Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

Jimmy Kimmel guest hosts and helps Chris narrow down his options from the 18 remaining women. Also: Chris and a wisecracking bachelorette throw Kimmel a dinner party; some ladies take part in a farm-themed rely race; and Chris and a date crash a wedding.

Edited by OnceSane

I'm actually liking Kimmel.  He's providing some badly needed irreverence to this self-serious show.

If it weren't for the fact that Kimmel's late night show shoots 5 days a week in New York, I'd totally want him to host this show.

Also, Jillian's ass. Wear some longer shorts for crying out loud! If this were a country where censorship goes out the window after a certain time, maybe. But primetime... Eww.

• Love 3

I'm not a fan of comedians, so Jimmy Kimmel's inclusion was irritating for me.  That whole constant laughing thing was annoying.

Kaitlyn seemed to be trying way too hard to me and forcing it.  I know she's the "jokster" but she just had to point out her use of red lipstick, smeared all over Chris.  Obvious and deliberate. And I don't believe she dated a farmer before, she fumbled her words way too much.  A guy who had "lots of animals" and got up at 6am to milk cows?  Dairy cows need to be milked twice a day and usually earlier than 6am.  I think she lied.  And yeah, I'm nitpicking because I do NOT like her.

SOOOO ironic that Jillian wore the "Stay Classy" shirt and keeps getting her ass black-boxed.  Hilarious.

Mackenzie is such a child.  Chris has to explain why he's kissing other girls.  I think she repeated 4th grade 8 times.  Bless her heart.

Becca is so pretty and graceful.  I thought her conversation with Chris was sweet.

• Love 7

Oh yes, I'm so sure that Whitney, Chris and their whole camera crew is truly sneaking into a random wedding. Yep, no one had any idea or signed any sort of release for this footage that's currently being broadcast on network TV. Sure.

• Love 16

Whitney's voice gets a little less annoying as you listen to it.  She was pretty cool at that wedding.  At least she resisted the temptation to go full-Mackenzie & brag about how many times Chris kissed her. 

• Love 2

Juelia, why are you making it a mission to tell everyone about your personal tragedy? It just seems terribly inappropriate to throw that story at other people, especially on camera and in a party atmosphere.

Is there a personal assistant wiping down and/or sanitizing Chris' lips between makeouts?

• Love 11

The whole wedding thing was staged. When the girl was telling Chris about her husband's suicide and then said he really cared what she had to say....I'm sure he did but seriously he doesn't even know her and they are on camera. Of course he is going to be all ears. And her sobbing in his arms. Regardless of how sad her story is, most men don't take well to women they barely know telling them such tragic things and breaking down. These girls saying they are there because Chris is such a sincere, nice guy. Come one. They don't even know him. Even if he was on the show before. Assuming the is real which I doubt it is.

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 5

Gee, crazy Onion Ashley didn't appear tonight to be crazy...or drunk...or drugged....I wonder why....

Because it's an act.  And she wasn't actually scheduled to appear this week.  She's doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4

I loved McKenzie asking him why he was kissing so many girls and his non-answer. He really does take the approach of when in doubt...kiss.

I feel like Chris was over the top about Whitney. She seems nice and yes, she can think on her toes and is good with people. But he kept overly gushing. I did not get what the big deal was. It didn't really show them "connecting" very much, but I could tell her really liked her. But I just couldn't tell WHY. I do like that she is closer to his age and has an established career though and seems mature. I also like that she didn't share too many details about the date.

I was also confused why the others had Kimmel infused date but she didn't. Did they say something about why and I missed it? I think it would have been better if Kimmel forced them to crash the date but it sounds like it was Whitney's "idea". Well obviously it was the producer's idea, but they presented it like it was Whitney's.

Tired of the black bar over Jillian's butt. Is her butt really always hanging out? Or is it just a hijink that they are going to keep doing over and over? I feel like I saw more of other girls' butts.

Kaitlyn is fun. Her humor was too crude for me at the first rose ceremony but she is growing on me.

Juelia needs to stop sharing such personal things on television. Yikes! You need therapy and family and close friends who actually know you. Not a stranger you just met. It made me super uncomfortable. Very one sided intimacy.

Oh man Ashley I crying! It's funny to hear them talk about Chris like he's a toy. "Okay you had your turn. Now it's mine"

I am soooooo glad Ashley S. got a rose. I was really sad they didn't feature her at all this episode. She reminds me of my friend (who acts like that sober) and she made me laugh.

• Love 5

Everyone including people I know talk about how cute he is. Am I strange that I don't find him attractive at all? His eyes don't have much expression and he just seems like a vacant Ken doll.

