Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: The Biggest Boob

• Start Topic

I thought Bethenny overstepped with the cocaine references.  Usually if I see a person is impaired I do my best to avoid confrontation.  If nothing else Bethenny should have been supportive of Dorinda in getting John out the door or let herself out.   There was no reason to have a discussion at that time other than Bethenny was guaranteed the win against an impaired John.  I am going to borrow a line from Bethenny during her guest appearance on RHOBH.  The whole scene had poor production value.  It felt like a producer sat in a bar with John got him liquored up and sent him up to a waiting Bethenny.  Coupled with the door where the latch impeded closing, I am just not finding much real. 

If Bethenny's idea is to reinvigorate her brand, it is lost on me.  I see nothing positive coming from her.  Her comments about Jules, I found Jules appropriate, maybe she just feels it inappropriate to give a blow by blow.  Her age comments, at first, because I am old, I was offended.  On second viewing I think her point is for mature adults their behavior is obnoxious.  I think her kids are cute and it is nice to have some young blood even if she is too thin and he is too short for the other RH's liking.

• Love 16

I noticed that when Dorinda went "to get some fresh air" after the fall out with Bethenny, she was smoking a cigarette outside the hotel.  Jules came down, and asked Dorinda for a drag of the cigarette.  

I guess that's okay - to take a drag of a cigarette from someone else's lips.

yeah, if you're 12.

• Love 2

I laughed a good 10 minutes when Bethanny asked John to take off "the snoopy scarf"  ... I know she is no ones favorite but her timing and delivery are impeccable. Between that and the impression of Ramona's robot apology I can't help but love her even though she is just the worst type of person (TM - Stewie Griffin)

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 21

I couldn't stand how Bethenny was practically bullying Jules to say something about the situation. Like why? Bethenny was there and is more than happy to share it in the worse narrative possible why is Jules supposed to jump on that? It seems like Jules was trying her best to descalate the situation in the hall with John so it seems that she's the type to just roll with it and try to resolve it enough so that they can just be on their way. I don't think she condones it per se but why the hell does she have to get dragged into a judgemental conversation about it? She didn't seem dumb or not having a clue actually she showed some really good restraint for not allowing herself to have people put words into her mouth. I don't think she agreed with the retelling of it and if that's Bethenny's thing then that HER thing not Jules. Jules doesn't HAVE to weigh in on a conversation that she's not happy to be involved in. This is how you handle being blindsided with a damaging conversation. Take note Rinna!

With that said she is really bugging me with the skinny bullshit and the age shaming. I'm not the type to clutch pearls,  so I'm not completely turned off by her yet, but she needs to put on the brakes and fast before it really does turn into something that will define her negatively as a housewife that she won't ever be able to shake with the viewers. Stop it Now!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7

What was with WWHL? I thought it was gonna be Ramona and Amy Schumer.

May have already been covered, but apparently Amy has a pretty bad larygitis or cold or something - she will be on again on 11 May with Ramona.

• Love 2

I noticed that when Dorinda went "to get some fresh air" after the fall out with Bethenny, she was smoking a cigarette outside the hotel.  Jules came down, and asked Dorinda for a drag of the cigarette.  

But what if those lips had touched shellfish???!!!!

• Love 18

I'm okay with that if it means one less cigarette on the streets.  I was thrilled when smoking started being banned, but all that's done is drive ALL of it onto the sidewalks and doorways, and especially in a place like NYC where you walk around everywhere, it's unbearable.

I was, well, disappointed isn't the right word because it's Bethenny and Ramona and expectations are low...but their conversation about men with small penises bugged me.  Ramona is admitting that she's cheating on someone, but the man she's cheating with is the bad guy because his penis is too small for her liking?  What's a man with a small penis supposed to do?  Never have a relationship?  Well, obviously never with either of these two, which might very well be a real selling point for having a small penis.

And hey, Ramona--would you rather have a small penis that's all yours, or one you consider adequate but you have to share? 

