Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

Was I the only one who noticed Britt and Jillian? I might have the names wrong, I think it's them. Cuddling, hugging. Walking hand in hand at the pool. I get that some women are affectionate with each other. But don't most of us wait until we have known each other a while?

Ok, maybe they just wanted more camera time, and were smart enough to know that video of two girls hugging, snuggling, etc, was NOT going to get cut.

• Love 5

You weren't the only one who noticed. Lots of girlie handholding and cuddling this season! I do like the fact that the women seem, for the most part, kind, supportive and encouraging toward each other. No obvious villains in the group, and that's actually nice for a change.

Chris, meanwhile, is as vanilla as they come. Oh, Arie, how I miss you!

• Love 3

I liked Chris and Whitney together (the blonde with the Kardashian voice). They seemed genuinely into each other, and he seemed genuinely impressed with her. He's the only one thus far that I have noticed getting treated respectfully and like a real lady and not a bed bunny. Go Becca. Kimmel? Fail. Epic fail.

Edited by hnygrl
  • Love 2

God, McKenzie is a dolt. "Why are you kissing other girls?" I'm honestly wondering how she figured out what went where during Kale's consummation. "You say it goes in my ear?"

I'm pretty sure I just saw Jade's boob and I'm not talking about ones she already has out there on the Internet.

Ashley I. is actually kind of embarrassing. Her kissing is...just no. I'm surprised we don't see Chris' arms flailing around, gasping for air.

• Love 4

Whitney's voice gets a little less annoying as you listen to it.  She was pretty cool at that wedding.  At least she resisted the temptation to go full-Mackenzie & brag about how many times Chris kissed her. 

I agree, she seemed like a lot of fun there. I was thinking she'd be pretty cool to hang out with. I really think her voice gets more normal the calmer she gets, too.

• Love 2
Amber saying she doesn't like warm and salty in her mouth. My mind went there..

Oh you weren't alone there. My husband pretty much hates this show but he tolerates me watching it. He was listening from the other room while flossing his teeth, and he and I both choked because we were laughing so hard at this. Because that's what every guy wants to hear on a date right? "Nothing warm and salty in my mouth!"  Call me a pervert if you must...

• Love 6
Meghan: "do I look cracky?" [referring to her makeup, not drug ingestion]

Mackenzie: you mean "like a crack whore?"

That was my favorite exchange of the night. Mackenzie really is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

How come Jillian's butt got blackboxed, but we we shown pretty much all-but-nip of Jade's boob?

That wasn't her boob. It was a nude bikini top with a black lace bib-type thing attached to it. When she was upright, you saw the black lace, but when was lying on Chris's bed the black lace part fell to the side and you only saw the nude fabric. Her bikini bottoms were also nude with a black lace band. I'm not saying that black-boxing Jillian's butt wasn't producer hijinks, but Jade seemed "decent" the entire time.

I'm no prude, but the indiscriminate kissing grosses me out. I understand him wanting to kiss the girls he's really into, but I see zero chemistry with more than half of the girls he's kissed - e.g. Mackenzie, Jillian, Amber, Carly, Megan, even Ashley I.

No need for Juelia to get so detailed about her husband's suicide at this point, and in the midst of the fun pool party...notice no one interrupted as usual, production has to wring every ounce of drama out of the sad situation.

I blame Emily for setting the precedent of the Ultra Detailed Sob Story. Since then it seems like there's been one every season.

I liked Kimmel writing the date cards and popping up at the rose ceremony and in the closing tag, but having him as the third wheel to an entire 1-on-1 date was too much. With most comedians I find that "less is more".

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4
When Juelia was telling her troubling story, I kept thinking, "If they pull the camera back and show that Jimmy Kimmel is sitting next to them, eating popcorn, I think I'll turn this show off for good!".

Call me a sicko, but I think that would have been comedy gold. I realize her story is sad, but there is a time and place and that wasn't it.

• Love 10

I never thought I'd say this, but I think watching this show make fun of itself is even lamer than watching the show take itself seriously.

I think at this point we the viewers and Fleiss have an implicit agreement.  We all know this show is full of nothing but famewhores looking for their 15 seconds/minutes of "fame".  But they agree to feign sincerity.  And then we get to mock them for it.

I found the show's breaking of that fourth wall very unappealing.  

