Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Why don't I ever see any of these on tv?  These would catch my attention.  I must be watching the wrong shows.

We watch lots of ID Channel and Adult Swim, I'm pretty sure they show these great commercials.

2 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I love all of the new Susan Lucci Progressive commercials.

Endings two and three do nothing for me, but ending one makes me laugh.  "It's called a nap, Susan Lucci."

From the main part of the commercial, I like "You know I can't remember that" as a response to "Who was there for you when you had amnesia?"

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

Endings two and three do nothing for me, but ending one makes me laugh.  "It's called a nap, Susan Lucci."

The guy throwing the phone on the floor when she says she used all of their data makes me laugh. "Come on, Susan Lucci!"

• Love 13

Does anyone remember a commercial from about 15+ years ago where the first line is, "You have a dream, and your cat can talk..." and they cut to a tabby cat saying, "Hello Maxine."  Does ANYONE remember what the commercial was for?  "Hello Maxine" has been a thing with my husband since then and it kills us that we can't remember what the commercial was for.

Okay, ha ha, runway, but how can the passengers see the models?  I think this question was raised in another thread already, but they're walking towards the nose of the plane and not swinging out very far upon turning and walking back, so the window passenger would get barely a glimpse on the return trip, and the aisle passenger - who's tilting his head slightly, not leaning over her - wouldn't see shit.

• Love 3

Another old commercial that I saw for the first time ... Wonderful Pistachios and Ernie the Elephant at the ballpark. Who wants to eat a food that starts with P and ends with Nuts?  (made me laugh) And apparently Ernie is voiced by John Cena. Who knew.

• Love 3

As a fan of bulldogs  this commercial warms my heart

On June 30, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Bastet said:

Okay, ha ha, runway, but how can the passengers see the models?  I think this question was raised in another thread already, but they're walking towards the nose of the plane and not swinging out very far upon turning and walking back, so the window passenger would get barely a glimpse on the return trip, and the aisle passenger - who's tilting his head slightly, not leaning over her - wouldn't see shit.

Eh details, details you really shouldn't over think these commercials.  Just laugh at the silliness of it.  Plus the airport employee on the runway who directs the plans where to land is kinda funny; seeing him get into the spirit of things is cute.

• Love 8
(edited)

I wasn't sure whether to put this one here or earworm, but I really love this commercial and the song has been stuck in my head for a month because of it.  Still, before I looked it up to paste it here, I couldn't have told you what car was being advertised, not even which brand, so I'm not sure how effective it is.

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Gbb said:

I wasn't sure whether to put this one here or earworm, but I really love this commercial and the song has been stuck in my head for a month because of it.  Still, before I looked it up to paste it here, I couldn't have told you what car was being advertised, not even which brand, so I'm not sure how effective it is.

Its a cute commercial; too bad VW has to be one if the most uncomfortable cars to be in.....especially long distance

• Love 1
On 7/4/2017 at 0:47 PM, Neurochick said:

I just saw this commercial today, interesting.

I liked the ad, but it probably wasn't as challenging as they make it sound. Is the DAR still active? 

10 hours ago, GaT said:

No matter how many times this commercial comes on I always stop & watch it. I love that they do the same conversation twice.

"I LOVE suede!". Hahaha it puts a smile on my face too

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

The thing that bugs about that commercial is that no burglar is going to take the couch. They're after electronics and cash. 

But it's suede!

• Love 24
3 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

The thing that bugs about that commercial is that no burglar is going to take the couch. They're after electronics and cash. 

But he saw it, and he had to have it!  

• Love 19
On 7/5/2017 at 9:03 PM, GaT said:

No matter how many times this commercial comes on I always stop & watch it. I love that they do the same conversation twice.

I have used that exact tone and phrasing of "I just had to have it" - I just got a new very nice guitar to replace my cheapo beginner one. One strum and really, I just... you know :)

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Oh, Maizie: the Running of the Bulldogs slays me every time!  I love it!

I love how the guy who falls down is screaming in abject, hysterical terror until one of the dogs licks his face and then it's just "Eeech. Dog spit." Faker!

• Love 8
On 7/4/2017 at 11:58 AM, Gbb said:

As proof of how much I love this commercial:  Volkswagen is a sponsor of the Tour de France, so I have seen this commercial a ton during the last two weeks and I'm still not sick of it.  And that's saying something because I'm always sick of TDF commercials by this point. I didn't realize there was a longer version.

On 7/15/2017 at 3:14 PM, CoderLady said:

I love how the guy who falls down is screaming in abject, hysterical terror until one of the dogs licks his face and then it's just "Eeech. Dog spit." Faker!

That's just hilarious! Best commercial on the air right now. 

• Love 10

This is kind of old news, but I just found out about it. In the early 2000's automaker BMW release a series of short films/ads pairing Clive Owen as a getaway driver for hire with some of the top talent at the time, Don Cheadle, Gary Oldman, John Woo, Tony Scott. . . They really were great short films that just happened to feature a BMW car.

Late last year they released another in the series. The Escape. Starring Clive Owen,  Jon Bernthal, Dakota Fanning and Vera Farmiga. Directed by  Neill Blomkamp.

But my favorite will always be "Beat the Devil" featuring The Hardest Working Man in Show Business. . . James Brown!

• Love 1

Citibank gave me nothing but a headache for pretty much the 90's but I have to admit I love the "wouldn't it be nice if everyone said what they mean" ads with Katy Perry and also the two neighbor ladies.  "That smells intrusive."

• Love 6

I'm one of those people that does not think that any jokes, comments or whatever about bodily functions (farting, snot, etc.) are even remotely funny. I think they're disgusting. That said, I can't get enough of the Boyz II Men Gassy Girl commercial. My favorite commercial of the summer. The look on the guy with the beard on the left after the middle guy says "So gassy," is just perfect.

Next!

• Love 12