Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: The Highest Bidder

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Morgan the undependable model

Oh man... I'd almost forgotten about her! Poor Jay. He had to put up with so much from her, including her destroying his work by wearing it out clubbing.

I wonder what she's doing these days.  

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

I just finished watching it, a day late, and I RACED over here to see what everybody would say, lol! You haven't let me down. Honestly, how do other people watch tv without including this in their viewing routine?!

Anyway. . .The only piece I loved was Amanda's Yeti top. The piece I disliked most was Emily's mishmash, because the only thing I could see was the back of an upholstered chair, but my opinion of her as a human being is very high. What a nice person. But that tie belt. Really, you've got to be a saintly nice person for people to overlook that belt. Fortunately and apparently, she is.

Did you notice Amanda quietly crying into her hand at the end? This must have been very hard on most of them, although I think Sean, bless him, was kind of having a ball. I felt very bad for Char in the preview, because of how Korina acted as if she'd been directed to help a leper change his bandages. None of this has been Char's fault, and it's shitty of the producers to subject her to more of it, as they did for next week's ep.

I feel very guilty for enjoying the hell out of all of it.

• Love 5

What bothers me is Nina accusing Korina of continously sending southwestern looks down the runway when the only other design that kind of qualified was that green and black finged dress she made or the unconventional challenge.  Korina called her out on that and I really can't blame her.

I remember the red jacket/vest thing (which I liked), then there was the unconventional materials challenge with her Thunderbird where she had immunity.  I don't remember a fringed dress, so that might be a third.  And then last night would have been the fourth.  Korina kept whining that she had only done a southwestern theme once before.  She has at least done it twice.  Maybe three times.  And then there have been various iterations of the motorcycle jacket.

as for Korinna being pissed about the Tim Gunn save on Char, I can't really blame her.. I think the purpose of the TG Save is to save a designer who maybe had a bad week but was otherwise really good and the judges couldn't make up an excuse to keep them.  

I'm sorry, but Char has never been that person so he really did waste it on her. It more should have been used on a Sean or Kini if one of them got into trouble and was sent home. I don't think at this point either of them would be sent home because it's pretty obvious they are the top two of this competition.  

Emily and Char should really be the next two to go (or even Amanda instead of Emily) 

Was there ever a discussion of what exactly the TG save was meant to be?  I feel like when he used it on Justin, nothing Justin had sent down the runway was super successful, and the glue gun thing was just the hottest of hot messes he had sent down.  I mean, I know what I want the Tim Gunn save to be, but if the judges want to save someone they seem to know exactly how to do it.  Fashion is subjective, its not like a scantron test, there is a lot of discretion.  I thought it was just for when TG disagreed with the judges decision to send someone home.  I think if there were terms and conditions assigned to the TG save it would be a different story.  And in a perfect world IMO, he would have saved it for Fade, for the avant garde challenge where Fade had a difficult time.  

And when he used it on Justin, at that point, he saw something that no one else saw in Justin, and I think he turned out to be right.  I thought Justin's collection was beautiful, and so i was happy that TG saved him.

But if the TG save is something that is used solely at Tim's discretion, it seems as though he can use it for any reason he really wants to.

Oh man... I'd almost forgotten about her! Poor Jay. He had to put up with so much from her, including her destroying his work by wearing out clubbing.

I wonder what she's doing these days.  

A line of cocaine?

• Love 7
And I call BS on the manipulative pairing that we saw in the preview.

But...but... if they don't team them up, how will we get to the totally unscripted and unpredictable scenes where Korina-- who's so resistant at first-- will suddenly have a new appreciation for Char and the two are all hug-and-make-up?

It'll almost be like a scene out of nighttime network soap opera like Nashville... you know, the show where Amanda pops up in a cameo this week, like, gosh, totally thwarting those "Amanda's being given advantages on PR this season 'cause she's got Hollywood connections" rumors.

