Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: The Highest Bidder

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Korina is not a great designer, but at least she could be gracious. Char is not exactly the most skilled designer in the world, but she has a upstanding attitude and has never, from what I've seen, directed such hate towards a fellow contestant or expressed anything but joy at being able to compete and learn from the process.

Korina's hatred began during the critique when she insulted both Char and Sean, and then proceeded to completely meltdown. Wow.

Her stuff was not great, end of story. No more jackets. She's out.

Edited by Mia Nina
  • Love 15

Char is not exactly the most skilled designer in the world, but she has a upstanding attitude and has never, from what I've seen, directed such hate towards a fellow contestant or expressed anything but joy at being able to compete and learn from the process.

Char did say ( I think off camera ) that Amanda did not have the right to be there again, but I think after she got saved she realized the error of her ways and talked to Amanda about it. 

Even though if I was ever on a reality show I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut to the judges, which is exactly why I am not on a reality show, I do know that you shouldn't talk back or get bitchy with the judges. It rarely ever ends in your favor. As much as you want to defend yourself, it is best to be polite and take the criticism, even if you think it is not deserved. Korina needs to know that if she thinks about doing this again.

• Love 4

I was kind of hoping Korina would send nothing down the runway and take a stand, I actually would have respected that.  Or telling the judges just "No" and calling out the 2 existing Char saves that have already happened before tonight.  

Maybe this season has been so dismal and uninspired because of Korina's presence.  That would make so much sense.

I loved loved loved Sean's jacket.  When Heidi put that jacket on, my jaw dropped, she looked so stunning in it.

I know it's been said in other episode thread, but I just love how down and dirty Zac gets with the clothes, like he can't keep his hands off of them.

I thought Amanda and Kini's collection was the best runway show we've had this season.  Fun and playful!

• Love 8

Meh, I'd advise Korina to focus on what she could control.  What can she control at this point? Her own design (really, in one hour?? come on, girl!) and her reactions to the situation.  VERY low rent.  Come on chica, act like you've been there before!

• Love 8

WOW. And I thought it would be Emily going home for dressing her model like a chair. But so glad she survived. I liked her comments about Korina. Emily has demonstrated more grace than the others this season.

Then there's Kini. Just love him. Glad he won. Didn't like the trim on the fur jacket but he really demonstrated talent in this challenge and deserved the win, especially having no fabric to work with.

Korina should be added to the PR Hall of Shame as the meanest, bratty, mean-spirited person on the show EVER. And why are they drawing this talent lackluster fest out?

I love Char but she should have gone with her. I just can't see anything in fashion week from her besides tight short dresses with dated peplums or hankies hanging from it. Zzzzzzzz.

Did I meantion how glad I am Korina's gone? Yeah, Okay, just checking.

Good night.

• Love 8
One thing I realized tonight when Korina kept saying she wanted to go to Fashion Week - while the show is being filmed, the designers don't know how close you have to be to the end to go to Fashion Week.

Unless they've watched the last six seasons, that is.  :-)  I would bet any designer in the final six is pretty sure they know are going to FW.  

Korina's hubris came back to bite her.  Yikes, she's certainly entitled, isn't she?  She acted like it was a truth universally acknowledged that she was going to win the whole thing.  I really hate it when designers respond with "I really want this, I've wanted it since I was twelve" when asked why they should be kept.  That's irrelevant.  Wanting something alot is no reason for someone else to foot the bill for your FW show, IMO.

I would put Korina ahead of Char in the talent area, but not nearly by as much as Korina does.

• Love 10

Exactly. And she's watched Char get saved not once (complete with a near-sobbing Tim announcing it was retroactive, after his "emotional" night of regret), not twice (for the unzipped peplum hot pants horror show), but now three times. It's blatantly obvious as a viewer that the producers and Tim are doing back-flips to keep Char in the running. If I were there, watching this bull unfold before my eyes - on top of having very little sleep, being subjected to ridiculously convoluted challenges, with very little turnaround time for them - I'd be livid too.