You're not alone- there's something about the hooded eyes and the lack of lips that creeps me out a bit.  But I also agree with whoever said that Britt looks like a Bratz doll, so I must be strange too. 

I didn't mind most of that episode though- I'm not usually a Kimmel fan, but it's good to see the show sending itself up.  If they'd really crashed the wedding I would have been pretty horrified, but it wasn't the worst date I've seen on the show.  I absolutely loved the Costco date- Chris seemed pretty pouty about it, but you'd certainly get to know each other more quickly fighting your way through a Costco than you would bungee jumping. 

• Love 4

I have to admit that I find Chris S. a great listener and very patient with the women.

I find him completely overwhelmed by the whole experience and has absolutely nothing to say. We haven't learned anything about him, he has a vocabulary of 3 adjectives and goes in for a kiss once he's exhausted those. He's even more boring than Sean, increasingly unattractive and I think this lot of women might be wasted on him.

Reading that back, I probably shouldn't watch this show sober.The only way to enjoy this, even ironically, is with a bottle handy. This is what happens when I give up weekday drinking, y'all.

• Love 19

Did I seriously hear Virgin Ashley mention the Kardashians as some sort of fashion goal again this week? She and Mackenzie need to quit this party and go hang out with some high school boys at the mall. Though I doubt the rat's nest that Mackenzie was sporting this week would pass muster with the official Kardashian fashion rules.

Also, how is everyone wearing the same laughably ugly fuchsia lipstick? Were they given out as a gag gift on the first night? Did Chris somehow indicate that he likes that hideous color? Does this season's stylist hate these women? Ladies, please - no one looks good in that color. No one. Ditto with the Lorenzo Lamas spray tan, farmer dude. You aren't fooling anyone, especially since you live in a part of the country that's -40 degrees for a big part of the year. It's like that episode of Friends when Ross got sprayed ten times too many.

Edited by Stella MD
  • Love 3

Tired of the black bar over Jillian's butt. Is her butt really always hanging out? Or is it just a hijink that they are going to keep doing over and over? I feel like I saw more of other girls' butts.

I think I caught a glimpse of her butt during the pool party which they missed black barring it and it definitely didn't appear to be worse than any of the other suits, so I'm going with producer hi-jink...

• Love 4

I'm not going to lie, fantasy date at Costco on someone else's dime........ Sign me up!!!!

We're buying huge cuts of meat with 20 pound bags of veggies and a dozen baguettes, buckets of cream puffs for dessert, radial tires, a water heater, cutlery and Kirkland velour sweats for the entire house.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 22

Kimmel made this show tonight. The ending when he was sobbing in the limo about only having 4 days with him? AMAZING.

Kardashian and black box butt need to go away.

And Juelia's story, weird. I counted 34 'like's in that conversation. And who leaves a suicidal man alone overnight with a gun?

Not sure who went home. Herd needs to be culled quicker.

• Love 10

I think Ashley I is one of the prettiest but I feel she is an actress also (especially with the fake lashes and perfect teeth) or they just like to find very insecure pretty women.

Sadly, she's got the Kardashian obsession that just overshadows her real attributes.  And she keeps talking about them.   When they show the ladies in the morning, in their jammies, she looks SO much prettier than with all that makeup.  Those fake spider eyelashes look like they're ready to crawl off her face.

And Juelia's story, weird. I counted 34 'like's in that conversation. And who leaves a suicidal man alone overnight with a gun?

It was really strange. When she started talking about how badly he scared her, I thought she might have meant he threatened her or the baby with the gun and so she ran.
  • Love 1

If I wanted to watch Kimmel, I would.  I don't.  He's not that funny.    Damn, Chris H. is such a pro.    He knows just how much dry humor to interject, and keeps the proceedings moving without being a big attention whore.

Juelia, I am sorry your name is spelled dumb.   I am sorry you have no neck.   I am sorry you could only afford a Raquel Welch topper to clip on your head.    But I will not punch your sympathy card.    Go home, and get professional help.     Manipulative crap, crude, and desperate.    I don't like Chris much, but what an awkward position you put him in.   Ick.

Carly, you are a trooper, and resemble a young Linda Mc Cartney.  But honey, that ensemble you borrowed from your granny from her circa 1985 Miami bingo hall days made you look positively elderly next to Becca and her Kate Upton face and sexy little white dress.    Also in bingo hall attire, G'ma Trina, who apparently was sent off to a nursing home.

Kailen (?) and her Elvis mouth are like nails on a chalkboard.   Sick of her funny girl routine and stupid mouth.  The whole schtick with Kimmel made me want to punch both of them with Mike Tyson's fist-Him for being a jackass, and her for keeping up with his jackassery.  No, you're not cool, you're one of the guys.  You're crude and that laugh makes me want to have you debarked .    All those dry little bird pecks between her and Chris were devoid of any attraction.   She was more into Kimmel's ugly ass.

