Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, janie jones said:

Not that two wrongs make a right, but I think it's pretty ridiculous that the wife makes such a big deal about it that it can be used against her in the first place.

I've never understood this debate at all nor liked the implied helplessness of women who lack the capability to check and put the seat down if it's up.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

It is not helplessness:  It is the reluctance to put a nasty, perhaps peed-on toilet seat down, with the hand that will be wiping a delicate area immediately thereafter. 

If the seat is up, it won't be peed on. Personal hygiene is an individual's responsibilty.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

If the seat is up, it won't be peed on. Personal hygiene is an individual's responsibilty.

Not always.  I had several brothers.  And I am used to washing my hands AFTER, not before.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I can't find a link for it, but the ad with the man and his daughter in the car, and dad shows off the car can parallel park. I love it. The dad is adorable. 

I love that one, too. The way she kinda rolls her eyes like she's too cool for this but then ends up admitting she's amused and having fun. And the dad with his little jazz hands.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I don't know that I'd necessarily call them favorites, but any of those car commercials that feature dogs, especially when they show the passage of time, can make me tear up.

I love the Duck ad.  Especially the longer version where we find out he's called Duck because the boy couldn't pronounce Duke when he was little.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 15
23 hours ago, Brattinella said:

It is not helplessness:  It is the reluctance to put a nasty, perhaps peed-on toilet seat down, with the hand that will be wiping a delicate area immediately thereafter. 

You could always install one of those foot pedals that raises the seat when it's pressed and lowers it again when you take your foot away, but just kicking it up or down works too (as long as you're not wearing a loose-fitting shoe).

45 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

You could always install one of those foot pedals that raises the seat when it's pressed and lowers it again when you take your foot away, but just kicking it up or down works too (as long as you're not wearing a loose-fitting shoe).

Why in the world would I do that?  The seat is always down in my house.

• Love 3

Note:  This only works if you have an ensuite bathroom!!  When I got up at night & found the toilet seat UP, I slammed it DOWN as hard as I could.  Back to bed, my husband would ask what happened & I told him the seat was up & I put it down.  I only had to do it twice.  LOL.

• Love 9
On 6/10/2017 at 11:09 PM, riley702 said:

OMG, the "putter" commercial is hilarious! "Sometimes I leave the seat up - on purpose!"

I fall in love with him every single time he does that little chuckle.

• Love 9
Just now, Ms Lark said:

The return of the Energizer Bunny. I giggle like a tween every time he wiggles his cute "fluffy little tail." Just enough cowbell, too.

Me too. I love it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ms Lark said:

The return of the Energizer Bunny. I giggle like a tween every time he wiggles his cute "fluffy little tail." Just enough cowbell, too.

Me, too!  That wiggle kills me every time!

• Love 4

The Most Interesting Man in the World is back. Yippee!

The most interesting man in the world is back - and this time, he's trading beer for tequila.

In 2016, we said goodbye to Dos Equis's spokesperson, Jonathan Goldsmith, 78, (the original "most interesting man") in epic fashion by sending him off to Mars.

With Goldsmith at the helm, the Heineken-owned Mexican beer company nearly tripled its business, according to USA Today. However, the company terminated his contract, citing the necessity to appeal to a "younger crowd" and the evolution of millennial drinkers as the main reasons. 

A year later, Astral Tequila - a product of the New York City-based wine and spirits company Davos Brands - has poached the world's most interesting man. And, as if that wasn't enough, the liquor company takes quite the dig at the beer brand and its 10-year-old campaign. In a new 17-second spot, Goldsmith looks over to a woman on his left and says, "I told you ... I don't always drink beer."

• Love 10
9 hours ago, cynicat said:

Yay!  I can't stand the new Dos Equis guy.  He's not even Mildly Interesting.  

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/02/most-interesting-man-world-friends-barack-obama-215215

The Most Interesting Man auditions:

Time went by and I nearly forgot about it. But then I was called back. “He was terrific!” the casting director told us. “There’s just one problem. They want someone younger.”

Foiled again, I thought. Barbara [his agent] was furious.

“This doesn’t make any sense at all,” she responded. “You can’t be interesting if you’re young.”

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

I love the fluffy tail too.  But I gotta say, I coulda used more cowbell.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:28 PM, Cobb Salad said:

With all the puns I wonder how the woman in this commercial was able to not bust out laughing.  A disgusting topic but because I'm 12, I think it's funny.