Let's remember that this is reality TV; it's full of producer manipulation. I can't imagine that a contestant on any reality show isn't aware that producer manipulation may be involved in the outcome. Sadly, PR is probably one of the more extreme examples of this over the last few seasons.

Is it fair? No. But this shouldn't be a surprise to contestants. Korina can be pissed off that Char has been the recipient of the TG Save and a few other "gifts." This is, however, part of what she signed on for whether she wants to accept it or not.

I'm sure that the other designers aren't wild about it, either. Yet, they have handled it with more grace and maturity than Korina has. It isn't fair but a lot of things in life aren't fair.

• Love 8

Though I've been annoyed that Char kept getting inexplicably saved and think Korina has overall done better work this season, I was delighted with this outcome. Korina's attitude is beyond immature, and what particularly irked me was the childish way she would utter some horrible insult and then cock her head, smile big, and give a big wide-eyed look, because she know she's being bad, but isn't it so cute? Like when she fake-sympathized that Char was being defensive, which she understood because if she were somewhere where everyone else was way better, she'd be defensive too. Ugh.

Emily clearly is on the Tim Gunn philosophy that Project Runway is a humanitarian award.

While I agree with a lot of your post, I don't think Emily failed to help Korina. She simply said she didn't appreciate Korina's remarks and it made her want to help her less - not that she did help her less. She continued to help and gave her a big hug. Even if Sean were a bigger help than Emily, I don't think that was determinative - pretty sure Korina's umbrage and general stank attitude prevented her from saving herself (once the "tiebreaker" started - I do agree with Korina only in the sense that I thought Char should have gone home on their original designs and there shouldn't have been a tiebreaker at all. But if you're playing the game, them's the rules...).

• Love 8

I'd love to say I'm surprised that Korina and Char are paired up next week, given the disastrous display by Korina tonight. But I bet the producers were salivating for a way to keep the animosity going by bringing Korina back and pairing her up to work with the person she clearly cannot stand. What I find frustrating about it is that there's no way Korina would want to do any quality work, not if it means "helping" Char, so why on earth would they pair the two of them? It's not fair to Char and it's just stirring up shit. 

Nevertheless, I'm glad Korina went home tonight. I've not been incredibly impressed with any of her work, I certainly don't see it as awesome the way Korina declares it to be, and now with her vicious attitude on full display I'm just really glad they voted her out. She doesn't deserve to be there. I don't care if she's the best designer there (and in my opinion, she is NOT), that attitude would make me want to never buy a single garment from her ever.

• Love 7

Korina's attitude and bitchy behavior won't be missed. But did Char deserve to stay.? I feel that if Sean had not helped her in both challenges I think she would have been auf'ed.

And WTH with next week's show? Pairing up Korina with Char! Looks like Korina walks out and I don't blame her. Bravo did that for hoped for drama. Not cool Bravo.

I'm disappointed in this show. It's not a design show anymore, all they want is stupid drama.

Kudos to Kini for winning with the soccer ball dress.

• Love 5

Bravo did that for hoped for drama. Not cool Bravo.

Actually it's Lifetime now. But I totally understand the reverting to Bravo; at the start of this season I forgot that the show was on Lifetime and I turned the channel to Bravo on reflex.  *GRIN*

• Love 2

I just can't believe they're doing this next week. I'd walk out in a cocaine heartbeat with my middle finger in the air. They really do treat these people like emotional hamsters in a cage.

• Love 5

Okay, I'm up to speed with the rewatch...

Kini's and Amanda's collection was one of the best things so far this season. And I have to say, I was super impressed with their collaboration and process. I hope both of them make it to final four. The soccer ball dress was to die for and I would wear the little fake fur quilted jacket with jeans EVERY DAY.,

Korina is delusional. I don't know exactly how many times she HAS used the southwestern motif, but it's at least two if you count tonight. And even the week she won, it was so dated... I have a picture of me in Taos from 1991 wearing almost the same coat and a red cowboy hat... 23 years ago, Korina. I love my Pendleton blankets - most of them are vintage - but you need to expand your repertoire.

