Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I hate commercials so I watch all my tv using my dvr and FF through them.  Every once in a while I stop to soon and see something that is funny.  The pistachio commercial with the elephant and the squirrel sisters, just cracks me up.

The squirrel sisters know how to party.....they'll do anything for pistachios.....

• Love 2

The NFL Gear ads with Jason Witten are hilarious.   Mostly because of the kid.   The kid is juuuust snarky enough to be funny without wanting to slap the crap out of him.

Witten:   I had to do all that to get this (touching hat)

Kid:   I saw it on NFL.com, my mom got it for me.

Witten after detailing all the games he played in to get his stuff:  You know how many games this kid played in?  Zero.

Kid: (mouthing with a smile on his face) Zero. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The NFL Gear ads with Jason Witten are hilarious.   Mostly because of the kid.   The kid is juuuust snarky enough to be funny without wanting to slap the crap out of him.

Witten:   I had to do all that to get this (touching hat)

Kid:   I saw it on NFL.com, my mom got it for me.

Witten after detailing all the games he played in to get his stuff:  You know how many games this kid played in?  Zero.

Kid: (mouthing with a smile on his face) Zero. 

I love that kid!  Wouldn't surprise me to see him elsewhere on my TV, someday.

Is that Witten?  I thought it was Tony Romo. 

On 12/15/2016 at 11:36 PM, Silver Raven said:

This is such a sweet ad.

Shows you how much you see dads on TV doing stuff with their kids that I thought for sure that Mom was dead. No, just deployed. A bunch of  gender stereotypes got blown up with this one. Well played, dying corporate giant, well played.

• Love 7
On 11/27/2016 at 2:59 PM, Bastet said:

Every weekend I laugh at this commercial, which I see numerous times while watching football, and every weekend I forget to mention it here.  I love the State Farm ad with Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews, when Rodgers attempts to take out a fly with a golf club and winds up taking out his windows instead.  And it's all because of Matthews -- him asking, with mouth full of food, "Well, did you get it?" and waving the broom around in the background in the final shot, trying to shoo the fly out the busted window, are my favorite parts.

I never noticed Clay Matthews swinging the broom until you mentioned it.   Saw it tonight and watched especially.   Clay Matthews definitely makes the commercial.   Although Rodgers' shrug when he is asked if he got it is kinda funny too.

Definitely better than all the "Discount Double Check" ads where no one recognizes him.

• Love 4
On 12/18/2016 at 4:18 PM, Finagler said:

I hate commercials so I watch all my tv using my dvr and FF through them.  Every once in a while I stop to soon and see something that is funny.  The pistachio commercial with the elephant and the squirrel sisters, just cracks me up.

The squirrel sisters know how to party.....they'll do anything for pistachios.....

I don't like the implication that squirrels performed sexual favors for elephants in exchange for peanuts.  (And by "don't like that," I mean "am repulsed by.")

• Love 5
On 12/19/2016 at 10:15 PM, janie jones said:

I don't like the implication that squirrels performed sexual favors for elephants in exchange for peanuts.  (And by "don't like that," I mean "am repulsed by.")

Yes, so much THIS, I do not like the elephant  Comercials in general ,  but I hate this one.

• Love 3

I like the Angry Orchard Hard Cider one with the (almost) constantly scowling orchard attendant. I guess because I have a coworker who looks almost exactly like that and who often surprises everyone by smiling when least it's least expected.

• Love 3

This one is gonna be a favorite --

The AT&T "Everywhere" ad with clips from popular TV shows.  I'm not sure I recognize all of them.

(I've never posted a link before so I hope this comes through correctly.)

Edited by AuntiePam
fixed link
  • Love 6
On 12/31/2016 at 7:09 PM, Moose135 said:

This one has been around for a while, but it's back in rotation.  They really did a good job using the same dialogue for two completely opposite situations.

I love this commercial.  "Oh, it's happening, sweetheart."

• Love 7

Recently I've noticed a new VW commercial uses the old School House Rock song My Hero, Zero. I love it & this new version of it. I'm old and remember that song back when I was a kid.

My new favorite commercial is the T Mobile one with Arianna Grande where the girl kicks her out of the car because she needs to save her last few bars for navigation.  Why is it my favorite?  Because I love seeing Arianna Grande standing by the side of the road in the desert wearing her stupid big puffy jacket.

• Love 9

I'm not totally sure where this should go, but I decided to post it here.  Why is it a favorite?  Because I think it's hysterical and every time it comes on I can't help but believe it's an SNL spoof.  It's so over the top that I'm mesmerized.  FWIW, I like Bill Anderson as a newscaster but this is just...no.  Behold, For Goodness Sake:

Now that it's tax season I love seeing the new Turbotax commercials.  My favorite so far is the one with Kathy Bates in it.  It fits her perfectly.  Besides being popular in the horror genre this commercial really calls to her recent projects on American Horror Story 

• Love 10

I don't know how recent this is, but I saw it for the first time yesterday. In the latest promo for The Voice, the four hosts are introduced like they're doing the opening credits for an ABC sit com, a.l.a. Full House or Family Matters. It's hilarious. 

I admit the first couple times I saw this Pearle Vision commercial I was confused. Like, what, did he steal his grandfather's glasses? Dumb kid!

Then, the 3rd time I saw it: it clicked, and my eyes welled up.  And I legit tear up EVERY darn time I see it (and I see it often because they play it on Hulu and I'm currently on a Community binge).

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2017/01/10/energy-bbdo-chicago-teams-with-pearle-vision.html

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3
On 1/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

So the kid got new lenses. The frames are still too big for him. I don't get it.

they are his grandfather's glasses (who must have recently passed away) - the doctor replaced them with no-rx lenses because the glasses were distorting his vision but he kept wearing them.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, amass said:

they are his grandfather's glasses (who must have recently passed away) - the doctor replaced them with no-rx lenses because the glasses were distorting his vision but he kept wearing them.

I took the beginning shot in the car to be on the way back from/to the grandfather's services.  The kid seems like he's wearing a suit and his parents look dressed up as well.

It's a sweet commercial.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Aquarius said:

I took the beginning shot in the car to be on the way back from/to the grandfather's services.  The kid seems like he's wearing a suit and his parents look dressed up as well.

It's a sweet commercial.

I totally missed that initial clue - but I think you are right! 

IDK something about it just strikes a cord in me.  There's something very special to me about the grandparent and grandchild bond.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, amass said:

I get that, but the frames are STILL too big for him. It wasn't the lenses causing poor vision that made the glasses drop onto the football field. He needs one of those elastic strappy things around the back of his skull to hold them tighter to his face, lenses or not.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I get that, but the frames are STILL too big for him. It wasn't the lenses causing poor vision that made the glasses drop onto the football field. He needs one of those elastic strappy things around the back of his skull to hold them tighter to his face, lenses or not.

The frames he's wearing at the end fit him just right - clearly not the ones he's wearing in the beginning.  I interpreted that they gave him glasses that LOOKED like his grandfather's but were his own.

10 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Nice thought, but they show the optician swapping out the lenses. It may be a sweet ad, but it has no internal logic.

I agree.  I saw lenses not the frame being swapped out.  Too large frames will surely fall off his face and break.  A shirt or watch would seem a better choice, why choose something that would cause you to loose your eyesight?!

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

She asks how she looks and I say, "Your hair looks like a wig..." and then she takes care of that!  Sweet ad. Would never buy/use Coffee Mate, however.

Yeah, that wig is kind of unfortunate.

• Love 1