Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: The Highest Bidder

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I just re watched this part. ("cause I have little to no life)

Korina says, "Like at any point, if I thought I was making a mistake, like you guys (she looks at Amanda & Kini), I would have changed it." "Did I ever feel that way? No." "Now it's like a little bit of shock."

Is she insinuating that Tim should have warned her like he warned Kini and Amanda?

When I heard her say that, I actually thought she was both blaming Tim and (inadvertently? probably not)  insulting Amanda and Kini. Because Tim had criticized their looks, suggesting the jacket and the big tablecloth skirt were NOT good ideas, but Amanda and Kini decided, with a little tweaking, to go with those looks anyway. I thought Korina was saying it wasn't fair that they won even when they ignored most of Tim's critique --  had SHE been given the benefit of someone telling her she was making a mistake, she would have changed it.

When I heard her say that, I actually thought she was both blaming Tim and (inadvertently? probably not)  insulting Amanda and Kini. Because Tim had criticized their looks, suggesting the jacket and the big tablecloth skirt were NOT good ideas, but Amanda and Kini decided, with a little tweaking, to go with those looks anyway. I thought Korina was saying it wasn't fair that they won even when they ignored most of Tim's critique --  had SHE been given the benefit of someone telling her she was making a mistake, she would have changed it.

I thought they addressed Tim's critiques by making a ball skirt rather than a draped skirt and quilting the jacket? I could be remembering this wrong.

• Love 1

Did Korina's model actually say anything on camera?  I remember Emily saying the model was chiming in, but I don't remember hearing the model actually say anything about Char.

She said something about Char making a blue dress and that it was ugly.

Edited by Iboatedhere
  • Love 2

I thought Korina was saying it wasn't fair that they won even when they ignored most of Tim's critique --  had SHE been given the benefit of someone telling her she was making a mistake, she would have changed it.

Somehow I doubt she would have. In the past when she was told something wasn't working, she was "at a loss" and didn't want to change it because she thought she was too awesome to be lumped in with the others. Even when Heidi HATED her green dress, Korina barely took their notes; she didn't understand what the problem was and still ended up making a 2nd horrible dress because she wasn't able to step back and change approach. If Tim had critiqued her outfit in last night's challenge, I have the feeling Korina would have dismissed him. She was so steeped in arrogance, she saw absolutely nothing wrong with anything she'd done in that trio of outfits. 

• Love 8

Another thing I noticed about this episode, Char and Sean bid on the bin with the dressers in the hopes that there was something in them. They got it for cheap because nobody else wanted to risk it, and lo and behold, they found all kinds of clothes and fabric rolls in there.

So I didn't quite get why their collection was black with the screen netting and lampshades? Surely there was some more interesting fabric choices they could have made… (unless they thought they'd get more credit for going the unconventional route rather than using the regular fabrics they got)

But all that fabric meant that there HAD to have been something more for Korina to choose from on her final dress than… well, whatever the heck that black and white stuff was. It looked like plastic. Anyone know?

• Love 1

The styling was atrocious (felt hats...really?).

So what does this say about their sponsor, Aldo?  If Aldo didn't have the tacky hats, etc on the accessories wall, the designers couldn't pick them.  I wonder how Aldo feels when the judges sneer at their accessories?

I keep flashing back to the amazing dress Chris March and Christian Sirano made for the avant garde challenge.  It was so spectacular that I remember it however many years ago it was.  There haven't been any designs this season that I remember from one episode to the next, let alone a year later.

• Love 3

"Our girl is a photographer from Bolivia on assignment in the Netherlands...." WHAT? Way to get oddly and I suspect retroactively specific, there. (I may have gotten the countries wrong, but seriously, WHAT?)

Is Korina a better designer than Char? I think so, yes. Is Char a better person than Korina? SO MUCH YES. As everyone else has mentioned, Korina bitching about Char and then, the moment Char opens her mouth, shrieking, "It's not about you! Just stop!" Like Korina is totally the wronged party. Wow. I love that Char and Sean basically laughed in her face, because what else can you do with someone like that?