Clearly, the FB post about how different she is from her reality TV self is a lie. That was pure desperation and hatred on the runway and Char didn't deserve it. I hope to God they are not setting up Char for the win to make Tim look good, but Char didn't save herself and Char didn't horsewhip Tim into getting her the extra 10 last week.

She (Korina) is the most unpleasant person in PR history after Helen at the season 12 reunion and pretty much anyone on Season 3, except for Mychael Knight and ULI.

Having said that, I call BS on Char and blue dress in one hour. Yes, she DID pick an easy fabric to work with, but if it hadn't been for Sean, I don't think she would have been able to pull that out. I haven't seen anything from her this entire season that was as good as the one hour dress. Please tell me she is leaving next week. I have a sneaking suspicion it will be Emily, though.

Speaking of Emily, I thought the sofa cushion jacket was odd looking, just like Tim did. I hate to agree with him on almost anything these days, but I thought their entire collection was terrible, not just Korina's stuff. It all looked like potholders and old afghans and I bet it smelled like Patchouli.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 11

Oh my gosh, so many thoughts!

1. I don't like Korina but I do feel she is the better designer than Char. Nothing Char has done has been particularly interesting to me except her first ever look.

2. I think Char is such a nice lady and I'd love to have some coffee tawk with her.

3. I loved Kini and Amanda's collection because it was fun! and happy! and creative!

4. Loved Sean's jacket and would wear it but the collection was horrible.

5. I don't think Char could have done anything without Sean's help this episode.

6. The wrong designer went home, solely based on talent imo.

7. It's really messed up that they so clearly manipulate them for drama.

• Love 8

Korina may well be a (slightly) better designer than Char but I can't stand how she lashes out and is unable to take criticism. She's incredibly thin skinned for the Fashion industry.

The funniest part was the way she kept asking the other designers if they ever thought she would be going home.

Oh come on!! She could have easily gone home the week she was in the bottom. She lucked out. But, I think her delusional ass has blocked that from her memory and really believes she's the greatest designer EVER!

She could have easily beaten Char in that challenge. But she was so angry that Nina didnt appreciate her brillance and that she had lower herself and compete against the likes of Char that she blew it.

IMO they're all kind of mediocre.. capable of the occasional exceptional design. So Korina needs to get over herself.

• Love 12

If the judges saw it differently, they were crazy or confused or vicious, or just existentially wrong in some unforgivable way, and she was the helpless victim of stupidity, and bad judgment.

To be fair, the judges have been ridiculous. We regularly accuse them of being crazy or confused or exercising stupidity or bad judgment. But I think we're all self-possessed enough not to air those grievances on national TV, especially when those same judges are about to decide whether or not to send you home.

I loved loved loved Sean's jacket.  When Heidi put that jacket on, my jaw dropped, she looked so stunning in it.

I thought he made an ugly housecoat with a weird back. I'd make a reference to armadillos or something but I forget where Sean is originally from.

once the "tiebreaker" started - I do agree with Korina only in the sense that I thought Char should have gone home on their original designs and there shouldn't have been a tiebreaker at all. But if you're playing the game, them's the rules...

Them's the rules they made up on the fly when they couldn't justify not sending Char home? I used to imagine being on Project Runway when the show started and I started designing. But no wonder the talent pool is so shallow. How many good designers would subject themselves to this nonsense... and how many of those designers get axed in casting for not having big enough personalities? 

• Love 8

Emily is far from the most talented on the show, but she's definitely one of my favorites as a person. 

Kini deserved that win. That soccer ball dress was phenomenal. And the fact that he quilted that coat himself? Awesome. I wasn't a big fan of the skirt on the Yeti look but the top was night. 

I'll admit I liked the sweater that they were 

Korina is a jerk. Sure she may be more talented than Char, but her pissy attitude over everything just made me glad for the decision that was made. From the snide little shade throwing towards Sean and Char's collection (I do think that Sean's reactions to their barbs was amusing) to the straight up bitchfest in the sewing room, she's been just a bitter little brat. Kudos to Char for standing up for herself and not stooping to her level of bitchiness.

