Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

However, if I'm remembering correctly, everyone gets a one time exemption.

not sure how this works by state but when our daughter sold a home in indiana she was not required to put the money into a new home because she was under the dollar amt required to do so. I am not remembering the exact amount, but I think you were good if your home sold for less than $250,000

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Could Jermy have saved it from his pro-soccer days?  When did he finally quit?

Jeremy's lucky if he made 90k in his entire career. He was a scrub.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

This was posted to reddit, and I have never seen it, so I thought some of you might appreciate it.  Young Michelle really needed someone to read her some rules out of 150-year-old book. Could’ve saved her from being a ho.

6156F46C-E075-4F09-95A8-BC1A94B83B6F.jpeg

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

oung Michelle really needed someone to read her some rules out of 150-year-old book. Could’ve saved her from being a ho.

Well Boob did say she came with some "baggage".  Talk about a controlling prick.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Nysha said:

she'd go back to helping JB at his real estate business.

Or the car lot, or a the towing business, or the convenience store, or as a supermarket stock boy.  He seemed to have all these jobs simultaneously, or at least in short order, in addition to the real estate stuff. Basically he was a weasel from the get-go. How he ever pulled off being captain save a hoe I’ll never know.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Michelle keeps shrinking in height every time I see her. Won’t be long before she has a dowager’s hump and eventually her bones will pulverize into dust, leaving behind that ubiquitous blue shirt and a Toni curl perm. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Or the car lot, or a the towing business, or the convenience store, or as a supermarket stock boy.  He seemed to have all these jobs simultaneously, or at least in short order, in addition to the real estate stuff. Basically he was a weasel from the get-go. How he ever pulled off being captain save a hoe I’ll never know.

Didn't his wealth really stem from his parents' real estate holdings that he took control of, bit by bit?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Didn't his wealth really stem from his parents' real estate holdings that he took control of, bit by bit?

I think JB started to get wealthy after investing TLC money into real estate. Both homes and properties. I'm not sure what Mary had left after she died, but I'm guessing he left that to JB and Deanna.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think JB started to get wealthy after investing TLC money into real estate. Both homes and properties. I'm not sure what Mary had left after she died, but I'm guessing he left that to JB and Deanna.

I think Mary still had quite a bit of property. several of Mary's properties went into the JB and Michelle revocable trust. 2 large properties on either side of Amy and Dillon's went on to Joy and Austin via quit claim deed. Amy's property went right from Mary to her. Deanna owns a bunch of property I think, but I haven't looked at the records mostly because I don't care. If she got something and JB didn't, I am good with that.

Pickles posted a while back that the Pa Caldwell and family moved out of the JB owned house behind JED!s car lot to a house built on property owned by Joe and Kendra. Has any one here seen any info on that?

• Useful 10
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Partly, considering he was working at all his family businesses by the age of 18. I believe that he worked hard at everything, but he also got lots and lots of legs up. Not quite burn on third-base thinking he hit a triple, but born on second base and did the rest of the work himself. 

hink JB started to get wealthy after investing TLC money into real estate. Both homes and properties. I'm not sure what Mary had left after she died, but I'm guessing he left that to JB and Deanna.

They were making some real estate rental money before this. I think their big break was owning land where are the companies want to place cell phone towers.  That certainly seems to be a source of income no one really talked about but has been pretty substantial over the course of nearly 20 years. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Partly, considering he was working at all his family businesses by the age of 18. I believe that he worked hard at everything, but he also got lots and lots of legs up. Not quite burn on third-base thinking he hit a triple, but born on second base and did the rest of the work himself. 

They were making some real estate rental money before this. I think their big break was owning land where are the companies want to place cell phone towers.  That certainly seems to be a source of income no one really talked about but has been pretty substantial over the course of nearly 20 years. 

Reading threads here over the years I thought several of the properties where the kids live(d) were mentioned as belonging to JB but previously owned by his mother.  This was prior to her death.  I can't say whether that's accurate or not because I've never researched anything like that.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

they don't have much as far as cell tower property - I think just the one in the back of the property John and Abbie live on and maybe one other. the income from those has dropped a lot since cell phone co mergers.

