Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: Fashion Week: Who's In & Who's Out

• Start Topic

Can someone please explain the appeal of Sean's design to me?  I admittedly do not know a lot of technical details about fashion so I am confused about why everyone was gushing over it.  The cuts of the garment were unique but the fabric choice seemed cheap looking.

And I have to say this...Sean's voice is sooooo monotone.  It drives me nuts.  But hey, I do think he's talented.

Very, very glad for Kini!  I loved his trench but the skirt was too frou-frou.

Loved Amanda's maxi dress and I never like anything Amanda does.

I do think Char's skirt was too busy, but I loved the pink with the black-and-white tribal -- it was a cool visual combination.

Overall, pleased.  Korina sure looked like an ass even more, too.

• Love 5

I agree about Sean's shirt.  It looked like a camp shirt with cut outs.  

I don't know why all of the judges and Tim have to keep up the ridiculous idea that these designers (and their designs) are the best ever.  Are they trying to convince us or themselves that Project Runway is still cutting edge?

Edited by Phebemarie
  • Love 20

It was fun to see them happier and lighter with K. gone. 

Good Sport awards to both Char and Emily this week. Char was a champ about Korina. Emily was the definition of class and generosity of spirit when she lost. She was a sweetheart to all the others, and I admire her so much for it.

I didn't love anything, but what the hey, that's just me. Onward to the runway, at last.

• Love 24

Those judges are on crack!  They way they fawned over that ginormous schmatte of Amanda's blew my mind!  I knew they would vote against Emily.  I did love Sean's white dress, although the sleeves were kind of awful.

And I thought it was hilarious that Nina was complaining about the makeup.  Way to torpedo the sponsor!

Edited by magpye29
  • Love 5

I am disappointed that they kept Char in.  If they really have "less than a month" as Sean said, yikes!  What makes them think Char can make ten looks in fewer than 3 days per look, and have them look finished and polished.

Char seems like a lovely person, but she does not belong in the final four, IMO.

Regarding Amanda's, I was with Zac:  I shouldn't like this but I do.

Nina torpedoed the accessories, too, hee.

Edited by backgroundnoise
  • Love 12

Fan Favorite... KINI! :) Honestly, I wouldn't mind if he was the only one going to Fashion Week. He's the only one who's collection I look forward to seeing. I like Char as a person, but I really thought she'd be done after tonight.

• Love 15

I'm so happy that Kini made it through!  I think it will come down to him and Amanda.

Sean's white outfit was so odd.  It was part cult member, part line cook. The cut outs on the shirt were ok, but that was about it. I think he's nice but overrated.

Char has to feel vindicated.  I think she's more talented and has tons more grace than Korina.  It can't be said enough that Korina is an asshole.

• Love 20

I also didn't get Sean's dress.  I'm thinking it maybe something that really popped when you saw it in person.  Didn't like the pink outfit, though, if he kept off the fringe it may have been better. Boring, but better.  Glad he made it to fashion week.

Loved Kini's coat.  I know he had done something like it before, but I don't care.  That thing was great!  I hope he takes the whole thing.

Liked Amanda's dress.  She has really grown on my throughout the season, both her personality and her clothes.

I like Char, but how she was kept on is a mystery to me. That pink and blue outfit was hideous!  I think both her and Emily should have gone home. 

I'm glad the Korinna thing was short.  It was interesting that all the remaining designers seemed to feel so much lighter in spirit with her gone.  Although sometimes I blame editing for how people are portrayed,  this time it seemed the editors didn't have to do much to make her the villian.

• Love 6

That was...all kinda okay.  I would have loved to have given Emily a slot - maybe given her an opportunity as well in a face off against Char for the 4th slot at Fashion Week.  I really liked her designs the entire season more than Char's.  I'd bet that Emily gets a boost in her career due to the show, I certainly hope so anyway.  She's been definitely one of the most gracious competitors they've had on here in a long while. 

Oddly enough I certainly don't blame Korina in a way for not wanting to participate.  She was raw, and probably wouldn't have been much help.  Orange Josh from the All-Stars season 2 had just been eliminated and when he was picked to help for the final three he pleaded his feelings as well.  

I'm glad the Korinna thing was short.  It was interesting that all the remaining designers seemed to feel so much lighter in spirit with her gone.  Although sometimes I blame editing for how people are portrayed,  this time it seemed the editors didn't have to do much to make her the villian.

