Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 7/21/2020 at 10:08 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. And in these photos of JB and Michelle when they were young you can tell they WERE really happy and enthused. Even now JB looks happy when he’s with Michelle. The J boys rarely look as happy about anything. 

I think he is still gaga for her after all these years.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe it was the angle of the phone, but Jed's mustache looks like its growing out of his nose.

With the Duggars anything is possible.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/21/2020 at 11:08 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. And in these photos of JB and Michelle when they were young you can tell they WERE really happy and enthused. Even now JB looks happy when he’s with Michelle. The J boys rarely look as happy about anything. 

Of course, when JB and M were young, they didn't have 18 siblings, didn't have JB and M as parents, hadn't been forced through Gothard's Garden of Torment for Children and Young People, hadn't been blanket trained and whipped with plumbing materials,  went to high school, wore regular fairly fashionable clothes (according to their lights), got to be cheerleaders, got to date as teenagers, got to wear bikinis, didn't have to take an "accountability partner" everywhere, got to pick out and marry the person they chose not the person some old religion-and-personal-dynasty-obsessed-fart chose for them, weren't burdened by thinking that other people would insist they have 45 children while not ever working for anybody but their chintzy father, and never needed to worry that they might not have sex or even hold hands with an interesting person before they were 30....

No wonder they looked happy and their kids don't. 😁

JB was living his dream and still is. His kids never even got to have a dream. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Is there raw footage of the conference or just Katie's video?

That's footage from Big Sandy. Embassy Media produced it, and it's either on their site or IBLP's.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Perhaps Michelle and Jim Bob could give a talk on narcissistic rage and use their wonderful family struggle as testimony. 

Jill is never coming back, you chowderheads. You should’ve just cut Derick a big fat check when you had a chance.  He doesn’t seem to have an issue with your beliefs, it’s strictly a money thing. Very telling that you love money more than family peace. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
37 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Perhaps Michelle and Jim Bob could give a talk on narcissistic rage and use their wonderful family struggle as testimony. 

Jill is never coming back, you chowderheads. You should’ve just cut Derick a big fat check when you had a chance.  He doesn’t seem to have an issue with your beliefs, it’s strictly a money thing. Very telling that you love money more than family peace. 

Well, #17 (or so) on that 150 year old list was about not giving much money to your children. Sure, get a house to live in for a while but don't pay your kids for appearing on a show about their fucking generation. 

This directive justifies Boob being a grade A skinflint.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, #17 (or so) on that 150 year old list was about not giving much money to your children. Sure, get a house to live in for a while but don't pay your kids for appearing on a show about their fucking generation. 

This directive justifies Boob being a grade A skinflint.

I mean, controlling the amount of available resources a given person has is also a classic way of keeping people in cults.  If one of the kids suddenly decided they wanted out, and were not already weighed down with a spouse and child, making sure they only have 100 bucks in their account at any given time is going to keep them in line.  It’s doubly bad that every adult, married or not, is pretty much a tax avoidance scam for Boob, too.  Thousands upon thousands of dollars may be passing through under their name, but they wind up having little to no access to it.

One of the other things I mention is avoiding moods and fits of sulkiness.  Read by a sulking Michelle. There are no emotions besides positive emotions.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Would someone mind summarizing? I am dealing with Life Stuff and in no way inclined to listen to their bullshit....

I am never inclined to listen to their bullshit and right there with you. Thank you in advance to whoever can stand it.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Anyway, of the 18 minutes of the thing, maybe 4-5 are JB and M and the rest is Katie interpreting what she thinks they really meant which is a stretch, IMO.

Thank you! I was skipping ahead but all I was seeing was Katie's dumb self. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Thank you! I was skipping ahead but all I was seeing was Katie's dumb self. 