The preview for next week had me rolling my eyes, with Tim and his expansive hand gestures telling Korina she was with Char. I don't know why it surprises me anymore when this show makes it blatantly clear it's all about drama and not so much about fashion at all, but it still does, every time. Yeesh.

• Love 5

I watch Project Runway online, so the whole business of driving a Lexus and picking out items from a flea market was not there. Instead they bid on items in storage boxes, so I assume they are bidding on items they already picked out in the alternative universe of picking out items from a flea market. It makes no sense to me that they have two different versions.

Huh?  What?   When I sat down to watch the episode, my DVR menu said something about the designers having to go to a flea market.   Then I watched it -- and no flea market.   ????   Did another version air in an alternate universe?

Alexander is STILL the Fan Favorite!?!

How the hell is this happening?!!  How is he beating out Kini who is chockful of good cheer and wondefulness? Or Emily who manages to exude class and maturity while sporting blue hair? Or Sean who has a cute accent at least?!!!

• Love 4

I took it as more she personally had no doubts about how great her look was, that she never once thought it was in any way bad... which is why it was so shocking that the judges hated it. And Tim did offere her some critique on the cape thing, that it was maybe too much...

But she herself had no self doubt, therefore her outfit must be the best.

At least that's how it sounded to me with what she was saying. Maybe Amanda and Kini had expressed some uncertainty at some point with the direction their garments were going??

Which is probably a good thing, part of the 'editing' process that some designers often forget to do... taking a step back and saying, is this really working, even without Tim bringing up any concerns.

• Love 2

If she can use this experience wisely, she can attempt to grow beyond her current emotional/spiritual "level of being." Korina isn't a bad person, she just needs to develop more awareness about and compassion for the feelings of others. I wouldn't be surprised if Korina saw this behavior from one (or both) of her parental figures during her childhood - constantly blaming others and the "outside world" for their own inner shortcomings/challenges. I was raised under these sorts of circumstances, myself, and it took me quite a few years into my adulthood to develop beyond these personal limitations.

At this point Korina is indeed immature and self-centered. But very few people get to see themselves, objectively, under such a bright spotlight. I truly hope she takes advantage of this opportunity to "grow up." Cheers.

With respect and genuine sympathy about your childhood troubles--Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn in reference to Korina. The woman is (and at 30 or whatever she is)  an adult, or should be. If she can't manage that, at least try for professional. And, in all honesty, we all have issues from out childhoods. Everyone does, no exceptions.

I've come later to this thread but it's interesting that the first few pages were 'ding dong, the witch is gone' and now seems to be morphing into 'yes, she wasn't nice but she was stressed, she was tired, she was pissed because Char was being propped up, she's mad because she got the bad edit, the producers pegged her as the villain' and so on.

I'm not buying it, even if all the above may be true (or not). She seems reasonably intelligent and I refuse to believe that she's not familiar with PR--the lack of sleep, the isolation, the long hours, the weird ass challenges. If she didn't understand what she was signing up for, if she hadn't watched some episodes, that she's an idiot of the highest order. If she thought she did know but figured her talent would carry her over the unwashed masses she was competing against, then she's an idiot/delusionoid par excellence. Even accepting her high opinion of her abilities, she's a complete moron if she actually believed that everyone else would suck the big one and she'd be anointed the next messiah of the garment district.

And while the judges may well try to ignore personalities, they're not blind. Anyone recall Heidi's reactions to Kenley? Or Tim's to Wendy Pepper?

She shot herself in her foot all by herself. And, m ore importantly and contrary to popular belief, yes, there is such a thing as bad publicity. Show of hands, please; who out there would hire this person to work for them or agree to work with them, based on what you've seen?

Edited by Beden
  • Love 20

I remember Annie Hall wearing tailored pantsuits with men's ties and hats. 

Korina may be back. These people live in a strange, strange world. Angela Sum is over on twitter posting in support of Korina, and in the course of it she tweeted some inside scoop someone from Under the Gunn apparently gave her about Natalia being "an actress" who "stirred up trouble." So, a) they're still serving that kool aid, and b) Angela (who knows first hand about being portrayed as an emotionally unstable incompetent) drank enough of it to repeat anonymous trash talk publicly, and c) there's some kind of group psychosis going on over there.

