Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Okay, I admit that I think Trivago guy is really hot, but wow, he is giving the pharmaceuticals a run for the most on air time. Well, him and the other travel/cruise type companies. I never realized how much people must travel, I'm a homebody :) 

• Love 7

Personally, I find half the fun of a Road Trip is the planning, including finding hotels, so Trivago doesn't interest me at all.  But I get most of travel tips from Roadsideamerica.com.  I just love finding all the weird crap on the side of the road. I can't WAIT to see the Ansted Mystery Hole in West Virginia!

• Love 5

I like the Yoplait commercial where the daughter and dad meet at the refrigerator. She says she's about to pull out a yogurt as a midnight snack and he specifies that it's 10:43. She then clarifies that she's having a 10:43 snack. The two of them are very cute together. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm confused as to why the Dad was already in bed that early.

10:43 pm is early to be in bed?  I'm in bed by 10:30.  Maybe I need more sleep to get up and shoo kids off my lawn. 

• Love 18
14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm confused as to why the Dad was already in bed that early.

I guess we all put our own spin on things- I didn't think he was already in bed, just that he thought she should be. I put on my schlumpy clothes and settle down on the couch until after the late news, but if I hear my kids come into the kitchen, I would be inclined to go check on why they weren't in bed (especially since I know they'll be fussing at me the next morning when I wake them up for school.)

• Love 7

I didn't think he was already in bed, either, but 10:30 seems a pretty common "bed time" for adults (not that people are asleep by then - although, obviously, some are - but that it's when you shut things down and get in bed to read/watch TV for a bit before dozing off), so, either way - dressed for bed or in bed at 10:43 - it's a non-issue for me.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I love the John Hamm H&R Block ad with the zombie.

Although it reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy jokes about being "dead for tax purposes" - she's dead, so...

• Love 3

It looks like this one has been around a while, but I saw it for the first time today.  The look on the mom's face is priceless, and it didn't end the way I was expecting it to.  (The version I saw has a slightly different ending, with the daughter walking in on the mom.)

• Love 2

We were in London for a week last spring. I never saw one annoying commercial, and many that made me laugh. Granted, I wasn't sitting in a hotel room watching tv all day, but really, how much tv in the US would you need to watch to see an annoying commercial? My guess, 30 minutes.

Do not pollute the favorite commercials thread with complaints about annoying commercials!  All is sweetness and light here.

My current favorite is the swimming mutts.  I'm sure it's all cgi, but I like their synchronicity.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Do not pollute the favorite commercials thread with complaints about annoying commercials!  All is sweetness and light here.

My current favorite is the swimming mutts.  I'm sure it's all cgi, but I like their synchronicity.

Do you mean the State Farm commercial?  Yeah its cute even though I've seen it 487 times :)

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I like pretty much all of the Farmers Insurance commercials.  Some of them are so clever.  And the mutts are adorable.

• Love 4

Opening scene: sick hubby on the couch complaining that his mom makes him soup when he's sick.

Wife, obviously on her way to work: "Huh." *tosses phone* "You should call your mom, then."

Cut to husband cooking soup.

Whoo! A non-useless ad husband!

• Love 11
15 hours ago, janie jones said:

I don't understand why they don't just get an actor to play Mr. Clean.  (Also, this commercial is stupid.)

Maybe they were afraid people wouldn't recognize him as Mr. Clean if they got an actor?  That said, I agree an actor would be sexier than an animated Mr. Clean.  But I like the commercial in general, mainly because I would absolutely jump a man who'd clean for me.  I hate cleaning.

• Love 7

I like the Mercury Insurance one with the  two agents evidently summoned to a Darth Vader-like darkened office in which they get 'interrogated' by the shadowy figure  armed with lightning effects behind the desk  yet remain completely unflappable  even when he does a complete 180 with the lights on and becomes Mister Rogers's long lost twin at the end. LOL

• Love 3

I love that yogurt commercial with the dad and little girl who wears glasses. She's too cute for words. I also don't think 10:43 is early to be in bed. I'm usually in bed around 9:00 to read/watch TV before going to sleep. People who have to get up early for work usually go to bed by that time. Different strokes.

• Love 6

I really like the Toyota "dog tested, dog approved" commercials.  They're all funny, but I really like the one where they go to the restaurant and come out carrying doggie bags!  And then a cat is the valet!

• Love 11