And, of course, it added yet another layer of bullshit.  "Oh, what?  We're going to COSTCO?!?!  Because, you know, it's a CLUB?  That you need a MEMBERSHIP for?  Oh, that's SO Jimmy!"

• Love 6

I'm no prude, but the indiscriminate kissing grosses me out. I understand him wanting to kiss the girls he's really into, but I see zero chemistry with more than half of the girls he's kissed - e.g. Mackenzie, Jillian, Amber, Carly, Megan, even Ashley I.

Same here. I don't necessarily mind him kissing girls early into their "dating" but damn dude... do you at least swish with Listerine in between the slobbering?

• Love 3

Well, I think Chris is all in with Whitney. The way he talked to her during the ITM was the most expressive I have seen him to date. He doesn't appear to have a way with words, but maybe (like others mentioned above) it's because he has to feel something in order to not speak in Bacheloresque platitudes. Even with early frontrunner Britt, it's been nearly all physical. He seemed really, really smitten with Whitney. I would not be surprised if Whitney gets the first 2nd 1x1 date. We'll see! 

Also, Whitney's voice was MUCH less annoying this time around. 

Edited by Jess
  • Love 1

Missed product placement opportunity: whatever brand mascara and eyeliner Juelia was wearing--and there was a LOT of it--didn't smudge at all with all of that crying! That seems impossible even with waterproof makeup! That would have been my #1 consideration: no eye makeup for the sob story. Then again, I wouldn't have worn all of that makeup to a pool party, either.

• Love 2

Omigod, who brought her MOM to the ROSE CEREMONY?? Mackenzie, is your mom here? Oh, that's just poor Trina.

I think there is something sinister about the lighting in that house... no doubt Trina is beautiful and young-looking IRL but she looked like she should be playing nickel slots last night. I'd forgotten that she is the one whose biggest date fear, according to her official profile, is getting "di di." Just.... no.

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I totally bought that Chris and Whitney actually spontaneously decided to crash that wedding. Something about the way they kept glancing at each other and the cameras had a "are we allowed" vibe to it. Then the producers had to scramble to make it happen... taking them to get changed, get a present (looked like about 5 bottles of Kirkland ketchup to me) and get back... The releases from the wedding guests could always be gotten after the fact.

• Love 8

The kissing only bothers me when he's on a group date. IDK, I just find it rude to make out with one of your girlfriends while your other girlfriends are watching. I'm such a prude. I don't get the black bar at all. I'm guessing it's an in joke because at one point in the hot tub she leaned and they didn't have the black bar and all I saw was a normal, though rather more muscular than most, butt.

Missed the first half, now that I know there's a Costco date I will go watch.

Have no idea who those three who got booted off were. Don't know who half the ones who stayed are. Still too many non-descript fame whores to keep straight.

Whitney is growing on me. And yes, her voice is getting less annoying. Either she's wearing us down or she's relaxing more and the pitch is dropping.

• Love 2

I kind of fell for the wedding crash story, too, Clee, at least long enough to think it was sort of a rude thing to do at a small intimate wedding like that.  The reception itself seemed so romantic and sweet to me with the man dancing with his baby and wife at the same time.  Yeah, I thought it was just Whitney being all eager to prove that she was one of those people who could talk to strangers.  One minute Chris was muttering about liking women who could do that and suddenly Whitney was like a kid waving her arm in class, "Me, me ,me I can do that! Look a wedding!  Let's crash it and I can show you how I can talk to strangers!"  So then I think production worked to set it up and probably asked for permission.

However it went down, it worked and Chris is completely impressed with Whitney, maybe a little too impressed.  I think Whitney might be too smart for him, in spite of the Minnie Mouse voice.

What I do think was planned was Chris choosing Kaitlyn for the Jimmy Kimmel date.  I imagine Jimmy selected her because she laughs constantly and Jimmy wouldn't have to worry about his jokes falling into a silent vacuum the way they would have with someone like Mackensie or Ashley Virgin.

• Love 3
I'm guessing it's an in joke because at one point in the hot tub she leaned and they didn't have the black bar and all I saw was a normal, though rather more muscular than most, butt.

I noticed that too but there was another point where the camera caught her without the black bar and the bikini looked like it'd ridden up pretty high, exposing some of her ass. I think between her very, very muscular body (damn Jillian would scare me in a dark alley) and the cut of her bikinis (they seem a little more high cut than others) there are a lot of opportunities for it to ride up into her butt so they just cover her all the time to be on the safe side. Well that and they probably also think it's hilarious which sucks and is embarrassing for her.