I do agree with this.  Don't want to belabor the point because that's last episode - but it does make me wonder a bit what else has been going on.  Guess we'll never know.

I adore what Kini did with that red dress, it was gorgeous!  I so like him, he's such a sunny even keeled person.

At this point - well I don't think Char will take it but I really don't have any particular fave going into the win here.             

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 6

Kini's revamp look - wow! That was gorgeous. I liked Amanda's street look too. Add me to the confused about Sean's look list. It looked like the muslin they use to pattern, only shiny. I like him so I'm not griping that he's through to Fashion Week, but I didn't get it.

• Love 5

I really can't figure out why they keep trying to make Char happen. I like her very much, but her designs range from pedestrian to tacky. On the other hand, I kind of loved Emily's hoodie. I didn't like the outfit underneath as much, but at least it was different. Emily's aufing was apparent from the beginning of the episode, though.

The rest of the designs were meh. I don't have much hope that the fashion week collections will be that great.

I was pleasantly surprised that the Korina drama was kept to a minimum.

• Love 11

If Alexander is going to roll his eyes in his talking head that Char of all people was telling him how to sew, he should have damn well made sure he sewed well!  He seemed to have primary responsibility for sewing the black dress and it puckered and poached in the front.  I guess Char should have monitored your sewing quality even more closely!

The praise for Sean's look puzzled me exceedingly.  I thought it was ok, but not the second coming of fashion.

Nobody paid a lot of attention to the remake look, but Amanda should be ashamed of her Tarzan and Jane outfit.  That had Halloween costume written all over it.

I'm glad Char didn't get stuck with sour puss Korina.  Didn't her aufing happen a couple of days before she was brought back to help?  Did she spend every sleepless minute during those few days stewing and steaming over the travesty that had befallen her?  Get over yourself already!

• Love 4

Call me crazy, but I liked BOTH of Amanda's looks, even the Fade re-design.  I liked that she used his lines as a base print for the the leather.  Maybe it was hostess-y, I don't care, I liked it.  That maxi was GREAT.

Did Emily's print have the face on it, or did she create that?  I thought that was interesting.  And yes, she was the epitome of how to lose gracefully.

I thought it was bullshit the 5 looks that they made them choose from-were those the designers willing to come back and help?  (Obviously not Korina).  Why didn't they have the final 5 pick from all of the losing looks?  Poor Sean.  Sandiya was so cute that she thought he picked her design, but at least she laughed when he told her it was the last one left.

Isn't it amazing how much better all of the designer's clothes look when Heidi puts them on?  

• Love 8

I honestly didn't hate Amanda's look, but it looked like loungewear from 30-40 years ago....for Andre Leon Talley or Mrs. Roper. 

Whether Korina got paired with Char by chance or manipulation, under the circumstances it was like rubbing her nose in it.   I think Korina was reacting honestly.  She looked like a raw nerve struggling to hold it together. It was better that she left.  

I can see Char having a future as a neighborhood dressmaker only.  Even Anya with her lack of sewing skill produced better designs.  I have no idea what is going on this season but the whole Char situation is really weird.  To have her remaining as an official finalist for fashion week is just bizarre. 

Did anyone else think that Sean's face was saying something different than his mouth when he was listening to Char while they were eating in the beginning of the episode?  I think he understood exactly where Korina was coming from, particularly after his experience when he was teamed with Char and had to go beyond giving just a few tips while she was struggling through her construction. 

• Love 8

No one has really blown me away this season. I didn't like bringing back a past designer. I didn't like the Tim Gunn save. I can't remember Tim saying 'make it work'. This season was just so off to me. Something was missing, can't put my finger on it. Oh, and the judging sucked too. They drove me crazy.

I wish Kini good luck. Out of the four he was the best.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 14

Korina got a bad edit - because that's how she chose to portray herself.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 8

WHOA. Why wasn't Alexander Fan Favorite? Disappointing, and yet he ended up being Char's assistant. I laughed out loud when Tim brought him in as Korina's replacement.

I don't like Korina, but I didn't have a problem with what she told Tim this evening. It was shitty of producers to have ex-contestants' losing looks up for a re-purposing challenge and then bring back those losing designers. Way to rub more salt into their wounds.

