Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I'd love to sign up and blow off the conference and sit by the pool sipping cold drinks for 3 days.  Unfortunately a.  I am not a pastor, b. I am a lowly woman, unqualified to become a pastor and c. Texas is too far to drive and I don't want to fly these days

d) you don't want to be around these people during a pandemic and even if not a pandemic, you might catch something from these idiots. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

d) you don't want to be around these people during a pandemic and even if not a pandemic, you might catch something from these idiots. 

Oh, I'd manage to maintain my social distance from all of them, looks like a pretty big resort and I doubt our paths would cross

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 5/10/2020 at 11:41 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Question- what’s the deal with phrase “daughter in love”, compared to “daughter in law”? I also never hear/read “son in love” only “son in law”......is that a fundy/Christian thing? 

Well, according to my sources, it’s a frequently used expression by Hobbits of The Shire. 🙂

• LOL 5

Some tabloid should be publishing photos of celebrities without masks who selfishly chose to endanger the community. There should be a sense of shame.  Look at him all proud! 🤬

They should print celebrities looking cute in their masks. 

• Love 21
39 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Some tabloid should be publishing photos of celebrities without masks who selfishly chose to endanger the community. There should be a sense of shame.  Look at him all proud! 🤬

They should print celebrities looking cute in their masks. 

I agree. Not wearing a mask shows a blatant disregard for others. For the community and his own family.

From the many headlines I've scrolled passed, surprisingly many celebs wear masks. Or they at least avoid getting their picture taken without one.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Not only is he without a mask, he is in the freaking grocery store!  There are so many people trying to avoid crowds but who still have to do  grocery shopping.  Not to mention the employees who are considered essential and have been working hard since this thing began.  He's an inconsiderate jerk.  Never, ever puts anyone ahead of himself.

not a grocery - from her shirt logo I think it is a Love's truckstop/gas/convenience store

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

He knows exactly what he's doing, too. Coming from Jim Bob the masklessness is no accident. it's a statement.

We learned that when he advertised that America at the Crossroads -- 911 thing last week, which loudly and exliplicitly ties mask wearing to communism and tyranny, godlessness and all manner of things they call immorality. 

He's doing the MacArthur thing of taking a stance against the ebil librul mask people on behalf of his faith and his favored ideologies. And the safety of others be damned. Jesus loves him. 

Look at that arrogant puss. He's thrilled with himself. Jerk. 

Of course his endless self-centeredness is no surprise around here .... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

What the fresh hell is this?

Definitely hell. Fresh, I'm not too sure. 🤢🥵

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

WTF IT'S ALMOST LABOR DAY OF THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

Apparently it's never too late to try to make JB and M lovable. 😷🤒

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 8/20/2020 at 9:41 PM, emma675 said:

Are any of us surprised, though? Jim Blob is the most selfish, egotistical man on earth, of course he's not wearing a mask or concerned for others. 

On Earth? Big stretch there. 

I thought those were Cabbage Patch Kids at first. 

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

On Earth? Big stretch there. 

I thought those were Cabbage Patch Kids at first. 

In the Duggar house! No way! 

Bill Gothard believed Cabbage Patch Kid dolls were evil and prevented pregnancy or cause mental illness. It sounds nuts, because it is nuts.  I suppose all cult leaders like to demonize things that are popular. 

Cabbage patch dolls Gothard

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Bill Gothard believed Cabbage Patch Kid dolls were evil and prevented pregnancy or cause mental illness. It sounds nuts, because it is nuts.  I suppose all cult leaders like to demonize things that are popular. 

I really don't get how people in his church wouldn't hear their leader ranting about the evils of Cabbage Patch and not think its a clear sign he's lost his mind. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I really don't get how people in his church wouldn't hear their leader ranting about the evils of Cabbage Patch and not think its a clear sign he's lost his mind. 

I don't either. But by accounts at Recovering Grace and elsewhere what a lot of parents really did was go home and destroy their stuff.

And even sadder is the fact that Gothard apparently was one of the cults that's attracted some pretty well educated people. All I can imagine is that he somehow harnessed all their fears and anxieties to fire them up to do this stuff, believing him when he said it'd effectively keep their children from turning into rebellious minions of Satan......