I find him completely overwhelmed by the whole experience and has absolutely nothing to say. We haven't learned anything about him, he has a vocabulary of 3 adjectives and goes in for a kiss once he's exhausted those. He's even more boring than Sean, increasingly unattractive and I think this lot of women might be wasted on him.

This. I thought I could put up with this season despite Chris' dullness, for the women and their crazy but even that's not enough. I think I saw a total of maybe 20 minutes of last night's episode. Missed the RC because really who cares, with still so many, I doubt I can even remember any of the women who left and I missed all of the first hour, watching Gotham, and have zero desire to rewatch on the DVR. 

Chris is just not cutting it at all. He, as you noted, doesn't seem to have anything particularly interesting, insightful or funny to say and seems to just compensate for that by sticking his tongue down the women's throat. Like had Chris spoken much to Jade at all before tonguing her on his bed? I mean obviously the show is edited and so he probably had some time with her but still it just seems like zero to sixty with him.

About the only time he seemed semi-interesting was with Witney. Granted he repeated her being amazing a bunch of times, as well as how she was so comfortable at the wedding and how she impressed him but at least it was something. Also it was one of the first times he didn't seem just horny but like he was genuinely charmed and interested in one of the women as a person. I actually enjoyed that segment at the wedding even though I too call bullshit on the whole "producers had nothing to do with it, we just crashed all on our own..."

I do think it was hilarious how amazed Chris was by how seamlessly Witney could talk to the people and be comfortable and all I could think was "it's because she actually has an interesting personality Chris, something you don't." It definitely seemed like they were telegraphing Witney as his pick with all the talk about "if we end up together, we can look back at this night where it started" and her mentioning inviting the couple whose wedding they were at to theirs, etc.

I was really looking forward to this season because he seemed to show some gumption/fire during Andi's season, but he has just deflated.

IMO he only showed fire and gumption when he was joining and frankly sometimes leading the "we hate Nick" club and calling Nick out for not being there for the right reasons or whatever else. I always thought most of his time with Andi was fairly boring and don't remember him being that engaging there either. Funny enough, I don't remember him seeming like such a hound dog with her but I guess that's likely because he was reacting to Andi who had all the power in that situation versus now with him as the Bachelor. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Regarding the wedding crashing, I did notice that the cameras were set back from the wedding itself and then zoomed in on Whitney & Chris.  The light quality was not that great.  My guess is that ABC had to get permission to crash the wedding and one of the stipulations was that the cameras and other equipment could not be set up within the wedding/reception area - that would be too intrusive.  So the equipment was on the perimeter but since Chris & Whitney were wearing mikes, we could hear their dialogue just fine.

About Jillian's black bars - I wonder if there is hair showing.  There's been talk about her "hairy butt."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
IMO he only showed fire and gumption when he was joining and frankly sometimes leading the "we hate Nick" club and calling Nick out for not being there for the right reasons or whatever else.

He came off as pretty judgmental to me, then, too.  He had a sort of scary, snarly way with his mouth when he was angry.  I might be more forgiving if I liked his looks but the big head and tucked-under upper lip just don't make me want to watch him kissing all those fuchsia mouths.

• Love 6
Gee, crazy Onion Ashley didn't appear tonight to be crazy...or drunk...or drugged....I wonder why....

Did anyone catch the "huh?" face she made on the group date when Chris gave the date rose to Becca?  It was hilarious.  I rewound and watched it a couple times. 

Kimmel made this show tonight. The ending when he was sobbing in the limo about only having 4 days with him? AMAZING.

I actually felt like this was a little too mean. I mean sure it's funny, it's something we all laugh at and a cheesy moment when it happens, but a lot of times when these girls leave they really are hurt and rejected and embarrassed.  I thought it was mean to make fun of that.  (I'm a softie)

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 2

Missed product placement opportunity: whatever brand mascara and eyeliner Juelia was wearing--and there was a LOT of it--didn't smudge at all with all of that crying! That seems impossible even with waterproof makeup! That would have been my #1 consideration: no eye makeup for the sob story. Then again, I wouldn't have worn all of that makeup to a pool party, either.