Commence massive eye roll in 3......2.....

I've never been a huge fan of Christian, especially in his orignal season, but seeing him back as a judge he wasn't so irritating... so that's a positive thing :)   I thought the judges were pretty on point this week.

The one thing I didn't like about Christian was that every other word out of his mouth was about what "young girls want to wear."  I still abhor the idea that after 30 you turn into some fashion pumpkin.  Just because I can't shop at Forever 21 anymore, doesn't mean I don't want to look fashionable

IIRC, they were allowed to pick their helpers. I'm pretty sure Heidi said something like "You can have a helper, your old partner or whoever you choose to help you".

I don't think so, I only remember her saying that you could have a helper, your old partner.  Someone else said, and I agree, if you could choose a helper, both women would have spent about 15 minutes fighting over Kini.  He then would have completed both of their looks in the remaining 45 minutes.

Aren't there designers clamouring all the time that it's "fashion" and doesn't have to be wearable?  Yes, it was hard for the model to walk, but is it "editorial" that would look good in a fashion spread or whatever?

While I found Sean and char's stuff kind of boring, there were some interesting elements, in addition to some use of unconventional materials in an interesting way.

Thats sort of what I thought about Sean's too.  I think he admitted the dress wasn't exactly what he wanted, but they didn't  really have much time with the third look, and it was pretty much on him to come up with it on his own.  Char needed every second to complete her look.  He said he could have taken out  a panel to make it more comfortable, but he hoped that the judges could see the design elements and creativity behind the look and appreciate that.  As far as the model, it seemed like she could have walked a little better in it, but she didn't want to make noise.  I remember Heidi saying something like "I would have just let it make the noise and walked in it" or something to that effect.

What I meant was if Heidi could see faces during the one hour challenge runway, it made me think she could during the normal "blind" runways.  

I think the normal runways are taped once with only the judges, and the second time with only the contestants.  I think this "one hour challenge" runway had the judges and the contestants together.  So normally Heidi shouldn't be able to see reactions, but with the one hour challenge runway she could. 

Another thing I noticed about this episode, Char and Sean bid on the bin with the dressers in the hopes that there was something in them. They got it for cheap because nobody else wanted to risk it, and lo and behold, they found all kinds of clothes and fabric rolls in there.

So I didn't quite get why their collection was black with the screen netting and lampshades? Surely there was some more interesting fabric choices they could have made… (unless they thought they'd get more credit for going the unconventional route rather than using the regular fabrics they got)

But all that fabric meant that there HAD to have been something more for Korina to choose from on her final dress than… well, whatever the heck that black and white stuff was. It looked like plastic. Anyone know?

When Char said that "there has to be something good in those drawers" I was like "OMG! She is right, I hadn't even thought about that!"  Char may not be the strongest designer, but in that moment it seems like she really thought on her feet, because I think I would have just been like "eww, a blanket an some office drawers, boo!"  Korina had more to choose from, but she was so angry at Nina for saying something about her southwestern motif that she immediately went to whatever black and white she could find.  If she had thought about it a little, she might have been able to come up with something that could make use of the actual material.

• Love 2

Unless I'm suffering from false memories, I remember Korina bitching on almost every show this season...sewing-bitching, cutting-bitching, relaxing in the hotel-bitching. She's a pretty girl/woman and people have let her get away with this type of behavior all her life.  Here I am, typing-bitching. 

• Love 9

Just because I can't shop at Forever 21 anymore, doesn't mean I don't want to look fashionable

Thank you. I'd also like to add that I don't really want to shop at Century 21, now or ever. I'm decades away from 'girl' but I know damn well that I like well designed, well made clothes using good fabrics...and, luckily for me, am at a stage of my life where I can buy them. Some designer doesn't want my money? Fine by me, there are plenty who do.