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 4

"The woman is (and at 30 or whatever she is)  an adult, or should be. If she can't manage that, at least try for professional. And, in all honesty, we all have issues from out childhoods. Everyone does, no exceptions."

The point is that very few people have the ability to so see themselves as they really are, or as others see them. Which is why this is such a rare and fortunate gift for Korina. If she will use it wisely to begin to change who she is as a human being, then it will be well worth the "public humiliation." But if she just blows the whole thing off with something like, "the editors made me look bad" type of nonsense that some of these reality show people do after some bad behavior in front of the world, then it will be a wasted opportunity. But it's all up to her. The only person we can change is ourselves. And I'd like to "see her" use this experience as a wake up call to try and become a more compassionate person, which won't benefit just her, but all the thousands of people she will be interacting with for the rest of her life. Cheers. 

• Love 5

Tim Gunn told Jon Stewart that the Tim Gunn save was based on his convincing the judges to give Michelle (who, apparently, has gone back to her maiden name, so that's going to be an interesting story) another chance because he thought she was too awesome to be sent home for blowing off the challenge. Repeatedly.

I really hope Kini wins this whole mess of a season. I may not have liked all of his designs, but damn if that boy doesn't have MAD skills.

I thought Amanda's was absolutely hideous. Giving someone a "long ass" is never flattering, ugh.

I believe that Korina is more talented than Char, no question. I do love Char as a person, but I find her designs very amateurish and "mallish".

• Love 3

Did you notice Amanda quietly crying into her hand at the end?

Amanda tweeted a message to Project Runway fans on September 25th asking them to back off Korina because "personal attacks aren't cool" and "she's a very dear friend of mine" or something to that effect.

What I really admired about the Amanda/Kini team is that there wasn't any reek of competitiveness in their teamwork or afterwards.   It was like they simply enjoyed what they were doing, and it was very refreshing.

I like Emily for the same reason.   Very laid back.  Quietly confident without a compulsion to inflict that confidence on the viewers at home.

Maybe that's the difference between maturity and ... Korina.

• Love 5

Amanda tweeted a message to Project Runway fans on September 25th asking them to back off Korina because "personal attacks aren't cool" and "she's a very dear friend of mine" or something to that effect.

Hmm... why should Korina be exempt from criticism? She's certainly not spared any of her competitors, as we saw all season and most especially in last night's episode. I don't feel sorry for her one bit.

• Love 12

Tim Gunn told Jon Stewart that the Tim Gunn save was based on his convincing the judges to give Michelle (who, apparently, has gone back to her maiden name, so that's going to be an interesting story) another chance because he thought she was too awesome to be sent home for blowing off the challenge. Repeatedly.

What? Some guy may not have wanted to be married to someone with perpetual bitchface and never wanted to be touched?  I find that hard to believe.

And.....of course for all his trouble, she whined and moaned about having a second chance.  Ugh, she is the worst.*

Hmm... why should Korina be exempt from criticism? She's certainly not spared any of her competitors, as we saw all season and most especially in last night's episode. I don't feel sorry for her one bit.

I just roll my eyes at the idea that any one designer is supposed to stifle public reaction to another designer.  If someone wants to say something, let them say it, and why do you keep assuming that people are going to stop just because you are friends with someone?  Why am I supposed to be personally invested in you enough to make sure I don't hurt your friends feelings?  The show makes personalities a point, so people are going to respond to someones personality, and thats going to be a personal attack.

* ETA - she is the co-worst, with Helen.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 3

When his model was walking down the runway, I couldn't believe Kini said "thank God she doesn't look like a hooker any more". That fake fur cropped jacket and super tight/short soccer dress couldn't scream street walker any louder. And top that off with the 80's prom hair. She looks like an extra coming off the set of SVU.

Overall a completely mediocre week. There were no winners today. Char is still a dead-weight and out of her depth. I'd be fine with a double auffing. Or better yet, throw in Christian Sirano and promise not to bring him onto my TV again.