Same.  Did you see all of the girls clutch their imaginary pearls and make "THE HORROR!!" faces when they were told that Chris was coming in ONE HOUR for the pool party?  How long does it *take* to get ready for a pool party in Bachelor-land, anyway?  I real-girl land, it's ponytail, sunscreen, swimsuit, coverup, grab a towel, let's roll.  Those girls were primping like they were going to meet the Queen.  

• Love 8

Also, how is everyone wearing the same laughably ugly fuchsia lipstick? Were they given out as a gag gift on the first night? Did Chris somehow indicate that he likes that hideous color? Does this season's stylist hate these women?

They don't have a stylist. We usually find out there's at least one girl in the house (e.g. Michelle Money) who does hair & makeup for the others. It's almost a rule that there must be a few cast members who do that for a living.

• Love 2

Loved Jimmy Kimmel and I normally don't watch his show. I wonder if he crashed the first one on one on purpose because Chris didn't seem to have much chemistry with Kaitlynn. His body language showed he wasn't into her. He was kissing her with these tiny close mouth pecks and didn't even have his arms around her. I hate her mouth. Ick.  Becca is beautiful. Never really noticed her before. But wow. I liked that she didn't throw herself at him and it earned her the rose. Carly is cute but Chris doesn't seem into her that much. Loved that she won the farm contest. Chris obviously sees something in Whitney. Even with Brit he hasn't shown so much interest in any woman there as he did Whitney. I think he's sort of awkward in social situations. I don't think he's shy, I just think he's kind of quiet and doesn't have that quality that he feels comfortable talking to absolutely anyone and he saw that in Whitney (he kept commenting on how easy it is for her to talk to strangers) and he admires that in Whitney because as his wife she would be able to lead the way for him in social situations and make everyone around them comfortable. I say this because while I'm not exactly shy, I'm an introvert and being around a bunch of strangers is exhausting for me so I like it when my partner is social and outgoing and can take care of social situations for me.

I was horrified by Juellia's story and the fact that she chose to tell Chris at the pool party (or at all!) Felt bad for Chris (and not Juellia) because that had to be so awkward to sit there and listen to that but he handled it very well.  Agree with the person who said she needs to leave the show and go get some therapy. Ashley I annoyed me with her crying. She's  an attractive girl but I would have gotten rid of her. OMG Mckenzie. She is seriously brain damaged. She acts like she's 14 not 21. And she's be sad if she went home? Um what about her son? Doesn't she miss him? She's another one I would get rid of. So sick of her mouth hanging open after she asks Chris a question. And yes she does look like Beevis. Just not cute at all.

Chris reminds me of Juan Pablo in that he starts kissing the girl so he doesn't have to talk to her. When he seems to have nothing to say he just starts making out with her. We haven't learned anything about him, he doesn't start any interesting conversations with the women, he's kind of boring IMO.

Loved Kimmel sobbing in the limo.

• Love 4

Chris seemed so tired through the whole episode. His eyes looked heavy most of the time whether it was him talking alone or with the ladies. I know it takes days or weeks to film an episode but to look tired the whole time was just puzzling. Being a farmer you'd think the long hours would agree with him. Who knows- maybe there was something else going on to make him look that way.

• Love 1

I believed the wedding crash conceit. There was sufficient face blurring, poor camera positioning, and lack of comprehensive footage to believe that this was a legitimate semi-spontaneous moment on the show.

But more interesting to me was the setting itself and how it affects feelings for a romantic interest. The wedding date (preferably without crashing) is one of those amplifying moments in a relationship. The positive energy all around you and the witnessing of someone else realizing their lifelong dream makes you consider it for yourself, and obviously for the person you are with. That effect seemed particularly powerful last night and was interesting to see. I also liked that Whitney's personality strengths offset Chris' personality weaknesses...and that Chris noticed! He may be simple, but he's not dumb.

Nevertheless, I wonder how much of the making out Whitney, Becca, Britt (although she is probably making out with Jillian herself), or any of the other non-producer picks will tolerate. Kaitlyn said she was okay with it all, but Chris was making out with Amber a few hours before bouncing her off the show. That just seems super smarmy, and I don't believe any of these women are legitimately okay with the ease at which Chris opens his mouth (not to speak, of course...no one really wants to hear him speak). I think dim Mackenzie and basket case Ashley I, she of many insecurities, might be the most genuine of all with their backlash to the mouth action. Becca's unwillingness to kiss Chris was refreshing, but again, it seems like this is a ticking time bomb. I now see how the season previews of tears and drama might come about.

