Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Michelle's dad, Garrett Ruark, was on the old K&C show. One of the Howlers drew him a picture of fighter planes depicting his WWII service.

Oh ok. 

So Michelle’s dad and both of the Duggar grandparents met all 19 kids. 

I don't know if Garrett met all 19. I think their trip to Ohio was pretty early in the series.

eta He died in mid 2010. I doubt he met Josie, who was still very fragile. And Garrett had Alzheimer's, IIRC. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't know if Garrett met all 19. I think their trip to Ohio was pretty early in the series.

I just looked it up. Garrett died in 2010 so he did meet all 19. 

Jimmy Lee died in 2009 so right before Josie was born that December. @mythoughtis you were 100% correct, what am I smokin’?!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Garrett was ill. We know Josie didn't travel to Ohio, and I doubt family brought Garrett to AR after Josie returned home. There was only about a two month window.

He might have met Jordyn, but I'd say that is it.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 3

So, I will admit that I sometimes do think about how if I ever had kids, I would very much like them to know my grandparents, who helped raise me, and my dad. But it's more the fact that they are amazing people I'm very close to who would very much enjoy that experience, and I would be really weirded out if some random stranger was worrying about this on my behalf. 

I am not sure JB and Michelle would care all that much beyond the bragging rights they think it gives them. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Garrett was ill. We know Josie didn't travel to Ohio, and I doubt family brought Garrett to AR after Josie returned home. There was only about a two month window.

He might have met Jordyn, but I'd say that is it.

Thanks!!

18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I just looked it up. Garrett died in 2010 so he did meet all 19. 

Jimmy Lee died in 2009 so right before Josie was born that December. @mythoughtis you were 100% correct, what am I smokin’?!!

I don’t know/ Sounds like I wasn’t quite right. Fairly close though.  

Michelle’s Mom died  early on in the grandkids life so there’s really no way of knowing whether your grandkids will know you or not.   

Truthfully what would concern me about having kids in my 40s is that I might not be there for their 20s  and 30s.  I think it’s  pretty devastating to young adults to lose a parent/ even one that didn’t really parent you. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Zella said:

So, I will admit that I sometimes do think about how if I ever had kids, I would very much like them to know my grandparents, who helped raise me, and my dad. But it's more the fact that they are amazing people I'm very close to who would very much enjoy that experience, and I would be really weirded out if some random stranger was worrying about this on my behalf. 

I am not sure JB and Michelle would care all that much beyond the bragging rights they think it gives them

As to the bold, besides amassing portfolios of real estate and piles of cash, aren't bragging rights the other major priority for JB?   IMO that's what really fueled his very intentional pursuit of 19 kids -- AND counting if it could have been achieved.

• Love 6

Does Michelle help with parenting the kids left in the house now, or is it all on Jana? One of the girls, maybe Johannah, always seems to be holding a freaking baby at every single extended family get-together. I guess that's her job now? You never see Josie holding a baby though. I'm wondering if they don't trust her with the little kids.

• Love 1
Just now, Kellyee said:

Does Michelle help with parenting the kids left in the house now, or is it all on Jana? One of the girls, maybe Johannah, always seems to be holding a freaking baby at every single extended family get-together. I guess that's her job now? You never see Josie holding a baby though. I'm wondering if they don't trust her with the little kids.

I doubt that Michelle is doing anything resembling parenting 99% of the time.  She hasn't done the bulk of the child raising in more than 20 years, I don't think she has much interest in it and her living situation allows her to pass on anything that doesn't interest her.  She is interested in being known as MOTY, gave birth to 19 kids; she has no interest in the actual growth and development of those kids or any others.

• Love 19
53 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I doubt that Michelle is doing anything resembling parenting 99% of the time.  She hasn't done the bulk of the child raising in more than 20 years, I don't think she has much interest in it and her living situation allows her to pass on anything that doesn't interest her.  She is interested in being known as MOTY, gave birth to 19 kids; she has no interest in the actual growth and development of those kids or any others.