My estimate of 4-5 minutes of footage of JB and M is generous, BTW, it was probably less.  From what I saw, they were spouting the usual crapola they spout at these conferences.  I didn't think there was any great revelation about anything specific to their family.  If the stuff that Katie posted was the most convincing as far as their relationship with Jill and Derick, there is nothing there.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 6

I agree. Katie, as usual, is reaching. I watched for the footage so *I* could decipher it. The book Meech referred to is new material for her. I think Boob has talked about his temper issues before, so nothing new there. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

My estimate of 4-5 minutes of footage of JB and M is generous, BTW, it was probably less.  From what I saw, they were spouting the usual crapola they spout at these conferences.  I didn't think there was any great revelation about anything specific to their family.  If the stuff that Katie posted was the most convincing as far as their relationship with Jill and Derick, there is nothing there.

It is a tale/ Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,/ Signifying nothing.

Still, thanks to those who watched it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I’m not a fan of giving kids large amounts of money but you have to then prepare them to be independent so they can support themselves which they have not. But since appearing on the show is more or less their job, they should be compensated. 

• Love 17
20 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Of course, when JB and M were young, they didn't have 18 siblings, didn't have JB and M as parents, hadn't been forced through Gothard's Garden of Torment for Children and Young People, hadn't been blanket trained and whipped with plumbing materials,  went to high school, wore regular fairly fashionable clothes (according to their lights), got to be cheerleaders, got to date as teenagers, got to wear bikinis, didn't have to take an "accountability partner" everywhere, got to pick out and marry the person they chose not the person some old religion-and-personal-dynasty-obsessed-fart chose for them, weren't burdened by thinking that other people would insist they have 45 children while not ever working for anybody but their chintzy father, and never needed to worry that they might not have sex or even hold hands with an interesting person before they were 30....

No wonder they looked happy and their kids don't. 😁

JB was living his dream and still is. His kids never even got to have a dream. 

JB will never conceive (or concede) that there is any problem or issue.  As he sees it his kids have great lives because they're living HIS dream.  The man literally can't see beyond the bounds of his dream and dismisses all outside that scope as sinful and ungodly. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But again, not one adult and/or married Duggar is struggling for money. Derick is a big spinner of facts. 

Derick may very well be a big spinner of facts.  IMO plenty of the infamous Duggar 19 are suffering in bondage because they do not have independent access to the money earned off their image and participation.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Derick may very well be a big spinner of facts.  IMO plenty of the infamous Duggar 19 are suffering in bondage because they do not have independent access to the money earned off their image and participation.  

True. I don’t know for sure, but it seems like all of the boys businesses are under the umbrella of Duggar entreprises. Are they making that much money individually with their businesses? And then, there is Ben. Who the hell knows what he does.

Where the money comes from is the big question. Who signs everyone’s paychecks and how does JB make all of his money.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

However that is speculation, as well as what Derick says. Jessa and Jinger seem to have access to plenty of money, so if JB is actually doling it out, he seems to be very generous.

I believe the Duggar 19 suffer a different bondage. The bondage of being raised in a dysfunctional famous Fundy family. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

True. I don’t know for sure, but it seems like all of the boys businesses are under the umbrella of Duggar entreprises. Are they making that much money individually with their businesses? And then, there is Ben. Who the hell knows what he does.

Where the money comes from is the big question. Who signs everyone’s paychecks and how does JB make all of his money.

I'm 100% convinced these entities are nothing but fronts for money laundering. I remember that one scene where Kendra called Joe at the car lot and he said a couple people came by over the course of the entire day. Not exactly a high traffic operation. There's no way these piddly businesses are generating enough profit to support the sons and their families.

The Duggar marrieds live off whatever allowance Boob gives them.

• Useful 4
  • Love 15

I think in considering whether the kidults, particularly the married kids, have their own money, we have to also look at any differences between the daughter/son-in-law pairings versus the son/daughter-in-law pairings. Couples like Joe/Kendra, etc. probably do not completely have any cash flow independent of JB, whether it's from the show or from their own businesses. I suspect that Jim Bob is involved at some level with each of the son/daughter-in-law pairings, although it may be to differing degrees with each one. 

