Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

The relay race sounds dumb like all the other pregnancy/gender reveals in this clan (what does ice cream have to do with anything?), but points for Jinger for forcing them into an activity that gives them exercise, I guess. I also like that the reveal was in Laredo where they live and they didn't do it at the TTH. 

I don't know whether or not Jinger thought about what she said but I noticed that she referred to her unborn daughter as a little lady. Maybe that means they will treat her as such and not expect her to raise her siblings (or her boy cousins when they are together)

• Love 16

I’m sick of their gender reveals, and I’m sure it was filmed for next season. However, it’s good that it was held in Laredo, their home for now. I bet Boob was not happy about it. Was the entire family there for the reveal? @Lady Edith, how long before Jill, Jessa, and especially Anna self combust?

• Love 13

Whoa, Jinger certainly has 'filled out up top'. She also needs an iron clad bra. Perhaps she's having twins? She still is the best dressed expectant mother in her family.

If any one them were to have a girl first, I'm glad it's Jinger. I hope she doesn't pull sister-mom duties on this innocent child.

I always felt badly for McKynzie....those 3 boys should have been born first to Anna & Joshley.

• Love 18

*sigh* Of course they had to do some obnoxious gender reveal. 

The shower looked really nice, though. I'm not surprised to read it was hosted by friends. The decorations looked way too good and there was mention of actual food being served. 

• Love 12

I think all gender reveal things are dumb. No matter if it’s a boy or a girl, everyone always says “Oh that’s (inserted over the top adjective)!! So really it doesn’t matter.  

Plus it gets another check out of People magazine to do a reveal. Keeping it to themselves or not finding out is a loss of income. Gotta make those dollarz.

• Love 17
On 4/7/2018 at 7:05 PM, Fostersmom said:

If I remember right, it was a Christmas picture. Still stupid, but I guess seasonally relevant? 

And she is wrapped up like a dang present!  It irks me.  But then again these two irk me on the regular.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Regarding the "surprise" shower, Jinger and Jeremy just happened to be dressed to the nines when their friends called and asked them to swing by and pick up a cake? Sure, Jan. It's not like they could possibly know they were going to be professionally photographed for People, amirite?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 24
(edited)

Maybe I am just overly superstitious, but she's due in July.  Isn't it a bit early for a shower? My first grandchild is due in August.  I have told people, but I have not said a word on Facebook yet.  Not that I don't want to, I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Also, “Counting On returns to TLC on Monday, July 30, at 9 p.m. ET.”

Perfect timing for TLC to cobble together a Baby Vuolo birth to end the season. They'll probably start with Baby Duggar, then work their way backwards to chronicle Jinger's baby announcement (that they've already shown in previews) and Josiah's courtship. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
My phone sucks ass today
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe I am just overly superstitious, but she's due in July.  Isn't it a bit early for a shower? My first grandchild is due in August.  I have told people, but I have not said a word on Facebook yet.  Not that I don't want to, I just can't bring my self to do it yet.

I think its OK to have a shower any time after 23 weeks if you are nervous. You are well past the high risks stage of miscarriage, and most people have had their anatomy scans by then ( Hopefully she has had one)

I wouldn't mind having a shower around 27-30 weeks, I feel that that is when you look 'cute pregnant' and its before you get into the ' omg are you going to go into labor right now' look. I am having my shower at 33 weeks and im afraid the dress I bought for it isn't going to fit anymore LOL

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe I am just overly superstitious, but she's due in July.  Isn't it a bit early for a shower? My first grandchild is due in August.  I have told people, but I have not said a word on Facebook yet.  Not that I don't want to, I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

Eh, it’s not super early. There’s no truly safe zone when you can guarantee there won’t be a loss. 

Now my shower was like 6 days before my schedule c section, mostly because that was literally the only date within the last two months that worked for everyone. It was fine but in hindsight having it a bit earlier would have been better. 

• Love 1

I think it's great that Jinger gets the first girl(not looking at you Anna)between her sisters. I'm having higher hopes that they won't raise her to be a sister slave or whatever they call it..lol The shower looks so much nicer than the other baby showers her sisters had.

40 minutes ago, Bridget said:

The ballet shoes on top of the cake made me sad because I doubt they will ever let their little girl participate in such a great activity, like a dance class, with other girls and boys. 

It seemed maybe iike a themed shower with the ballet slippers on the cake and the silouette of the dancer. So I'm hoping beyond hope, they raise her so much differently. I'm not holding my breath though.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

The ballet shoes on top of the cake made me sad because I doubt they will ever let their little girl participate in such a great activity, like a dance class, with other girls and boys. 

