Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: The Highest Bidder

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Even granting the need for a villain and for some drama, I think they've lost some of the fun and camaraderie of the early seasons. Can you see recent contestants agreeing to be the model for another contestant when that contestant's model flakes out? Or something like Santino's songs and the Tim/Andrae/Red Lobster saga? Or Jeffrey putting on Uli's dress and swooping around the workroom like a superhero?

Or something like Santino's songs and the Tim/Andrae/Red Lobster saga? Or Jeffrey putting on Uli's dress and swooping around the workroom like a superhero?

Heeeeeee. I miss all that. Santino, mocking Tim Gunn: "Where's Andrae?" Heeeheheee.

No, I see the more recent groups being more like, "Yeah, good luck with that," if something were to happen to the other contestant's model. No fun, no real bonding. At least, not that we're really shown. The focus is on the hate pairings instead.

Just found this on YouTube when I was looking up what Andrae is doing these days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzUH6wjU46A

Classic. That was so funny, and I loved how Tim even confronted Santino on the joke with such grace and good humor.

I just don't see the current crew having fun like this. I mean, everyone back then was under pressure too but they still laughed and enjoyed themselves. Now it seems everyone's under massive amounts of pressure all the time, especially with the all-the-time tight time constraints, and they don't enjoy the experience. They're so focused on the end goal above all else. And hating each other. It's definitely not as fun to watch as the early seasons of contestants.

After 2 notes to stay on topic, one just this afternoon and on this page?  Apparently we've run out of things to say about this episode, so I'm locking it.  Good thing there's a new episode tonight.

As of 10/11/14 at 8:36 am: I am reopening this thread.  Remember, you can reply in other threads simply by saying "Replying in XYZ thread..." and then actually replying there.

Edited by aquarian1
Unlocked thread and updated post.

Just now watching this episode and not halfway through it.  However, I want to scream that I don't care what Korinna has to say every two seconds.  Good grief, let us have some th's from the other designers, please!   Korinna acts like she is five years old.  I know if she had been brought back from elimination she would have said the elimination was a mistake to begin with.   Also, you can't say it isn't about someone else if you are belittling them.  Have to say I'm glad she is gone and now maybe we can actually hear from the other designers.  She needs to grow up fast.

Edited by kelslamu
  • Love 1