Also, can I just say that for once, I am super glad that they didn't do a "You're the losing team so one member of your team must be eliminated!" deals? 

• Love 12

I think if they were going to do a design off they should have sent the judges out to a lovely lunch and given the 2 designers two hours but no helper and you would have seen a different runway.    

If Char had to do a dress by herself we would not have seen the dress she presented and if Korina could have moved past the anger and put that energy into working instead of vomiting bile for an hour she might have had something presentable.    The helper thing totally skewed the outcome.

Korina showed her ass on national tv and she should be embarrassed but because she has a big ego, I doubt it will make a dent in her conciousness.     She IS probably a better designer than Char, but she would not have been in the top 2 no matter what.    She just has not been that good in the previous challenges to warrant the ego or attitude.     Char probably deserved to stay simply for a good can-do attitude and showing some gratitude for a second chance.   She maintained her composure til she got off the stage and didn't let the judges see her break.   Good on her.   Now she needs to go next.   She's had more than a fair chance.

• Love 8

Kini and Amada were a cute team.  His soccer ball dress was pretty awesome, but I liked her painting shirt and tablecloth skirt, too.  I also liked how well they worked together and the story they came up with to explain their looks.  Previously I didn't care about Amanda one way or the other (I didn't watch her first season), but I like Kini quite a bit.  And that he likes her and was so excited to work with her says something nice about the type of person she is.

Shawn and Char's looks were boring except for his coat, which was great.

Emily's was my favorite of her team's looks by far.  I also liked how she tried to be kind and understanding of Korina even when Korina was being so awful and negative.

Korina reminds me of Helen.  A lot.  Both think of themselves as superior to their competitors, if not humankind entirely, and both blame other competitors for their own shortcomings.  Helen went after Alexandria relentlessly before and after PR ended because she got it in her pea brain that Alexandria stole her spot.  She couldn't fathom that she herself lost it with her shitty, shitty collection.  And Korina went after Amanda, Sandya, and Char when she thought she should have won instead of them, as if they stole the win from her.  She's delusional and gross, and I'm glad she's gone.

ETA:

Tim really does seem out of step with the judges, or maybe it's they are out of step with him.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 11

I thought the decisions tonight were the right ones. Honestly, even without the tiebreaker, I think the Korina/Emily looks were the worst. And looking back at all of Korina's designs, she hasn't really done anything that made me really say "wow, amazing!" even her win didn't impress me all that much... the coat looked heavy and didn't even close in the front. Though the dress underneath I think I liked... but most of her looks haven't been anything that have wowed me.  And this week was even worse. the skirt looked like they just wrapped a blanket around the model's waist and that cape... ugh... don't even go there. That whole collection was just all kinds of wrong, it looked like costumes.

Sean and Char made boring clothes, but there was some creativity in using unconventional materials. And Char's second dress was far superior. While Char also hasn't done anything I'd call amazing, I wouldn't say she has less talent than Korina. They clearly have very different asthetics, but Char has had some interesting design ideas even if the execution didn't always pan out. The polar opposite attitudes was just one more thing to add onto everything else.

I get Korina being upset, and even thinking that the TG save was unfair- but someone was going to get a second chance, so the designers needed to just deal with that fact. Emily was definitely right about all of that negative energy... it was unpleasant to watch. And for the life of me, I can't imagine why Korina agrees to come back next week... surely they didn't force her.

I did like Amanda and Kini's looks. That soccer ball dress was amazing!! I loved it and it was great use of alternative materials. I definitely could have done without the drama this week, but I was on board with the judges thoughts mostly... which definitely makes watching more interesting for me... when I don't wonder what the judges were smoking before the runway :P

• Love 7

Do I think that overall Korina has been a better designer than the unremarkable Char? Yes. However, there was no reason for Korina to be katty once she finally realized the writing on the wall. The producers have been pulling for Char for a very long time. Of course Korina would finally get butt hurt about it when it impacts her. That is not to say I think Korina is some superlative talent.