ETA: Tim was the big loser this episode. He just came off as a total ass. Zero joy or charisma at all. He needs to be replaced asap.

Edited by Tony
  • Love 4

I'm still baffled by how she thought this behavior, on national television, would do anything but tank her reputation. Who would come running to her to buy her crap after this? Who would be willing to hire her - or even let her past security - after this? We saw what you're capable of, all right. No thanks.

Nina may be a pill, but she's a freaking editor at a major fashion magazine. How is mouthing off to her a good career move? Heidi is connected. Zac is a well-known designer with an undoubtedly vast network in the industry. Does she really think her name will come up in any positive way in conversations with other designers or members of the fashion press?

The lack of awareness - and heinous behavior - may just end her "career" before it really begins. Hope that last temper tantrum was worth it.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 6

Thank you. I'd also like to add that I don't really want to shop at Century 21, now or ever.

Realtors everywhere are probably very sad to hear this.  *GRIN*

About 10 years ago I went to a charity event, a pediatric cancer fundraiser. It was a fashion show with all clothing donated by a local  Century 21 (the cancer stricken kids doing the modeling were given their looks as a gift). Thinks I; a reality company donated the clothes???...That was nice, I guess... I was so confused for a while.

My understanding is that TG can use the save any way he wishes without explaining his choice. It's his to do with as he wants. Thus the reason it's the 'Tim Gunn' save, not just the 'second chance save'.

As to Korinda having a come to Jesus moment if/when she watches herself--Even Kenley and Wendy Pepper were significantly less heinous when they returned for all stars. It could happen. Maybe not anytime soon, but it could. I guess.

I'm still baffled by how she thought this behavior, on national television, would do anything but tank her reputation. Who would come running to her to buy her crap after this? Who would be begging to hire her - or even let her past security - after this?

Heavens! Everyone out there in TVland who saw how horribly she was treated, how unfair it all was, how her talent was wasted on things like tie-breakers with no-talents dweebs. Crikey, all those people who are wringing their hands in anguish about the nightmare results of last night's episode.

You know--everyone on this site.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 3

That's because, unlike the regular judges, Tim has superb taste and class.

I disagree about Tim having class. In past years he's come across as quite the bully and all too eager to talk smack about the contestants. Personally, I wish that he and his foolish saves would take a hike. 

Edited by ThatsDarling
  • Love 3

while the show is being filmed, the designers don't know how close you have to be to the end to go to Fashion Week

Really?  Why?  Hasn't it been almost half the designers on every season for some years now?  Shouldn't Korina have expected that if she made it to the final six that she'd be a decoy?  This is a question, not snark.  Do they really not know?

I forgot to say I liked Christian as guest judge tonight

Me too, but I still won't be watching Threads.  Goddamned children's talent shows - feh.

I think many of us are remembering the Bravo years through rose-colored glasses

Ain't that always the way.

I would love to see Korina and Helen in a room together.

Don't forget to add Gretchen and Kenley to that room.

Gretchen, yes, but aw,  Kenley wasn't so bad.    I'd add Sandro and Ken Lawrence and Vincent Libretti instead.

• Love 2

My new theory about the Tim Gunn save is that Tim responds to people who are very open to learning, something that I think Justin and Char have in common.  Look at the dynamic between Sean and Char this episode and the way he was coaching her through a lot of stuff.  She seemed to appreciate that and look at it as a learning opportunity whereas a lot of PR contestants with no greater technical skill than she has would have acted resentful and insulted.

Really great creative dynamic between Amanda and Kini this episode.  When Tim gave them a harsh and accurate critique ("teenage hooker," I think it was), they took a step back, agreed that he was right, and figured out a solution.  And the challenge being two days gave them time to do that.  I've been impressed with Amanda's ability to assess her own work this season.  I feel like, with one or two exceptions, she's known when a design hasn't worked out (like last week).  As others have pointed out, she also seemed to have an accurate read on Korina's terrible design this week in her talking head comments.

