daughters, seeing as how Jinger did bare minimum to survive at home.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe I am just overly superstitious, but she's due in July.  Isn't it a bit early for a shower? My first grandchild is due in August.  I have told people, but I have not said a word on Facebook yet.  Not that I don't want to, I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

Something going wrong at this stage is pretty rare, although it's always on the table, even right up to the birth.

13 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Omg that was my first thought too!!! JB won't even let kids play with toys that have music so they won't dance. How exactly is Baby Vuolo going to wear a defrauding leotard and tutu and dance in front of people? Much less the dance moms route of two-piece showgirl outfits and provocative moves!

I'm guessing since Jeremy is fine with dancing, so now is Jill. Her inches above the knee dress was definitely not to Boob's approval, so things are changing there. I know they're still fundies and likely always will be, but at least there are fundies who allow dance lessons.

10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It's going to take a long time to change the pink delicate girl and blue sports boy culture. I have FB friends in their 30s who claim to be forward thinking yet use hashtags like #momofboys when showing a picture of muddy sons or #pinkprincess with a picture of a daughter wearing pink. So its not just a Duggar or Fundy thing.

I hate that! I loved playing sports and getting muddy just as much as my brother, and for his part, he read my American Girl books and learned to sew. People need to seriously stop with the rigid gender expectations.

8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

This news just made my day!  I am happy for them.  This little girl is going to be dressed to the nines.  No thrift shop "finds" for her.   I have a feeling Jill and Jessa are envious.  

You can find adorable clothes at thrift shops, and it's also environmentally friendly. 

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Jeremy values sports, I foresee this child being able to participate in something. 

He loves soccer, and there are plenty of opportunities for girls to play that sport.  I could imagine him kicking a ball around the yard with her and coaching a youth team.

• Love 8

Im glad she's having a girl just because SmugAnna can't brag about having the only Duggar granddaughter(s) anymore. I wonder if they knew back when Anna posted that? Guess she forgot Jinger was born a Duggar. 

• Love 4

I'm wondering how many times in a year any of the Duggars will see Jinger/Jeremy/Baby Vuolo. I can't see Jim-Bob or Michelle making a trip specifically just to see one Duggar grandchild when there are 10+ in Arkansas to visit/not visit, and Jessa/Jill/Joy/Kendra/Anna etc are too busy having baby after baby. Could we dare to hope that it is going to be out-of-sight, out-of-mind, and Baby V can grow up better than her cousins?

• Love 8

Yay! Girl names are so much more fun to me than boy names. Can't wait to hear what they name her. 

Also, glad it's them getting the first girl of the Duggar sisters. Although I think Ben would be sweet with a daughter.

Edited by The Ascension
clarifying that she's not going to be the first granddaughter
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

Suck it, Anna - you will no longer have the only Duggar granddaughters. What are you going to open your trap and brag about now, your swine spouse JoshUa?

To add to that, I think Baby Vuolo will stand out because both Jeremy and Jinger have darker, more unique looks than the horde of Duggars and assorted in-laws. The grandkids, while adorable, all sort of blend together because there's no variety in hair color, eye color, complexion etc. If Jinger's daughter escapes the Boob gene, she could be a real beauty.

• Love 24
16 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

Suck it, Anna - you will no longer have the only Duggar granddaughters. What are you going to open your trap and brag about now, your swine spouse JoshUa?

She can boast about getting married first and having the first Duggar granddaughter. It is sad how the grandchildren end up being a competition between the married couples. Who freaking cares about how many girls or boys they have. They should be concern about being the best possible parent and their children having a chance to grow up to be happy, healthy well adjusted people who go out in the world and try to make things better not just for themselves but for others.

26 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm wondering how many times in a year any of the Duggars will see Jinger/Jeremy/Baby Vuolo. I can't see Jim-Bob or Michelle making a trip specifically just to see one Duggar grandchild when there are 10+ in Arkansas to visit/not visit, and Jessa/Jill/Joy/Kendra/Anna etc are too busy having baby after baby. Could we dare to hope that it is going to be out-of-sight, out-of-mind, and Baby V can grow up better than her cousins?

Probably, though I think if the show begins to focus more on the V's then they will try to infiltrate more. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Probably, though I think if the show begins to focus more on the V's then they will try to infiltrate more. 

Hopefully Jeremy AND Jinger put a stop to more than five Duggars visiting at any one time.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jessa said:

I find it so odd that these gender reveal parties are becoming so popular in society at the same time as society is becoming more open to gender fluidity. 

