Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Amazon Prime has the best commercials. Before the lonely little horse, they had the dog with the broken leg.

And when I searched for that one, I also found this one for Amazon Prime Japan:

• Love 6

Oh, I totally thought the Lil' Sweet commercials are supposed to be a take-off of Prince from the 1980s.

And because Jon Bon Jovi won my 11-year-old heart back in 1986, I really like his new Direct TV commercial. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Before the lonely little horse, they had the dog with the broken leg.

I don't really get that one. If the point of having the dog with him wasn't for it to get some exercise, he could have been carrying it right from the start, without the gadget from Amazon.

• Love 3

This evening I saw an ad for the first time.  It was a Target ad that had several WOC, including the wonderful Rita Moreno! It celebrated various types of ladies, not just the usual ad lady-types. I look forward to this one for a while, at least.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/10/2016 at 11:23 AM, mmecorday said:

I didn't care too much for the Slack commercials with the animals, but this one with the old timey animation and the chipper little tune makes my heart happy.

I like that spaceship commercial too; it should win an award (of some kind).  That song is another fun one to sing ironically at work.

Edited by erikdepressant
  • Love 1
Spoiler

I love the flamingo one and this one.

Meant to say, I adore the Lowe's boxing kangaroo!!! And they have been running a lot of great ads lately!

I also have a soft spot for the International Delight ads.

"Name my favorite International Delight flavor? That's like asking me to name my favorite child. Hazelnut, and Lucas."

LOL LOL.

• Love 7
On May 13, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Okay, that made me laugh.

Because it was so unexpected.

Too bad the still image and the lead-in text spoiled the joke, but I wouldn't have expected that if I weren't set up for it.

Apparently, this was a Superbowl commercial, but I didn't watch any SB commercials this year, so I missed it.  This morning was the first time I've ever seen.  I love it, mainly because weenie dogs are adorable and the little girl dressed like the ketchup packet makes me laugh.

• Love 7

It's several years old now, and I don't know if it's still being shown on television, but every once in a while, I have to find this commercial and re-watch it.  It's so pretty to look at (not that I could ever afford the jewelry) and the cat is beautiful.  So much imagination went into it.  (It's best watched in full-screen mode.)

• Love 7
(edited)
20 hours ago, BooksRule said:

It's several years old now, and I don't know if it's still being shown on television, but every once in a while, I have to find this commercial and re-watch it.  It's so pretty to look at (not that I could ever afford the jewelry) and the cat is beautiful.  So much imagination went into it.  (It's best watched in full-screen mode.)

Thank you for re-posting this glorious commercial.  Well worth your time to see it!

Edited by Brattinella
Stupid editor will not copy the entire video.
  • Love 2
(edited)
On May 10, 2016 at 7:03 AM, fishcakes said:

Amazon Prime has the best commercials....

And when I searched for that one, I also found this one for Amazon Prime Japan:

Just saw this on American television and burst into tears immediately. Holy shit, commercial, that was a lot of emotion in a really short amount of time. 

Edited by AndreaK1041
  • Love 3
On May 10, 2016 at 11:23 AM, mmecorday said:

I didn't care too much for the Slack commercials with the animals, but this one with the old timey animation and the chipper little tune makes my heart happy.

One reason I love that one too is that it filters the animation look of the 30s through the Underground Comic (Zap Comix, et. al.) translation of that look in the 60s.

Also, I have a feeling--not certain, but my educated guess based on my ears--that the music is not actually vintage, but a present-day recreation of vintage that's absolutely brilliant.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

Also, I have a feeling--not certain, but my educated guess based on my ears--that the music is not actually vintage, but a present-day recreation of vintage that's absolutely brilliant.

Interesting - I found the 1940 original on archive.org and I would've sworn the ad just cleaned that up, but google says "re-recorded by Danny Simmons & team"

• Love 2
(edited)

A rare insurance ad that I actually laugh at in a good way when it comes on - the Allstate "Pure Power" with Leslie Jones.  The part about the app having a feature to find your car and the way she says "I see you, car!", makes me smile every time.  I wish I had that app when I was wandering around the parking lot after a long day at work (did I park on this level? did I move at lunch?) ;0)

I confess I have hit the lock button on the remote and listened for the beep before... Sometimes several times as I zero in on the sound.

Yep, riley702, I've used that technique too.  I've always imagined the security guards watching the ccTV and laughing at those of us who have lost their cars.

Edited by elle
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, elle said:

A rare insurance ad that I actually laugh at in a good way when it comes on - the Allstate "Pure Power" with Leslie Jones.  The part about the app having a feature to find your car and the way she says "I see you, car!", makes me smile every time.  I wish I had that app when I was wandering around the parking lot after a long day at work (did I park on this level? did I move at lunch?) ;0)

I love that commercial!  "Want my number?"

• Love 6

I wouldn't say this is a favorite, but it does make me smile.  I may need to work "Booger McBoogerson" into my daily conversation.  Or at least use it against my older sister.

The James Marsden commercials for RAV 4 are really funny and charming. The best aspect is that Marsden is constantly surprised by the voiceover, and his expressions are just hilarious at key moments ( as here, when he discovers that he "became den mother, and nursed their young" and looks both surprised and discomfited).

The wolfpack one is especially good -- I love the shot of the wolves with their heads out of the windows as he "expands their territory" in the RAV 4. And the final shot of the pretty she-wolf gazing wistfully after him is just so darn funny, because she's the "cute girl he left behind" in the commercial. I love her little head-tilt as she watches him drive away (and he looks so smug it's even funnier).

Anyway, I found these way more charming than I expected to, and I've even enjoyed them on rewatch, which is rare for me.

• Love 4

I love the Nationwide commercial wherein the couple don't want to call their insurance company so they mess up their house and keep escalating how dirty it is and finally end up in the yard un-planting the greenery.  I crack up every time, and the couple is so likable.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:39 PM, BooksRule said:

I know I love that one too! More like a mini movie. Best commercial ever.

• Love 3

For me, the latter is the cutest moment.  A side-by-side comparison of two different paper towel brands soaking up liquid, saying this one is faster than the competitor, followed by a shot of the paper towel being used on one side and the dog drinking the spilled water on the other: "And faster than Chloe, too."

• Love 2

I love this, but it's over my head. Is that supposed to be a parent telling the kid not to hang out in front of an open refrigerator? And do penguins really make that noise? (I always imagined a sort of quack) Gosh, I'm ignorant.

• Love 2