Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: The Highest Bidder

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I'm actually sort of excited for this.  Its like an unconventional materials challenge: Part Deux.  I have always adored the creativity that comes from the unconventional materials challenge. I hate that they want to do this in groups (boo!), but I really, really, really hope they give them more than a day

I hope it's not another challenge where they have to use car parts...and I like the creativity of the unconventional challenges as well. The floral, grocery store, candy ones--lots of fun. Car parts, not so much.

• Love 1

Yay! I'm so happy they ended up liking Kini and Amanda's collection. He is my favorite to win. Honestly, he's been my favorite almost since the beginning.

Yes, Korina is mean. But she's also kind of right. Char didn't deserve to stay. She hasn't produced anything that great. You can't just eliminate people because they're jerks. Shut it, Emily. It's not like this is Face Off. You didn't want to help her because of the things she was saying? Even if I don't like her I can acknowledge that she's a better designer than Char.

Production's back to it's old tricks stirring up drama next week. Oh, Korina and Char just happen to be on the same team, huh?

• Love 10

Wow, Korina is an even nastier piece of work than I thought she was.  She's just awful all the way around.  She can't take criticism  or accept responsibility for her actions, and she way overestimated her talent.  This is what she wants her clients to see?  A petty little person who deflects at every opportunity?

• Love 23

She's going on and on about Char and then tells her "It's not about you"  What?  Well then stop talking about her!

Exactly!  That's so passive aggressive I can't stand it!  She is a master manipulator.

• Love 10

Korina is a deeply unpleasant person and an extremely bad sport and I'm glad that she was eliminated.  She was practically crowing over how awesome her cape was and the judges hated it.  She thinks she's better then evertone else--certainly better then Emily and Char-- and no one else deserves to be there.

Looks like you're wrong, Korina!

Kini's soccer ball dress was beyond brilliant--I'm glad he won :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 18

Wait, I missed the end... I thought Korina left? How can she and Char be on the same team next week??

I'm rewatching now because American Airlines is a time suck and made me mostly miss the last half hour, but WTF happened? Did NEITHER go home?

Wow, that was a stank attitude fest from Korina! Until she rolled her eyes during the second challenge runway I still didn't think they would seriously send her home. I don't blame Tim for his behavior when he came in to send her to pack up - he just walked in on her bitching about the save and being really mean to Char. There have been contestants in the past that you knew he wanted to say "don't the door hit you" as they left and he was nicer to Korina than that. Even though she deserved that in the end.

Did Kini get NO input on the bidding? He let Amanda take over for that crazy painting and that was all she wrote.

PepperMonkey - in the preview for next week, the bring back eliminated designers and pair them with current ones. So of course it's Korina with Char.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 3

Alexander is STILL the Fan Favorite!?!

I knew it!  I stated in last week's thread that they probably made that video and had graphics for all of the designers.  They probably just keep playing Alexander's over and over again because someone either forgot or doesn't care or is too lazy to change the graphic.  I don't think Alexander ever 'won' fan favorite.  His is just the graphic that got stuck in the video that keeps getting repeated without updating.  That's my theory, anyway.

Oh and bye Katrina.

• Love 9

Wait, I missed the end... I thought Korina left? How can she and Char be on the same team next week??

I'm rewatching now because American Airlines is a time suck and made me mostly miss the last half hour, but WTF happened? Did NEITHER go home?

Korina was eliminated, but they are bringing back some of the designers who have not made it to assist those who remain on the next project.

Yes, Korina is a humongous bitch, but overall her work has been better than Char's all along. I think based on the looks the 2 sent down the runway for the 1 hour challenge, the outcome was fair, but overall, I think Korina deserved to stay. Every one of those designers, except Char, knows that Char can barely get a look together in time for the runway. This whole thing is so over the top, including the bit they showed from next week's episode, that it makes me wonder if they paid Korina something to act out just to stir up controversy. The way they focused on her so much from the start and then Tim saving a contestant that just did not deserve to be saved.... Oh, well, I guess it worked. I'll be watching next week.

What is with Tim's critiques? Every time he singles out something he doesn't like, the judges love it.