Edited by yeswedo
edited for language

I don't think I ever before applauded and yelled "yes" out loud at the tv when a designer was sent home - but I sure did tonight when korina was let go. She has been unlikeable all season long to me, not for her design or sewing ability, but for the sour, self-important and condescending attitude she has to the other designers.

• Love 11

Psychedelic Yeti from a Japanese pop group for the win! This episode was so delightfully stupid.

While I haven't been an Amanda fan to this point, I thought there was something oddly charming about her wanting to make sure that the Yeti was treated with proper respect and integrity. I wonder if the usual reality show sleep deprivation was starting to get to her.

• Love 7
I get Korina being upset, and even thinking that the TG save was unfair- but someone was going to get a second chance, so the designers needed to just deal with that fact.

I think her problem with the Tim Gunn Save is situational and not theoretical.  If she had been eliminated for the challenge where she made a hideous green dress for Heidi, even after Heidi gave her a chance to redeem herself with a second trip to Mood, and Tim has used his save on her, then she wouldn't have had a problem with it.

What's really funny is Korina said that she believed in her outdated blanket clothes and it would really suck if she were sent home over a design she loved and would wear herself.  But then she makes a shitty dress using shitty fabrics that she wasn't proud of and didn't believe in, but thinks she shouldn't be eliminated over that, either.  She's delusional and hypocritical.

• Love 18

Korina's attitude is beyond immature, and what particularly irked me was the childish way she would utter some horrible insult and then cock her head, smile big, and give a big wide-eyed look, because she know she's being bad, but isn't it so cute?

Busted!  LOL. 

I got the impression Korina was more of a problem child than we knew.   Have you ever before seen the designers lounge erupt into laughter upon someone's departure?

This must have been a bitter pill for Miss Emmerich.   With her pretty looks, and her modicum of talent, she's probably unaccustomed to the sound of doors closing.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 19

I hated Korrina's aesthetic with the ugly-ass Southwestern prints.  I also disliked the packing blanket coat.  And the spongebob coat. 

I went back through the "Rate the Runway" features on the PR website because I was curious how many times Korina has used a "southwestern" theme (per Nina's frustration). Seems like it was an unfair call on Nina's part. These are the outfits Korina has made:

ep1 long red sleeveless turtleneck dress with black belt
ep2 bizarrely patterned black and bright green filmstrip dress
ep3 long mesh duster coat with yellow top and beige cropped pants
ep4 sleeveless red & black motorcycle vest & long red skirt
ep5 dark green gown that Heidi hated
ep6 shiny off-white pants and suit jacket with pushed up sleeves
ep7 dramatic southwestern duster coat and black turtleneck dress
ep8 WTF short black dress w/metallic hoops circling body & arms
ep9 cute American girl outfit with red/white/yellow flaps
ep10 black racerback dress with blue and black motorcycle jacket

She's repeated herself with the motorcycle jackets. She's also repeated herself with the southwestern style if you count the mesh duster from episode 3, but she didn't really use overly heavy SW patterns except for tonight's design and that dramatic coat she made when she won the challenge.

Nevertheless... looking over all her looks on the Rate the Runway, I can't say I loved any of them. Meanwhile, there have been looks done by Sean and Kini and other designers that I have thought were gorgeous or well made or just very creative. Not Korina's. Her looks left me underwhelmed. I think the one I liked the most was her American Doll outfit, just because it was very cheery and bright and fitting for the challenge. But beyond that, the rest were nothing special. So even though she may have been right to defend herself against Nina's unfair assessment that she's overdone the southwestern style, her overall attitude throughout tonight's episode was ridiculous. She was rude, insulting and outrageously arrogant. Looking over her 11 weeks of products I'd say she has no cause to be so full of herself as if she's the best of the best and no one else can touch her talent. Um... no.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 7

Heidi ruined my illusions of an anonymous runway when she referenced Korina's expression.  If she can see it, she can see their reactions- and the designers always have big reactions- so she knows whose design is whose.  