Kini: I didn't like the skirt. It was too bulge-y for that coat. Actually, I didn't care much for the coat or the shirt either. Less would have been more in that look. However, I really loved his red dress. The judges called that one correctly.

Sean: I didn't like either outfit. I've seen cutouts before and they don't impress me. That white outfit. It bowed out just below the hips, which isn't flattering. I'm not a fan of head-to-toe white. Besides, that outfit looked like something you'd buy at the mall. The pink fringe atrocity? Just. NO. Not even as a joke.

I really want to like Sean, but I get the sense that he thinks he's cleverer and more talented than he actually is, which is a familiar theme among most of the designers from this season.

Amanda: I don't care for Amanda's aesthetic, but at least she stays true to it. I wouldn't be caught dead in that street look dress. It looked like something a pregnant yuppie mom who thinks she's Bohemian would wear. I didn't mind her re-purpose of Fade's dress. Maybe if she had more time to adjust it. I liked that she used black leather.

Emily: I like Emily. What a class act when she was eliminated! That's how you exit a competition. She was genuinely happy for the others. I hope she finds great success off the show.

I almost wish she'd design clothes that look like those she wears. I like her aesthetic, even though I can't pull it off. I'm jealous of those who can. :) I didn't mind the coat/cardigan/hoodie. I'd probably wear it because it gets super cold here in the winter. I actually liked the entire outfit. I thought it seemed closest to what I'd consider a street look. I might have liked it a little better, like Shay said, if it had been in black. I thought Emily's Samantha dress was all right. Again, another mall look, and she knew it. Plus it wasn't her aesthetic.

Char: I like her. I think she has interesting ideas and can't always execute them well. She sticks to her aesthetic as well. I completely agreed with Tim and the others: that pocket on the bow skirt was a horrible idea. I think Char should not have been so stubborn to keep it on. I liked the black/white patterned top. The re-purposed Korina dress would have been great if that bunching hadn't been there. Based on her output this evening, I would not have sent her through. Also "Fan Favorite and Sewing Extraordinaire" Alexander was of little help to Char.

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't take Emily over her. Or they should have cut both of them. I felt kind of bad that Emily was the only one who didn't go through. I had expected a double elimination.

In general, I'm just not that wow'ed by these designers. If I had to pick a winner, I'd still go with Kini.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 6

I'm glad Char didn't get stuck with sour puss Korina.  Didn't her aufing happen a couple of days before she was brought back to help?  Did she spend every sleepless minute during those few days stewing and steaming over the travesty that had befallen her?  Get over yourself already!I

I think Korina's aufing was more a matter of hours before this competition...like the night before.

• Love 5

I felt Char should've been the one eliminated.  Her street look was really bad.  Really bad.  I forgive all of them for not having a great redo.  They wanted to focus on their street look and were suddenly burdened by a totally different challenge at the same time.  I'd love to have Kini's jacket.  

• Love 5

I think Korina's aufing was more a matter of hours before this competition...like the night before.

I think there was a day in between.  The day after her aufing was when they went on their chauffeured tour of NY, the second day was when they got their Tim consultations, which was after they had gotten the second look announcement.

• Love 1

I'm satisfied with everyone they chose to send to Fashion Week, except Char. I hate when they ask, "Why do you deserve to go?" but I especially hated her answer. To get to the end of the competition and to say, "I haven't had a chance to show what I can do." is BS. You've had several weeks to show what you can do. If she makes a good collection, I'll apologize, but nothing she has made this season struck me as being innovative, pretty or well made.

I also call BS on the manipulation of the viewers based on the preview they showed us for this episode. They're more interested in stirring up drama than showing us talented designers and beautiful clothes. That's their call, but that's not what I tune in to see.

• Love 15

I actually thought Korina handled herself quite well, though I wish they hadn't even asked her to come back so quickly in the first place, especially after how volatile her elimination had been. So I'm okay with her asking to opt out. I could have done with out the long video of her scowling trek out of the work room and down the hall and into the room with the couches and getting her stuff and putting her coat on and blah blah blah... We didn't need any of that editors! Though I know they need filler to fill the whole hour and a half.