• Love 11

I have no sympathy for Ramona. If I overheard a friend's boyfriend making really inappropriate comments about her, I would tell her personally and ALONE. No way would I discuss it in front of a group of friends.

Why did Bethenny need to call Jules to corroborate her version of events? Then, when Jules clearly hesitates to give Bethenny the answers Bethenny wants, Bethenny insults her. Asshole. It's Bethenny's world and we're just living in it.

Dorinda does keep trying to sell John and it's mostly because everyone has such negative things to say about him. Legit complaints or not, Dorinda is with him and will likely stay with him for years to come. I think she wants everyone to shut up about him and just accept his place in her life.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 13

Beth's own pupils were dilated AF. Projecting much?

Those candy bars or whatever Beth was eating were already packaged, yet apparently that was the first time she had tried them. Evidently, she's not all that hands-on in the creation of her products.

The two that seem to have a problem right now with John are Ramona and Bethenny - Ramona, like you said, didn't like George either and Bethenny was never on the show at the same time as Aviva/George so we don't know what her reaction to him would be.

​Beth supposedly is friends with Aviva, and recommended her for the show, so she may have a double standard in regards to George. Plus, George's sexual advances would probably be considered flattering to Beth, considering how she craves attention.

Speaking of, the way she was practically begging for kudos regarding being "right" about John was kind of pathetic. I half expected her to ask for a banner.

This show had a tight cast in S6. TPTB really messed up a good thing.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 10

I was, well, disappointed isn't the right word because it's Bethenny and Ramona and expectations are low...but their conversation about men with small penises bugged me.  Ramona is admitting that she's cheating on someone, but the man she's cheating with is the bad guy because his penis is too small for her liking?  What's a man with a small penis supposed to do?  Never have a relationship?  Well, obviously never with either of these two, which might very well be a real selling point for having a small penis.

And hey, Ramona--would you rather have a small penis that's all yours, or one you consider adequate but you have to share? 

Did I mis-hear, or did Ramona really say this was a high school boyfriend?  Because she makes out like she's always been this religious Catholic, and now here we are hearing about high school sex.  [and I totally agree with the Previously.TV recap -- how have we never heard this story before?!?]. 

I knew Luann smoked, but shouldn't have been surprised to see Dorinda smoking.  I wonder if they all smoke, it's certainly a way of not eating and keeping your hands busy.  It's surprising to me because I know virtually no one over 35 who smokes - if they ever smoked they quit long ago.  .

• Love 6

I knew Luann smoked, but shouldn't have been surprised to see Dorinda smoking.  I wonder if they all smoke, it's certainly a way of not eating and keeping your hands busy.  It's surprising to me because I know virtually no one over 35 who smokes - if they ever smoked they quit long ago.  .

Just the sound of Luann's raspy voice makes me super glad that I quit a couple of years ago.

• Love 12

Well, I guess that solves the mystery of why Bethenny doesn't like John!  I'm sure she got an eyeful this summer in the Hamptons.  Wow, what a load of crazy.  Gee Dorinda, if you have to separate John from your child, and now John from your friends/coworkers, maybe that should be a big ol'red flag.  I mean, how many times is she going to scream that SHE gets to pick who she's with, not any of them?  I think everyone gets it Dorinda, you are a grown ass woman and you can be with whomever you choose, I think the point is that you have made a crappy choice.  No one questions your right to make it. 

• Love 15

I love Bethanny. I love her humor and her so very un PC way of joking. I'm sick of being PC and Jules does sound like shes not all there and she does sound like English is her second language. She's an idiot and Bethany is just calling her on it.

Just like she just called Dorindas other half on being coked up. Girlfriend does not have time for crap. She just tells it like it is.And I love her for it.