They replayed a nasty Korina comment from last week's episode, a little extended.  That's just lazy editing.  It almost made me reconsider my opinion of her- which I did some more when she challenged Nina...until the end.  She lost me, quickly, with her "It's not about you" to Char as though Char was stealing her grand goodbye.  I interpreted it that way, anyway, as a "stay out of my moment" kind of thing.  For what it's worth I don't think she's necessarily a bad person.  I think she's profoundly self-centered and not right for stressful environments.

I was shocked that a MODEL would be on camera making those kinds of comments.  This is work, yo, and it's still a lot of exposure.  Don't show that side of yourself!  On the flipside- props to the models in Sean/Char's looks.  That took some skill.  I wish they had a real-time clock to let me know how long it took the lamp-dress wearer to get down the runway and back.

I've always like Emily, mostly because of the blue hair, but her comments in reaction to Korina's bitchiness sealed my love for her.  This means she'll probably go home next time.  I have bad luck with people I like on this show, once I admit it.  Which sucks, because I also like Amanda.

I love Christian.  He seemed to bring out a little more...energy from Heidi.  And Zac seemed a little competitive, with the way he'd jump on a comment from Christian before Christian fully said it.  They should pull him in full time and ditch Nina.  Nina has seen everything, and she's clearly over it.  She should retire.  

Last thing I'm taking from tonight: I'm sure someone on here mentioned this before, but I wasn't cool with how Zac handled the models.  He shoved one towards Nina!  I get touching fabric, making them twirl around and all that.  Tonight I think he forgot that they're actual people, despite his comment towards Sean about the dress.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 8

Wow, that was a meltdown. The pressure really got to Korina, and she really never recovered. When one is a reality show contestant, one has to expect scripted moments, such as the little "one hour"challenge that came up in this episode. Korina, whoever the judges decided would be in the bottom two were gonna go through that, how else was all the fabric magically showing up in the workroom?

And deciding to do a 16-piece dress in one hour? Wtf?

But I predict that Sean's maneuver to help Char will pay off. (Korina, that how the game is really played). I'm thinking he, Kini and Amanda will make it, unless it is ordained that a returning contestant can't make it to the finals.

Edited by Renee in CA
  • Love 5

I think her problem with the Tim Gunn Save is situational and not theoretical.  If she had been eliminated for the challenge where she made a hideous green dress for Heidi, even after Heidi gave her a chance to redeem herself with a second trip to Mood, and Tim has used his save on her, then she wouldn't have had a problem with it.

I agree and that's exactly my problem with all her TG Save whining. Guess what? It's Tim Gunn's prerogative to choose who he wants. Is it his duty to consult the other designers on his choice and ensure there's a consensus? No. Deal with it. It's not a new rule and if you're so opposed, then opt out of going onto a reality show where you find the "rules" to be unfair.

If there was anything for her to legitimately whine about, I thought it was that they could each have a helper. I agree with the poster up-thread who suggested that a much better assessment of their skills would be to let them have 2 hours on their own, so their abilities (or lack thereof) would be blatantly clear. Of course Korina was such a headcase--way too focused on her perceived unfairness of it all instead of worrying about putting together her best look--that she probably wouldn't have won anyway. Char was cool under pressure and put together a great look, which seemed to be entirely her design even though Sean was clearly instrumental in the sewing. What Korina doesn't seem to realize is that with all those special snowflake self-assessments, she's never going to be self-aware enough to grow past mediocrity.   

• Love 12
She was rude, insulting and outrageously arrogant. Looking over her 11 weeks of products I'd say she has no cause to be so full of herself as if she's the best of the best and no one else can touch her talent. Um... no.

Korina, read this, write it in your Mean Girls diary, and memorize it.  You'll be a better person for it.

• Love 10

I was shocked that a MODEL would be on camera making those kinds of comments.  This is work, yo, and it's still a lot of exposure.  Don't show that side of yourself!

The model overstepped, big time.  I realize her future on the show was tied to Korina's, but she's supposed to be a passive participant.