• Love 13

Korina is the most entitled, hateful, delusional person I have ever seen on Reality TV. A couple of her badly sewn designs have been in the top and she acts like she's the next Vera Wang! Can't stand her.

She takes her disappointment out on others, which makes her a horrible person. Remember how mean she was to Amanda the first time she landed in the bottom.

To continually berate Char...whine that Char had already been eliminated.. then say it's not about Char when Char dares to stick up for self...I just can't with her. So glad she's not in the competition anymore.

• Love 22

Loved Kini's soccer ball dress and he always has a great attitude. Really hope he wins. Amanda did a good job this episode, but I didn't like her appearance on Nashville last night which makes me think she is more interested in fame than fashion. Didn't like any of the other looks and Sean should have been in on the make a last minute dress challenge. Making clothes where the model can't walk is ridiculous. 

My DVR cut out at the very end but wasn't Korina eliminated? Why are people talking about her coming back. Char is not as good as Korina, but she made a better dress in the last minute challenge. Korina was too mad that she had to actually compete in a competition. 

• Love 3

Psychedelic Yeti from a Japanese pop group for the win! This episode was so delightfully stupid.

I'm just throwing my hands up for this season and will watch the train wreck.

Too bad they didn't bring Tyra Banks out to give Korina a "How Dare You!" speech. 

• Love 13
I think based on the looks the 2 sent down the runway for the 1 hour challenge, the outcome was fair, but overall, I think Korina deserved to stay. Every one of those designers, except Char, knows that Char can barely get a look together in time for the runway.

Neither of them were going to win so it doesn't matter to me, except I find Korina so entitled and unpleasant, I was glad to see her go first because ... KARMA!

• Love 15

Did Kini get NO input on the bidding? He let Amanda take over for that crazy painting and that was all she wrote.

Yeah. That threw me off. I thought for some reason that Amanda, Sean, and Emily were the team captains.

Char accepted the added challenge without complaint

I guess I'm more forgiving when the hamsters fight back against the bullshit. Yes, if you signed up for it, you should try to go along with it but I'm not going to get furious if you refuse to bow to Nina and her incessant use of the word "ethnic" to describe anything she doesn't understand.

Char is not as good as Korina, but she made a better dress in the last minute challenge.

Did she? Or did Sean make the better dress?

• Love 15

Yes,Char, how dare you defend yourself to Korina while she belittled your existence? People who enter these reality contests and then complain about their unfairness kill me. While Char's original garment was pretty boring, Korina's was laughably awful. Her model is quite a bit taller than the others anyway but that outfit made her look like the broad side of a barn.

That being said, Char is obviously being propped up. I am not shedding any tears for hateful Korina, though.

I cringe from second hand embarrassment whenever the designers start talking about their "girl" and all the zany situations they are dressing her for. And I was fully prepared to kick in my tv if Amanda or Kini said the phrase "psychedelic yeti" one more time.

• Love 9

Korina is the most entitled, hateful, delusional person I have ever seen on Reality TV. A couple of her badly sewn designs have been in the top and she acts like she's the next Vera Wang! Can't stand her.

I don't think Char is an outstanding designer, but I can't remember that much about Korina's looks either. I think there were a couple of motorcycle jackets.

What I remember more are Korina's attitude and comments. That's not a good thing.

I can appreciate that Korina defended her looks because she has a particular aesthetic. I don't agree with Nina that Korina is the only contestant who falls back on it.

You can defend your aesthetic without tearing down another designer's. Even if you're in the right, it's never a good idea to act mean and bitter.

Potential clients might watch the show and think twice about ever hiring you based off your show persona: whether it's really you or a producer manipulation.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 16

I just love Sean. When Karina was insulting him and Char on the runway, he just laughed and flexed his muscles and said "ooo!"  The rerun is going on now and Sean can voice his opinion without being snotty. Kini's and Amanda's was great, especially the soccer ball dress. Their collection is the kind of design I like to see on Project Runway.  It was joyous. I liked Emily's and Korina's while they were constructing it, but then on the runway Korina's were just too much. Her outfits looked like stage costume stereotypes of southwestern. The hats were bad.

It's weird, what we've seen of Korina on the previous episodes was just a hint of what she was really like. And the way Char was crying at the end, that final runway must have been really bad and we just saw a fraction of it.