As to the outfits, like many, I don't get Sean's outfit... either one. The pink thing was horrible, especially with all of that fringe. Can next season have a ban on fringe and motorcycle jackets?  And I don't get the white look at all. I know Heidi was all "it's something I've never seen before" but that doesn't automatically equal good, despite what they've been seeing all season. The weird shape of the skirt actually made me think bug and not fashion.

I liked Kini's looks a lot. I do think the jacket didn't quite go with the skirt, but as separate looks, they were both pretty cool. The skirt was different and I liked the volume at the bottom... and that coat was great! The red dress was simply stunning, it looked red carpet ready to me. And definitely not for the worst dressed list.

Amanda's street look didn't work for me... I get what she was going for, but it was just too baggy and saggy. Didn't like it. Her second look was alright, but nothing I found too special.

I actually didn't mind Emily's street look, though it had some problems. And like others have said, the blue dress wasn't Emily and was very off the rack/ been seen before. I do think it was an improvement on the original though.

Char's pink skirt was cool, IMO, I liked that look a lot. I didn't care for the black dress as much, since it was all bunchy and weird.

I'd have been fine with two going home, so it's kind of annoying that once again they kept a 4th person... Fashion week is supposed to be 3... why not just make it three?

Aside from Kini, though... I would have been okay with them sending any of the other designers home, so fashion week could have been Kini plus just about any of the others in my book.

Oh well... I'm sort of glad this season is just about over... I find I actually care less and less about fashion week each season... especially all of the home visits etc. I want to see the runway show and that's it. Which you can do already, since fashion week was already forever ago.

• Love 2

The only reason I'm happy that Char made it through is because I know how much it will piss off Korina. What a classless jerk.

She could take lessons from Emily on how to lose with grace. Yes, she may have still been upset about the previous challenge, but she completely screwed up her chance to to make up for her horrid behavior. For the millionth time, Char did not vote to eliminate her. Why she has a problem with Char is completely beyond me. Char may not be a great designer, but she has class. I believe, if given the opportunity, she'd have spoken with Korina and tried to iron out their differences

I would say I don't know who'd hire Korina after this display, but we all know she'll be back to bring more drama to another season. So I can't even say good riddance to bad rubbish. And I'm this show's bitch because I'll be there to watch it, too.

• Love 16

Char would have to be way more of a saint than I am to be over the events of the previous episode any more than Korina was. That said, when you consider what her aesthetic is and the fabrics she likes to work with, her picking Korina's great big heap o' blanket fail for her redo was a little pointed. It also means that, unless she was ordered to choose it, that moment of spite is why she ended up partnered with Korina.

Not excusing Korina's petulance, but Char's not exactly farting sunshine here either.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 7

I was surprised that Tim didn't admit to the judges that it was HIS idea that Kini make his outfit more than a simple silhouette underneath the jacket. Kini had a simple outfit ready, and Tim told him to amp it up. After the runway show, the judges were saying that they wished Kini had made the outfit under the jacket more simple.  Oh, Tim.

I was so disappointed (but not surprised) when Tim announced that they would have to make a second look. It was too good to be true that the designers had gotten a lot done in the first day, and left just enough work for the second day to make their designs really good. We would have gotten a much better runway showwithout those half-assed second looks, I think. With the exception of Kini, everyone else bombed that part of the challenge. 

• Love 9

I don't like Korina, but I didn't have a problem with what she told Tim this evening. It was shitty of producers to have ex-contestants' losing looks up for a re-purposing challenge and then bring back those losing designers. Way to rub more salt into their wounds.

Don't they do this every year, though? To have the auf'ed designers come back to help one way or another? It seems like they should know that's what will be expected of them.

Also, all of the other ex-designers came back with decent attitudes. Korina was the only one with a "I don't want to be here, I don't want to do this, I'm still really mad" attitude. She was seething with anger and resentment. It was terrible. In grand contrast, Emily lost her big chance, yet (even if inside she thinks she's just as talented as the others) she found it in herself to be so wonderfully graceful to each and every designer who made it to Fashion Week. It's like Amanda said -- Korina is not the only person who has been auf'ed on this show; her pain is not greater than the rest of the designers who have been sent home before her. She's choosing to stew and resent instead of looking at the opportunities she had on the show and use them to her advantage.

Honestly, I thought Char would be sent home and Emily would either go home as well or be safe. Between the two of them, I think Emily's Fashion Week show would have been the more unconventional and interesting to watch, given how unusual Emily is (and I mean that in a good way).