• Love 2

Jimmy Kimmel, will you accept this rose? He was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing: doing the "this is the final rose" with Harrison peeking around the wall, "Don't be yourself; be someone who gives better speeches," sobbing in the limo, being the third wheel on the date.

[...]

I thought both of his 1:1 dates were great. I didn't like Kaitlyn and her "jokes" the first night, but she was more appropriately fun tonight. Their date at Costco and dinner party with Jimmy was a blast. Yet, the romance between Chris and Whitney was palpable. The way he was gushing over Whitney when he gave her the rose, it could have been a proposal! Maybe Jimmy was wrong and Chris knows what to say when he really means what he says instead of just giving the lackluster platitudes.

I cringed when we saw Jimmy's preview last week, but I ended up liking his appearance. He started off well with the mockery of "amazing" and poking fun at Chris' verbal inadequacies. The one grammatical ill I wish he had taken on is the tortured use of the multiple singles possessives (I just made up that term). Example: "...so I think that Chris's and my's relationship..." or "...Ashley and I's connection..."

• Love 3

So I missed the entire show except the last four minutes or so. As the camera was panning the crowd at the rose ceremony, I actually said out loud, "Who ARE these people?" The ones I'd recognize at this point are Amber (and now *she's* gone), the Ashleys, Whitney, Britt, Mackenzie, Megan and Kaitlyn ... and the rest, well, yeah, I got nothing. Have not A CLUE who they are.

I thought Jimmy's limo ride of tears was funny.

• Love 3

I am glad Whitney seems to have moved into the lead. Onion Ashley is my favorite, but she has absolutely no chance with Chris, and in any case, her appeal has nothing to do with any type of romance. Britt is the most beautiful, but she loses points because there doesn't seem to be anything behind those beautiful eyes. So that leaves Whitney for me to root for. The only negative about Whitney (and it is not her high pitched voice, which does not bother me at all) is that she appears to be good friends with noted piece of human garbage, Jaclyn Swartz. You may remember Jaclyn from Ben's season and from Bachelor Pad, season 3 I believe. She was the woman who looked like the character Hatchet Face from Cry Baby, only less attractive. And she had a stank attitude to match her unfortunate face. But I will live with it since we all have that one friend who was forged in the depths of hell.

• Love 1

So that leaves Whitney for me to root for. The only negative about Whitney (and it is not her high pitched voice, which does not bother me at all) is that she appears to be good friends with noted piece of human garbage, Jaclyn Swartz.

Maybe not! Those screencaps Reality Steve posted were only 1 week old when he (or whoever) hit Sleep/Wake + Home. Christy Hansen was in one of the photos, which may have been taken at Elan Gale's house. Perhaps Whitney only met them after she'd been cast/inducted into the Bachelor family.

• Love 2

Every now and then I get a good laugh watching this show. I thought it was EPIC when she said "why are you kissing all the other girls?" He just hemmed and hawed and BSed! Instead of saying "that's the premise of the show". I love her for asking him that! Hilarious!

Carly THOSE EYEBROWS. She is so pretty but her eyebrows make her look psycho. Crazy Ashley (The Middle has a crazy Ashley, lol) was very quiet. Looks like her meds were working this week.

• Love 2

What is up with Britt and the constant faux-shocked hand-over-the-mouth thing she kept doing?  If she is an actress, she needs to take a few more lessons, because she sucks.  And why were she and Jillian draped all over each other while Kimmel was talking?

Kimmel was awesome.  As was the fact that the show totally made fun of itself this week.  Kimmel needs to be on this show all the time.

Chris's giggly laugh during the Costco date.... fantastic!!  LOL

• Love 2
What I do think was planned was Chris choosing Kaitlyn for the Jimmy Kimmel date.  I imagine Jimmy selected her because she laughs constantly and Jimmy wouldn't have to worry about his jokes falling into a silent vacuum the way they would have with someone like Mackensie or Ashley Virgin.

Agree- I'm sure she was chosen because she seemed like the most likely to have fun with it and roll with the punches. And she lived up to that.

Carly is cute and is my favorite as someone I'd be friends with, though I also like Whitney and they seem good together. He seems more interested in her than he has been in anyone else so far. I liked her earlier mini whiskey date, too.

