Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

That's a charming gummy bear ad. I can't make out what they're singing at the end, but one thing I like is that the creatives didn't feel the need to "sum up" or "explain" the concept with a voiceover announcer saying, "Gummy Bears make everyone feel like a kid again." That's obviously the concept of the ad, but they trust the audience to get it without having it spelled out for them. (Unless the song is doing it. Like I say, I can't make it out.)

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 3

Loving the Haribo gummy bears ad! Not sure if it's the same one @Milburn Stone brought up (boardroom meeting with little kids dubbed over the adults).  I don't even know how long it's been playing (I don't get out much), but it's so cute I could pinch it.

I took German in high school, and still remember the Haribo jingle! ("Haribo macht kinder froh; und erwachtsen eben so!")

Apologies to all the native speakers who are giggling uncontrollably at my spelling.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, forumfish said:

Ignoring the fact that it's Walmart, I love the first part of this commercial because my goodness, is that not the most adorable happy baby ever?

Cute kid, but I hate them for making me sick of a song I used to like. Because it's on 90 gazillion times an hour.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2

I laugh at that one too, Maizie!  She infuriates me, though.  How does she say with such an exasperated tone, say to THAT GUY, "Hey, I was eating a Milky Way"??  Like, what do you expect?  He might could HURT you, little girl!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I watched that like five times because it made me laugh out loud -- more than some sitcoms.

The bearded guy is especially adorable when he says, "The red one is more gooder to me..."

I laugh out loud to that one, too, Smith!  Adorable ads! 

• Love 1

I can not lie - I love the Capital One commercials with Samuel L. Jackson, Charles Barkley, and Spike Lee. Yes, they'll be on during every commercial break during the NCAA tournament, but they make me giggle every time.  This year, they have a Steaks on a Plane one. 

I'm easily amused. :)

• Love 8
On 3/12/2017 at 11:51 AM, irisheyes said:

I can not lie - I love the Capital One commercials with Samuel L. Jackson, Charles Barkley, and Spike Lee. Yes, they'll be on during every commercial break during the NCAA tournament, but they make me giggle every time.  This year, they have a Steaks on a Plane one. 

I'm easily amused. :)

My favorite one so far is the one about Charles' ringtone.

• Love 1

OMG. I wrote in the enrage thread about the Haribo kid voiced adults. It makes me want to smash my TV.

I don't watch much television so I have no idea if this commercial is new or not. I cannot find it on You Tube. It is for Subaru and shows a couple adopting a puppy and the lady saying, "He's the one" and in tears. Then we see a couple that just had a baby and mom is headed off in the car and dad is holding the baby and nervously says, "We're all right."

Next thing shows it is a few years later and the kid is sitting in the backseat of the car and they pull up at a light next to the couple with the now few years old dog. The guy in the dog car smiles at the couple with the kid in the car and the boy waves to the dog. I just love that commercial. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, rcc said:

Nothing would make me like Spike Lee!

Well, you got me there, lol.  He's tolerable because I don't think he says as much as Sam and Charles.  But yeah, I truly can't stand the little gnome. 

• Love 3
On 3/26/2017 at 0:22 AM, Silver Raven said:

I love this Domino's ad taking off on Ferris Bueller, and it even has Allan Ruck in it.

What's with all the hair? Ferris was very clean-cut, but this guy looks more like Charlie Sheen's character in the police station.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

What's with all the hair? Ferris was very clean-cut, but this guy looks more like Charlie Sheen's character in the police station.

The actor is Joe Keery from "Stranger Things", I guess it's his signature look.

I can't think of a good forum to post this (I thought there was a fashion forum but I'm challenged today) I just saw a commercial for the Duluth Trading No Yank Tank. The ad has everything that speaks to me: normal looking women doing non-girly things. I'm interested in this tank, does anyone here have personal experience with them?

Here's the commercial: http://women.duluthtrading.com/features/wm-no-yank-tug-of-war-ad.aspx

http://women.duluthtrading.com/store/womens/work-clothes/womens-tank-tops/73509.aspx?processor=content

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

I can't think of a good forum to post this (I thought there was a fashion forum but I'm challenged today) I just saw a commercial for the Duluth Trading No Yank Tank. The ad has everything that speaks to me: normal looking women doing non-girly things. I'm interested in this tank, does anyone here have personal experience with them?

Here's the commercial: http://women.duluthtrading.com/features/wm-no-yank-tug-of-war-ad.aspx

http://women.duluthtrading.com/store/womens/work-clothes/womens-tank-tops/73509.aspx?processor=content

I do. I've bought several of their slightly longer t-shirts and tank tops in different nice colors, some tunics and a couple of pairs of pants. I love their stuff. It's well made and looks good. I'm tall and really appreciate the shirt length and that they have tall pants for women. I lust after some of the bags I see in their catalog -- next time I want a present for myself and have a couple of extra hundred bucks I know what I'm getting.

ETA: According to their website and catalog, they do a talent search for normal working women and use them as models. Of course they pick the most photogenic ones, but they are not professional models.

Edited by CoderLady
  • Love 8