Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ABay said:

It's offensive on many levels, but I still say "Is next...evening vear. Very nice" when I have to use a flashlight.

Oh, that's a classic, ABay - and yes, I use that line myself from time to time!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Well, I hope he got his dog back!

I can't find the actor's name anywhere.  
But AdWeek says the next Stella Artois ad will be about Sebastien's widow.

He sold his dog. He doesn't deserve to get it back. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Love this ad simply because the young man in it is such a cutie pie!

Still, "Be Legacy"? That just sounds clunky. Is it a literal word-for-word translation that just doesn't make a lot of sense in English?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dirtybubble said:
23 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

He sold his dog. He doesn't deserve to get it back.

He does get his dog back.  At the very end its his dog barking right before the picture us taken.  Also did you notice the painting he sold, the one with the sunflowers...... I think that is suppose to be a Vincent van Gogh painting!!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

He does get his dog back.  At the very end its his dog barking right before the picture us taken.  Also did you notice the painting he sold, the one with the sunflowers...... I think that is suppose to be a Vincent van Gogh painting!!!

I saw he got the dog back. I'm saying he didn't deserve to, because he sold the dog like it was just some commodity when he needed the money. Doesn't say much about his sense of commitment to another living thing.

• Love 6

In our current crazy and ever more divided country, political landscape, and world, I found this ad really beautiful, and its message timely and powerfully conveyed here:

(I'm also a sucker for Philip Glass's "Anthem," which is used beautifully here.)

Happy Fourth!

• Love 11
(edited)
On 7/3/2016 at 9:08 AM, BooksRule said:

This one is an oldie, but I always like it.  Volkswagen's 'Big Day' commercial:

Oh I remember that commercial.  I always liked it. 

But why is the dad sitting there watching the bride getting ready?  (Not why is the dad there when he's getting ready, which is indeed unusual, but why is he literally sitting there watching her?)  I know they want to show him checking his watch so that you think that guy is the groom running late, but the dad could have been pacing in the hallway or something.  Maybe they thought if he were in the hall, you'd think he was the groom?  I don't know a lot of women who would want their dad in there staring at them while they're getting into their dress.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 3
(edited)

But why is the dad sitting there watching the bride getting ready?

I never thought about that before.  Maybe he suspected that she was going to be a runaway bride and he didn't want to leave her alone in case she made a run for it?

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 3

But why is the dad sitting there watching the bride getting ready?  (Not why is the dad there when he's getting ready, which is indeed unusual, but why is he literally sitting there watching her?)  I know they want to show him checking his watch so that you think that guy is the groom running late, but the dad could have been pacing in the hallway or something.  Maybe they thought if he were in the hall, you'd think he was the groom?  I don't know a lot of women who would want their dad in there staring at them while they're getting into their dress.

She's already in her dress, and they're just doing the final fluffing of her veil and stuff.  He probably came in there to get her so he could walk her down the aisle, found them still fussing with crap, and sat down to stare at his watch while waiting to get this show on the road.

Is that Kevin Rahm as the driver?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

She's already in her dress, and they're just doing the final fluffing of her veil and stuff.  He probably came in there to get her so he could walk her down the aisle, found them still fussing with crap, and sat down to stare at his watch while waiting to get this show on the road.

Is that Kevin Rahm as the driver?

Well that makes sense!  And yup, I believe so!

• Love 1
(edited)

This isn't a favorite commercial, but a favorite moment in an otherwise obnoxious commercial:

There's a cable company ad where a couple is at a party in someone's home, and the wife goes looking for her husband, to find him ensconced in the hosts' bedroom, sprawled out on the bed watching TV and marveling over all the features they have because of this cable company.  When she asks, with increasing befuddlement at his behavior, "Why are your shoes off?" and he responds, with pitch perfect seriousness, "I'm on their bed; I don't want to be rude," I crack up.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 10

I'm not generally a fan of the ubiquitous Liberty Mutual commercials, but the one with the blonde woman in the red and white dress who says that on page 5 of her policy it says, "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah"  always makes me smile.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Maizie131 said:

I LOVE George Hamilton & think KFC hit the jackpot hiring him as their new "extra crispy" Colonel Sanders!  Too frickin' funny! 

YES!  When I heard they had an Extra Crispy Col Sanders, I thought immediately of Mr Bronze George Hamilton!

• Love 2