Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, ebk57 said:

This one makes me laugh. Great use of the song.

I don't know the song, so maybe that would have helped; I saw that commercial during football last night and it felt like it went on for a lot longer than it did.

On the flip side, while this apparently isn't new, I just saw it for the first time this morning and did laugh, thanks to the delivery of the friend at home, especially on her closing line:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don't know the song, so maybe that would have helped; I saw that commercial during football last night and it felt like it went on for a lot longer than it did.

On the flip side, while this apparently isn't new, I just saw it for the first time this morning and did laugh, thanks to the delivery of the friend at home, especially on her closing line:

That was hilarious. "I said drop your bank not rob your bank." I love that she's not going to go pick her up. Good choice and hangs up with "Oh, she's going to jail." 

• Like 2
On 12/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, Shrek said:

I'm liking the one for the Snyders pretzel rods making the log cabin for the gingerbread man rather than him having to build one from his own people. 

This the one you're talking about?  Yeah, I like it too and the man in the commercial is handsome. 😍

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

This the one you're talking about?  Yeah, I like it too and the man in the commercial is handsome. 😍

Yes that's the one, loving the gingerbread man & his expressions as well as the actual log cabin.

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Dr Rick is back with a commercial about teaching his patients to throw away things like scraps of wood and butter containers.

He also has one with LL Cool J in it

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Haven't seen that one yet!

I hadn't either, so I looked it up and posted it here, but that was the day they rolled out an update then rolled it back, and posts made in the interim were all lost.  Here it is:

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 3

I have a new favorite.  Have you seen the one where a guy is driving down a country road in a pickup and sees a small pony in the middle of the road.  He stops and pets it a little, gaining trust.  The poor thing walks over to the guardrail and you can see it's separting him from Mama and family.  He tries but can't get over the rail. He bravely let's the guy pick him up and gently puts him down on the other aide and is so happy.  It is sosoooosoo sweet.  I watch it everytime and still couldn't tell you who the ad is for.  I just love the sentiment.

• Like 5

Frosted Flakes has been brought back the commercial with Tony the Tiger giving bowls of cereal to people to the Cheers theme song Where Everyone Knows Your Name. I love the "Oh crap" expression of the pilot. It's hilarious. 

• LOL 2

This isn't a favorite per se, but it cracks me up every time I see it.  It's for some life insurance company.  A very earnest sounding narrator says "It's always difficult when you lose a loved one." Then the next thing you hear is someone in the commercial saying "Did you check in the file cabinet?"  I don't think whoever edited all that together thought about how that would sound if you weren't looking at the TV.

Someone upthread mentioned Dr. Rick.  I still love the one about social media where someone asks what it means to slide into someone's DMs and someone else says that sounds like a lot of fun.  

• LOL 8

No commercial with Tom Brady in it can ever be a favorite, but I do love Jennifer Lopez's face throughout this, especially during "We talked about this" in which I also enjoy her line delivery:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
On 2/11/2024 at 8:00 PM, Bastet said:

No commercial with Tom Brady in it can ever be a favorite, but I do love Jennifer Lopez's face throughout this, especially during "We talked about this" in which I also enjoy her line delivery:

I mentioned in the Seasonal thread that they've cut out Tom Brady for the non SuperBowl airing of this commercial.  I saw it yesterday.

• Useful 1

I love the Pregressive commercials with the pigeons especially the one with the bird asking which way is north and the other one points up. The one that complains about always getting bread reminds me of the Good Omen episode where the narrator/God voice overs what kind of bread the pigeons prefer. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I love the Pregressive commercials with the pigeons especially the one with the bird asking which way is north and the other one points up. The one that complains about always getting bread reminds me of the Good Omen episode where the narrator/God voice overs what kind of bread the pigeons prefer. 

I love those commercials, too, particularly because the voices are Rhetta and H. Jon Benjamin (Archer and Bob Belcher in Bob's Burgers) and I love both of them.

• Like 3
On 2/17/2024 at 10:34 AM, sempervivum said:

Schadenfreudelicious! Ads now running for ambulance-chasers who want to sue Ozempic, et al, for damages caused by your drug-assisted rapid weight loss.

Yep, just proves my theory that legal firms are funding big pharma, so the produce drugs that they can latter sue over.

• Like 3

I enjoy the cat treat Temptations ad asking, "Is your cat too cool for you?" with Mittens (?) in the limo. What amuses me most is the guy next to the cat and his eyeroll after Mittens ghosts confused Cat Mom. Didn't notice it the first few times I saw the ad, but it's a cute touch.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

I enjoy the cat treat Temptations ad asking, "Is your cat too cool for you?" with Mittens (?) in the limo. What amuses me most is the guy next to the cat and his eyeroll after Mittens ghosts confused Cat Mom. Didn't notice it the first few times I saw the ad, but it's a cute touch.

But he'll never be as cool as Chewy's Mr. Mumbles ("You got a train set, Todd!")

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
55 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I'm with Todd.  What cat needs real estate?

Okay, now just on principle, I feel like I have to side with the cat. Stupid Todd! He probably didn’t give the poor cat enough treats. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

My new favorite is the Haribo ad with two NFL defensive lineman sharing gummi bears, discussing why they love them in overdubbed kids’ voices.

Two of my faves together at last!  Football & gummi bears!!

• Like 3
14 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Okay, now just on principle, I feel like I have to side with the cat. Stupid Todd! He probably didn’t give the poor cat enough treats. 

That commercial makes me wonder what Todd did to warrant getting the vacation home.  I highly doubt Todd did as much as Mr. Mumbles to deserve the home, his name is Todd** after all.  

**I personally hear the name Todd and think of "Why is the carpet all wet Todd??" and George Carlin's Guys Named Todd bit.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

I love the new Progressive commercials with Jamie as the getaway driver for bank robbers wearing cat costumes.

One Mississippi, two Mississippi. 😄

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I love the new Progressive commercials with Jamie as the getaway driver for bank robbers wearing cat costumes.

10 hours ago, chessiegal said:

One Mississippi, two Mississippi. 😄

7 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

"We're going to jail."

I also like them explaining how Jamie got hired for the job. They thought he was a Wheelman but no Jamie explains he's a Wheelman/Willman (?) it's Irish.

• LOL 4
On 2/22/2024 at 7:39 PM, voiceover said:

My new favorite is the Haribo ad with two NFL defensive lineman sharing gummi bears, discussing why they love them in overdubbed kids’ voices.

Two of my faves together at last!  Football & gummi bears!!

I loathe this ad.  I find it bad enough when real children are in ads talking in baby/cutesy voices, when grown men do it it's horrible.

• Like 3