JB's real estate guy Thomas Joseph has 6 current listings  - all property connected to JB - like over 2 million worth. outlots in front of the Luxury RV park site for 1 million and then some random lots.

the JB and Michelle trust also purchased a wooded area on a peninsula along a river, right about the time JD formed two LLC's with RV Park in the name

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2020 at 10:32 AM, Tikichick said:

He got his money from some place. He had enough to sink $250,000 into a losing campaign while his wife and multiple kids lived in a 3 bedroom rental and accepted food donations from people at his church.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'll never forget JL being wheeled about in a rickety office chair. It never fails to anger me.

I wonder if it ever occurs to Jim Bob that someday Josh may be doing the same thing to him?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I wonder if it ever occurs to Jim Bob that someday Josh may be doing the same thing to him?

Dignity isn't their strong suit. So yeah, I see a rickety office chair in Boob's future.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Dignity isn't their strong suit. So yeah, I see a rickety office chair in Boob's future.

Hopefully it's one with a balky wheel that falls off on camera. I'd also like the helmet to be messed up so we can see what's really underneath. 

This does not compare to what I wish for Mullet Duggar. I maintain that she's the primary driving force (though not the only one) behind the zillion kids and the attendant abuse. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

If there’s any justice, Michelle will be forced to spend her golden years doing Anna’s laundry,  but I doubt that will happen. Michelle is a lot more forceful and selfish than her own mother-in-law ever was.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Michelle is a prime candidate for fractures and incontinence, at the very least.  She may wind up being blanket trained in a hospital bed, or getting the office chair treatment herself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Michelle is a prime candidate for fractures and incontinence, at the very least.  She may wind up being blanket trained in a hospital bed, or getting the office chair treatment herself. 

If she doesn't just shrink into oblivion first. Honestly, I've been following the Duggars since the first special in, I think, 2004. Mullet has turned into a hunchbacked crone in just the last ten years or so. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, Heathen said:

If she doesn't just shrink into oblivion first. Honestly, I've been following the Duggars since the first special in, I think, 2004. Mullet has turned into a hunchbacked crone in just the last ten years or so. 

Well, that would be from her spinal column collapsing. All the pregnancies drained her body of calcium.  It would be bad enough for women with a few pregnancies, but with her – good luck!

I figure she’s headed for a ‘death becomes her’ sort of moment. Something like this.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

If there’s any justice, Michelle will be forced to spend her golden years doing Anna’s laundry,  but I doubt that will happen. Michelle is a lot more forceful and selfish than her own mother-in-law ever was.

Wait, you mean that keep sweet voice isn't real?

• LOL 10

I wonder if the Duggar kids have any idea as to how badly they're screwed once their parents die? I know Boob's net worth is estimated at 4 mil, but that isn't a heck of a lot divided 19 ways, not to mention the money will dwindle as Boob and Michelle get older and incur more health expenses. 

None of these kids have worked real jobs, none of them are supporting themselves and many of the wives are on track for 10+ children. Everything is gravy now, but when they hit middle age, they're in for a rude awakening. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if the Duggar kids have any idea as to how badly they're screwed once their parents die? I know Boob's net worth is estimated at 4 mil, but that isn't a heck of a lot divided 19 ways, not to mention the money will dwindle as Boob and Michelle get older and incur more health expenses. 

None of these kids have worked real jobs, none of them are supporting themselves and many of the wives are on track for 10+ children. Everything is gravy now, but when they hit middle age, they're in for a rude awakening. 

They'll scrape by somehow, still having babies. I think Austin and Joy should do just fine. The guy works. And I think Derick and Jill will be fine too. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

And there’s no guarantee for any of them that the estate will be divided up even-Steven. If Jim Bob dies first, Michelle will control every penny and make sure that the lion’s share goes to her favorites (Josh, Jessa and Josie). The ones she doesn’t like (Jana, probably Josiah) or the ones whose names she can’t remember will be left out in the cold. 