The daughter/son-in-law pairings, with the possible exception of Jessa/Ben, likely do have cash flow independent of JB. This is most evident with Jill/Derick and Joy/Austin. I suspect that with Jill/Derick, they are completely financially independent from JB. I think Joy/Austin are almost completely there other than maybe the occasional stint on Counting On, but even then they are trying to break away from that. Jinger/Jeremy is a big question mark, because they are clearly not residing in the same vicinity as everyone else, but LA has a higher cost of living, and it's unclear as to what their cash flow is with their attempts at influencing, or even with regard to the show. And well, Ben has basically become a Duggar more than Jessa has become a Seewald, so they are probably more on par with the son/DILs.

• Useful 12
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm 100% convinced these entities are nothing but fronts for money laundering. I remember that one scene where Kendra called Joe at the car lot and he said a couple people came by over the course of the entire day. Not exactly a high traffic operation. There's no way these piddly businesses are generating enough profit to support the sons and their families.

The Duggar marrieds live off whatever allowance Boob gives them.

It was the same when 19K showed Smuggar and Ofsmuggar at the business before Mackynzie was born. There was hardly any traffic, and there was Ofsmuggar, making notes on a steno pad like a real professional dealership. *eye roll* I bought a new (used) car this week, and there was no steno pad or the owner's wife or a repurposed kitchen table involved. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Also, doesn't owning and flying planes cost a big chunk of $$  Don't they own two now at least?  Even if they own them outright, there is fuel, maintenance, storage and whatever other fees are associated.  You can't tell me that Grease monkey pilot is funding that all on his own.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Also, doesn't owning and flying planes cost a big chunk of $$  Don't they own two now at least?  Even if they own them outright, there is fuel, maintenance, storage and whatever other fees are associated.  You can't tell me that Grease monkey pilot is funding that all on his own.

They own at least 6 planes. A 10—seater and a bunch of four-seaters. 

• Useful 8
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They own at least 6 planes. A 10—seater and a bunch of four-seaters. 

they also own 1 or 2 of those silly little helicopters.

2 or 3 of the duggar aviation planes were purchased from Alert

Edited by crazy8s
missed a word
  • Useful 4

When JB was talking about being angry, he says that you might build a wall between your kids and God because that for the kids "their view of God is the same view they have of their father". Is he saying that his kids think he is God?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I noticed the "God=Dad" comment from Jim Bob. Really, no one's father is equal to God IMO, sorry. I don't care what a great father you can have but isn't this blasphemous? Michelle used her whisperly sweet mousy voice again. It was annoying to listen to her. Those two have a lot of nerve continuing to speak anywhere and give advise to anyone. They do it for the $$, if any, and mostly for the attention it gives them. They are experts in nothing but think so highly of themselves. Wow, are they models of humility!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I noticed the "God=Dad" comment from Jim Bob. Really, no one's father is equal to God IMO, sorry. I don't care what a great father you can have but isn't this blasphemous? Michelle used her whisperly sweet mousy voice again. It was annoying to listen to her. Those two have a lot of nerve continuing to speak anywhere and give advise to anyone. They do it for the $$, if any, and mostly for the attention it gives them. They are experts in nothing but think so highly of themselves. Wow, are they models of humility!

I think that the worst part is that people are willing to pay for them to speak! If no one did, they would stay home. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

When JB was talking about being angry, he says that you might build a wall between your kids and God because that for the kids "their view of God is the same view they have of their father". Is he saying that his kids think he is God?