I am so pleased that Kini made it to Fashion Week, and I'm glad for Sean and Amanda as well. It doesn't feel like a huge surprise, though. In other seasons, I felt like I was on the edge of my seat, feeling like it was too close to call and one of my favorites might be sent home. This time, it just felt like a foregone conclusion. The only surprise to me was Char. I'm happy for her, but I didn't expect her to go through to the final.

Side note: I loved Kini's jacket. Gorgeous. And what he did to make Mitchell's red dress better was marvelous, too. Terrific job!

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 13

Yes, every year they have eliminated designers come back and help.  Korina's behavior was just another example of her thinking the rules shouldn't apply to her unless they benefit her in some way. 

Emily really is a class act.  I wish she would have paid more attention to her redo look.  Oh well.  Hopefully she will get some great press and attention from her time on the show.  She would be an ideal contestant for another season, either an all-stars or second chance like Amanda.

• Love 12

Oh, look!  Someone finally made something on Project Runway that was funky and idiosyncratic and that **I** would love to wear!

Oh, look.  It got her eliminated.

Bye, Emily.

• Love 19

Dying a little here because I'm unable to watch unless/until it's on demand or I get back home, whichever happens first.  Sad to hear Emily left, though.  She has really been the embodiment of graciousness and civil behavior, and I hope she goes far.  

• Love 2

Don't they do this every year, though? To have the auf'ed designers come back to help one way or another? It seems like they should know that's what will be expected of them.

Yes, they do, but I think it's kind of pointless. Not that the producers of Project Runway care what I think. They'll sink their ship on their own.  ;)

• Love 4

Miss Emerich squandered a golden opportunity to rehabilitate her image.    I know there have been accusations of drama-baiting by the producers, but part of me wonders if the "redesign" twist (which seemed like a last-minute addition) was introduced precisely to give Korina a chance to set things right.

She could have gone in there, apologized for her earlier behavior while chalking it up to being upset, then put in a full days' work like a good sport, even if it killed her inside.  All would have been forgiven and the viewers' last memory of her would have been a positive one.   It would have been good for her professionally, and good for the show.

Instead, well ...

As she stormed off camera, all I could think was "Can you imagine what she must be like to have as a girlfriend?" 

Yikes.

btw, I don't get the praise for Sean's white outfit either.

• Like 1
  • Love 16

I knew Char would get through: she's the Tim Gunn save!! Justin made it to fashion week, so Char has to do the same!

I thought both of her outfits were pretty awful. That skirt... but I guess it's just me since Nina raved about how much she's grown as a designer.

Happy for Kini, Amanda, and Sean, I guess. Can't figure out who they're setting up for the win. At this point, I'm okay with either Kini or Amanda. I don't care for Sean. I agree with whomever it was last week that said he's a hack. Maybe it was just me but I thought his white shirt thingy had some details that were strikingly similar to Amanda's folds on her muumuu. I liked that dress though; hated the Fade re-do.

I would buy Kini's waxed denim trench yesterday!

I just hope hope HOPE they are not setting up Char to be the winner to justify Tim's role on the show after UTG. Even if her final collection is decent (I haven't looked at all of them), she shouldn't have made it to the final four, IMHO, so it's moot for me.

• Love 4

I respectfully disagree. Char said she picked it because it had the most fabric. There was nothing she did to make me think she did it out of some sort of spite for Korina. Lord knows, there was a ton of fabric in that mess Korina had made!

I really don't think Char did anything wrong here. She even seemed up to working with Korina, who could have left on a positive note if she possessed an ounce of class.

And I respectfully disagree as well. I've never seen Char show any interest in bulky textiles, in muddy neutrals, or in fabrics that don't stretch, and she went past jewel-toned jerseys to get to Korina's ragpile. She ended up using almost none of that garment. I actually respect that she chose to take the risk of trying to make that point even if she wasn't completely successful, but I'm pretty sure she chose that garment to make a point.

And again, I'm not excusing Korina's behavior.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 3

I actually thought Korina handled herself quite well, though I wish they hadn't even asked her to come back so quickly in the first place, especially after how volatile her elimination had been. So I'm okay with her asking to opt out.