To answer Korina's question, "did anyone think I was going home tonight?" I believe Amanda did.   She referred to Korina's creation dubiously as "a lot of look -- a lot"

• Love 9
I do not understand why the designers complain about the Tim Gunn save.

Every one of the designers should sit down and think how lucky they were to even get on the show!  Think of the many who applied and should have made it, but some quirk of fate didn't allow it.  So much of it is luck and timing.  No doubt Korina will receive a lot of "helpful messages" for some time to come.  She earned them.

• Love 4

Loved seeing Christian back. He was so young on his season, and you can totally see how much more mature and thoughtful he is now. I thought his comments were on the mark, articulate, and kindly phrased for the most part.

My favorite piece was the yeti painting top Amanda made. It just filled my heart with joy.

When Korina's and Emily's three models stood together on the runway, I yelled out, "Peruvian dolls in costume!" I have a couple in my living room china cabinet. And then Korina said something about Peru, so I guess I at least caught on to her idea. Not at all appealing to me. I also thought Korina herself looked weirdly stumpy and not at all stylish on the runway.

Anyway, I guess we're nearly done with her. Calloo, callay!

• Love 7

If there was anything for her to legitimately whine about, I thought it was that they could each have a helper. I agree with the poster up-thread who suggested that a much better assessment of their skills would be to let them have 2 hours on their own, so their abilities (or lack thereof) would be blatantly clear.

They should have asked them to build fires.

• Love 6

Put me on the WTF Korina? train. What a bitch. I would have pointed out to her that not only was she eliminated, she basically lost TWICE for the same challenge. Once when she got picked to be on the bottom, once to be eliminated. 

Alexander is STILL the Fan Favorite!?!

Is he still on the list to be voted for? How is this possible? It's so stupid.

As for the actual clothes:

Liked
Amanda/Kini gown-Loved the huge skirt & the psychedelic Yeti picture really worked, my favorite look of the night
Sean-Great shoes too
Korina-Loved the sweater
Korina’s new look-I thought it was cute
Char’s new look-Would make a great cocktail dress

Thought Was OK
Amanda-I liked the mix of patterns, but I didn’t like the cut of the pants even though they fit well

Didn’t Like
Kini-Soccer balls, no. Once again I don’t understand the judges.
Emily-Just too much & the jacket still looked like a cushion, my least favorite look of the night. Same thing about the me & the judges.
Char-Looked too uncomfortable
Sean/Char gown-If you can’t walk in it, it’s wrong.
Korina/Emily outfit-The model looked like she fell into the 50% off bin at Goodwill

Edited by GaT
My problem is her projection onto Char, who did nothing to her. She's been talking smack about Char for the past few episodes.

And I recall how she started on Amanda early in the season...talking smack directly TO her.  I'm with Selkie above...finally warming up to Amanda.  I thought she was brought back for The Big Win (I still think so) and didn't like the idea.  Now I'm fine with it...although Kini really should be this season's winner.

I hope Korina's snotty/mean model never works on Project Runway again.  Who does she think she is?  Who does she think she works for?

• Love 6

HEY! KORINA! I hope you are mortified when you see re-runs of the way you acted. If it had been you who received the Tim Gunn Save (oh, sorry...that's inconceivable to you because you can't even believe you didn't win the whole thing anyway) you would have been doing the happy dance!

you were really mean spirited. You acted like you were the only one allowed to have the dream of going to Fashion Week.

It's a competition. It's subjective. Get over yourself.

Edited by eliana1122
  • Love 6

Every one of the designers should sit down and think how lucky they were to even get on the show!  Think of the many who applied and should have made it, but some quirk of fate didn't allow it.

Nope. I'm sorry but we're way past the seasons when anyone should be grateful to be cast on Project Runway, or ANTM, or American Idol or a host of other reality competition shows. I'm not going to sit here and tell the hamsters they should be grateful for getting the chance to be tormented while the show makes of mockery of their profession.

• Love 8

I was kind of hoping Kini would be unfairly eliminated by this point, because: can you imagine the unfairness if he were one of the returning designers assigned as an assistant?

• Love 2