Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I've seen this commercial enough that by all rights I should hate it now, but I can't help myself, I find it so charming. I love Von Miller and his nerd glasses and I laugh irrationally hard every time Marshawn Lynch tells them they need to work on their people skills. The whole commercial is just the right amount of self-deprecating to make it work.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Who knew Marshawn Lynch had such great comedic timing?

I know, right? It's great that he can laugh at himself.

I'm another one who likes Von Miller's glasses. He's such a tough, badass defender, yet IRL he has fragile eye wear. 

And since we're on the subject of sports commercials, I like the one with Eddie Lacy and some of his teammates (unnamed) who visit local residents of Green Bay, Wisconsin and do their yard work. And then they sit and drink lemonade? Ice tea? with them. Very cute.  I'm assuming those are the actual people who live in the homes? I hope they aren't actors. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:29 AM, topanga said:

I still like the Nyquil commercials about parents not being able to call in a sick day. And I'm glad there's finally one featuring a mom!

There's been one since early on, with an Asian mother and baby.

4 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I keep begging my cat to barf on our Pergo!

Our cat finally, I think for the first time, this morning puked on the kitchen tile instead of on the living room carpet.

• Love 4

The other day I saw a Geico "it's what you do ad" that I finally liked.

A fair maiden is in the forest when Prince Charming finds her and he tries to roust her but alas he cannot.

Turns out, she was faking sleep so she could watch reality shows uninterrupted.  I loved at the end when she was watching aghast with the animals at the action onscreen.

• Love 9

Maz Jobrani wrote a memoir, "Im not a terrorist but Ive played one on TV."

Its funny, the original "Im not a doctor…" is over 30 years old and people are still referencing it. And people still get the reference.

Still can't remember though, what the original commercial was pushing.

Edited by LuciaMia
  • Love 3

Just saw a new ad for Southwest Airlines where there has been a computer breech at a military facility, and everybody is running around trying to stop the intrusion.  One of the analysts is yelling to the general that they need his password to lock down the system, and he's hesitant to give it out, but finally does, and it's "ihatemyjob1".  The announcer says "Want to get away? Fly on Southwest Airlines."

:)

• Love 10

Its funny, the original "Im not a doctor…" is over 30 years old and people are still referencing it. And people still get the reference.

I used to belong to a forum for a musician. A woman showed up, claiming to be a friend of his and claiming to be a doctor. She let just enough info slip for some of us who doubted her to determine that was, instead, a lonely recluse.  We nicknamed her INAD BIPOOTI - "I'm Not A Doctor, But I Play One On The Internet."

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Just saw a new ad for Southwest Airlines where there has been a computer breech at a military facility, and everybody is running around trying to stop the intrusion.  One of the analysts is yelling to the general that they need his password to lock down the system, and he's hesitant to give it out, but finally does, and it's "ihatemyjob1".  The announcer says "Want to get away? Fly on Southwest Airlines."

:)

Ha. I was coming here to post about this very commercial. It's great. But one thing confuses me: When everyone turns to the general with a look of horror on their faces, is that they can't believe that he of all people hates his job, or do these entitled, douchebag millennials have no idea why someone would spend years doing a less-than-fulfilling job so he can send his kids to college, pay his mortgage, and put money in his 401K? Or were they simply embarrassed for him?

• Love 3
On 10/16/2016 at 2:10 PM, smittykins said:

I think it was Vicks Formula 44 cough syrup.

That clip was the second version... "The original commercial first aired in 1984, and it was hawking Vicks Formula 44 cough syrup. The actor in question was Chris Robinson, who portrayed Dr. Rick Webber on the daytime drama General Hospital from 1978 until 1986. The ad campaign was successful enough that the Vicks execs re-cast it in 1986 (with All My Children’s Peter Bergman, aka Dr. Cliff Warner) after Robinson was convicted of income tax evasion in 1985."

4 hours ago, ennui said:

Cute, but I really hate raccoons.

Better raccoons than possums. Gawd, those are just prehistoric rats. Opened the front door one time to find one on my porch. Damn thing just stood there hissing at me. Oh, I don't fucking think so! Hissing at me on my own porch... I bounced a BB off its head at 5 paces. It shook its head and then slowly ambled off, unscathed. *shudder*

I used to have a possum that patrolled the perimeter of the condo's property. He'd waddle past my unit every night about 9 PM.  They eat tons of ticks, so they're good to have around, even if they do look freaky. Bats eat tons of mosquitoes, too, so *they're* nice neighbors, except for the guano.

• Love 2

I love the shop NFL.com ad where A.J. Green explains how all his awesome accomplishments helped earn his jersey and the lady next to him is like "I went online shopping for mine".

He's good-looking, she's gorgeous and his exasperated expression is adorable.

• Love 1

I love the sleep number mattress commercial with the couple that can't stay awake long enough to get busy - if only for the adorable cat snoozing at the foot of said mattress! (Plus I am envious of their apartment)

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:54 PM, smittykins said:

The VW Passat commercial with Willie Nelson in the classic Beetle convertible.

Which has none of the fancy, tech bells & whistles the commercial is selling.  I love the irony of that.

• Love 4

As much as I hate the Liberty Mutual insurance commercials (you named him 'Brad'), I must say that I actually liked one I saw today: a commercial with an Asian man who talks about a dump truck hitting his pick up truck, and now he needs a tow truck. The actor seems more talented and natural than some of the other people they've used. This is one I wouldn't mind seeing again.