Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On 9/11/2016 at 9:09 PM, theatremouse said:

I love this new Geico ad (I know, I'm as surprised as you are) with Marco Polo in the above ground swimming pool. It's so short, and so silly, but something about the actor's face, and when he says "scuzi" I find absolutely hilarious.

Not to mention the Llama looking on.  

• Love 5

I'm mortified to admit that I occasionally watch shows on the TLC channel.  TLC has a commercial for their own network for "TLC GO" which is an "app" you apparently can download that allows you to watch any shows on TLC from any mobile device anytime.  The commercial shows a woman in her kitchen giving her kid a haircut, but she's watching a TLC show on her tablet at the same time & not paying attention to what she's doing (cutting her kid's hair), and the kid's hair is all effed up.  Another scene, she bends down & picks up her dog to give him/her a haircut & the dog kinda cries.  It really is VERY FUNNY & I LMAO every time they show it.  I've tried a few times to find it so I could post it here - to no avail.  Have any of you seen this commercial & can you post it? 

2 hours ago, Maizie131 said:

I'm mortified to admit that I occasionally watch shows on the TLC channel.  TLC has a commercial for their own network for "TLC GO" which is an "app" you apparently can download that allows you to watch any shows on TLC from any mobile device anytime.  The commercial shows a woman in her kitchen giving her kid a haircut, but she's watching a TLC show on her tablet at the same time & not paying attention to what she's doing (cutting her kid's hair), and the kid's hair is all effed up.  Another scene, she bends down & picks up her dog to give him/her a haircut & the dog kinda cries.  It really is VERY FUNNY & I LMAO every time they show it.  I've tried a few times to find it so I could post it here - to no avail.  Have any of you seen this commercial & can you post it? 

Is this it? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DEj2NFLLn0

Edited by InDueTime
wrong link
  • Love 2
On 9/11/2016 at 8:09 PM, theatremouse said:

I love this new Geico ad (I know, I'm as surprised as you are) with Marco Polo in the above ground swimming pool. It's so short, and so silly, but something about the actor's face, and when he says "scuzi" I find absolutely hilarious.

I love it when he finally figures out the game and starts participating.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Crisopera said:

Along with everyone else, I completely love the "Lemonade" Geico ad.  It actually surprised me into a belly laugh the first time I saw it.

I especially like Ice T's endorsement of the product after he rolls his eyes at the potential customers "LEMONADE. It's *delicious*!"

• Love 7

Geico has always had great ads.  Even the ones that wear out their welcome (cavemen, gecko) started out as fresh and clever.  Ice T and Marco Polo are just the latest in a long line of funny commercials.  Good job.

• Love 6

All night I've seen a shorter version of the Cigna commercial with TV doctors, that deletes Patrick Dempsey trying to get into his doctor pose.  That's the best part of the commercial, IMO, so the short version sucks.

• Love 2
On 9/18/2016 at 10:14 AM, SmithW6079 said:

I've long thought the Arby's commercials, with Ving Rhames, have been great, but I'm totally loving this chicken one with its dig at Chick-fil-A.

Is that who they're taking a swipe at? There are so many chicken-only places around, I wasn't sure.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Is that who they're taking a swipe at? There are so many chicken-only places around, I wasn't sure.

Yes.  If it's the Arby's ad I'm thinking of, they're playing on the Chick-fil-A name -- chicken fillet -- fill-lay -- "what should we call it?"  I like that line a lot better than "We have the meats!"  Although "meats" is kinda funny.

• Love 3
On 9/16/2016 at 5:33 AM, Haleth said:

Geico has always had great ads.  Even the ones that wear out their welcome (cavemen, gecko) started out as fresh and clever.  Ice T and Marco Polo are just the latest in a long line of funny commercials.  Good job.

Love those two, and for some reason I love the Gecko getting Chinese food delivered, the delivery person cracks me up every time.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I don't cheer for the Green Bay Packers, but I do enjoy the State Farm commercial where Aaron Rogers trash talks a fly and sends a golf club flying through his window trying to smack it. 

Not a Packer fan either but I like Aaron.  

Can you understand what Clay Matthews mumbles through a mouth of food at the end? I've tried to figure it out but I cannot.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, InDueTime said:

The Cheerios ads with the moms and kids dancing is one of my favorites. I also like the new one with the dads and kids dancing

I hadn't seen the Dads one before.  Bubba twerking was pretty awesome.  Those are infinitely nicer to watch than the awful "I like your face" kid.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2016 at 0:52 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

I just saw that one! I love it.

Thank you Geico! :)

I think it's funny because most people probably think of him as Ice T the former rapper tuned actor.

But I remember Ice T the rapper. The man who gave us classics like "Cop Killer" (that one caused a bit of controversy), "I'm Your Pusher" and "Girls L.G.B.N.A.F." (Let's get buck naked and fu. . )

• Love 3
18 hours ago, xaxat said:

I think it's funny because most people probably think of him as Ice T the former rapper tuned actor.

But I remember Ice T the rapper. The man who gave us classics like "Cop Killer" (that one caused a bit of controversy), "I'm Your Pusher" and "Girls L.G.B.N.A.F." (Let's get buck naked and fu. . )

Yes. Ice T was one of my guilty pleasures, too. And it's funny that neither Ice T nor the kids understand why the other adults are so excitedly yelling out "Ice T!"

• Love 1
On 9/25/2016 at 0:12 AM, SmithW6079 said:

Waah! ?Those types of commercials always make me tear up.

My favorite part of that commercial is that the neighbor sends the dad's letters over the fence via paper airplane instead of just bringing the box to the house. 

• Love 13

Yes. Ice T was one of my guilty pleasures, too. And it's funny that neither Ice T nor the kids understand why the other adults are so excitedly yelling out "Ice T!"

Too bad Geico missed the opportunity to do a companion commercial with Arnold Palmer.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8
On 9/25/2016 at 2:36 PM, xaxat said:

I remember!  And Charlton Heston reading the lyrics at a congressional hearing, iirc. 

• Love 1