Fascinating point.

I have young boy/girl twins and neither one fits the traditional stereotypes. To that end, buying clothes is hard! My son wants to wear bright everything! He needs color, graphics, sparkle, embellishments, everything! It takes some doing to find clothes and shoes that aren't gray, navy, and/or black AND clothes that don't have stupid baseballs or dinosaurs. My daughter has fewer opinions on what she wears, but there are still slim pickings due to sexist phrases on the clothes or too short shorts or mature silhouettes. 

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I’m mostly curious to see if she has to wear pants under dresses, or if plain ole pants will do when she plays around the house. 

Tunics/Tops and Leggings/Skorts are pretty much all the rave until about Kindergarten---I foresee a lot of those cutesy, matchy type sets for Baby V. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Hopefully Jeremy AND Jinger put a stop to more than five Duggars visiting at any one time.

Jeremy did a solid job at keeping them away post-wedding, I have a feeling he'll do it again post-baby. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Jeremy did a solid job at keeping them away post-wedding, I have a feeling he'll do it again post-baby. 

True. What was it, six months ban on visits post-wedding? I don't think he'd be able to stretch it out quite that far, but even a few weeks - even a few days - of just the three of them to bond together would be so much more than any of Jinger's siblings got. I think it helps that they live so far away and the TTH contingent can't afford to have Jana away for weeks at a time to "babysit" Baby V.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They should let them read about it in People.

If Jinger really and truly wants her mother with her for the birth of her first child, more power to them and Jinger should get whatever desires she wants (hospital birth please!). But it would make my day if they had to read about their newest grandchild/newest niece in a magazine!

• Love 5

Unfortunately Mullet will be there so the vermin will rain down on them as soon as they can. I’m really hoping Jeremy does want them to bond as a family. Perhaps he has seen or been told what is normal from family members. A 3-6 month ban is appropriate, since the Vuolos do visit NW Arkansas.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Angeltoes said:

I wonder why Michelle never had a Julie.  

Didn’t Jim Boob date a “Julie” before dating MEchelle, so that name was automatically off the table? Or am I making things up?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Didn’t Jim Boob date a “Julie” before dating MEchelle, so that name was automatically off the table? Or am I making things up?

Jim Bob suggested the name Julie for at least the last few Lost Girls. Obviously, the name was not used. However, I think it was just message board speculation that Michelle put the kibosh on it for that reason. True, it seems odd not to have used the name, since it's a nice one and not super similar to previous choices (i.e. the whole Jana/ Joy Anna/ Johannah decision...), but do we really think Jim Bob ever dated before Michelle?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I don't know if he ever dated a Julie but he said it was his favorite name so let her name her Julie and have boobs head explode ???

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Jessa said:

I find it so odd that these gender reveal parties are becoming so popular in society at the same time as society is becoming more open to gender fluidity. 

I think it's part backlash from the conservative end where sex = gender, and part social media expectations where people want things to look Pinterest perfect. Most people don't reflect too closely on gender roles and just want something nice to show off and provide likes on their Instagram/Facebook and since most people are also not terribly creative they tend to copy pretty things they see on other people's social media. And if the trend on social media is traditionally gendered reveal parties, then other people will follow that trend without putting much thought or care into its implications.

Of course, the Duggars add another dimension to the whole gender reveal business because to them your sex will determine your entire life course from birth to death whatever your gender is and you better start the indoctrination as soon as you possibly can.

• Love 11

Yes, they were asked why they didn't use the name Julie or Julia? (Juliet/te wasn't trending yet.) They said it was because Julie was a girl JB had a crush on. It doesn't seem like they dated. My memory says that Michelle was the first girlfriend JB ever had (he was about 18).  They (JB and Michelle) talked a lot about the names when they were still having kids. They claimed the J-names were an accident. Go ahead and watch early seasons of the show (19K&C) to see if this is correct. 

• Love 4

I think Josie was supposed to be Julie, but they held off on that name since they weren't sure Josie would survive. At least, that's the story I've read over the last eight years. 

I have a J name that is very similar to Julie. This page has been very weird for me. 

I hope the Vuolos name the baby Diana or Dianna, after his mother, just to piss off Mullet. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

11 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Hopefully Boob & Mechelle haven't been given the Vuolo's new address.