Nothing to say about the one who wants to be a Kardashian, other than I wished she had fallen from the roof while she was unhinging her jaw to eat Chris' face.  

Chris does have a pot. 

• Love 6

I find him completely overwhelmed by the whole experience and has absolutely nothing to say. We haven't learned anything about him, he has a vocabulary of 3 adjectives and goes in for a kiss once he's exhausted those. He's even more boring than Sean, increasingly unattractive and I think this lot of women might be wasted on him.

THIS. He's becoming more and more boring each week. I was really looking forward to this season because he seemed to show some gumption/fire during Andi's season, but he has just deflated. It was evident during his talk with Ashley I. that he kisses when he has nothing else to say. Becca exemplified class and really getting to know someone in a date-like setting. Such a stark contrast.

And other than the "I'm a farmer angle," he just seems very boring. Can we not learn anything about college, the decision to enter the family business, or even a hobby? And his tittering drove me bonkers.

• Love 6

Jimmy Kimmel, will you accept this rose? He was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing: doing the "this is the final rose" with Harrison peeking around the wall, "Don't be yourself; be someone who gives better speeches," sobbing in the limo, being the third wheel on the date.

I really loved this episode. Everything was so amazing ($1)...up until the pool party from hell, where it all fell apart. So much drama and tears and craziness. I'm still not understanding how the hell half these girls are still here, namely, Mackenzie, both Ashleys, and Jillian. I can't believe Mackenzie questioned him kissing the other girls, and then acted all weird in the hot tub. But not as crazy as virgin Ashley who I thought for sure was going to kiss herself and Chris right off the roof! Crazy Ashley wasn't rambling tonight, but she did have a few cases of crazy eyes, such as when he offered whatsherface the rose on the group date. And Jillian is just manly and yucky. I also don't think Juelia did herself any favors, yet we all know the #1 rule of Bachelor is no one ever gets sent home on the date in which they reveal their sob story, so she at least saved herself last night.

I thought both of his 1:1 dates were great. I didn't like Kaitlyn and her "jokes" the first night, but she was more appropriately fun tonight. Their date at Costco and dinner party with Jimmy was a blast. Yet, the romance between Chris and Whitney was palpable. The way he was gushing over Whitney when he gave her the rose, it could have been a proposal! Maybe Jimmy was wrong and Chris knows what to say when he really means what he says instead of just giving the lackluster platitudes.

• Love 9

Not a Jillian fan, but, as I mentioned previously, we're from the same hometown and she mentioned a local bar/restaurant (Up the Creek). So that was kind of cool.

I hadn't noticed until she didn't get a rose how much Trina looks like Elisabeth Hasselback.

• Love 1

I think Chris clams up when he s not interested in the girl. He seemed much more engaging in other circumstances. So whether it's because he just doesn't care or his mind goes blank, who knows. He just goes for plan B, kissy poo.

Whitney voice wasn't as annoying this episode and I really like her.

Ashley I- you are dead to me with your stupid Kardashian fixation. I'm guessing she wants to be as desperate for fame as those untalented ....sorry excuses for female race.

• Love 3

This ep wasn't as stupid as last week, until it got to Ashley I, Meghan and Mackenzie crashing Jillian's hot tub party of two...Jillian steamrolled the three with their too-polite wallflower demeanors there. I'd love all four of them to leave asap. However, I did chuckle when they were pouting in the driveway waiting to oust Jillian (again):

Meghan: "do I look cracky?" [referring to her makeup, not drug ingestion]

Mackenzie: you mean "like a crack whore?"

Some of the women didn't even look familiar to me, so I couldn't recall their names. I liked what they showed of Carly and since I liked her brother Zak on his season, I liked her a smidge more.

Jillian and Britt were very close and hanging on each other in many of the shots. Very friendly. Very.

Amber saying she doesn't like warm and salty in her mouth. My mind went there...

No need for Juelia to get so detailed about her husband's suicide at this point, and in the midst of the fun pool party...notice no one interrupted as usual, production has to wring every ounce of drama out of the sad situation.

• Love 7

Jimmy Kimmel made this show 1000000 better.

Chris is soooo slimmy. Yuck! 

Date at Costco? Yes please! Kaitlyn just secured herself a Fantasy Suite invite with her DTF answer. 

Rolling my eyes at the "wedding crashing". But yeah, he is totally all about Whitney.