Good riddance to Korina.  Char may have some things she's not as good at, but she knew how to strategize and execute that one hour challenge.  When Sean asked her what she was looking for in the pile of fabric, she said "stretch jersey" - she knew what she could work with in the time allotted and, as someone else pointed out, she knew how best to take advantage of Sean as her helper.  And, because it can't be said enough, Char's superior attitude alone makes her more deserving than Korina in my eyes.  And whenever Korina boasts about her superior technical skills, I think of that horrendous green dress #2 that looked like it had been sewed by, well, me.

• Love 6

I say this with complete hate of Korina --

1)  So stupid for Nina to complain about Korina's aesthetic.  God, I really do not like Nina's bitchy (and I hate the word bitchy) attitude towards the designers for all the wrong things.  Korina has an aesthetic like every other designer, she should do it every time if she pleases, and in no way does someone's personal aesthetic/style comment on their skill as a designer.

2)  My two favourite outfits this episode was Kini's soccer ball dress --- including the hoochie fur! -- and Korina's full outfit that the "judges" "hated" including that green vinyl top, which by the way, Tim loved.  I really did like that outfit top to bottom.  I did not like Emily's couch thing, at all.  I would never, ever want to wear that couch top!

3)  Did not get the judges creaming all over the moving carpet jacket.  It looked like exactly what it was.  Moving carpet.  I see that in my condo elevator every weekend.  Why the F would I want to wear a jacket out of that S.

Sean was hilarious this episode. I love how Char showed class, assertiveness, stood up for herself, and really thrived under pressure.  I loved Kini and Amanda's joy and teamwork.  This episode really made me like Amanda (though I have to pretend she doesn't have a habit of defending the worst people that have ever been on this show.)  

I loved Emily's speech about what a Satantic pissant that Korina is, in the nicest way possible.  This episode really brought out the 'best' in everyone minus Korina and minus that collection of Sean/Char's that I was not too happy with.  Sean and Char were so fucking adorable together in every way.

I think the contestants need to get over the Save thing.  It's on every reality show is it not.  Or just the ones I watch.  Okay fine I didn't agree with it on Survivor.

Maybe [Korina]'s a product of her generation where everybody gets a ribbon for showing up

Completely unfair/ad hominem attack on an entire generation.   Out of all the things to criticize Korina's very specific behaviour for, why pick her age group?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
I think Tom and Lorenzo are giving Korina too much credit regarding her "It's not about you, Char" comment.  By that point, Korina had been ranting a good long while.  It was crystal clear what she was talking about and that she was in full meltdown.   She wasn't making indirect comments about the judging and producing to get around long standing traditions of not trash talking those groups.  She was hurt, angry, shocked, and lashing out at who she incorrectly perceived as the source of her pain and disappointment...Char.  Korina was feral in that moment, not crafty.

I agree.  Also, I would point out that Char certainly seemed to think she was criticizing her.  I also don't buy the bit about Korina coming to terms with the fact of producer shenanigans.  In her mind, any result that did not produce her as the winner would have to be rigged.  The intended defense of her behavior actually condems her all the more .

• Love 2

But personal attacks by Korina are cool? OK, then, Amanda.

• Love 9

Random thoughts and musings:

- Dear Korina, Part 1: there's a big difference between defending your own work on the runway and criticizing others' work to make yours look better. Guess which approach is the smarter choice?

- As much as I hate gameplay, I was impressed with Sean's frankness about why it benefitted him to help Char in the one-hour challenge.

- While Kini's soccer ball dress was incredible, I would wear the psychedelic yeti blouse/black skirt combo in a hot minute. Nicely done, Kini and Amanda.

- Char's one-hour challenge dress was a joy to see after all the hootchie-mama looks she's sent down the runway. She seems like a very nice woman, but she'd be on her ninth show life if she were a cat. I suspect next week will be her last gasp, despite the Tim Gunn Save .

- Dear Korina, Part 2: I will not miss your stank entitlement attitude. Don't let the doorknob hit you where the dog should have bit you.