• Love 5

9qntnrx.gif

Swatch making a run for it.... Probably hadn't heard that Korina sent packing, and afraid if she showed up at Mood again, he might get hurt!! Korina was definitely mad enough that she could have done something sooooo sinister as to "kick the dog" !!

• Love 10

I don't feel that Korina was robbed at all. Aside from her lousy attitude, If we take her premise that Char should not be there, then what would make her sure that she wouldn't still be on the bottom and going home? I dare say had Tim not used the save on Char but waited and used it on korina she wouldn't turn it down suggesting that SHE shouldn't still be there.

C21 is also a high-end discount clothes store in NY. Think Filene's Basement with menswear and couture tacked on.

Who knew? I had no idea. I wonder which came first, the discount clothing store or the realtor company. *GRIN* Thanks for the info.

Right from the start I thought they were telegraphing Korina's ousting when the very first TH of the show was her saying, "I'm feeling pretty confident!" I didn't think we'd be getting that lucky, but shockingly enough, we did.

The most hilarious -- and telling -- part of the episode for me was Korina sitting in the designer's lounge saying, "Did anyone see this coming? Did anyone think that this is what would happen today?" Clearly, this is someone so narcissistic and enamored with herself that she just can't believe everyone else isn't as well. 

OMG, I just laughed when she did that. Did you see everyone's faces when she said it? They were all thinking "of course I did". It really never occurred to Korina that she could be eliminated because she was just so good. 

• Love 3

I do not mind drama. This was not drama. This was a very immature, sour person attempting to make sure that everyone else in her orbit felt at least as bad as she did. Based on Char's meltdown after the second runway judging, I would say that Korina succeeded.

• Love 6

How the hell is this happening?!!  How is he beating out Kini who is chockful of good cheer and wondefulness? Or Emily who manages to exude class and maturity while sporting blue hair? Or Sean who has a cute accent at least?!!!

I feel like we need a sticky. Alexander is winning because his university classmates organized an effort to win him fan favorite every week by having everyone vote during the episode. 

• Love 3

9qntnrx.gif

Swatch making a run for it.... Probably hadn't heard that Korina sent packing, and afraid if she showed up at Mood again, he might get hurt!! Korina was definitely mad enough that she could have done something sooooo sinister as to "kick the dog" !!

Swatch is no longer there.  This dog is Oscar de la Renta.  :D

Alexander is winning because his university classmates organized an effort to win him fan favorite every week by having everyone vote during the episode. 

I have serious taste issues with the students of Alexander's alma mater. 

• Love 9

I have serious taste issues with the students of Alexander's alma mater. 

I just find the whole thing sad.  Its like they realized he wasn't going to win the competition because he isn't that talented, so they just aimed for "Ms. Congeniality"

• Love 2

I would love to see Korina and Helen in a room together.

As happy as I am to see Korina leave, Char does not deserve to be there.

There is nothing of any interest left to see this season design wise, at least. Next week's drama should be fun to watch.

• Love 2

Thank you, Christian Siriano! for confirming that I am not nuts (unless, of course, we are both nuts).  Every week I've thought Korina's clothes looked ill-fitting.  Yet, not one comment from any of the judges all season.  Hell, they even cooed a bit about K's outfit, but then Christian pointed out that the top and skirt were both ill-fitting.  How does that go unremarked all season?  Loved his insistence on the tired obviousness of Sean/Char's designs as well.  Let him become the new gorgeous Georgina, please?   

Korina's behavior, I think, was the most reprehensible display I have ever seen on this show- and there has been a lot of unconscionable behavior over the years.  She out-Gretched Gretchen, which is some feat, although in fairness Gretchen probably would have at least matched her in defeat.  The delusional sense of entitlement was amusing to this viewer, but the rudeness to Char was beyond the pale.  Good on Char for calling her out.  And Tim's "glad we got rid of that mess" reaction at the end was spot on.

Emily's calm, mature dissection of Korina's personality was a breath of fresh air.  However, I agree with Tim.  All I saw in that top was a chair cushion cover.  I did not get the judges' love for it. 