He had to attract a really fearful and anxious crowd to accomplish that, seems to me. And be a great con man, of course.

The job slots for con men would be much fewer if it weren't for that Satan guy, clearly.

"Cabbage Patch dolls and Ragtime, shameless music that'll grab your son and your daughter with the arms of a jungle animal instinct! Mass-staria!.....We got trouble right here in River City!"

Gothard must have watched Harold Hill a lot. (of course Bill put his own twist on it -- he definitely didn't want a band)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Temperance said:

Hahaha!  We were denied cabbage patch kids when we were children for this reason!  As well as the smurfs, and ET!  All satanic!  😂

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, awaken said:

Hahaha!  We were denied cabbage patch kids when we were children for this reason!  As well as the smurfs, and ET!  All satanic!  😂

Well, I had cabbage patch kids and smurfs as a kid so either they weren't satanic or Satan failed.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

The 80s were apparently high times for Satan. That was when what is now called “satanic panic” led to a bunch of high profile prosecutions of adults at pre-schools/child care centers. It’s absolutely astonishing what kids would say that adults, including police officers and social workers, would believe, and was used as evidence in trials. It makes the cabbage patch kids fear look tame.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Temperance said:

Are you ex-IBLP? 

My dad grew up in it, and many family members are. It heavily influenced my upbringing. We went to iblp And ifb camps and schools. My parents eventually transitioned to conservative evangelical Christian. 

• Useful 9
46 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

bgusms2lwhl51.jpg

That is a pretty weird thing to be sad about. My husband is his parents' youngest child, and we were in our 30s when we had our kids. Our youngest is four. My in-laws are in their late 60s. It's very possible that she won't have kids until she is in her 30s, like us, so they would have to live well into their 90s if that happens. It has never occured to me to anticipate that and be sad about it. My own dad died when I was a kid and my kids only met one of my grandparents, amd my husbands grandparents had all died by the time our third child was born, so maybe I have a different perspective,  but I think it is fairly common to not know your great grandparents. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

bgusms2lwhl51.jpg

What the heck is this nutball smoking?  First off, JimBob and Michelle CHOSE to continue having children well into their 40's.  Their children didn't have a choice, but they did.  If they were concerned about meeting grandkids, they could've stopped years earlier. Second, nobody is guaranteed they won't die young.  I lost 3 of my 4 grandparents before I was 9 years old. My youngest sister, born when my parents were 41 and 43, never knew any of her grandparents as 3 were gone before she was born and the last died when she was just a year old.  It didn't even occur to my parents to be sad about it, that's life. All of my grandparents were younger when they had my parents than JB and M were with Josie. It happens.  Third, Jim Bob is now 55 and Meechelle is 53.  Their youngest child, Josie, is 10.  Thus far, most of JB and M's kids have married before the age of 25 and all the ones who married became parents in the first couple years, most were pregnant or parents by their first anniversary.  Therefore, there's no reason to think that Josie won't be married off and breedin' well before JB and M turn 70.  The average life expectancy in the US is 79+ years.

This is not sad, it is stupid.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16
23 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

What the heck is this nutball smoking?  First off, JimBob and Michelle CHOSE to continue having children well into their 40's.  Their children didn't have a choice, but they did.  If they were concerned about meeting grandkids, they could've stopped years earlier. Second, nobody is guaranteed they won't die young.  I lost 3 of my 4 grandparents before I was 9 years old. My youngest sister, born when my parents were 41 and 43, never knew any of her grandparents as 3 were gone before she was born and the last died when she was just a year old.  It didn't even occur to my parents to be sad about it, that's life. All of my grandparents were younger when they had my parents than JB and M were with Josie. It happens.  Third, Jim Bob is now 55 and Meechelle is 53.  Their youngest child, Josie, is 10.  Thus far, most of JB and M's kids have married before the age of 25 and all the ones who married became parents in the first couple years, most were pregnant or parents by their first anniversary.  Therefore, there's no reason to think that Josie won't be married off and breedin' well before JB and M turn 70.  The average life expectancy in the US is 79+ years.