Hee! The first time I saw this commercial I thought it was a spoof and not an actual commercial for a real product.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I like the Cricket Wireless commercials with the little "things" that dance (what ARE they??). I tried to copy the dance the other day. Husband was not impressed.

This one?

I thought they were Tribbles, because one of them is fuzzy, but I'm not sure.

On June 10, 2017 at 10:09 PM, riley702 said:

OMG, the "putter" commercial is hilarious! "Sometimes I leave the seat up - on purpose!"

I have to confess that the first time I saw this, I giggled at the toilet seat line—maybe because my ex (even though among other things, he decided he didn't want to be employed even though he had three kids that did not have wealthy grandparents to support them) not only always put the seat down, but closed the lid as well, because in my home growing up, that's what civilized people did. 
But on the second and all subsequent viewings, I realized that the putter was okay but, wow, if he leaves the seat up on purpose (hoping she'll fall in the toilet??), that marriage is in trouble even if they can afford separate bathrooms for him and her. Or maybe not in that case? Maybe the dudes that created the ad are too wealthy to realize there are families in which two parents and three daughters (like ours was) are lucky if they have two bathrooms for everyone?

• Love 1

We were a family of mom, dad, son and daughter. The one inviolate rule was the seat and lid were always put down after use no matter who used it. 

• Love 9

I love the Spectrum ad with the monsters on the train. "I'll be summoning the apocalypse. Oh, and the kids have soccer. I'm bringing the orange slices this week. It's what I do." Between that and the werewolf saying, "Just a lot of howling. You know, I like to howl. A little bit of me time." Too funny.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Gam2 said:

We were a family of mom, dad, son and daughter. The one inviolate rule was the seat and lid were always put down after use no matter who used it. 

I don't understand anything else as a matter of routine, because I don't get leaving the lid up to begin with (and if you're going to lower the lid, of course the seat is going to go with it).  But I'm not bothered by the commercial in which the husband/father laughs about the fact he occasionally does otherwise on purpose just to fuck with his family -- they seemingly leave him to do all the driving, and then completely ignore him so they can listen to whatever they want in their own heads but he's stuck with a big ball of silence for however many thousand miles.

I am in no way in favor of people constantly being up each other's butts, discussing every detail of their lives, or otherwise not enjoying the freedom to spend part of a road trip in their own head.  But, as presented by this commercial (in which, of course, women suck and kids are also fuckwits), they all not only leave him to do all the driving but spend their whole time as passengers engaged in solitary pursuits rather than popping up regularly to help him retain concentration on the seemingly endless highway.  So good on him for occasionally fucking with them in harmless ways; the retaliation is passive-aggressive, so there are better ways, but I'm not fired up about it.

• Love 10

I just saw the commercial with the dad and son and the GMC black pickup truck. The boy copied everything the dad did and he came home with a miniature GMC black truck for the boy.

Apropos for Father's Day.

• Love 3

I binge watched shows recently and have a new favorite:  the Mathew McConaughey one for Lincoln where he's taking the dogs for a drive and deciding where to go to eat.  The two dogs have the most delightfully puzzled faces when he tells them that they are not going for bbq.

• Love 1
On 6/18/2017 at 0:43 AM, Bastet said:

I don't understand anything else as a matter of routine, because I don't get leaving the lid up to begin with (and if you're going to lower the lid, of course the seat is going to go with it).

If you keep the lid down, how are casual passersby going to see how well your brand of bowl cleaner is working?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I binge watched shows recently and have a new favorite:  the Mathew McConaughey one for Lincoln where he's taking the dogs for a drive and deciding where to go to eat.  The two dogs have the most delightfully puzzled faces when he tells them that they are not going for bbq.

I don't care for McConaughey, but I do love the dogs.  I always hope they left him a tangible expression of their displeasure in not going for BBQ...

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Brattinella said:

There is a new commercial for iPhone7 and AT&T (I think) and the song is Unchained Melody, performed by a lady with a wonderful voice.  Does anyone know who she is? 

13 hours ago, LazyToaster said:
  On 6/4/2017 at 2:33 AM, ChiCricket said:

I really liked this one.

Like a mother

On 6/20/2017 at 10:35 PM, callie lee 29 said:

I LOVE this commercial!! Samsung Ostrich ad. Not only does it make me just smile (and tear up), it's just beautifully shot. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjKd24UCPYY

Why don't I ever see any of these on tv?  These would catch my attention.  I must be watching the wrong shows.

• Love 3