As for the show, the editing telegraphed from the start that Kini/Amanda were going to win.  They certainly earned it and I always enjoy watching a team collaborate respectfully and joyfully.  I loved the trashbag dress.  The bottom worked so perfectly with the graffiti top that it became a stellar look.  I wished someone would have commented on how perfectly those materials worked together.  I liked the soccer ball dress, but I wish he would have done something with the bar code and brand label pieces.  They were too randomly dispersed on the dress. 

• Love 2

With an hour to work, Korina was insane to make a full on muslin pattern of a dress. Not to mention that her 437 pattern pieces could have been better done in eight. Careful placement of the color blocking seams and some skilled pattern making could have made that dress in 8 pieces- princess seaming it was a poor choice that called attention to the crappy fabric. In my mind, the only acceptable way to produce something decent in an hour would be to start by draping in the final fabric. I think the judges would have excused a little bit of unfinished-ness if the majority of the concept and execution was solid, so draping would be the way to go. I noticed Char's dress had a little fold-over detail at the bottom of the neckline between the breasts- that's a shortcut solution to dealing with the extra fabric on the bust usually managed by darts or seaming, and the kind of thing that suggests they made good use of the little time.

I think all the remaining designers have benefited directly or indirectly from the fact that the judges have been smoking peyote all season. Korina and Amanda have both been in the top or won for awful work, and they've both had work that should've gotten them auf'd but didn't. In the meantime, other designers were sent home for mediocre work when there were real turds that should've gone home instead. Personally, I'm mad that anyone was sent home before Amanda or Sandhya. Imagine if Korina had lost to Sandhya in the sew-off? Then I could maybe understand her anger! Though honestly, I haven't seen anything interesting or exciting from anyone this season.

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 3

I've watched every season of this stupid show. I know they've done the one hour runway thing in the past. I guess my issue is that it's not like the Tim Gunn save which they won't shut the hell up about. I'm sure it's embedded somewhere in the contract (that most people probably don't read because if people read contracts Apple wouldn't own all of our souls right now) if not in plain terms then in some kind of vague wording about production having the right to organize things as they see fit. The Tim Gunn save is now a part of the show. The one hour runway or the whole... go home and make a collection with less money and we'll decide which one of you actually gets to show your whole collection at fashion week is some bullshit. I don't care if there's precedent, it's still something you can't be entirely prepared for because they could spring that on you at any point just to have things go their way. As far as we know this could have happened at any point in the season if someone they liked was in danger of going home. 

• Love 1

I think many of us are remembering the Bravo years through rose-colored glasses. Even in Season 1 there was a lot of drama: "Project Drunkway", Morgan the undependable model, Wendy Pepper and the missing photo of her daughter, and of course Shoegate. It's just that the designers then were so much more talented than  the lackluster wannabes now, we tend to remember the clothes. I find it really hard to care who gets auffed, they're all so boring.

• Love 8

Way too much producer manipulation this season.

I really wish the models would walk bare-faced, because the Mary Kay cosmetics make them look awful. I was really cringing over the lipstick colors last night.

• Love 4

I was confused by this, too.  The black dresser in there was shown to be full of fabric, like new fabric on rolls, it looked like.  But Sean told the judges he made the packing blanket coat because it was the only thing in there.  And then the black & screen dresses?  

I assumed Korina and Char were stuck with their own leftover fabrics, though.  Which, when you stick someone with their same original fabrics and partner, it's almost just perpetuating the handicap from round one.  

I have a feeling they meant to do a flea market challenge but realized filming all those people and booths would be a release nightmare so they filled the bins themselves from flea market finds?  

I assumed Korina and Char were stuck with their own leftover fabrics, though.  Which, when you stick someone with their same original fabrics and partner, it's almost just perpetuating the handicap from round one.  

I'm pretty sure Tim said they could use any fabric left over from not only this challenge, but also all of the previous challenges... so that should have left a lot of options, even if there wasn't much that would have been big pieces of fabric. They had tables of stuff to pick through, including some random unconventional materials from the storage units.  Maybe Korina could have put a pinwheel or two on her dress to make it look better....

