Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

(edited)
13 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Heh, Susan Lucci.

I've seen 3 versions of this where she says something different in each one.  This one is the best.  Her expression at the end cracks me up.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8

With all the rage inducing Liberty Mutual commercials out there, it was so fun to see this Allstate commercial. There is a certain amount of real life truth here :)

• Love 12

I first saw this commercial a few days ago, and immediately loved the catchy song playing in background -- had no idea who was singing it.  Was shocked when I googled "Just another day" and found out it's Lady Gaga!  Then I went on iTunes & bought it!  Great song!  Apparently it's been out for awhile, but they don't play in on the Sirius stations I listen to (50s on 5; 60s on 6 & the Sinatra station).  Hey...cut me some slack -- I'm 66 y.o.  :)  Anyhow, kudos to Lady Gaga for this one. 

• Love 5
On 5/7/2017 at 8:57 PM, Amethyst said:

The DriveTime commercials are pretty funny, but this is their best one yet.  That beat is sick!

I love their Missy Elliott-type moves.

• Love 2
On 5/17/2017 at 4:50 PM, shoregirl said:

I was just coming in to post this one.  It really is lovely. 

I love this commercial too. I also am a big fan of the song as well. 

On 5/13/2017 at 6:46 PM, scarletine said:

This is a lovely commercial. It makes me tear up every time. 

I wanted to post my love for this commercial too and the song as well.

• Love 1
On 5/14/2017 at 9:02 AM, Haleth said:

I've seen 3 versions of this where she says something different in each one.  This one is the best.  Her expression at the end cracks me up.

As a fan of soap operas this commercial is funny on so many levels.  The insane plot lines, the furs, everything is on point.  And the icing on the cake is having Susan Lucci on this grand staircase looking STUNNING and say something so totally dramatic is just perfect

• Love 8

I wasn't sure where to post this comment: in the Commercials that Make Us Shake Our Heads" or this one, but since it's referenced upthread, I guess I will add it here.  It's the Subaru ad with the kids doing dangerous or destructive things being stopped by a parent and the kid at the end wanting to drive the Subaru in the rainstorm.  I love the kids and their "wonderful" ideas...haircuts and skiing down stairs, but when I saw the final kid wanting the Subaru, I thought he was still a "kid."  To my age-addled brain, he looks like he's about 12.  Too young to be driving, in the rain or not!  Took me a couple of viewings to believe that he's old enough to drive.  Sigh...I am so old...

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

It's the Subaru ad with the kids doing dangerous or destructive things being stopped by a parent and the kid at the end wanting to drive the Subaru in the rainstorm.

The way he asks implies that the family has at least one other vehicle and none of the others are Subarus. Since he's given the go-ahead, is the Subaru the one that his parents would least care to see totaled? Anyways, it's nice to see a departure from the super brand loyalty that characterizes most car ads.

One of the scariest aspects of that Burger King commercial is that the song used in it -- "Return of the Mack" -- is 20 years old.  It's so hard for me to think of 90s songs being oldies.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, mmecorday said:

One of the scariest aspects of that Burger King commercial is that the song used in it -- "Return of the Mack" -- is 20 years old.  It's so hard for me to think of 90s songs being oldies.

Despite the presence of the King, when "Return of the Mack" started playing, I thought it was a McDonald's commercial.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, mmecorday said:

What do you mean? The '90s were only ten years ago? (*she says repeatedly from her little bubble of denial*)

The food does not look good at all, but the song usage cracks me up.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, RandomMe said:

What do you mean? The '90s were only ten years ago? (*she says repeatedly from her little bubble of denial*)

I'm similarly in denial, and math-challenged as well, so there are times I've said things to my husband, "But that was 1996!  That was only about 10 years ago!"  It always comes as a shock when he corrects me.  :-(  The aughts have really messed me up. 

• Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I'm confused.  This is your favorite commercial?  Why?

Although having the King in a right-hand drive car is a nice touch!

The song. Chester Cheetah the Cheetos mascot being in it. Chester's head being superimposed over the original singer's head.  I find it all to be funny.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

Please Help me... I am looking for one commercial I saw probably 10 years ago on National geographic or Discovery Channel. I saw it once and never ever again. I think it is commercial for some kind of alcohol beverage. There is a man building a small sail boat on the shore, and every night he see fisherman going fishing... One night storm strikes, ligthouse was out  and he set fire to his boat that he build for a long time to show that fishermen safe way to shore.

Please if anyone knows whhere to see it i will be gratefull.

btw this is one of best commercials I have ever saw.

• Love 1
On 5/14/2017 at 8:20 AM, SoSueMe said:

With all the rage inducing Liberty Mutual commercials out there, it was so fun to see this Allstate commercial. There is a certain amount of real life truth here :)

I can't tell you how much I LOVE this commercial.  The teenager was "delicious" & I always stop ff to watch it.  LOL!!  Congrats All State!!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Maizie131 said:

Love this new one for Milk Bones.  

I think that's the same Golden Retriever that drives a Subaru. 

I think if you hit 'enter' at the end of your link, PTV will load the video.

• Love 1
On ‎05‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:19 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

My new favorite commercial:

It took me more than one viewing to get that he was narrating his own actions, but once I did, I loved it.  Especially the squinty eyes.

• Love 1

I think Ford vehicles are trash on wheels but I love this dog and I love that the hubby did this and I love that the lady loves her dog and I can't help but be peppy when I hear "(I Would Walk) 500 Miles" and so I love this ad even if it grosses me out to feel this way.

• Love 4

As fatigued as I've gotten with Flo and the Progressive commercials, I laugh every time they show the one with Susan Lucci. I hope they make more of those with less of Flo!

• Love 2

Allstate is killing it with it's commercials lately.  This one because I've had the same discussion with my husband numerous times, this one because of the new putter, and this one because the kid doesn't shirk responsibility.  Great new series of ads with believable people.  No whiners like in the Liberty Mutual ads.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Allstate is killing it with it's commercials lately.  This one because I've had the same discussion with my husband numerous times, this one because of the new putter, and this one because the kid doesn't shirk responsibility.  Great new series of ads with believable people.  No whiners like in the Liberty Mutual ads.

I love the one with the teenage boy (in plaid shirt).  He's smart, polite & respectful.  Hilarious!!!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Haleth said:

OMG, the "putter" commercial is hilarious! "Sometimes I leave the seat up - on purpose!"

• Love 18