• Love 14

While I don't think Emily will make it to the end, I like her personality and her comments about Korina were spot on. I'm glad that one of the designers said what I've been thinking since the first episode.

This. While I haven't loved a lot of Emily's designs ( though I think a lot were well constructed, which I like), I liked her comments tonight regarding Korina and even Korina's model. I liked her the other week with Sandhya during Sandhya's pity party.

Oh Korina, you could not even have a graceful exit from the show. Bitching about Char and then when she stands up for her self continues on with the whole "it is not about her" remark. Seriously? Seriously if Korina got the save she would be all for it. Honestly, I really do not care who knocked Korina out of the competition, just glad someone finally did before fashion week.

I was glad Char stood up for herself with Korina. It isn't her fault that Tim saved her. I do think Char does have self-awareness. I forgot what she said this episode (too much merlot), but it made me take note that she knows she is very lucky in regards to being saved.

I loved Kini's soccer ball dress. I am glad he won, because for awhile there I thought Sean was running away with this competition. I do think Sean or Amanda will win, but I love Kini best.

• Love 12

I didn't like anything on the runway except for Emily's outfit.  I thought Kini and Amanda's were ridiculous, especially those pink pants.  The quilted jacket did look hooker, sorry Kini.

Korina's look was so heavy, and I hated the skirt.  The cape had too much crap on it. 

Sean and Char's looked really dated.

Funny how the best thing after Emily's was Char's one hour dress (JMHO).

• Love 3

Korina is just a nasty, entitled woman with an inflated opinion of her skill level. Why is her lack of respect for Char supposed to determine final outcome of a challenge? I fear that Korina and her large mouth will reappear on a future season.

I'm not a fan of the Tim Gunn Save but I would much rather watch Char than Korina. I wouldn't buy anything that either of them have designed so give me a pleasant person rather than repeated THs describing your own "fabulousness." Korina is so lacking in self-awareness that she can't understand that Char's maturity and good attitude is one reason that she was awarded the save.

And I call BS on the manipulative pairing that we saw in the preview.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 8

I totally disagree that Korina is a better designer than Char.  They are both middle of the pack.  The big difference is that Korina has delusions of grandeur of herself.  I would much rather work with someone like Char than a mean girl like Korina.

• Love 16

I honestly didn't have much opinion on Korina before this week.  She just was there.  Man, was she obnoxious though this week.  I have no problem with her leaving, although I do think she is more talented than Char.  So many talented designers have been eliminated early, but have used their experience to go on to bigger things.  Korina's attitude may hurt her in that respect.

Have no problem with Korina's model going either.  Her attitude and those weird pouty lips were a major turn off.

I really liked Amanda and Kini's collection.  I don't always like her stuff, but Amanda really does amuse me.  

Liked the simplicity of Char and Sean's stuff, but that  lampshade skirt was awful.

Loved Char's last blue dress.

• Love 7

I agree that Korina is a horrible human being and she has made my blood boil since basically the premiere episode of this season.

But this? Was all sorts of wrong.

1. Char should have NEVER been saved. I thought the Tim Gunn Save was supposed to be based on talent as a fashion designer. You know, someone who got it wrong one challenge and merited a second chance. But I have seen nothing from Char outside of her being a great person. Her looks have been average to bottom. What that have to do with a design competition?

2. The helper bullshit. Gee, that was totally fair. Sean sure was elated to not only help sew, but basically serve as co-designer for the weaker competition and use it to his advantage. Emily clearly is on the Tim Gunn philosophy that Project Runway is a humanitarian award.

Again, I hate Korina but I can't help feeling she got robbed.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 22

One thing I realized tonight when Korina kept saying she wanted to go to Fashion Week - while the show is being filmed, the designers don't know how close you have to be to the end to go to Fashion Week.  Once the show is airing, we can find out when Fashion Week is and figure out how many decoys there will be, but the designers don't know where the cutoff will be. 

Forgot to say - Char was helped at the end, not just by Sean, but also by using his model. I think he has the best model.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1

Sean was absolutely adorable throughout this episode. His zinger at the end about helping Char so she would be an easy sheep to the slaughter...and then his "ZING!" or whatever. HAHA. 

• Love 15