^^^ YUP.  :-)

"The elderly" (go fuck yourself.  then try to find someone who'll enjoy fucking your "young" dumb bony ass)

"I mean who cares; how is skinny not positive?" (uhmmmm - let me count the ways, most of which are related to life threatening illnesses ...)

fucking maroon.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 22

The title of this episode should be "What's the matter with Dorinda?".

She's a loon to put up with John.

I agree. What a boring episode.

"Snoopy Scarf"......HAHAHA!!

Jules is dull and dumb as dirt. Who's Caesar? GAH

The only thing I have so far about tonight's episode is that I am totally in love and obsessed with the jacket that Dorinda was wearing at the apology dinner with Ramona and Bethenny. I would love to know more about it (I wonder if it's a true Chanel jacket?) It was stunning and she looked great wearing it

I thought it was old lady looking, and I'm in my '50's. Beth looked great in the shorts outfit. Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 5

Did I mis-hear, or did Ramona really say this was a high school boyfriend?  Because she makes out like she's always been this religious Catholic, and now here we are hearing about high school sex.  [and I totally agree with the Previously.TV recap -- how have we never heard this story before?!?]. 

R:  Do you know the first person I ever had intercourse other than my high school lover, the first person...

B:  What?

R:  I was going out with him for a coup--a few months and we finally had...

B:  And it was tiny?

R:  Beyond tiny.

and then

R:  I thought it was God punishing me because I didn't break up with my other boyfriend.  So, I was having sex with two people.

I'm about Ramona's age, and for some perspective for the youngsters out there...sex in high school in the 1970s wasn't anywhere near as common as it is now.  She was pretty fast for those days.

• Love 7

​Beth supposedly is friends with Aviva, and recommended her for the show, so she may have a double standard in regards to George. Plus, George's sexual advances would probably be considered flattering to Beth, considering how she craves attention.

Bethenny said that she knew Aviva through a friend and that the reason that she recommended her was because her ex-husband slept with some of the other housewives. That says nothing about how she would have reacted to George (or if she had ever even met him). Ramona craves attention too, but she was repulsed by the way he acted.

I think if anyone tried to grab Bethenny the way George was grabbing at the women when he was there, she would not be happy. She doesn't even seem to like being touched by people she likes.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 7

Could Beth BE a more narcissistic asshole?  I dare say not.  Her low-key racist digs at Jules, her long-winded, Adderall-fueled diatribes - oy, she's exhausting and embarrassing Ugh and her try-hard "jokes." I've read funnier comics off a piece of bazooka bubble gum.

Now Jules bugged me several times (namely the age-shaming which you all have covered nicely). But I did like that she didn't automatically jump in the John-and-Dorinda bashing fray simply because the head Mean Girl was egging her on.

charmed1, on 21 Apr 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

I went to an underperforming poor school but we read quite a lot of Shakespeare and I've never quite heard Julius Caesar performed like that. "Ay too Broo Thai?" I guess so.

I could see the nanny too.

Bethenny said she has an ugly mug and newscaster hair, so I'm guessing she doesn't like her new hairstyle. Too bad she doesn't realize that's the best her hair has looked in years.

I totally got the vibe that the "ugly mug and newscaster hair" were digs at her that she read online somewhere --- Twitter, a blog or whatever.  And she was throwing them out as a "faux" dig on herself.  When, really, she was just mocking the people who said that about her.  Does that make sense?  I could totally be wrong though.  But just a hunch.  I think she's drank far too much of her own Kool-aide to really think those things about herself.

I find her Jules an interesting representative of the many Juleses who are keeping up w/the Joneses in (young mom) Manhattan. Like the Bravo Odd Mom Out moms.

Agreed.  And oooh that reminds me ... to never, ever ever watch that new In the Mommyhood show they've been pimping the hell out of. The commercial itself has me diving for the remote. 

• Love 17

Bethenny said that she knew Aviva through a friend and that the reason that she recommended her was because her ex-husband slept with some of the other housewives. That says nothing about how she would have reacted to George (or if she had ever even met him). Ramona craves attention too, but she was repulsed by the way he acted.