I agree, MOTY in name and accolades only.  Which really begs the question of how deeply committed they are to anything they so proudly say they value and pat themselves on the back for their great efforts to live by?  

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

When you think about it Mechelle would’ve made a perfect surrogate plus she would’ve got lots of attention from the intended parents. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

When you think about it Mechelle would’ve made a perfect surrogate plus she would’ve got lots of attention from the intended parents. 

Aside from the processed foods heavy diet and lack of fresh vegetables as a normal fixture on her dinner plate.

• LOL 1
On 9/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

I think it's sadder that they'll meet but never be close to most of their grandchildren. They'll just see them as numbers.

My paternal grandparents had 14 kids. Not fundy, devout Catholic. They had 32 grandchildren. My grandpa genuinely liked having family around, but my grandmother didn't "have a heart" for children and only had such a large family because devout Catholic. I *think* she may have been proud to rattle off numbers, but all she could have told you about me was my first name, and which one of the 14 I belonged to. I may "only" have two grandchildren myself, but I know all about them, and they will never have any doubt they matter to me.

I hope the other grandparents are more involved.

• Love 20

First of all...good Lord, Christine, why do you have to have all caps?

Second of all...oh hai I guess it's Mechelle's birthday today. Interesting that the first one to post was not in her immediate family. Guess we'll see who makes a post on social media. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

someone in the comments said

"Love the bond you guys have ❤️ especially now she is mommy-in law to both of your daughters."

another great comment "Where is she that it’s THAT cold for that insane jacket?"

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

someone in the comments said

"Love the bond you guys have ❤️ especially now she is mommy-in law to both of your daughters."

another great comment "Where is she that it’s THAT cold for that insane jacket?"

Well, it seems the bride to be is Kendra's sister.  Wonder who she is courting?  Except, not really.

• LOL 5
36 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

"Ma'am the jacket is already at 150% puffiness. It cant take anymore!"

"I Don't give a shit, MAKE IT PUFFIER!"

Here is a question - is Michelle one of those women who really doesn't care about fashion or how she looks in real life or in a photo?  I have a couple friends like that.  One I went shopping with years ago and picked out everything.  She had no clue and no care at all.  She looked great, BTW!

• Love 7

Yikes. I wonder if Michelle is having the same reaction that most have when we see a couple of pictures side by side and think, shit when did I get that old.

It often happens to me when I'm out and about, feeling like my best self and catch my reflection in a store front. Like who is that older woman.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

Jinger looks so much like Michelle in both photos, look at Michelle Jer that is your future ,also Jinger should look at Jeremys dad, thats what these two will look like when their older. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Timeline of maybe three years.

Mullet's "bangs" are a fake hair pony tail add-on, spread in a circle atop her head. You cannot convince me otherwise.
Jana is wearing yet another Summer's Eve prairie dress.

27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Boob made a birthday post.

Is Mullet getting ready to breastfeed the kid on her lap?

Are Jinger and Jana the only Duglings who did public happy birthdays to their mom?  Usual at least all the older daughters do so.  I am really surprised Jessa hasn't.  Or maybe she has, I don't follow any of them on social media. So much for their greeting that never feel warm or personal.  She may have given birth to all those kids but she never was really a mother to all of them. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is that some sort of blur filter, or is her face just that fluffy?

It's that fluffy. I have the same fluff on my face and it's so fine I don't see it until it's almost long enough to curl. 

• Love 2

Fun fact: you can just shave that fluff with a dang razor instead of waxing or using a special tool. I just use the razor I keep in the shower (one with a moisturizing strip), use a light touch, and try not to cut my nose off. Easy peasy. 

• Love 7
On 9/8/2020 at 8:41 AM, FizzyPuff said:

Michelle would have been one of those surrogate mothers that changes her mind and keeps the baby. One of those long, drawn out court cases.

Michelle always said that the baby was her prize after a long pregnancy and labor.

She loves the "prizes" so much that she tosses them aside at six months to start aiming for her next prize.

• Love 3