The worst/best part of the episode was when the three girls march up to the hot tub with a plan about how they are going to get equal amounts of 1-on-1 time, two minutes each. Then they talk about this plan in front of Chris and Jillian. Then when it doesn't happen exactly how they planned, they get mad at *Jillian*? Isn't it the rule of this show that anyone can steal the lead from anyone else? Instead of trying to manage the situation for everyone else ("Ok, Mackenzie, do you want 1-on-1 time with Chris now?") and treat Chris as a toy they get to decide to take turns with, as someone mentioned earlier, why didn't Ashley I just say, "Hey Chris! Want to walk over here and talk to me for a few minutes?"

Edited by betha
  • Love 2

I am getting to really like Whitney.  I thought she looked beautiful at the winery (daytime). I really liked her outfit.  The voice is definitely less annoying over time.  I also liked last week how she had arranged for the bottle of whiskey or whatever that was.  She seems a lot cooler and together than a lot of the other girls.  Of all the girls so far I could see her fitting into his Farm Life the best, and getting along with his family.  I hope she makes it to a hometown date becuase I would like to see that play out.

I like Britt but for long term I think she is too phony for him.  She wants to be an actress.  In the realm of this show she wants him and wants to win, but take her and Chris outside of the world of the show, if she met him out somewhere else she would not be interested in getting seriously involved with him at all. 

• Love 2

Well, I think Chris is all in with Whitney. The way he talked to her during the ITM was the most expressive I have seen him to date. He doesn't appear to have a way with words, but maybe (like others mentioned above) it's because he has to feel something in order to not speak in Bacheloresque platitudes. Even with early frontrunner Britt, it's been nearly all physical. He seemed really, really smitten with Whitney. I would not be surprised if Whitney gets the first 2nd 1x1 date. We'll see! 

Also, Whitney's voice was MUCH less annoying this time around. 

I want to like Chris so I want to believe this is the reason that he is so inarticulate--he's hampered by sincerity and "has to feel something in order to not speak in Bacheloresque platitudes (otherwise, resorting to them.) The "amazing!" count was funny but they could have added "awesome", too. I wish Jimmy had brought a thesaurus for one of his bits.

Speaking of...I normally am doing some kind of paperwork while watching TB, but last night I got nothing done because I really felt I had to pay attention. I don't watch Kimmel, haven't been aware before that I found him particularly funny, but I was really laughing a lot last night. I thought he really brightened up the show, the send up really worked for me and helped give Chris and his dates some (desperately needed) new energy.  

I loved the Costco date and thought Jimmy really helped when he "showed up for dinner". My first thought when he left was, were I Kaitlyn (name?), I would have blurted out, "Oh, please stay." Because it was fun up to then. Being left with Chris--unless you feel like making out with him which so far...no--just seems so darned boring. I would have begged Jimmy to stay. (I guess this means I wouldn't be getting a rose. Then, inspired by JK, I would have probably felt like joking about not being chosen upon exiting  for the limo--which is probably taboo in Bachelor-land.)  I didn't mind the silly contest although I thought the "winner" should have gotten a rose.

Whitney seems like a nice person--as does the other previously obvious frontrunner, Britt. I'm curious what the womens' interactions will be like if any of them -really- start to feel connected to Chris (and vice versa). He doesn't seem like someone who would be very good at having more than one *real* girlfriend at a time and like he would make it very obvious--very early--who that *real* one would be (i.e. suddenly less kissing with everyone else, more distant, etc.) I'm curious if he'll find the concept of this show a lot more difficult really soon.

• Love 1

Okay, I vote for Jimmy Kimmel to be a permanent part of this franchise. Maybe even the host. Good bye, Chris H. Right away, when he brought in the AMAZING jar, I LOL'd. Finally, someone said on the show what we all say here. Now he just needs to add a LIKE jar and all the orphans in the world could be fed with the proceeds.

Loved the Costco date, even if they had to work really, really hard to make it interesting. I'm sure there is one of those human rolly balls just sitting around for people to jack with. Also loved that the date girl said Chris laughed like a girl. She had a great laugh; Chris, not so much. I'd work hard to never say anything funny because if I had to listen to that stupid laugh of his, I might go all postal on him, especially during a long, cold Iowa winter when I have cabin fever anyway.

I liked the hoe down competition. Well done, Kimmel. When the eventual winner was trying to get into the pig pen, I said "Climb over!" to my tv. Then Jillian came flying over the top of the gate. How cool was that? Loved that the boat singer won the competition, she is so not in Chris's vision to "win" this. But that was totally rude of him to not give her the date rose, especially since she got one later. Dumb move, Soules.