• Love 3

But this? Was all sorts of wrong.

1. Char should have NEVER been saved. I thought the Tim Gunn Save was supposed to be based on talent as a fashion designer. You know, someone who got it wrong one challenge and merited a second chance. But I have seen nothing from Char outside of her being a great person. Her looks have been average to bottom. What that have to do with a design competition?

2. The helper bullshit. Gee, that was totally fair. Sean sure was elated to not only help sew, but basically serve as co-designer for the weaker competition and use it to his advantage. Emily clearly is on the Tim Gunn philosophy that Project Runway is a humanitarian award.

Again, I hate Korina but I can't help feeling she got robbed.

Well said, delicatecutter.  Much as I like Char, she should have been gone by now for multiple reasons.  Including that if she hadn't had Sean's help in sewing the one-hour challenge dress, it probably would have looked as bad as the red sack-and-shorts monstrosity with the ripped zipper that she made last episode.

And I call shenanigans on having Korina be Char's helper next week.  Come on, that is just TPTB pouring gasoline on the fire.  And because I do like Char, I don't care to see her get further abused or hurt by Korina for "entertainment" purposes.

p.s.  Confession:  I too loved the Korina Mood Sweater and would wear it in a New York minute.  Shut up, Nina.

Edited by EyesGlazed
  • Love 3

Another thing I noticed about this episode, Char and Sean bid on the bin with the dressers in the hopes that there was something in them. They got it for cheap because nobody else wanted to risk it, and lo and behold, they found all kinds of clothes and fabric rolls in there.

So I didn't quite get why their collection was black with the screen netting and lampshades? Surely there was some more interesting fabric choices they could have made… (unless they thought they'd get more credit for going the unconventional route rather than using the regular fabrics they got)

But all that fabric meant that there HAD to have been something more for Korina to choose from on her final dress than… well, whatever the heck that black and white stuff was. It looked like plastic. Anyone know?

I didn't understand Sean and Char's fabric choices either. Surely they had much more from which to choose. Didn't they have some leather chairs in that 2nd unit?

Am I the only one who didn't care for the soccer ball dress. Kini definitely deserves praise for being able to make a dress out of literally anything but I still hated it. His soccer ball dress/fur, Amanda's pants/cropped top and Sean and Char's screen door garments, they all looked like a new line of prostitute wear or what Zac Posen might describe as clothing for hoochies, who know how to twerk. After Zac mentioned twerking; I wanted so badly for someone to ask him if he knew how to twerk. 

Korina, Helen, Gretchen, Kenley, Sandro, Vincent, and Ken --all in one place at one time? Pretty sure all that negative energy would trigger the Apocalypse.

Well, it would have a better chance if you added Ven and Josh McKinley.  Hey, would that be enough designers to do a Project Runway Villains season? If not, there are a few people I could think of from Under The Gunn they could add. (I'm looking at you, Angela Sum.)

• Love 6

I don't understand the "Korina got robbed" storyline.

She went into this knowing the Tim Gunn Save was part of the challenge.   Unless the Tim Gunn Save is spelled out as "the Tim Gunn Save will only be used to save designers whose skills are demonstrably superior to remaining cast members," there are no grounds for complaint.   It's akin to complaining that someone on Survivor lasted longer because they had a hidden immunity idol.

re: Char's second "save."   No one was saving Char.   The person being "saved" was the ordinary person serving as a model that week, and she was "saved" from the humiliation of having her bikini area broadcast throughout the civilized world.  Furthermore, that "save" was conducted with the unanimous approval of the assembled designers -- including Korina -- who had every opportunity to object if they felt so terribly wronged.

As for the idea that Char enjoyed a third "save" by being pitted against Korina in the one-hour design-off, well, poppycock.  One could just as easily argue that Korina was "saved" in that instance.   Both looks were fairly terrible, and both designers should have been ashamed of their work. 