Omg that was my first thought too!!! JB won't even let kids play with toys that have music so they won't dance. How exactly is Baby Vuolo going to wear a defrauding leotard and tutu and dance in front of people? Much less the dance moms route of two-piece showgirl outfits and provocative moves!

i knew it would be a girl! I have called all of the duggar babies so far, as well as almost all in my social circle. I just have a vibe every time which one it will be. Does anybody else have that talent?

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Omg that was my first thought too!!! JB won't even let kids play with toys that have music so they won't dance. How exactly is Baby Vuolo going to wear a defrauding leotard and tutu and dance in front of people? Much less the dance moms route of two-piece showgirl outfits and provocative moves!

i knew it would be a girl! I have called all of the duggar babies so far, as well as almost all in my social circle. I just have a vibe every time which one it will be. Does anybody else have that talent?

Maybe because I watch “American Housewife”, but the son on that show is straight and takes ballet classes. Can you imagine if there were any boys in a ballet class, regardless of them being straight or not? 

I hope they at least let that little girl wear shorts (and a hat!) in the hot Texas sun and remember to slather her in sunblock unlike Tia Jill does with her boys. 

Re: bolded part

It’s actually my secret talent - seriously! Maybe it’s a teacher thing? ?

I am a Pisces, so I do live up to the stereotype of being intuitive/having a strong sixth sense. I can’t predict lottery numbers or anything like that, but I’m always right about baby genders. In fact, a few pages before this one, when talking about baby names, I predicted it would be a girl. Even on random TV shows, when a character/reality person is pregnant, I can predict the gender of the baby. 

I’ve only been wrong twice about a baby’s  gender: when my colleague had her son and when Duchess of Cambridge had George. Both times, I had the strongest feelings they’d be girls. 

I’m psyched Jinger is having a girl.  Hold onto those hand me downs, Jessa! And suck it!

(For the record, there is nothing wrong with Goodwill shopping or second hand stuff at all! I’ve found some great stuff there and I know I’m not the only one!)

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 3
(edited)

I wonder if Jeremy is the tinest bit disappointed that it's not a boy. It's sexist thinking, but I could see Jeremy wanting a son to carry on the name. Having a son and carrying on the name are things that are important to some of the Italian-Americans I know. 

On the other hand, it's more publicity for them, and having a daughter is great, and he can have plenty more children, since they're young and she's a Duggar. My hope for them is the next one is a boy, because I think having a girl and a boy might seem like a nice family for a while. 

Anna can no longer claim she has the only granddaughters, so that's good.  Jill will be the most envious, but they probably won't name the baby Selah if that's still the name she wants. I'm not sure Jessa will be care too much.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I hate these types of gender reveal parties.  The poor child is not even born yet and the friends and family are trying to stuff her into stereotypical gender roles.  I'm sure if it was a boy the place would have been decorated in a sport's theme.  I hate that they are already sending  a message that a little girl should be a delicate, girly dancer.  As someone who wanted to be a ballerina but am built like a linebacker, I am glad that I had an older brother close in age.  That way I was not bitterly disappointed when I  grew into a body that was never meant for anything delicate.  I highly doubt that a Jeremy/Jinger daughter will have this problem, but you never know.

(Not to mention, these gender roles are not as biblical-based as the Duggars and their ilk think.  Most of these ideas are straight out of Madision Avenue.)

100% agree with you! 

So. Much. Pink. Everywhere! 

What happened to using primary colors or themes, like jungle or farm animals, Peter Rabbitt, or any one of our own personal favorite books from childhood (I know, I know)? Even freakin’ Noah’s Ark would’ve been better than all of that pink. 

Fuchsia, tangerine and green would’ve been a modern yet still feminine color scheme if the party planners insisted on pink. 

I felt like I was going to go into a diabetic coma from all of that pink - and I’m not diabetic! 

I don’t do social media, but I’d love someone to send JinJer photos from Khloe Kardashian’s baby shower. When I saw Jinger’s baby shower photos, all I could think was “reminds me of Khloe’s!”

From the photos, (also from in People.com, hmmmm.....) that I have seen, KK’s was everything pink, from floor to ceiling. Wouldn’t shock me if Kris Jenner brought pink toilet paper for the event!

• Love 8

She's said in the past that she likes to preach to random strangers who have the misfortune of sitting next to her on airplanes.

She'd better pray to God that she doesn't sit next to my brother on a plane.  He has no tolerance for people that invade his inner peace.  He's been known to tell seatmates to spit out their gum or move because he can't stand the snapping.  

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

She'd better pray to God that she doesn't sit next to my brother on a plane.  He has no tolerance for people that invade his inner peace.  He's been known to tell seatmates to spit out their gum or move because he can't stand the snapping.  