If her elimination was volatile, it was only because she made it volatile. As Amanda said, all the designers before her were eliminated, and none of them pulled a hissy fit. Or, to quote Korina herself: it's not all about (her). It was time to buck up and help one of the designers still in the competition. Like the others did. I like how the episode was bookended by Korina's drama queen antics in the beginning with Emily's mature and gracious exit at the end.

And when Tim brought in a new designer to replace Korina for Char, I thought for sure he was going to say: we put it to a vote, and the fans picked......Alexander! Surprise!

• Love 14

Korina is a whiny little bad sport & I’m glad they didn’t force her to stay & help. I couldn’t stand 1 1/2 hours of her & her bitchface.

I liked the dress Heidi was wearing on the runway, but it cut in a strange way under her armpits & made it look like she had a couple of extra vaginas under her arms

As for the clothes, I pretty much disliked everything. I thought Kini’s stuff was mostly OK, but didn’t like everything else.

OK
Kini-Didn’t really like the flouncy skirt, but I liked the trench, & the red gown was good.

Didn’t like
Amanda-It was just ugly & too big & overwhelming, for some reason it made me think of Star Trek. I liked the redo dress better but it was too much like a club look.
Emily-Hated the leggings/top especially the pattern, liked the hoodie. The redo dress was blah. I did love the dress Emily was wearing though.
Sean-Didn’t like either look, the white thing looked like a futuristic nurse to me, & once again I don’t understand the judges. The pink thing looked like something from the Kardashian Kollection
Char-Another club look, redo look had a weird poof in the front

Not surprised to see Emily go, but nobody won?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 3

but I'm pretty sure she chose that garment to make a point.

I secretly hoped Char would send her model down the runway with long hair, bright red lipstick and hipster glasses.

• Love 12

I don't either. I thought it looked like a waitress outfit from a very cheap diner.

I've been bagging on Korina for most of this season. Now that I've had time to think about it, Sean really is no better than she is. He's a little more passive aggressive, but he's been just as critical of his fellow contestants as Korina has. I think this might be why I've been on the fence about him. I wasn't taking his behavior and comments as a whole.

I think that Sean feels as if he's on a higher level than his competitors and to some extent he is, but he's not outstanding. I haven't seen anything from him that wows me.

I guess it's great to be a legend in your own mind, but if you can't translate any of that "talent" into a usable and salable product, then you're going to flame out pretty quickly. I can see this happening to Sean.

I also question the judges' taste if they think Sean's waitress-line cook-nurse-cult member white outfit is the bee's knees.

This season leaves me feeling "meh" overall. I'll watch the season to the end, but I'm kind of over caring about who wins.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 7

So happy for the fashion week winners.

These were my picks with #1 being my top pick:

1) Amanda's street chic; 2) Kine- both looks; 3) Sean - street chic; 4) Char - street chic; Emily - hooded jacket street chic only. So, I definitely agreed with the judges.

I would love Amanda's dress. It was adorable.

Kudos to Emily for leaving like a lady and a professional. I wish her the best in her career.

And I respectfully disagree as well. I've never seen Char show any interest in bulky textiles, in muddy neutrals, or in fabrics that don't stretch, and she went past jewel-toned jerseys to get to Korina's ragpile. She ended up using almost none of that garment. I actually respect that she chose to take the risk of trying to make that point even if she wasn't completely successful, but I'm pretty sure she chose that garment to make a point.

What point do you think Char was making?

Hell, even if Char did pick Korina's to prove something to the judges, there was nothing under-handed or even spiteful about the move. She was well within her rights and the rules of the challenge to pick that garment. No one told them that the actual contestants would be trotted out to assist them (my guess if they had known, she probably wouldn't have picked Korina), so I don't really understand why Char should be taken to task for adhering to the rules or for picking something outside her wheelhouse, fabric-wise. From what we were shown, she didn't say anything rude about Korina or even Korina's garment. I think that's a huge reach to make Char's choice into some calculated move beyond strategizing to win the challenge... And shouldn't they all be doing that?

And I say this as someone who thinks Char should have been eliminated either with Emily or in place of her. But I just don't see anything off-putting or unduly calculated about her selection of Korina's auf'd garment.

• Love 17

Sean's white outfit was so odd. It was part cult member, part line cook.

Bwah! Spot on! That said, I did actually like it, but it was ridicoulusly overpraised.