I laugh at people getting grossed out drinking goat milk. It tastes just like ... milk. What's the big deal. Although warm milk is no joy, it's as appetizing as drinking hot water from your kitchen tap. But what was up with the one chick saying it was "salty, warm, and protein?" She could have just come out and said what she meant since I sure caught her drift. No guy will date her after she expressed her displeasure about ... THAT.

I was so disappointed when the *ding* didn't go off for AMAZING on the night group date. Then they started and I laughed and laughed at each one. The sound editor just missed the very first. Brilliant idea. I have never laughed during TB, but I sure did last night. Kimmel, you were the BEST.

Wedding crashing? Yeah, right. With a full camera crew in tow. Way to sneak in under the radar.

Add Whitney's nose baby voice to Chris's girly laugh ... they make the perfect couple.

Why do they keep black boxing Jillian's ass? Is she the "hairy" one?

When Chris and the b-ette jumped on the bed together ... the heck, she was wearing hooker sl*t strut heels. With a bikini? Yikes. And I swear I saw some boobage action.

Chris is going to take the kissing-est TB ever title away from Flapjack. I think he already has.

• Love 3

The worst/best part of the episode was when the three girls march up to the hot tub with a plan about how they are going to get equal amounts of 1-on-1 time, two minutes each. Then they talk about this plan in front of Chris and Jillian. Then when it doesn't happen exactly how they planned, they get mad at *Jillian*? Isn't it the rule of this show that anyone can steal the lead from anyone else? Instead of trying to manage the situation for everyone else ("Ok, Mackenzie, do you want 1-on-1 time with Chris now?") and treat Chris as a toy they get to decide to take turns with, as someone mentioned earlier, why didn't Ashley I just say, "Hey Chris! Want to walk over here and talk to me for a few minutes?"

It's just so painfully obvious how YOUNG Mackenzie and Virgin Ashley are! (I don't know about that third girl. I think she's just stupid. Wasn't she one who was ramming her head into the wall last week? Even if she isn't, it says a lot that the other two are her BFFs.) Granted, the girls he sent home I don't think I've seen him speak to on camera. But you'd think that NO interaction would be preferable to the impression these YOUNG--way, way too young emotionally--girls are giving off. I said this last week that it's making me think less of Chris by keeping them, but now I'm reaching the point that I'm getting angry at the show for it. I'm losing faith in the journey over here!! You want to see a successful intrusion on a 1:1 hot tub, see Jimmy Kimmel eating his chicken wings while Chris and Kaitlyn were making out in the hot tub. Instead of passive aggressively hinting about Jillian leaving, just hop on in the damn hot tub and start talking to him!!

• Love 1

Ugh. All I remember from this episode was too much lipstick! Disgusting.

That Juellia! What a fun gal to bring to the party. I can just see her mind spinning: Oh, no! No cocktail party tonight, I might be going home without telling Chris the horrible story of my husband's suicide, which got me cast on the show! Must hurry and grab cameraman now!

You know she's a goner next week, only because her sob story gained her immunity this week.

Whitney must seem like one of Chris' sisters or a classy wife of a friend of his to make him swoon over her so much.  I think the combination of her maturity, and their attendance at the wedding, where her civilized behavior and good manners showed off well, put Whitney on a pedestal for him. I think he thought, hey, this could be my life, having a classy woman (not a Kardashion-ho) on my arm. Kind of like George Clooney realizing that being with Amal Alamuddin made him seem like a smarter guy.  Although I for one am not over Whitney's voice.

I thought Kimmel was hilarious. We are always ragging at the Bachelor because the dates are so unreal; so Jimmy sent them to Costco and made them shop for supplies and dinner.  The look on what's her face's face (I still can only connect one or two names to faces, yeah, Britt and Whitney, the rest are all generics) when she realized they had to get out of the car at Costco was priceless.  I thought Kimmel was a good, one time gag, much better than seeing Sean and Catherine appear again, which is probably most likely still going to happen.

• Love 5

Hi everyone...TWOP refugee and long time lurker here.  Love reading everyone's comments!

Whitney:  her voice got less annoying as the date progressed, but it was SUPER annoying when they first sat down...I'm thinking maybe she turns on that high pitched baby voice when she gets nervous because one she settled in a bit it wasn't nearly as grating and I could actually appreciate other things about her.