I would have been tempted on telling her to shut her trap. Could you imagine sitting on the plane next to her and Jeremy. I would ask where was the nearest door was at to jump out of the plane to get away from them.

3 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Your brother is my hero. 

I can’t stand it either. I’ve been lucky on planes so far, knock wood, but thank you so very much for providing a great line for me to use that’s direct & to the point for any possible future gum chewing seat mates. 

• Love 4

It's going to take a long time to change the pink delicate girl and blue sports boy culture. I have FB friends in their 30s who claim to be forward thinking yet use hashtags like #momofboys when showing a picture of muddy sons or #pinkprincess with a picture of a daughter wearing pink. So its not just a Duggar or Fundy thing.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

If the article is to be believed, this party was thrown by Mexican friends. I spent a large part of my life in South Texas and have many Mexican friends, and this looks like a totally normal event to me. I cannot imagine a baby shower thrown by a Mexican couple that would not be full of pink, full of frilly girly things, and full of wonderful food. If the Duggars had thrown this shower, there would have been a "banner" made on notebook paper by Josie, some Bible verses, and some awful food revoltingly presented.

I don't think that the shower was put together by People magazine, I think it was put together by some nice neighbors.

Totally agree. Every event I've gone to in my area put on by folks from Puerto Rico look very much like that. The only thing that was missing with Jinger's was the 'person of honor' chair, decked out with balloons and ribbons. The first time I went to one of these parties I was blown away by the transformation of a room and the thought, time and effort dedicated to the decorations in honor of the special occasion. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

100% agree with you! 

So. Much. Pink. Everywhere! 

What happened to using primary colors or themes, like jungle or farm animals, Peter Rabbitt, or any one of our own personal favorite books from childhood (I know, I know)? Even freakin’ Noah’s Ark would’ve been better than all of that pink. 

Fuchsia, tangerine and green would’ve been a modern yet still feminine color scheme if the party planners insisted on pink. 

I felt like I was going to go into a diabetic coma from all of that pink - and I’m not diabetic! 

I don’t do social media, but I’d love someone to send JinJer photos from Khloe Kardashian’s baby shower. When I saw Jinger’s baby shower photos, all I could think was “reminds me of Khloe’s!”

From the photos, (also from in People.com, hmmmm.....) that I have seen, KK’s was everything pink, from floor to ceiling. Wouldn’t shock me if Kris Jenner brought pink toilet paper for the event!

Since my daughter didn't find out the sex of her baby ahead of time (and didn't want a baby shower either - she's uncomfortable being the center of attention), they did a color scheme of grey/mint/aqua for the nursery, and still got plenty of gender-neutral onesies and such for early days. They were SO expecting to have a boy. My daughter felt sure it was, and 90% of people who guessed, from friends to random strangers guessed boy. Yesterday we went to my mom's house, and her next-door-neighbor popped by to see the baby. We showed her a picture of my daughter a week before she gave birth, and her response was "Wow...I would totally have guessed boy. She's carrying like a beach ball out front and barely any weight gain anywhere else!". Daughter & son-in-law didn't even really have a girl's name picked out. They had a couple of ideas, but the one my daughter really liked, her husband said he only agreed to because he thought they were having a boy as well! LOL. I'm pretty sure they will never do the stereotypical things. Daughter was never a girly-girl, barely ever wore dresses, and never frilly ones. She rebelled against those by the time she could talk, took tae-kwon-do rather than ballet and was always determined to do everything her older brother did earlier and better than him. 

By the way, I'm totally trying not to be an obsessively doting grandma, so not going to subject anyone to more unsolicited photos, but I just got one from my son-in-law from the day we stopped by the hospital about 9 hours after she was born, and she just looks so lovely and alert that it's almost impossible to hold back - so if anyone cares to see it, PM me :)

This honestly DID start out all on topic and stuff! I'm weak!

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Bridget said:

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I hate these types of gender reveal parties.  The poor child is not even born yet and the friends and family are trying to stuff her into stereotypical gender roles.  I'm sure if it was a boy the place would have been decorated in a sport's theme.  I hate that they are already sending  a message that a little girl should be a delicate, girly dancer.  As someone who wanted to be a ballerina but am built like a linebacker, I am glad that I had an older brother close in age.  That way I was not bitterly disappointed when I  grew into a body that was never meant for anything delicate.  I highly doubt that a Jeremy/Jinger daughter will have this problem, but you never know.

(Not to mention, these gender roles are not as biblical-based as the Duggars and their ilk think.  Most of these ideas are straight out of Madision Avenue.)