Korina's "you were eliminated!" complaint against Char rings hollow, since Korina herself would have been long gone weeks ago when the judges told her "you are very lucky you have immunity this week" after she presented the worst look for that episode.  Instead someone else was sent home in Korina's place.    In that instance, Korina benefited from the immunity rule, just as Char benefited from the Tim Gunn Save rule.

Korina is a sore loser, a mediocre designer, and a pretty but petty young woman.

• Love 20

When his model was walking down the runway, I couldn't believe Kini said "thank God she doesn't look like a hooker any more". That fake fur cropped jacket and super tight/short soccer dress couldn't scream street walker any louder. And top that off with the 80's prom hair. She looks like an extra coming off the set of SVU.

Yeah, I was almost shaking my head in disbelief when he said that. She looked more like a hooker than ever. I liked his dress, but the styling and the jacket screamed hooker. Perhaps not a teenage hooker though... *heh* And this is from someone who thinks that Kini is the best designer left and who, as mentioned, liked his football dress.

I have to say that I can't be upset, as some (very few it seems) are, that Char stayed over Korina. If Korina is a better designer than Char it's by the smallest of margins. I still remember that slinky green (?) dress she made as one of the worst ones I've seen on PR ever. It was horrible. And she has made one or two good jackets after that, but her "talent" is a joke. She's definitely one of the worst ones left in a lacklustre season and Char is basically on the same level as her, but not as good at sewing.

• Love 2

Korina did indeed get robbed!

Based on the judges opinions she had won two of the last four challenges,  Char had won none all season. 

If they were both equally bad this week, the judges  should have based it on overall body of work, in which case Korina would have wiped the floor with Char.

Char is a nice lady, but  you should not get a free pass to the top 5 by being "nice".  How many times has she been in the top 3 looks?? I only remember once and it was just basically because she copied the same look that her American Doll had.

She has been completely mediocre all season and that says a lot in this mediocre season. 

Edited by blaase
  • Love 3

I know I'm in the minority here, but I loved Sandro, and I don't think him as bad as everyone else did.  I think he was frustrated with Helen, who was, of course acting like a class A bitch and telling Sandro that he shouldn't have asked for feedback on the runway.  And then of course Ken had an opinion, and they were ganging up on him and he got frustrated.  But I liked his brand of crazy, and I thought for the most part he was genuinely a nice person.  I also thought he was smart to ask for feedback on the runway, Ken was just being a bitch because he never thought to ask, and Helen was just wanting to put a spotlight on herself to be pitied.

• Love 6

Well said, delicatecutter.  Much as I like Char, she should have been gone by now for multiple reasons.  Including that if she hadn't had Sean's help in sewing the one-hour challenge dress, it probably would have looked as bad as the red sack-and-shorts monstrosity with the ripped zipper that she made last episode.

To date, the Tim Gunn Save has rescued "nice" designers who clearly won't be going to Fashion Week.  That's not what it's for, Tim.

And I call shenanigans on having Korina be Char's helper next week.  Come on, that is just TPTB pouring gasoline on the fire.  And because I do like Char, I don't care to see her get further abused or hurt by Korina for "entertainment" purposes.

p.s.  Confession:  I too loved the Korina Mood Sweater and would wear it in a New York minute.  Shut up, Nina.

I disagree with the notion that Tim only saved Char because she was nice. I also disagree with the idea that she was only able to pull off the final dress because she had Sean's help.  Prior to being voted out Char hadn't done too badly in the competition. She had 1 high score and 4 Ins. She was voted out on her first low score. Which I realize that they're judged from week to week, rather than cumulatively. However, outside of Carrie and Jefferson (the initial 2 cast offs); unlike Char, each contestant had been voted out on their 2nd or 3rd low score.

Korina had 3 low scores and went home on the 3rd. 

Alexander had 3 low scores and went home on the 3rd.

Sandhya had 3 low scores and went home on the 3rd.

Fade had 2 low scores and went home on the 2nd.

