Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Same with Lifetime. I'm not normally a Lifetime viewer but I've been watching Rizzoli and Isles lately and they have Christmas movie commercials every ten seconds I swear!

Yess! I've been watching Rizzoli and Isles a lot too. Actually it is Lifetime starting Oct 23 with Christmas. I don't watch Hallmark since they don't show Touched by an Angel any more when I could watch but I am sure they won't be far behind Lifetime.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Well.  I just saw a "holiday" ad for Philadelphia cream cheese.  😢

I know!  I couldn't believe it!  October 13???

15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Well.  I just saw a "holiday" ad for Philadelphia cream cheese.  😢

I know!  I couldn't believe it!  October 13???

• Love 1

The mind-boggling thing is they wouldn't do that if the ratings didn't justify it, which means there are a substantial number of people out there who will not only watch that dreck, but will watch it for months.  Have you ever tried to watch one of those things, like when you're really sick or really bored or just too lazy to sit up so you can dig the remote out from between the cushions?  I don't know how people make it through a whole movie, let alone come back for more.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

The mind-boggling thing is they wouldn't do that if the ratings didn't justify it, which means there are a substantial number of people out there who will not only watch that dreck, but will watch it for months.  Have you ever tried to watch one of those things, like when you're really sick or really bored or just too lazy to sit up so you can dig the remote out from between the cushions?  I don't know how people make it through a whole movie, let alone come back for more.

Most of those movies are light hearted and have happy endings.  I think a lot of people want to see movies like that especially today, it's escapism. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Most of those movies are light hearted and have happy endings.  I think a lot of people want to see movies like that especially today, it's escapism. 

Very true, but they just aren't for me either. I'd rather watch reruns of Bones, Monk, Crossing Jordan to name a few. I wish a channel near me aired Quantum Leap...love me some Scott Bakula! Would also rather watch the whole NCIS franchise of reruns. Just not into those sappy romance/holiday movies.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don’t know if I even get the channel(s) these movies are on, but it was weirdly comforting when my mother was in a hospice home in December a few years ago, and they were showing on her tv 24/7. Even if they didn’t register for her, I hope they at least provided a pleasant break for the people who were caring for her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I don't care that those movies exist and that people want to watch them. I care that Hallmark replaces Golden Girls and Frasier with them for two months straight.

This. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

Frasier is on Cozi Mon-Fri (2 shows).

I'm in Central time zone. When is Frasier on Cozi? Night owl here... Cozi was just added to Dish, doesn't show on the guide I use Zap2It.

Edited by Gramto6
typo twiced
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I don’t know if I even get the channel(s) these movies are on, but it was weirdly comforting when my mother was in a hospice home in December a few years ago, and they were showing on her tv 24/7. Even if they didn’t register for her, I hope they at least provided a pleasant break for the people who were caring for her. 

I totally get this. Sometimes we find comfort in places we don't expect.

• Love 3
On 10/16/2020 at 5:10 PM, janie jones said:

I don't care that those movies exist and that people want to watch them. I care that Hallmark replaces Golden Girls and Frasier with them for two months straight.

Exactly. Especially when they could put those sappy movies on Hallmark Movie channel instead. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Exactly. Especially when they could put those sappy movies on Hallmark Movie channel instead. 

Are you talking about Hallmark Movies and Mysteries? Those terrible things should not be on that channel at all. Bring back Columbo!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Are you talking about Hallmark Movies and Mysteries? Those terrible things should not be on that channel at all. Bring back Columbo!

like Aurora Teagarden mysteries? and they only way i know is because of the TV guide and I couldn't believe they were 2 in a row.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

like Aurora Teagarden mysteries? and they only way i know is because of the TV guide and I couldn't believe they were 2 in a row.

Yeah, that stuff. They used to run Columbo every morning and then have their original movies on the rest of the day. Now they're having Matlock but in a few days it's gonna be all Christmas, all the time. Shit.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, that stuff. They used to run Columbo every morning and then have their original movies on the rest of the day. Now they're having Matlock but in a few days it's gonna be all Christmas, all the time. Shit.

for the next 2 months

I saw a KOHLS commercial....🤔

Just now, Nicmar said:

for the next 2 months

I saw a KOHLS commercial....🤔

Christmas

10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I guess? I don't get that channel, but I remember that Hallmark had a movie channel. Like Lifetime movie Channel. 

God bless America, I guess. Those Treetopia ads, for black, dark purple, zebra striped, rainbow striped and OMBRE holiday trees! I gather this product has been advertised for several years (based on their website touting their appearance on Leno), but I've never seen it before.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

God bless America, I guess. Those Treetopia ads, for black, dark purple, zebra striped, rainbow striped and OMBRE holiday trees! I gather this product has been advertised for several years (based on their website touting their appearance on Leno), but I've never seen it before.