I'm sad about the gender roles this girl will be forced into, too. Valued only for her baby-making abilities, and childcare and housekeeping, and waiting on one's husband. They pretend like they've read Proverbs 31 but they sure haven't digested it.

• Love 12
(edited)

Suck it, Anna - you will no longer have the only Duggar granddaughters. What are you going to open your trap and brag about now, your swine spouse JoshUa?

Edited by whydoiwatch
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Michelle an excellent role model? She is an excellent role model of what not to be. Of course Jeremy wants the baby to be like Jinger. He wants her to think he walks on water and be sweet and meek in order to feed his ego.

You know, this may sound insane, but Jinger may have a very different view of Michelle then say, Jordyn or Hannie. Jinger was older when the TLC money rolled in and while the bigger house gave the family more freedom and Michelle the ability to check out more, the pre-TLC days were likely miserable by our standards (too small house, lack of food and a shared bathroom) but they probably knew her better because there was no where to hide.

My oldest sister is 12 years older than me, my next sister is 6 years older---by the time I came around (my mom was an older mom in a time where that wasn't normal) she was done being a mom. My sisters remember cooking in the kitchen and days at the park, I remember an absentee mom who slept all day and let me roam the neighborhood with no boundaries. 

Now, do I think anyone should envy Michelle? No, but it's a line that toes the party and she probably has fond memories of her mom. 

OMG those pictures---I hate any girl being born into this cult---but they have true and real friends and I love it! That baby shower is so, so, so much better than anything the Duggar's will do for them.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

You know, this may sound insane, but Jinger may have a very different view of Michelle then say, Jordyn or Hannie. Jinger was older when the TLC money rolled in and while the bigger house gave the family more freedom and Michelle the ability to check out more, the pre-TLC days were likely miserable by our standards (too small house, lack of food and a shared bathroom) but they probably knew her better because there was no where to hide.

My oldest sister is 12 years older than me, my next sister is 6 years older---by the time I came around (my mom was an older mom in a time where that wasn't normal) she was done being a mom. My sisters remember cooking in the kitchen and days at the park, I remember an absentee mom who slept all day and let me roam the neighborhood with no boundaries. 

Now, do I think anyone should envy Michelle? No, but it's a line that toes the party and she probably has fond memories of her mom. 

3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

OMG those pictures---I hate any girl being born into this cult---but they have true and real friends and I love it! That baby shower is so, so, so much better than anything the Duggar's will do for them.

• Love 1

I'm sure they all love Michelle and think she's the best mom ever because that's what they've been told. And they have nothing to compare it to, not other families or TV. Some will figure it out someday though.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Bridget said:

Jeremy values sports, I foresee this child being able to participate in something. 

• Love 16

NOOOOOO! I don't want any of these fundie shitheads having daughters. Blergh. Here's hoping she's a true rebel that they can't break. 

2 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I loathe proselytizers with a passion. I've been fortunate in that I've never been trapped on a plane with one, but any other time I'm out alone, I get approached. I long ago gave up on politeness and am openly hostile. 

• Love 11

This news just made my day!  I am happy for them.  This little girl is going to be dressed to the nines.  No thrift shop "finds" for her.   I have a feeling Jill and Jessa are envious.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As someone who wanted to be a ballerina but am built like a linebacker, I am glad that I had an older brother close in age. 

Same here! I wanted to be a ballerina so badly in kindergarten (and still find ballet absolutely beautiful), but I have thicker shoulders and stouter legs than most men I know. It's not even a matter of being overweight, though I certainly could lose weight --  I inherited my burly dad's (and grandma's!) powerful build. There's no way in hell I would have made it in ballet. LOL Fortunately, I had an older brother who liked having a sturdy kid sister, even though he has made comments about my "linebacker" shoulders before. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, SMama said:

I’m sick of their gender reveals, and I’m sure it was filmed for next season. However, it’s good that it was held in Laredo, their home for now. I bet Boob was not happy about it. Was the entire family there for the reveal? @Lady Edith, how long before Jill, Jessa, and especially Anna self combust?

If it hasn’t happened already, I give it until the day that little Jinglette is born. Seeing as the baby won’t be around all the time, she will be favored in the eyes of everyone at the TTH. And as Anna will no longer have all of the girls, that will be an issue. 

Can I just say that I’m THRILLED that it’s a girl?!?!?  And I hope she is beautiful and graceful and fun and all the things that the Dugs lack. If they do not raise her to be Gothard she will grow up automatically and by default with more than the Duglings ever would. 

Now to finish reading responses...I’m sure SOMEONE in the TTH has made an ass of themselves over the baby being a girl and it’s been posted here for posterity. ?

• Love 7