• Love 3

Can Jimmy give Kaitlyn the final rose so we can call it a day? They had as much chemistry as Kaitlyn had with Chris on their one-on-one date.

I know Jimmy's married, but their relationship will last as long as the so-called legitimate final Bachelor/Bachelorette couples.

It was really strange. When she started talking about how badly he scared her, I thought she might have meant he threatened her or the baby with the gun and so she ran.

Didn't she say the baby was 7 weeks old? Or was it 7 months? I know it is weird to leave a suicidal man with a gun, but honestly, at 7 weeks, I was still exhausted and hormonal. I might have run off with my baby too and just worried about us. At 7 months, I think I would have been able to think it through and send someone to be with him and help. I can't imagine how horrible the entire situation must have been. I don't know why she felt the need to fill Chris in on this right now. In the real world, you don't usually break this kind of news until you know and trust someone. On this show, I'm surprised someone hasn't stepped out of the limo, shook the bachelor's hand and dropped the bomb right then and there. Maybe next season. 

• Love 3

Multiple shots of Trina with the odd coloring and wrinkles at the rose ceremony gave me flashbacks of Zelena (when she was green with envy) on Once Upon a Time ages ago. Trina looked even older than the older we thought about her last week!

• Love 1

I thought Juelia said her baby was 7 weeks old. If so, I can only imagine how overwhelming it might have been to have an infant, tons of her own hormonal changes and a suddenly suicidal husband, but that doesn't mean it was time to share that story. Chris looked trapped.

How come Jillian's butt got blackboxed, but we we shown pretty much all-but-nip of Jade's boob?

• Love 2

I really didn't like Jimmy Kimmel on the show. Also getting tired of all the stereotyping "farm" activities. I started switching over to Celebrity Apprentice, and then I missed what it was that made him so enthused about Whitney. I do think her voice is less annoying as time goes on. I saw that they were going to "crash" the wedding, then when I switched back they were dancing and he was getting her the rose. Agree with all the comments that the black box over the butt is

annoying-- surely her bikini isn't that much more revealing than all of the other bikinis.

• Love 1

I heard that same Matt White song playing during Andi's season I believe. Weird. I'm not familiar with the artist but tonight (and last season) I looked it up after the show bc I kind of liked the song. Is he an 'official' singer/song writer for the show????

All of the dates seemed really, really long; especially the pool party. I think Chris is cute but he seems either overwhelmed, not that intelligent/articulate or all of the above. He should have got rid of McKenzie and Kardashian lite, why is he still keeping so many girls. Both Jillian and Costco date girl (forgot her name already). seems mannish and not really into Chris. 

Juelia's story was very long and much too private to share on TV and at a pool party. And what was with the headbands and bling at the pool? Ashley with eyelashes is way too high maintenance for Chris. And yes, that wedding date was planned.

I felt sorry for Carly when she won the farming contest and didn't get a rose. She reminds me a lot of Emily Kinney from the Walking Dead. Jimmy Kimmel is funny  but I don't think he really worked here. It was just OK.

• Love 3

When Juelia was telling her troubling story, I kept thinking, "If they pull the camera back and show that Jimmy Kimmel is sitting next to them, eating popcorn, I think I'll turn this show off for good!".  Glad they didn't go there.  I felt bad for her and her daughter, though,  That sounded like a harrowing experience.  As for her leaving her suicidal husband alone with a gun, I think she did the right thing.  In that case, her first duty is to protect her baby and herself.

I enjoyed all of Jimmy's appearances on the show tonight, especially during the Costco date.  That was a really good idea for a date, and it turned out well.  What was with all the ketchup, though?  I kept waiting for the pay-off on that one, and we never got one.

During the farm competition, all the ladies ran over to the corn shucking station, and someone immediately said, "Oh, this is hard!"  Whoever said that should have been eliminated from the show right away.  Hard?!?  My sister and I used to shuck corn from our grandparents' garden at about age 4.

I can't remember the name of the macho girl with the inability to wear pants "correctly", but someone on the staff should really step in and find her something that fits right.  She's just kind of sad.  Then again, Chris doesn't seem to place too much emphasis on brains with this group.

• Love 5

Oh, that wedding crashing was completely set up!

Drinking wine,Talking about how she likes meeting and striking up friendships with strangers.

Oh, look,There's a wedding!

Let's go dress up in evening clothes and go back after dark, first stopping to get and wrap a gift, and really? A ring so we can say we're engaged? If people would recognize Chris from the show, wouldn't they know that they would not be able to announce an engagement before the show finished airing? And are we to believe that all that footage of them dancing was taken inconspiculously, when there were no other dancing couples between them and the camera?

Yes, they are a cute couple, but the whole thing was so fake.

• Love 2