Juelia:  I agree with the OP above who said that she secured her place for another week with that sad story.  However, as she's sobbing in to the chest of a man she barely knows, its evident that this girl is in no way ready for a relationship...with anyone.  He was sensitive to her feelings but I'm guessing he was a little freaked out.

The lighting must be fluorescent or something because I can't believe ONE of those girls would choose that terrible fuschia lipstick, much less several of them.  That color looks good on no one.

I wasn't sure who the blonde girl in the back row was last night...I think someone said her name was Trina?  I don't recall seeing her before but she looked old.  1980 called and wants their permed ponytail back.

Lastly, I hope Mackenzie is abducted by aliens. 

• Love 6

This is right on. She is the only one who could've hung with that date, even though she has a severe case of "Just One of The Guys" and I don't mean the awesome 80s movie.

When she said she dated a farmer, I thought: Pot farmer. Also what was with her all white crop top outfit with plaid shirt?

I liked when ShortHairedWidow made the comment about Jillian's "child size shorts". Other Widow, I felt bad that she had to have that conversation while they were both in bathing suits and I was very grateful that they just hugged at the end.

Ashley is really annoying and needs to go.

Who is Samantha seriously? 

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 1

Hey, where was Onion Ashley last night? Last two weeks she's gotten prime time appearances. Last night, not one peep out of her. Maybe knowing Kimmel would skewer her made her shut up, or else wait for another week if she is indeed a producer plant.

When Ashley Bellybutton was crying/laughing to Chris about how others were not giving her time with HIM and being MEAN to HER, all I could think was, men do not like to hear about or be dragged into woman problems. They want to hear about how great they are, or hey, let's go play football. Or kiss. Or something. Anything but wah, wah, another girl was mean to me. Her days are numbered.

As are widow woman's. Tragic, yes, her husband's suicide, but sobbing about it on national tv and expecting to be the next B-ette (because it worked for Emily): Just no. Just like Chris says he's a "grown-ass man," I think he'd want a "grown-ass woman." Way to bring down the fun times, whatever your name is.

And that hot tub thing ... what happened to every woman just "stealing" Chris? That happens at every rose ceremony cocktail thing, the same technique doesn't work in a hot tub? Please.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Kaitlyn seemed to be trying way too hard to me and forcing it.  I know she's the "jokster" but she just had to point out her use of red lipstick, smeared all over Chris.  Obvious and deliberate. And I don't believe she dated a farmer before, she fumbled her words way too much.  A guy who had "lots of animals" and got up at 6am to milk cows?  Dairy cows need to be milked twice a day and usually earlier than 6am.  I think she lied.  And yeah, I'm nitpicking because I do NOT like her.

In Kaitlyn's defense (which is so unlike me to defend any of these women) I live in the area she grew up in...her original hometown...and basically everyone is a farmer here so it might be true. But that also means I know people who know her and there are plenty of other things in her bio that are not true...so who knows?

• Love 1

I wouldn't have worn sky high stilettos either.  High heels at a pool party?  COME ON!  Full face of makeup?  Both of those girls should have been out just for that.

Jeulia (or whatever) should not be on this show if this is still so raw.  Yep, you are the one anyone will pick.

People, I am so bored.  I DVR it and then fast forward so it takes me 45 minutes for the whole two hours.  Anyone know if Celebrity Apprentice is beating this in the ratings?

Edited by jumper sage

Chris is a typical Iowa farm/rural town boy.  My cousins are from the same area and I lived there for quite a few years.  The guys are vanilla.  There is nothing to do.  I thought the Costco date was incredibly realistic, even now, I live 2 hours from a Costco so my husband I make a "date" of it complete with dinner somewhere nice afterward.  Chris communicates just like my cousins, which is very little and they wonder why they are single.

I think Chris is overwhelmed but I also think he's fairly introverted unless he's on the farm.  He was completely taken with Whitney and I think he respects her.  He also seems to just like making out with all the girls because he knows this is his only shot for that kind of attention.

Bringing in Jimmy was brilliant, I also thought the amazing jar was amazing!  Jimmy really livened things up and helped bring Chris out of his shell a bit which was much needed.  I still feel like we don't know anything about him beyond the fact he's a rich farmer.  Does the guy have any other interests?  Sports, beer, etc.?

• Love 1