• Love 6

I've watched every season of this stupid show. I know they've done the one hour runway thing in the past. I guess my issue is that it's not like the Tim Gunn save which they won't shut the hell up about. I'm sure it's embedded somewhere in the contract (that most people probably don't read because if people read contracts Apple wouldn't own all of our souls right now) if not in plain terms then in some kind of vague wording about production having the right to organize things as they see fit. The Tim Gunn save is now a part of the show. The one hour runway or the whole... go home and make a collection with less money and we'll decide which one of you actually gets to show your whole collection at fashion week is some bullshit. I don't care if there's precedent, it's still something you can't be entirely prepared for because they could spring that on you at any point just to have things go their way. As far as we know this could have happened at any point in the season if someone they liked was in danger of going home. 

You really can't be entirely prepared for the TG save, you also can't know what challenges you're going to get besides unconventional materials, avant garde and couture gown, you can't know what challenges they are going to ask you for a third look.  So there are a lot of things on PR that you can't prepare for.  Things like asking for a third look is something that also has precedent, but would be hard to prepare for because you don't know when its coming.  I was certain certain that they were going to demand an additional look in the American Girl challenge...something for the doll, but they didn't.  They, for some reason, did it on this challenge.

So, the dress in an hour thing seems like a fair way to break a true tie.  It may not be the best way, but I think its fair, especially since its been done before so they are on notice that it could happen

I really wish the models would walk bare-faced, because the Mary Kay cosmetics make them look awful. I was really cringing over the lipstick colors last night.

Ugh, that is the truth.  I know some people like Mary Kay, so I'm just gonna say that I don't think the colors translate well on TV.  Maybe they look rich and amazing in real life, and the colors seem pigmented, but they come off so garish on TV.

Although credit to handlebar for really trying to sell it.

• Love 3

Buh bye, Korina.  What a heinous bitch.  I never liked one thing she did anyway, even that jacket that everyone else went nuts over. 

I'll just say it.  My favorite piece was that colorful sweater of Emily's that they all hated. 

• Love 3

I would love to see Korina and Helen in a room together.

As happy as I am to see Korina leave, Char does not deserve to be there.

There is nothing of any interest left to see this season design wise, at least. Next week's drama should be fun to watch.

Don't forget to add Gretchen and Kenley to that room.

• Love 3

Korina's looked like a street person on a cold night, like she had broken into a clothes donation bin and piled on anything she could to stay warm, including an ugly blanket wrapped around her ass.  And her model has constant bitchface.  Of course her model's face is reflective of Korina's personality, so there's that.  I won't miss her.

• Love 4

I know it's been said in other episode thread, but I just love how down and dirty Zac gets with the clothes, like he can't keep his hands off of them.

Yes!  And that is why I forgive Zac for any forced pun or negative comment.  I believe that clothes are his passion.  I believe that he wants everything that comes down the runway to excite him.  I believe that he wants the designers to succeed, every time.  He's disappointed when they don't.  

• Love 9

What bothers me is Nina accusing Korina of continously sending southwestern looks down the runway when the only other design that kind of qualified was that green and black finged dress she made or the unconventional challenge.  Korina called her out on that and I really can't blame her.

• Love 5

I believe that in the past when they had the one hour challenge the designers did not get any help.  I think that was a mistake this time as Sean really seemed to save Char in the challenge.  Oh well.  Although I've already stated it, it bears repeating-I'm glad that Korina is out...

• Love 2

Ideally they both should have been sent home last night.. 

Korinna has a horrible attitude, her designs haven't been good, she's continuously had to change her look because she couldn't execute it properly in the time given, and has sent unfinished garments down the runway on more than one occasion. not to mention on every challenge she had to complain that it wasn't her aesthetic.. 

Char has terrible (for this competition) sewing skills and has been in the bottom far too often.  She was saved once before and hasn't really shown she deserves to still be there so it was time for her to go back home (especially after two challenges in a row in the bottom 2)

as for Korinna being pissed about the Tim Gunn save on Char, I can't really blame her.. I think the purpose of the TG Save is to save a designer who maybe had a bad week but was otherwise really good and the judges couldn't make up an excuse to keep them.  