And if Michelle dies first, Jim Bob won’t waste any time getting married again to a girl young enough to birth a whole new tribe for him.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

And if Michelle dies first, Jim Bob won’t waste any time getting married again to a girl young enough to birth a whole new tribe for him.

I feel like he would be lost without her, but she would do well enough without him. But totally agree with you on the new tribe thing.

• Love 11

JB & M still have 12 kids at home if we include Laura. And if he is the older boys' boss, then he's supporting them as well. So that adds, Jessa & Ben and three kids, Josh & Anna and six kids, Joe & Kendra and two kids, JD & Abbie and one kid and Josiah & Lauren and one kid. That's 35 Duggars, plus JB & M totaling 37.

Just 12 kids alone are significant monthly expenses. If he's truly supporting the other 35 in some fashion, he won't have a lot of money left in his will.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Just 12 kids alone are significant monthly expenses. If he's truly supporting the other 35 in some fashion, he won't have a lot of money left in his w

Assuming he only has above board income.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

It would not surprise me,  despite his multiple real estate holdings, that his empire is a house of cards that a strong wind will eventually topple.  

Way too many mouths to feed and way too many sons, with zero skills, who do not generate income.   

• Love 12
21 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I hope it comes as a terrible surprise. 

And that it's not just Josh pushing him around. It's all the kids, and they've come up with a game called old-man-in-the-desk-chair hockey. 

They can do old-lady-in-a-desk-chair tenpins, too. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Would be fine by me 🤣

The kids will fight over the $$$ once Jim Blob is disabled or dead. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Would be fine by me 🤣

The kids will fight over the $$$ once Jim Blob is disabled or dead. 

Nah, Boob has everything tied up in a trust. I only hope a lawyer is the executor and not Smuggar. HE would run off with all the money.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

t would not surprise me,  despite his multiple real estate holdings, that his empire is a house of cards that a strong wind will eventually topple.

Perhaps. I also wouldn’t be surprised if there is a massive amount of ill-gotten, or at least well hidden gains somewhere. Witness the recent sacking of a hurricane for profit. There’s probably a stash of cash buried in a suitcase near the dump. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Perhaps. I also wouldn’t be surprised if there is a massive amount of ill-gotten, or at least well hidden gains somewhere. Witness the recent sacking of a hurricane for profit. There’s probably a stash of cash buried in a suitcase near the dump. 

Sounds like the next Coen brothers movie!  

Edited by fonfereksglen
Spelling, as usual.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, Boob has everything tied up in a trust. I only hope a lawyer is the executor and not Smuggar. HE would run off with all the money.

Definitely.   A trust, administered by an attorney who is even greedier and more tightfisted than Boob.  I don't believe he wants any of his kids to have any financial control over their lives even after he's gone.  It may even be set up so that if he goes first, Michelle is provided for very well, but not even she can make changes to the trust.  For their sake, I hope I'm wrong, but I really see Boob as the type who can't stand the thought of losing control of his children and money.  Not even after death.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just 12 kids alone are significant monthly expenses.

For any of us, this would be true. But JB & Michelle don't buy their kids new clothes, allow them to participate in any clubs or sports, and rarely take them anywhere. They also don't have to buy $150 worth of school supplies that every child needs when attending public school. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

For any of us, this would be true. But JB & Michelle don't buy their kids new clothes, allow them to participate in any clubs or sports, and rarely take them anywhere. They also don't have to buy $150 worth of school supplies that every child needs when attending public school. 

That's true, but what they save there still seems to get spent. Jana appears to be their most expensive 'child'. Just her gardening and landscaping alone is in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Feeding 14 Duggars, over half which are adults, would be expensive, even with cheap food. Over half of them drive and have cell phones. Then there's the added birthday presents, Christmas presents and even things like toilet paper. 

They take a mission trip each year. Drive to Big Sandy. Send the kids to Alert and Journey.

The average person will earn and spend about one million dollars in their lifetime. If JB is supporting all, or even half of his adult children, the money is going to run out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Legal income or illegal income, he doesn't have an infinite amount of money.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9