How very Christmassy. Bleh.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2020 at 5:34 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm already tired of the Coffee Mate seasonal flavors.   Isn't that the same commercial they've shown for years?  With the same flavors?   

I saw a flavored Coffee creamer It was International Coffee Cream and its Buddy the Elf inspired flavors !🤢

I don't understand this commercial:

This version is actually longer than the one I've seen on TV. When I saw it was over a minute long, I thought it would answer some of my questions, but it doesn't. What makes them think it's the other who is making them the ornaments? It could be anyone! Is the old couple also including a note saying it's from the other person? I suppose the guy could be going over there to see if she knows who's leaving them, but you can tell they think it's each other by their longing looks. Are they just supposed to be hoping?

Also, way to be socially distant, people. (Either Hobby Lobby doesn't believe in wearing masks, which wouldn't surprise me, or they want us to forget about the pandemic. I cannot.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Comet (digital sub-channel) airs Quantum Leap.

You can put in your zip code at this link  at their website and it will tell you if it is available where you live.

You can also watch Comet live at their website.

I would have no problem with them airing holiday movies if they weren't aired constantly.  Just a few hours of something else, anything else.

I just don't like marathons in general, even if it is a series I like.

Having holiday commercials early this year makes sense given that there is a big push to mail packages early so that they arrive on time.

Thanks so much!! Comet is on Dish here! A whole new world of reruns opens before me!!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, janie jones said:

I don't understand this commercial:

This version is actually longer than the one I've seen on TV. When I saw it was over a minute long, I thought it would answer some of my questions, but it doesn't. What makes them think it's the other who is making them the ornaments? It could be anyone! Is the old couple also including a note saying it's from the other person? I suppose the guy could be going over there to see if she knows who's leaving them, but you can tell they think it's each other by their longing looks. Are they just supposed to be hoping?

Also, way to be socially distant, people. (Either Hobby Lobby doesn't believe in wearing masks, which wouldn't surprise me, or they want us to forget about the pandemic. I cannot.)

I saw this for the first time yesterday.  I have lots of issues with Hobby Lobby but they do make lovely Christmas commercials.  I think the idea is each of them catches a glimpse of the other right after finding the ornament so they jump to the conclusion that it was the other leaving the gift?  It's so cute that the neighbors are playing matchmaker.  (Maybe they are the parents of one of the young people. Ha!)

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Well, whoever is leaving non-postal stuff in a mailbox is actually breaking the law. It's illegal to use a mailbox for anything that wasn't sent via USPS.  Which doesn't surprise me there, either, that Hobby Lobby would encourage that.

Yes! I got a package from Amazon they said was delivered and I couldn't find it. My husband found it in the mailbox - it was not delivered by USPS. Amazon delivery people should know better.

• Love 1
Just now, Silver Raven said:

Ugh.  They're running ads for Campbell's mushroom soup telling us we are required to have green bean casserole for holiday dinners.  I detest green bean casserole.

You are not alone.  Our entire family hates it except for my nephew's in-laws and they're the ones hosting T'giving this year. I told 'em I'm high-risk, I'm in lockdown.  I have a feeling the in-laws will have a LOT of leftovers of that crap.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

You are not alone.  Our entire family hates it except for my nephew's in-laws and they're the ones hosting T'giving this year. I told 'em I'm high-risk, I'm in lockdown.  I have a feeling the in-laws will have a LOT of leftovers of that crap.

I've never had green bean casserole. My family usually has food that does not contain canned soup.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I've never had green bean casserole. My family usually has food that does not contain canned soup.

I finally found a recipe for beef stroganoff that doesn't include canned soup.

It's nice that Weather Tech is made in USA, but Xmas ads already?  OK, I guess we have to be generous this year & forgive the early advertisers because of ALL the online shopping/shipping that will occur during lockdown.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

It's nice that Weather Tech is made in USA, but Xmas ads already?  OK, I guess we have to be generous this year & forgive the early advertisers because of ALL the online shopping/shipping that will occur during lockdown.

True that.

3 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

That's interesting, I don't think I've ever seen a recipe for beef stroganoff that did include canned soup.

The holiday commercial that is currently driving me insane is for Food Network's holiday baking competition show(s). It has a godawful rendition of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" that at one point repeats "wonderful time, wonderful time, wonderful time". The shows are bad enough, FN, don't make it worse.

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Ashforth said:

The holiday commercial that is currently driving me insane is for Food Network's holiday baking competition show(s). It has a godawful rendition of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" that at one point repeats "wonderful time, wonderful time, wonderful time".

I just heard that one, and I agree!  It doesn't last very long, but, damn, it feels like it does.

• Love 2