I understand what JB was trying to say..... the Bible says that God is our ABBA Father, a common term that expresses affection, confidence and trust. Yes, revere, honor and respect God, but don’t be afraid to go to Him with your problems, fears or concerns much like you would do to your earthly father. Unfortunately, some earthly fathers don’t deserve honor or respect. So, if a person wouldn’t go to their earthly father, they very well may turn against their Heavenly Father.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

I understand what JB was trying to say..... the Bible says that God is our ABBA Father, a common term that expresses affection, confidence and trust. Yes, revere, honor and respect God, but don’t be afraid to go to Him with your problems, fears or concerns much like you would do to your earthly father. Unfortunately, some earthly fathers don’t deserve honor or respect. So, if a person wouldn’t go to their earthly father, they very well may turn against their Heavenly Father.

Yes, thank you, I was trying to think of how to explain this. You did a much better job than I would have. Also if your earthly father is abusive/ untrustworthy then you are less likely to trust the Heavenly Father.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes, thank you, I was trying to think of how to explain this. You did a much better job than I would have. Also if your earthly father is abusive/ untrustworthy then you are less likely to trust the Heavenly Father.

So glad I am an atheist!

• Love 14
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

However that is speculation, as well as what Derick says. Jessa and Jinger seem to have access to plenty of money, so if JB is actually doling it out, he seems to be very generous.

I believe the Duggar 19 suffer a different bondage. The bondage of being raised in a dysfunctional famous Fundy family. 

Isn't the bold speculation as well?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

The Duggars who “work” for Boob Enterprises most likely don’t have the same expenses we do, like a mortgage or rent. Another way Boob controls them.

Seems cheap -- until you have to pay the cost.  

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Isn't the bold speculation as well?

Jinger and Jessa share a lot of how they're living and what they purchase on TV and SM. LA is quite expensive and J & J have expensive dining and clothing tastes. Jessa sent her in-laws on an anniversary trip recently and has done some home renos. So I would say that its common knowledge neither family is scrimping and saving to get by.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jinger and Jessa share a lot of how they're living and what they purchase on TV and SM. LA is quite expensive and J & J have expensive dining and clothing tastes. Jessa sent her in-laws on an anniversary trip recently and has done some home renos. So I would say that its common knowledge neither family is scrimping and saving to get by.

Jinger is living in a house on a temporary gifted basis.  Perhaps her headship is spending whatever they get, along with their Laredo house proceeds on his current priorities, assuming it's all easy come, easy go and repeat.  Maybe JB is staying silent, knowing that may be what forces them back to Arkansas eventually.

Jessa and Ben are already packed pretty tightly into their living quarters with 3 children.  I don't even know if they actually own the property they're living in.  It also appears they may only have one vehicle. 

Their lives may appear fairly presentable to fans on the 'gram.  I'm not so sure the reality is aspirational. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Jinger is living in a house on a temporary gifted basis.  Perhaps her headship is spending whatever they get, along with their Laredo house proceeds on his current priorities, assuming it's all easy come, easy go and repeat.  Maybe JB is staying silent, knowing that may be what forces them back to Arkansas eventually.

Jessa and Ben are already packed pretty tightly into their living quarters with 3 children.  I don't even know if they actually own the property they're living in.  It also appears they may only have one vehicle. 

Their lives may appear fairly presentable to fans on the 'gram.  I'm not so sure the reality is aspirational. 

Agree that SM is not reality and neither family is something that I would aspire to. I was just sharing my opinion that what Derick says and the speculation made by the Youtube woman does not make sense with what we see with the remaining Duggars.

Jessa and Ben do own their home. Someone saw the deed. Any money that the Vuolos made on the sale of their house would be long gone by now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/31/2020 at 10:14 PM, jcbrown said:

It is a tale/ Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,/ Signifying nothing.

Still, thanks to those who watched it. 

Everytime I hear that quote I hear it from me o Neil on Daria 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Any money that the Vuolos made on the sale of their house would be long gone by now.

If they don't roll the profit into a new home they're going to have to pay a hefty tax bill on it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
Just now, Nysha said:

If they don't roll the profit into a new home they're going to have to pay a hefty tax bill on it.

However, if I'm remembering correctly, everyone gets a one time exemption.

• Useful 3