I think if anyone tried to grab Bethenny the way George was grabbing at the women when he was there, she would not be happy. She doesn't even seem to like being touched by people she likes.

Ramona "liked" George and found him funny/entertaining until she and Aviva had their falling out and then he became persona non grata to Ramona. LOL I do agree, I don't think Bethenny would appreciate him touching her but I think she would have been entertained by his gross humor.

• Love 5

John may be slimy and gross and chubby and plain, but let's face it, Dorinda is no super catch either. She had all the grace of a truck driver the way she was sitting at the bra party. Her drunken, profanity-laced tirades are also not too hot. She is also the class act that turned a black man into the coat check guy in a restaurant. She neither spins nor toils and John is the biggest wallet she can find to tolerate her.  Maybe Richard was a better catch who liked rough around the edges girls, but she is getting on in years and maybe not quite the catch she used to be.

I agree with you. I think Bethenny explained it in the first episode that Dorinda likes to play up the "salty broad" bit. Not that she doesn't come by it honestly, there's truth in it, but it's her schtick and she turns it up purposefully to create a contrast between herself and the other hw's. And then Bethenny kind of points this out when she tells Dorinda "this isn't Goodfella's" when she goes overboard in her outrage with Ramona like she's some kind of Bugsy Malone. It definately comes out more when she's wasted.

• Love 13

This show had a tight cast in S6. TPTB really messed up a good thing.

I think what really hurt the show was the long delay between the end of season 5 and season 6. Season 5 started low in the ratings with the cast shakeup but picked up the 2nd half of the season when the new cast combination finally seemed to gel. And the St. Barts trip episodes are classic! By the time season 6 started airing the long delay had hurt its momentum. I enjoyed that season and was disappointed it didn't get better ratings. If it had, we probably wouldn't have seen Bethenny's return and it would be a very different show.

Edited by Radar
  • Love 5

I kind of enjoyed  Jules and her husband. She seems basically harmless and you seldom see someone trying to keep Kosher on TV. Sure it was dumb and chaotic but she is obviously proud of her heritage and her religion and is not afraid to practice it on TV.  I can just hear Bethenny mocking her and trashing her and her religion the way she did her race and her husband.  I get it that she is a bit of  a dingbat but she reminds me of the Mom in the fictional Bravo Series "Odd Mom Out." She is just as disorganized and frantic. I am rooting for her.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 11

With that said she is really bugging me with the skinny bullshit and the age shaming. I'm not the type to clutch pearls,  so I'm not completely turned off by her yet, but she needs to put on the brakes and fast before it really does turn into something that will define her negatively as a housewife that she won't ever be able to shake with the viewers. Stop it Now!

I think Jules is pretty chill and laid back and it's her attempt at letting the housewives have it, prodded on by the show's producers. She knows if she's boring or unable to bring something to the table, then she's one and done. My guess is she likes her thinness to be a topic of conversation, gives her a little more something to add to her storyline, along with the little jabs to "the elderly".  It's early in the season, so hopefully she"s got something more interesting than that.

• Love 6

R:  Do you know the first person I ever had intercourse other than my high school lover, the first person...

and then

R:  I thought it was God punishing me because I didn't break up with my other boyfriend.  So, I was having sex with two people.

I'm about Ramona's age, and for some perspective for the youngsters out there...sex in high school in the 1970s wasn't anywhere near as common as it is now.  She was pretty fast for those days.

I must've attended fast slut high in the early 70s, then.   :-)

• Love 12

Jules needs to stop with the age shaming. Calling the women "the elderly". Get the fuck out of here with that. Bethenny is only one year older than her husband! And Carole, Lu, and Ramona are only about 5 years older than him. Is your husband "elderly"? 

I thought exactly the same thing -- if Bethenny is "elderly", that means Jules' husband is too.

