Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Ancaster said:

I loathe this ad.  I find it bad enough when real children are in ads talking in baby/cutesy voices, when grown men do it it's horrible.

Gods, yes - those voices are hard enough to listen to coming out of actual children, so all the awful Haribo ads where they're coming out of adults result in an instant mute/channel change for me.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

Not necessarily a fav commercial, but I’m happy to see Jeremy Renner looking and sounding so well in the Silk commercial. 

• Like 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, redpencil said:

Just this Allstate Mayhem ad with Larry Bird and I am crying.

"Now you're the Bird stuck in the attic."

It reminds me of the State Farm commercial where Aaron Rodgers destroyed his living room trying to kill a fly.  And I don't want to be reminded me of Aaron Rodgers.  (Although I do enjoy remembering Clay Matthews in that one, when he asks "Well, did you get it?" with a mouth full of food after the golf club flies through the window and especially when we see him through the broken window in the background, taking his turn swinging at the fly while Rodgers talks the adjuster.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
On 3/19/2024 at 12:56 AM, redpencil said:

Just saw this Allstate Mayhem ad with Larry Bird and I am crying.

That was hilarious especially the line of he's the bird in the attic now.

• Like 2

The Allstate Larry Bird commercial makes me laugh because I remember my husband telling me that he fell through the ceiling of his ranch house trying to fix something. He says his young daughter who was in the living room looked at him and said - Daddy, why did you do that? 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

My work is collecting for a food drive, so there are boxes all over the place -- specifically for peanut butter.  Every time I pass one, I think, "The peanut butter box is here!  The peanut butter box is here!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 18
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

the other pigeon cracks me up saying "umm hmmm."   🤣

That purple pigeon makes me laugh at least once in all the commercials in this series.  The green one usually doesn't, but in that one I do get a kick out of their "How dare you?" in response to being asked "Don't you ever get sick of bread?"

And in this one, I love the shot of the jibberish pecked out on the screen when the green one says "maybe work on my novel".

• LOL 6

I don’t know if this is a controversial opinion or not (*will not check the Commercials We Hate thread will not check the Commercials We Hate thread*) but if Katherine, Willie, Tyler and Toby worked at my local Wendy’s I would go there every day.

I just love them and the ads.  All of them.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

if Katherine, Willie, Tyler and Toby worked at my local Wendy’s I would go there every day.

“Two hot coffees.”

Still my favorite.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Just saw one with David & Victoria Beckham and how we lose a memory to remember something else, she says that is not real & he asks something like "didn't you used to be a pepper lady or something?", amused me for no real reason. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, mojoween said:

I don’t know if this is a controversial opinion or not (*will not check the Commercials We Hate thread will not check the Commercials We Hate thread*) but if Katherine, Willie, Tyler and Toby worked at my local Wendy’s I would go there every day.

I just love them and the ads.  All of them.

There’s one where they talk about burger squared or something and for the life of me I can’t figure out what she says then he says at the end. She mumbled and he shouts. 

Tyler says burger squared, and Katherine says “I’m surprised Tyler knows what squaring is” and then to the best of my ability to understand him Tyler says “math nougat!”

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Tyler says burger squared, and Katherine says “I’m surprised Tyler knows what squaring is” and then to the best of my ability to understand him Tyler says “math nougat!”

It's "bisc-squared" as they're talking about breakfast biscuits.  I think Tyler says, "Mathletes!" at the end.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 2/22/2024 at 10:39 PM, voiceover said:

My new favorite is the Haribo ad with two NFL defensive lineman sharing gummi bears, discussing why they love them in overdubbed kids’ voices.

I find most of those Haribo ads with kids' voices horribly annoying, but this one, with the football players? Literally makes me laugh out loud!

Edited by Moose135
  • Like 8
(edited)

We're getting a kick out of the CFP ads. A woman is on the examining table and the doctor asks, "So, which one of these legs are we operating on?" The patients says it's her rotator cuff & asks him if he's an orthopedist. He said, "I'm a Sagittarius". 😁

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

We're getting a kick out of the CFP ads. A woman is on the examining table and the doctor asks, "So, which one of these legs are we operating on?" The patients says it's her rotator cuff & asks him if he's an orthopedic surgeon/Dr. He said, "I'm a Sagittarius". 😁

When I was a kid (12 yoa) I went to the doctor because I was having the signs of appendicitis.  He started checking my testicles and said I didn't have a hernia.  I was like what?  Appendix, doctor.  It's a lot higher. Fortunately he did remove my appendix and not other parts.

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 1

The only role Kristen Wiig ever played on SNL that made me laugh was the Target check-out lady. So the new Target ad with her getting ready for work,  and Prince's 'Baby I'm a Star' playing in the background makes me smile.

• Like 2

The Wendys ads worked on me. The Wendys near us closed last year. Today we drove 12 miles for lunch and to get an orange creamsicle frosty. It was good but I expected more of an orange flavor. It was a pleasant outing on a beautiful day.

• Like 6
(edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 12:22 PM, chessiegal said:

The Wendys ads worked on me. The Wendys near us closed last year. Today we drove 12 miles for lunch and to get an orange creamsicle frosty. It was good but I expected more of an orange flavor. It was a pleasant outing on a beautiful day.

Arby's occasionally does a "creamsicle" shake (they don't call it that). Unfortunately I used to have a hot dog place by me that made a vanilla orange shake that beat all these by a mile.  I'm not sure of the recipe, but I assume it was orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream, don't know if orange juice was also added, but it had a very strong orange taste.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 4:29 PM, meep.meep said:

Sounds like an Orange Julius

I like Orange Julius but unfortunately we don't have them in the Chicago area. As a kid I used to make my own with orange juice, vanilla ice cream, 7 Up, and confectioner's sugar (i would also add a spoon or two  of orange Tang if we had it). Confectioner's sugar is the secret to get the "mouth feel" of Orange Julius. Some people use frozen orange juice concentrate, but I never did that.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Just saw an ad for Etsy that made me laugh. It takes place in the late 1800's. An official looks out a window, sees the Statue of Liberty and says something like, "Great! Now we have to get *them* something" 😁

I've seen that one, very clever! The French guy says something like how about a cheese platter?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4