Samantha had 2 low scores and went home on the 2nd.

Kristine had 2 low scores and went home on the 2nd.

Mitchell 2 low scores/went home on the 2nd.

Hernan 2 low scores/went home.

Angela 2 low scores/went home on the 2nd.

Since being brought back Char has achieved 2 additional Ins, 1 high score and 2 additional low scores. She, Sean and Emily now each have 3 low scores. Sean however also has 3 wins and 1 additional high score. Emily has no wins and like Char 2 high scores. 

Keeping all of that in mind; I think Tim's decision to bring Char back was a fair one and her efforts in the first 5 challenges prove that she is quite capable of producing a decent dress. We also have to keep in mind though that this group as whole is extremely lack luster and Korina choked on the 1 hour challenge. Design wise, they all suck. Kini is obviously a master at construction and he deserves credit for that. Again though, design wise they all suck. 

• Love 5

Based on the judges opinions she had won two of the last four challenges,  Char had won none all season. 

If they were both equally bad this week, the judges  should have based it on overall body of work, in which case Korina would have wiped the floor with Char.

Char is a nice lady, but  you should not get a free pass to the top 5 by being "nice". She has been completely mediocre all season and that says a lot in this mediocre season. 

Heidi always says "one week you're in, the next you're out."  I know they have sometimes referenced who they would more want to see a collection from, or who they would be more interested in seeing more work from, but thats not necessarily judging their entire body of work.  They have often said that a person can be on top one week and out the next, and I believe its happened.  

Fade hadn't won a single challenge and I think he is a better designer than both of them.  

Char has also been in the top, so its not like she has only produced mediocre work.  Her movie ticket dress was also pretty cool.  I would certainly agree that she isn't the best designer, but Korina isn't so much better, and she certainly isn't as good as she thinks she is.  She lacks the ability to listen, and thats a skill that I don't think you can teach, look at the Heidi challenge where she came in at the bottom.  Heidi told her she hated the color....Korina responded...but buying the exact same color.  If you want to look at her overall work, that is certainly something to consider, Korina doesn't want to listen to clients, Korina thinks she knows better than everyone else.  If you're looking for someone that will take your feedback and improve, is it really going to be the person who has shown she doesn't want to listen?

• Love 5

Ugh, that is the truth.  I know some people like Mary Kay, so I'm just gonna say that I don't think the colors translate well on TV.  Maybe they look rich and amazing in real life, and the colors seem pigmented, but they come off so garish on TV.

I've never used Mary Kay products and it's been years since I've seen them in person. I agree that it looks bad onscreen. I hope that's not how the stuff looks off-screen. Otherwise, Mary Kay is in stiff competition with Wet n Wild for being the most garish.

I've never used Mary Kay products and it's been years since I've seen them in person. I agree that it looks bad onscreen. I hope that's not how the stuff looks off-screen. Otherwise, Mary Kay is in stiff competition with Wet n Wild for being the most garish.

LMAO!  You just wait, a few more years and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw handlebar putting Wet n' Wild on the models.  That would be so hilarious :)

But seriously, people seem to really like Mary Kay, but I don't know how Mary Kay thinks that this is helping them.  It also doesn't help that half of the models are really only missing an adam's apple.  I wonder if someone at Mary Kay is watching the show and really thinks the makeup is looking good or if they realize this sponsorship was probably a fail.

• Love 2

A few years?! At this rate, I'd say next season. ;)

That would be so funny.  I know I have my line, but makeup by Wet n' Wild, and handlebar trying to really talk up the colors and how great the foundation is would just be too good to be missed.

• Love 1

Is that you, Korina?  LOL, j/k.

In Project Runway, as in life, you're only as good as your last screw-up.