Someone else here said that Jules' comment was no different than all the RHs who have done the same thing (Kristin, Meghan). I think the difference is that it was done without any sense of taking a wicked shot and came off as humourless.  Either she's really bad at delivering what she thinks is a "funny" line, or actually believes "the elderly"  means something like "these women are supposed to be my elders.".  I got the feeling she meant "too immature for their age" and actually doesn't know what "elderly" means.

Whatever the case, it comes across as dumb-as-a-stump.

• Love 9

I don't believe for a moment the Countess can afford the $22k apartment rental. I remember her looking at pied a terres in Season 3 and she seemed to balk at one that was $14k per month. With the kids grown up, she doesn't need a huge pad, especially if the Hamptons is her primary residence.

I thought the place she lived in for the first couple of seasons was a rental, and that seemed quite modest compared to the $22k spread.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 2

I'm okay with that if it means one less cigarette on the streets.  I was thrilled when smoking started being banned, but all that's done is drive ALL of it onto the sidewalks and doorways, and especially in a place like NYC where you walk around everywhere, it's unbearable.

Whenever I hear miserable, old hags like Bethenny and Ramona make comments about a small penis, I just roll my eyes.  If I were a man and heard an insult like that, I'd respond by comparing their vaginas to hefty bags or something.  But I'm a bitch.

• Love 10

Celluloid?  Et tu Brootay?

Celluloid?  Is that what she said?  I couldn't figure it out, but I knew whatever she said sure as hell wasn't cellulite.  Actually I think the "Et tu Brute"  was correct, or close to it though going for the Latin pronunciation. 

• Love 6

"Take off the Snoopy scarf" was hilarious but what was even funnier was watching how quickly John whipped that ol' scarf off! Can't believe he actually did what she TOLD him to do! He's sitting there all fired up and he still did what he was told! Ha!

• Love 13

But what if those lips had touched shellfish???!!!!

That was my point!  I was wondering when/if she realized that Dorinda probably ate some of that fried shrimp.  

There was  another thing I was wondering about with Jules, and please enlighten me if I'm wrong.  When she went on and on about how they always celebrate Shabbat, I think it took her longer to explain that in her talking head than it did for her to say the actual prayers and blessings over the candles.  I have never heard prayers being recited so fast, even from some drive-by Catholics.  (I'm Catholic, and I've heard that term used for parishoners who show up late for Mass, and then leave as they are swallowing their Communion wafers - not waiting until the end of Mass).  

I don't know - I'm assuming you celebrate Shabbat for the reasons intended and also to teach your children the importance and meaning of the day and the prayers.  Am I wrong?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

I'm not a fan of Bethenny, but she made me laugh many times this episode.  I actually paused and rewound just to listen again. All in all, I found most of them amusing with the exception of Drunk Dorinda, Vito Spatafore (John), and Carole.  Whoops, and Jules.

Edited by Pattycake2
  • Love 5
I fuckin couldn't stand or take Bethenny and Ramona. It's like these two lame ass single bitches trying devise a plan to broke up Dorinda and John. The point is they don't have to like John and John doesn't have to like them but in the end respect Dorinda's choice to be with him and she's happy then who are you, Bethenny, to try and force her to dump him. It just amazes me how this woman was the dating expert last year and now she wants to be the breakup artist!

I don't get comments like this.  To me, this is a perfect way to silence someone, "you're not in a relationship, you're just jealous."  So all single women are just bitter and want to get into relationships with disgusting drunks like John?  Sure.

I don't know if Dorinda is male identified or no; if she's the type of woman who feels she's nothing without a man, that she doesn't exist or something, without a man.  I feel that Bethenny has seen and been around a lot of dysfunction, as have I.  I've seen relationships like Dorinda and John and it usually ends with one or both of them getting physical, police are called, it's not pretty.

The reason why Bethenny and Ramona have so much to say is probably because they've been in plenty of fucked up relationships to know one when they see it and there are only a few patterns in life.