Apparently it was written by somebody who's more sentimental about JB and M than you'd imagine anyone could be. (or who's pretending to be, at any rate)

Plus, JB and M would be thrilled to think that their Great Big Babies For The Correct Jesus Machine may go on churning out third-generation babies long after they're gone. Jesus will record every one as a golden hash mark on the big Mom and Dad Duggar Tote Board near his throne.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I agree. I lost my two grandmothers and my great-grandmother in the span of three years when I was a kid. None of them were that old. Not even my great-grandmother who had both of her kids before she was twenty. She did see all of her grandchildren marry and all but one of her great-grandchildren born. My one grandpa died before I was born, My other grandpa died a year after I graduated but he had Alzheimer's for almost the last decade so even though he was alive for all of his grandchildren to graduate high school and three married. He didn't remember any of us. Mean while my great-grandfather lived until 94. So he saw all his grandchildren marry, all his great-grandchildren marry, one of his great-grandchildren marry and on his birthday. But he also lost his wife, both their daughters, all of his siblings, parents and also one of his great-grandsons. That effected him a lot.  It was really hard for him. You just don't know how its going to work out.

• Love 2

Yeah I don’t get this either. Many people don’t live to see all of their grandchildren born. Many people don’t know any of their biological grandparents (my mom being one of them). Yeah it’s possible the younger J kids don’t be done having babies when JB & Michelle die (especially if the Jackson has a younger wife)- but SO? I understand wanting to live to meet your grand kids, but it’s not promised. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I don’t get this either. Many people don’t live to see all of their grandchildren born. Many people don’t know any of their biological grandparents (my mom being one of them). Yeah it’s possible the younger J kids don’t be done having babies when JB & Michelle die (especially if the Jackson has a younger wife)- but SO? I understand wanting to live to meet your grand kids, but it’s not promised. 

Yeah. I'd be willing to bet that there are almost as many variations on this as there are people on this forum. My dad lost both his parents during WWII by the time he was 10. I barely knew my maternal grandparents as they lived in Poland, so I only visited them about 5 times between the ages of 3 and 18 (by which time my grandfather, at least, had passed away). Mr Jyn never knew either of his grandfathers, but his grandmothers lived long enough to see at least two of our children. His father passed away before Grand-Jynlet was born (though there were a couple more great-grands by then), and while his mother is still alive, she has had dementia over the past few years to the point that she barely knows her own children, let alone grands. My dad passed away three years ago, but my mom is still around to enjoy her great-granddaughter.

What will happen in the case of any of the Duggar grands or great grands, no one can predict. Plus which, the sentence in that post barely makes any sense without a lot of mental squinting. 

• Love 6

I agree that's a weird post. For starters, Boob and Michelle deny themselves nothing, so they'll put all the resources they have into living to a ripe old age.

Second, we all know Josie, Jordyn and Jenny will be married off before they hit 20, so that's barely a decade. Boob and Michelle will only be in their 60s when the youngest start procreating.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree that's a weird post. For starters, Boob and Michelle deny themselves nothing, so they'll put all the resources they have into living to a ripe old age.

Second, we all know Josie, Jordyn and Jenny will be married off before they hit 20, so that's barely a decade. Boob and Michelle will only be in their 60s when the youngest start procreating

Michelle’s Dad and Jim bobs  Mom knew all their grandchildren.  There’s no reason these two eon’t live to see all theirs. They won’t care about any of them beyond the first 20 though.  Probably won’t be able to remember their names. My step grandmother had wellover a hundred grandchildren,  I joined the family at age 5. She never cared about any of them as far as I could tell. 

• Love 5

Never mind family dynamics, location and busy lives. Not all families remain close with extended family. Many families are spread throughout the US and beyond. And most families have jobs and children to raise.

That post sounds like something Jill would have thought of, about 5 years ago when she was still in full fairy tale mode.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Michelle’s Dad and Jim bobs  Mom knew all their grandchildren.  There’s no reason these two eon’t live to see all theirs. They won’t care about any of them beyond the first 20 though.  Probably won’t be able to remember their names. My step grandmother had wellover a hundred grandchildren,  I joined the family at age 5. She never cared about any of them as far as I could tell. 

If I recall- both of Michelle’s parents were deceased before Joe was born. 

But the rest of your post still stands. I agree!

• Love 1