Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

On 12/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, Silver Raven said:

This ad makes me laugh, even though the little girl goes overboard.

The first thing that I said after seeing this commercial for the first time was

"Why hasn't she tried to use that on the dog first?"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, but from the snippet they play in the commercial it sounds like something they made up just for the commercial and not like any song I heard in the 70s.  It certainly doesn't sound like "Jungle Boogie."

Funny, what I heard was "Get Down Tonight"  by KC and the  Sunshine Band.....

• Love 1

Wait, that's (the Wal-Mart commercial) the "Get down" song that's supposed to be "Jungle Boogie"?  Other than both having "get down, get down," I cannot find a single similarity to this:

It's an interesting combination of presents they get Mother Rose - a smart TV, a record player, and an ugly sweater.  So she lives with them, and the record player and TV are really for them, and all that's really Mother Rose's gift is the ugly sweater?

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4

I find most of the Walmart holiday commercials 'meh' at best, but I do like the one with the cat in the holiday sweater giving her owner the side eye for pretending that the store bought buy was homemade.  There's a longer version where he/she is also judging the owner for her terrible cheese ball snowman.  Personally I think the cat is just pissed about having to wear the sweater.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I saw that commercial with the girl asking the reindeer questions tonight (not for the first time).  It occurred to me that this kid is about to get a rude awakening when the reindeer ask her who the fuck Santa is and why she thinks they can fly.

Also, I prefer the version (I think I've only seen it online) where the one reindeer tells the other one that he can say whatever he wants; the girl isn't going to understand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

For years, Lexus holiday commercials have had this annoying faux Christmas carol looping in the background, but I don't remember hearing it even once this year. Either they finally retired it (yay!) or I've just been watching channels they don't advertise on. Either way I'm happy.

• Love 1

Thank the TV gods there are only hours to go for the damn jewelry ads....Jared,Pandora, Zales, and the worst of all - Kay. Ugly, tacky, over-priced trinkets aimed at mostly men who have no idea what to get their significant others.  Chocolate diamonds?? Frozen-themed engagement rings?? Are you fucking kidding me? 

"Every Kiss Begins with Kaaaay!"  You know what else begins with 'K'?  "Keep the receipt, cuz that shit's goin' back."

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

Thank the TV gods there are only hours to go for the damn jewelry ads....Jared,Pandora, Zales, and the worst of all - Kay. Ugly, tacky, over-priced trinkets aimed at mostly men who have no idea what to get their significant others.  Chocolate diamonds?? Frozen-themed engagement rings?? Are you fucking kidding me? 

"Every Kiss Begins with Kaaaay!"  You know what else begins with 'K'?  "Keep the receipt, cuz that shit's goin' back."

As much as I hate all those cloying jewelry commercials, kudos to Zales for the Enchanted Disney Villain collection.  That's awesome.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Did anyone see the "Peter comes home" commercial this year? I didn't. Bummer. 

I haven’t seen the Peter commercial in years. I don’t think they run it anymore. 

• Love 1
On 12/24/2019 at 10:58 AM, Maverick said:

The jewelry ads won't stop for long, if at all.  Already time to sell Valentine's Day. 

I dread all the tax prep and weight loss ads that are only days away. 

Don't forget the barrage of political ads.😣 Two of them already started in my area.

6 hours ago, InDueTime said:

Don't forget the barrage of political ads.😣 Two of them already started in my area.

Tax prep, weight loss, and OMG the political ads...I only hope my mute button is strong enough!

Edited by Gramto6
typo/double post
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, trudysmom said:

The Oreo commercial with the Elf who says "oreos for Santa?" that I keep thinking he's saying "oreos placenta".  Now my whole family is saying it, I think I've put them off oreos forever. 

That's one way to keep all the Oreo's for yourself.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

MAKE IT END! This is what I'm pleading dozens of times every evening as yet another Target ad starts with Sam Smith's whiny banshee wailing of 'I Feel Love'. I was hoping they'd move on to another theme song post-holiday, but so far, nope. I used to kind of like him, but at this point, it'll be a cold day in hell when I listen to his stuff ever again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

MAKE IT END! This is what I'm pleading dozens of times every evening as yet another Target ad starts with Sam Smith's whiny banshee wailing of 'I Feel Love'. I was hoping they'd move on to another theme song post-holiday, but so far, nope. I used to kind of like him, but at this point, it'll be a cold day in hell when I listen to his stuff ever again.

that's IT! i hate that song so much i had to use my broken hand to make capital letters. if i never hear that annoying whiny, high pitched horror boring into my brain it will be too soon.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I thought there was a Super Bowl commercial thread at one time, but I don't see it now.

Just in case this is the right place for those, the one with Jason Momoa cracked me up.  I have no idea what it was for, but it made me laugh.

I also liked the Cheetos one with MC Hammer.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I thought there was a Super Bowl commercial thread at one time, but I don't see it now.

I think it was merged into this one a while ago.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to join the actual game thread, where we are talking about the commercials, please come on over!

• Love 2

If a particular Super Bowl ad is your favorite, or annoys you, etc as fit the theme of existing other topics, it is fine to discuss it in the applicable topic. If the primary purpose of the post is to discuss this year's Super Bowl ads because they're Super Bowl ads, please do so here. For more info on where to post what, please see the pinned announcement at the root of the Commercials forum.

• Love 2

Now that it's Mother's Day, Portal can hopefully stop showing this ad. The message is OK. But, the humming, whispering rendition of "All You Need is Love" quite grating. Maybe it's because I never cared for that song in the first place.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:27 PM, Annber03 said:

Haven't seen that one yet, but I have seen the Reese's "Let's Get it On" one :D. 

I am always troubled by any reference to food items having a sex life...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I've been seeing those Balsam Hill ads for a week now. It's not even fucking Halloween yet!

I know! It drives me nuts that they start Christmas ads so early. Hallmark is starting Christmas movies around the 23rd or so. It is goinmg to be a loooong Christmas season this year and I am not looking forward to it!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I know! It drives me nuts that they start Christmas ads so early. Hallmark is starting Christmas movies around the 23rd or so. It is goinmg to be a loooong Christmas season this year and I am not looking forward to it!

Same with Lifetime. I'm not normally a Lifetime viewer but I've been watching Rizzoli and Isles lately and they have Christmas movie commercials every ten seconds I swear!

• Love 4