That said, not every woman wants the same type of relationship.  Dorinda and John, right now, might work well together.  Dorinda told Ramona and Bethenny, "Let me figure it out."  To be a true friend, you sometimes have to allow your friends to fall, to be wrong and then tell them that you'll be there for them, if they need picking up.  

Dorinda has been widowed and divorced.  Maybe John is just what she needs, maybe she'll never marry or move in with him, maybe they'll just get drunk and have fun, until it's not fun anymore.  

I think Bethenny and Ramona were right about what they said about John, I do think he's a disgusting pig, a drunk; but they have to let Dorinda go and learn on her own.

Sometimes I'm saddened when I see women push away their girlfriends for men, men who in many cases aren't going to stick around.  The reason I feel that way is because I work with elderly women REAL elderly women Jules, women in their 70's, 80's, higher.  Sadly for many of these women the men are gone, either dead or not doing too well.  These women take care of each other, look out for each other.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11

Oh I really hate her now.

Ok so I'm not the only one who was wondering how this happens. Does Dorinda just have a low tolerance or is she drinking before these events because everyone else is drinking the same wine and staying relatively sober while she's slurring and crying. Is she throwing back more drinks at these events that we're just not seeing?

I'm pretty sure Dorinda starts her hungover day with a cigarette, and a few whiskys with a splash of coffee.  Alternately, several Bloody Marys, light on the tomato juice. 

I must've attended fast slut high in the early 70s, then.   :-)

Ditto.  Sex, drugs, rock & roll and the Pill!  Summer of love a year or two earlier.

and then

Beyond tiny is really shocking and really bad, also oddly painful, since it's always slamming near the entry, slipping out and slamming again. 

ahem

or so I've heard.  ONCE, only once.

I feel sorry for men with that problem, but seriously, I'm supposed to worry about women discussing this, when men talk about women's bodies not only more often, but more critically.  There's a reason there is so much botox, fake boobs, fake noses, fake hair color, and endless working out and dieting out there now. 

• Love 12

I'm pretty sure Dorinda starts her hungover day with a cigarette, and a few whiskys with a splash of coffee.  Alternately, several Bloody Marys, light on the tomato juice. 

Ditto.  Sex, drugs, rock & roll and the Pill!  Summer of love a year or two earlier.

Beyond tiny is really shocking and really bad, also oddly painful, since it's always slamming near the entry, slipping out and slamming again. 

ahem

or so I've heard.  ONCE, only once.

I feel sorry for men with that problem, but seriously, I'm supposed to worry about women discussing this, when men talk about women's bodies not only more often, but more critically.  There's a reason there is so much botox, fake boobs, fake noses, fake hair color, and endless working out and dieting out there now. 

OK, I start every day with a cigarette & coffee, occasionally chased with a Bloody Caesar or other alcoholic libation, but I digress.  Is it possible we fucked the same needledick in college???  :-)

Apparently I didn't do enough drugs or alcohol to erase any of my early unsavory encounters from my memory ...  should've done harder shit than pot & hash, eh!

• Love 7

The thing about the small penis talk was that it all started because Bethanny couldn't stop bitching about how the small olives in her drink. It probably threw off her entire meal plan for the day!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16

OK, I start every day with a cigarette & coffee, occasionally chased with a Bloody Caesar or other alcoholic libation, but I digress.  Is it possible we fucked the same needledick in college???  :-)

Apparently I didn't do enough drugs or alcohol to erase any of my early unsavory encounters from my memory ...  should've done harder shit than pot & hash, eh!

Only if he was a super nice, very cool funny guy, first name begins with T, and very handsome (looked like Kris Kristofferson at his prime and best.)  I'd say a baby carrot described it well, did Bethenny come up with that, or did Ramona?

• Love 1

I was a counselor at a free clinic in the mid 70s. The girls from nearby Catholic schools were the whorey-ist girls on earth. Not slut shaming because they were the whorey-ist girls on earth. I wonder if I counseled the Moaner....

• Love 5