I also liked Emily's and Amanda's street looks and Kini's trench, but as a final challenge goes the whole runway was so dull. No one deserves to go to fashion week.

• Love 8

Alright, pelt me with your snark, but I really liked Char's street look.  I thought the color mixed with the print was hip, I thought the fit of the skirt was much better than anything she has ever done.  I thought the pocket was dumb, and she should have listened to Tim.  I like a cool pocket as much as the next girl, but you don't have to put a pocket in everything.  But without the pocket, the skirt had such an...architectural feel, or artistic feel to it.  Just the way her cutouts didn't go straight up the skirt, and the way they seemed to be different sizes created such an interesting effect, and with the fit of the skirt being so good, it didn't make her just look fat, and the placement of the petals was cool.  I also loved the graphic of the top, and the way the top was made.  I just really liked that look.  The re-constructed look, sadly, was a mess.  I guess Korina got her revenge.

I guess I'm not fashionable, because Sean's looked like a mess to me.  The whole white look just looked weird, I mean its different, but it felt like Sandaya different, where maybe no one is doing that, because its not cool.  And no one wanted to say a word a giant slit up the front?  In this season where hip cutouts get a side eye for being too "vaginacentric?"  really?  But he seems like a nice enough person so I'm glad he is through

I love, love, love both of Kini's looks.  I even liked the skirt, I felt like it needed a little tweaking somewhere, but the idea of the ruffle on the dark demin crisp skirt was cool.  But I also loved it before the ruffle.  The trench was wonderful.  The red dress.....stunning.

I'm not a fan of Amanda's but I can see how it represents what I think of as that new york street style.  Like you're hip and sexy without really trying at all.  

Poor Emily, she truly did handle her elimination with style and grace.  She seemed truly happy when she found out that Sean, Char, and Amanda were moving forward.  Thats an honest to goodness good person, a person that can be happy for you in the face of their failure.  I wished she hadn't made a hoodie, and I laughed when, in one TH, she was like "I've been waiting to make a hoodie and now I can!"  I feel like she has made a few hoodies this season!  I really didn't like either of her looks.  Her street style looked way pajama to me, although I loved the print in the front of the womans face.

And last, but not least - oh Korina.....she had over a day before she was in the workroom again.  Char said, on day one, that Korina had been eliminated "yesterday", so they went an entire 24 hour cycle with her gone (their first day of work).  Then, the next day, after they found out they would get a new design challenge, and after they went to mood is when she went back.  So she had at least a day to cool down.  She should have behaved better than that.  She played directly into the producers hands.

• Love 2

Miss Emerich squandered a golden opportunity to rehabilitate her image.    I know there have been accusations of drama-baiting by the producers, but part of me wonders if the "redesign" twist (which seemed like a last-minute addition) was introduced precisely to give Korina a chance to set things right.

She could have gone in there, apologized for her earlier behavior while chalking it up to being upset, then put in a full days' work like a good sport, even if it killed her inside.  All would have been forgiven and the viewers' last memory of her would have been a positive one.   It would have been good for her professionally, and good for the show.

Thats the thing, whether or not the producers intended for it to be an opportunity, it still was one.  Personally, I think the producers were hoping for her to behave poorly.  How much would she have accomplished in terms of redeeming her image and sticking it to the producers if she would have just been helpful and gracious.  Even if she was hurt and it was raw.  In light of her feelings, if she had done that I would have had gained respect for her.  I think the last designer eliminated will always feel hurt and raw, but if they can behave professionally in spite of it, I think thats commendable.

I do remember her saying that she wanted to do a darker look, something black.  Not the usual bright colors she goes for, so maybe choosing the sort of fabric she doesn't normally choose in colors she doesn't normally choose was part of her thought process.  And the more fabric you have, the more options you have.  And it was a series of separate pieces versus a dress.  So, if her initial design didn't work out, she could have gone for something with the skirt, that fails, try something with the vinyl shirt.  I think your scenario is possible too, but I could see the logic in going for Korina's.  

I secretly hoped Char would send her model down the runway with long hair, bright red lipstick and hipster glasses.

LMAO.  I would have died laughing if she did that.  It would have been a good death, but then sad, because I wouldn't get to read all of your snark.  Unless they have snark in heaven?

• Love 4