I'm sorry, but Char has never been that person so he really did waste it on her. It more should have been used on a Sean or Kini if one of them got into trouble and was sent home. I don't think at this point either of them would be sent home because it's pretty obvious they are the top two of this competition.  

Emily and Char should really be the next two to go (or even Amanda instead of Emily) 

• Love 3

I think many of us are remembering the Bravo years through rose-colored glasses. Even in Season 1 there was a lot of drama: "Project Drunkway", Morgan the undependable model, Wendy Pepper and the missing photo of her daughter, and of course Shoegate. It's just that the designers then were so much more talented than the lackluster wannabes now, we tend to remember the clothes. I find it really hard to care who gets auffed, they're all so boring.

And S2 had the 13th look challenge right before the final designers were about to show at fashion week. I agree, this show has always had some level of drama and manipulations. While it has certainly increased in recent seasons, to me the real difference is that they used to give the designers more time, so it increased the likelihood that something amazing could walk the runway. Now, it just feels like they're all swimming against the tide.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't use the "reinvent a bad look" tiebreaker that they have done in various incarnations on both regular PR and, to even greater success, on PR: AS. I actually really loved when they had Uli and Joshua take the critiques and revise their couture pieces in the 60 minute challenge. Both looks improved drastically. You still had the drama of another challenge, but the looks were actually GOOD in that case. As opposed to passable-given-the-time-constraints.

• Love 1

Jumping out of lurking for a minute:

I also agree with Nina that the cape/hat ensemble was a 70's throwback.  I think my mom had that pattern w/ the same "Annie Hall" looking model- cape, hat, boots.  Only difference is the pattern showed the model wearing corduroy knickers (remember those?)

I thought it looked like a bad knock off of something Loni Anderson wore as Jennifer Marlow in WKRP in Cinncinatti--including the hat. (It's in an episode called "The Baby".  If I knew how to screen cap, I would). 

• Love 3

Maybe Korina could have put a pinwheel or two on her dress to make it look better....

I don't know if I have it in me to like her, but if she was determined to flip off the judges, I would at least have admired that one thing if her do-over dress had been a vinyl house coat topped with random metallic debris and pinwheels...

Edited by Julia
  • Love 5

I just find the whole thing sad.  Its like they realized he wasn't going to win the competition because he isn't that talented, so they just aimed for "Ms. Congeniality"

On the other hand, I find it kind of sweet that so many people are voting for Alexander.  It's the one direct action they can take to help him on the show, and bless their hearts, they are doing it.  But it did seem strange for him to win *again* this week.

Korina doesn't have a leg to stand on in the Tim Gunn Save-gate.  It's his choice, it's not supposed to be fair or even defensible.  The person he wants to get it, gets the save.  It turned out to be Char, not Korina.  And if she had a problem with the extra time to fix the zipper, Korina should have said something.  But she didn't.  So, she should stop harping on how Tim "saved Char twice."  She still could have gone home last episode.

It was delightful to see Amanda and Kini's teamwork - the moment they knew they had to rework the garment, they started figuring out ways to do so.  No deep sighs or bitter tears.  Nary a "woe is me."

• Love 6

I completely disagree with all "Char is a weaker designer" comments.  I will concede that her sewing skills are not as good but when push came to shove, you have one hour, show us what you got, Char was, hands down, the better designer.  She came up with an idea she could make work and she made it work.  Sure, Sean suggested she maybe not go short and form fitting, but, correct me if I'm wrong, that blue dress sure looked short and form fitting if you ask me.  Short and form fitting AND flowy.  OK, maybe not super short.  Char also won with a cape!  Hahahahahahahaha!  Char beat Korina with a better designed cape!  

Thinking back to the ugly green dress for Heidi and the ugly green in the shirt this week - does Korina maybe have difficulty seeing the color green?  That wouldn't necessarily be the death knell for a designer, but she should probably avoid green in the future.   

• Love 11