• Love 5

I have said my piece (peace?) on Korina in her thread and I am not in the mood to argue and take all comers so I'll leave that whole thing alone from now on.  My thoughts on other things this episode:

I was screaming silently at Tim Gunn when he put the kibosh on the first bit of creative design Kini has done this whole season.  I think Amanda clearly, clearly deserved that win because she was obviously the driving force behind that team--she picked the storage compartment, she picked the Psychedelic Yeti, she picked the extra fabric, everything was as far from Kini's usual deal as it could be.  I liked their stuff better before Tim got his hand in it (of course Tim will not understand Psychedelic Yeti clothes, it's not to his taste and he doesn't have the imagination to extend that far past his taste) and I think the soccer ball dress was overpraised.  I liked the idea, but I didn't like the execution, all the black pieces cut out and glued on.  I think it would have been better as a skirt.  Their stuff was not "good" exactly, but it was bizarre and interesting.  And that's all Amanda.

I think in my mind I was filling in Jillian's final Season 4 collection in place of Korina and Emily's, which it sort of resembled (with vastly more time and talent).  Sean and Char's were just boring, every single piece.  I kind of liked Char's jacket the best of their collection, though.  In general I liked the challenge, though I wish they hadn't sprung the third look on them so we might have gotten better results.  Christian seemed less subdued and gloomy than he was last time he was a guest judge, which is good.  I doubt I'll watch his new show but who knows?

I'd be kind of surprised if Amanda knew who Keith Haring was.

Ah yes that profoundly obscure artist, Keith Haring.  I would take that bet, if you were betting.

I think many of us are remembering the Bravo years through rose-colored glasses. Even in Season 1 there was a lot of drama: "Project Drunkway", Morgan the undependable model, Wendy Pepper and the missing photo of her daughter, and of course Shoegate. It's just that the designers then were so much more talented than  the lackluster wannabes now, we tend to remember the clothes. I find it really hard to care who gets auffed, they're all so boring.

MORGANZA was one of the best parts of Season 1.  She was the kind of character we want--talent, but also drama, rather than strict drama/talent separation as we usually get these days.  It was Kevin's outfit she wrecked, by the way, but the unforgettable moment was her showing it to Jay before going upstairs while he was out having a smoke, so it's an easy mistake to make.

• Love 2

Christian seemed less subdued and gloomy than he was last time he was a guest judge, which is good.  I doubt I'll watch his new show but who knows?

I hope y'all will watch Project Runway Threads because I'm going to be recapping it for another site. I don't know how I feel about Christian now. In my mind, I'm remembering him as Kini. I'm attracted to competency so my favorites are always going to be the ones who show real skill and, in their cases, speed. I remember him being amusing. Catty, but not vicious. I don't think he made that much of an impression on me this episode. Maybe he was a little more subdued next to Zac. Maybe he was just underwhelmed by the designs.

• Love 1

That would be so funny.  I know I have my line, but makeup by Wet n' Wild, and handlebar trying to really talk up the colors and how great the foundation is would just be too good to be missed.

An even better idea would be if they used the makeup you find in the Halloween aisles.

• Love 2

Its starting to look like that....but I don't blame Mary Kay, I just think the colors don't translate well to TV

You're absolutely right that they don't.

Right now, I'm envisioning Handlebar applying red stick Halloween makeup as if it were rouge on one of the models. I can't erase that visual from my mind.

• Love 1

You're absolutely right that they don't.

Right now, I'm envisioning Handlebar applying red stick Halloween makeup as if it were rouge on one of the models. I can't erase that visual from my mind.

Let me give you the script for how it'll go down

Designer:  well you know, she is supposed to be a feminist robot doctor from the future, so I was thinking a strong eye, and a red lip

Handlebar:  well why don't fabulous blood red from the Party City "Get your Zombie on collection".....starts applying to the models lips.....as you can see, this color really makes her lips look so fresh, but so strong and it makes a bold statement.

Handlebar:  And if we use a dab of the "pus green" for the lid, and a little of the "scab brown" for the browbone, her eyes will really pop.

Designer: wow, she looks great, thanks Party City!

*facial shot of the model flashes on the screen as they head to the White Rain hair design studio*

• Love 16