• Love 4

One of my favorite Internet comments, and I don't remember where it was - TWOP or maybe ONTD. I think it was announcing Jenny's birth but it still cracks me up: "They thought of - and used - Jinger before they got to Jennifer???"

• Love 18
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, cmr2014 said:

If the article is to be believed, this party was thrown by Mexican friends. I spent a large part of my life in South Texas and have many Mexican friends, and this looks like a totally normal event to me. I cannot imagine a baby shower thrown by a Mexican couple that would not be full of pink, full of frilly girly things, and full of wonderful food. If the Duggars had thrown this shower, there would have been a "banner" made on notebook paper by Josie, some Bible verses, and some awful food revoltingly presented.

I don't think that the shower was put together by People magazine, I think it was put together by some nice neighbors.

I thought it looked way too nice to be thrown by the Duggars.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, asuwur said:

I'm just thrilled she's getting the life she appeared to crave. Her clothes are cute and fit well. Her house is normal and not purchased through some Duggar Deal. She got what looks to be a very well thought through and executed shower by non-Dug affiliated friends. This means she's establishing a support system free and clear of JB and Mullet. This is uncharted territory for this family and while it may not be enough for many, its light years ahead of her siblings.

Joshley ALMOST got there in DC but his proclivities ruined it and Anna had to turn in her Uggs for the Duggar standard issue flip flops.

Was the shower shown by real friends or was it put together with some help by People Magazine and TLC. If they use some of Jinger's money to buy the house then it was purchased by her appearing on the show since she does not have a real fulltime job, so in a way it was a Duggar deal. I do not think Jinger has established a support system free and clear of her family. She just left her family and move on to Jeremy for support. I do not think she could stand on her own two feet without him. In some ways, she is ahead of her siblings, but in a lot of ways she is not.

When is Kendra due in relation to Jinger? Jim-Bob and Michelle surely wouldn't pay for all of them to travel to Texas to descend on Jinger/Jeremy when they could stay in town and descend on Joe/Kendra and get the exact same baby fix.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2018 at 3:23 PM, Angeltoes said:

She'd better pray to God that she doesn't sit next to my brother on a plane.  He has no tolerance for people that invade his inner peace.  He's been known to tell seatmates to spit out their gum or move because he can't stand the snapping.  

Does he have misophonia?  My sister does.  These types of noises drive her nuts.

On 4/9/2018 at 5:23 PM, Loves2Dance said:

You know, this may sound insane, but Jinger may have a very different view of Michelle then say, Jordyn or Hannie. Jinger was older when the TLC money rolled in and while the bigger house gave the family more freedom and Michelle the ability to check out more, the pre-TLC days were likely miserable by our standards (too small house, lack of food and a shared bathroom) but they probably knew her better because there was no where to hide.

My oldest sister is 12 years older than me, my next sister is 6 years older---by the time I came around (my mom was an older mom in a time where that wasn't normal) she was done being a mom. My sisters remember cooking in the kitchen and days at the park, I remember an absentee mom who slept all day and let me roam the neighborhood with no boundaries. 

Now, do I think anyone should envy Michelle? No, but it's a line that toes the party and she probably has fond memories of her mom. 

OMG those pictures---I hate any girl being born into this cult---but they have true and real friends and I love it! That baby shower is so, so, so much better than anything the Duggar's will do for them.

You sound like me and my sisters!  

• Love 2

I do not think I could stand Jinger calling Jeremy babe all the time. Actually listen to her talk at all would grate on my last nerve. I could only imagine trying to have a half way decent intelligent conversation with her. I also do not buy the fact Jinger and Jeremy have "real" friends. I think it comes down to yes Jinger is having the best time because she finally got married and away from the family story line the Duggars are trying to convince the rest of us to believe. They tried it with Josh/Anna, Jill/Derick and Jenna/Ben in the past, and now Jinger/Jeremy are the next couple to be show case as the be all, end all of the Duggar couples. Lather, rinse, repeat with any Duggar marriage.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:30 AM, bigskygirl said:

She can boast about getting married first and having the first Duggar granddaughter. It is sad how the grandchildren end up being a competition between the married couples. Who freaking cares about how many girls or boys they have. They should be concern about being the best possible parent and their children having a chance to grow up to be happy, healthy well adjusted people who go out in the world and try to make things better not just for themselves but for others.

She was also the first to have a husband get caught cheating/having an impure heart.  Lots of 1st's with that one!

• Love 18